How to Plan Your Giza Pyramids Memphis City and Sakkara Pyramid Day TourAre you planning