How to Plan Your Shore Excursion of Tianjin Shijia Mansion and Ancient Culture Street With LunchIf you’re looking for an exciting and cultural experience in Tianjin during your cruise ship stop, the Shore Excursion of Tianjin Shijia Mansion and Ancient Culture Street with Lunch is the perfect choice. With a private English-speaking tour guide and an experienced driver, you’ll have the opportunity to explore Tianjin’s rich history and culture in just one day.
OverviewThis tour is designed for travelers who want to make the most out of their time in Tianjin. You’ll be picked up from the Tianjin International Cruise port and taken to explore the ancient Shijia Mansion, which is known for its unique architecture and rich history. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit the Ancient Culture Street, where you’ll find traditional Chinese handicrafts, local snacks, and a chance to experience the old Chinese culture.
What’s Included– Tianjin International Cruise port pickup and drop-off – Private English Speaking Tour Guide – Experienced Driver – Gratuities (Recommended) – Any other expenses that are not listed as included
Meeting and PickupThe meeting point for the tour is the Tianjin International Cruise port. Your private tour guide and experienced driver will meet you at the designated pick-up point to start your exciting day of exploration.
Pick-up pointsThere is only one pick-up point for this tour, which is the Tianjin International Cruise port.
Start timeThe tour starts at 09:00 AM sharp. It’s important to arrive on time to ensure a smooth start to your exploration of Tianjin.
What to Expect1.
Tianjin International Cruise PortYour journey will start at the Tianjin International Cruise port, where your private tour guide and experienced driver will meet you. You’ll be taken to explore some of the best places in Tianjin to learn about its rich history and culture. 2.
Tianjin Shijia MansionThe Tianjin Shijia Mansion is known for its unique architecture and rich history. Your private tour guide will take you on a tour of this attraction, explaining its unique features and historical significance. The mansion has beautiful landscapes, arch bridges, winding paths, and elegant buildings. 3.
Ancient Culture StreetThe Ancient Culture Street is the perfect place for travelers who want to experience traditional Chinese culture. It’s a pedestrian street located in the Nankai district of Tianjin. Here, you’ll find local snack bars, traditional handcraft shops, teahouses, folk-custom houses, and even a Qing Dynasty folk shrine.
Additional Info– Confirmation will be received at the time of booking. – Not wheelchair accessible – Children must be accompanied by an adult – Not recommended for travelers with back problems – Not recommended for pregnant travelers – No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Cancellation PolicyYou can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the tour is non-refundable.
Book the Tour HereIf you’re interested in booking the Shore Excursion of Tianjin Shijia Mansion and Ancient Culture Street with Lunch, you can book the tour through Viator. Viator is a trusted third-party company that offers many different travel experiences around the world. Book your tour today to experience the rich history and culture of Tianjin.
Tianjin: Frequently Asked QuestionsTianjin is a metropolis in northern China, with a rich history and vibrant culture. With so much to explore and discover, visitors often have many questions before they arrive. Below, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help make your trip to Tianjin as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
1. Why visit Tianjin?Tianjin has plenty to offer anyone with an interest in history, culture, or food. Its status as a major port city has made it a hub for international trade and a melting pot of different cultures. In addition to its historical and cultural significance, Tianjin is also a hub for modern industry and technology, with attractions like the Binhai New Area and Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area drawing many business travellers.
2. What is the best time to visit Tianjin?The best time to visit Tianjin is in the spring (March to May) or fall (September to November), when the weather is mild and pleasant. Summer (June to August) can be hot and humid, while winter (December to February) can be bitterly cold. However, each season has its own unique festivals and celebrations, so plan according to your interests.
3. How do I get to Tianjin?Tianjin has its own airport, Tianjin Binhai International Airport, which serves both domestic and international flights. Visitors can also reach Tianjin by train from Beijing, with several high-speed train lines connecting the two cities. Additionally, Tianjin is easily accessible via bus or car from nearby provinces.
4. What are some must-see attractions in Tianjin?Some of the must-see attractions in Tianjin include the following:
- The Ancient Culture Street, which is lined with shops selling traditional handicrafts and food
- The Tianjin Eye, a giant Ferris wheel with sweeping views of the city
- The Haihe River, a scenic riverfront with beautiful architecture and bridges
- The Five Great Avenues, a collection of streets with stunning European-style architecture
- The Tianjin Museum, which showcases the city’s history and culture
5. What are some popular local dishes in Tianjin?Tianjin is known for its delicious street food, particularly its snacks and breakfast foods. Some popular local dishes include:
- Goubuli Baozi: steamed buns with a variety of fillings, including pork, seafood, and vegetables
- Erduoyan Zhagao: crispy fried rice cakes with a variety of sauces and toppings
- Jianbing: a savory pancake stuffed with egg, vegetables, and chili sauce
- Fried Dough Twist: a crunchy fried dough snack with a variety of flavors, including sesame and seaweed
- Tianjin Mahua: a sweet, twisted pastry with sesame seeds and sugar
6. What is the currency used in Tianjin?The currency used in Tianjin, as well as the rest of China, is the yuan (CNY). There are many ATMs and banks throughout the city where visitors can exchange foreign currency or withdraw local currency.
7. What is the language spoken in Tianjin?Mandarin Chinese is the official language of Tianjin and is spoken by the majority of the city’s residents. However, English is becoming more widely spoken, particularly in tourist areas.
8. What are some tips for travelling in Tianjin?Some tips for travelling in Tianjin include the following:
- Carry a map or smartphone with GPS to help navigate the city’s streets
- Keep some cash on hand, as some smaller vendors may not accept credit cards
- Be prepared for crowds, especially in popular tourist areas
- Dress appropriately for the weather, especially during the summer and winter months
- Be polite and respectful of local customs and traditions
9. What is the voltage used in Tianjin?The voltage used in Tianjin, as well as the rest of China, is 220V. Visitors should ensure that their electronic devices are compatible with this voltage and bring necessary adapters or converters.
10. What are some nearby destinations to visit from Tianjin?Some nearby destinations that are worth visiting from Tianjin include:
- Beijing: China’s capital city is just a short train ride from Tianjin and offers an endless array of historical and cultural attractions
- Qinhuangdao: a scenic coastal city known for its beaches and seafood
- Chengde: a UNESCO World Heritage Site with stunning imperial palaces and temples
- Mount Panshan Scenic Area: a mountain range with beautiful natural scenery and historic temples
Final ThoughtsTianjin is a city full of surprises, with something new and exciting to discover around every corner. Whether you’re interested in exploring its history and culture, trying its delicious local cuisine, or discovering its modern technological advancements, Tianjin truly has something for everyone. Use this FAQ as a guide to help plan your trip and make the most of your time in this incredible metropolis.
How to spend your time as a tourist in TianjinTianjin, the fourth most populous city in China, is a vibrant metropolis with a rich history and culture. As a tourist, there are many exciting things to do and see in Tianjin. From exploring ancient temples to enjoying modern shopping and entertainment centers, you will have a memorable experience in this beautiful city. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you plan your itinerary and make the most of your trip to Tianjin:
1. Visit the Ancient Culture StreetIf you want to learn more about the rich history and culture of Tianjin, the Ancient Culture Street is a must-visit destination. Located in Nankai District, this street is lined with traditional-style buildings, handicraft shops, and restaurants. You can find a wide range of souvenirs, including Chinese calligraphy, paintings, jade carvings, and porcelain.
2. Take a stroll along the Haihe RiverThe Haihe River is the heart of Tianjin and a popular tourist attraction. You can take a leisurely stroll along the riverbank and enjoy the beautiful scenery. There are also many landmarks you can visit, such as the Tianjin Eye Ferris wheel, Tianjin TV Tower, and the Jiefang Bridge.
3. Explore the Five Great AvenuesThe Five Great Avenues, located in Heping District, are famous for their European-style architecture. These avenues are named after the five different countries whose architectural styles are represented here: Britain, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain. You can take a walking tour to admire the beautiful buildings and learn more about the history of these foreign concessions in Tianjin.
4. Visit the Tianjin Eye Ferris wheelThe Tianjin Eye Ferris wheel is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Tianjin. Located on the Haihe River, this giant Ferris wheel offers spectacular views of the city from a height of 120 meters. You can enjoy a romantic ride with your loved one or take your family for a fun and thrilling experience.
5. See the Porcelain HouseThe Porcelain House, located in the Heping District, is a beautiful mansion with a stunning façade decorated with millions of pieces of porcelain. Inside, you can admire the impressive collection of antiques, ceramics, and artwork from around the world. This unique museum is a must-visit destination for art lovers.
6. Shop at the Binjiang Avenue Pedestrian StreetIf you want to go shopping, the Binjiang Avenue Pedestrian Street is the place to be. This street is lined with modern shopping centers, department stores, and boutiques offering a wide range of products, including clothes, shoes, electronics, and souvenirs. You can also enjoy delicious food and drinks at the many restaurants and cafes.
7. Visit the Temple of the Queen of HeavenThe Temple of the Queen of Heaven, also known as the Tianhou Palace, is one of the oldest and most important temples in Tianjin. Built in the 14th century, this temple is dedicated to Mazu, the goddess of the sea, who protects fishermen and sailors. You can admire the beautiful architecture and learn more about the folklore and legends associated with this temple.
8. Enjoy the nightlife at the Wudadao Bar StreetThe Wudadao Bar Street, located in Heping District, is a popular destination for locals and tourists who want to enjoy the nightlife in Tianjin. This street is lined with bars, clubs, and restaurants offering a wide range of entertainment options, including live music, DJ performances, and karaoke.
Book Your Tour NowTianjin is a beautiful city with a rich history and culture. As a tourist, you can have a memorable experience by visiting its many attractions, such as the Ancient Culture Street, the Five Great Avenues, and the Tianjin Eye Ferris wheel. You can also enjoy shopping, dining, and nightlife at the many modern centers in the city. Whether you are traveling alone, with your family, or with your loved one, Tianjin has something for everyone.
Table of Contents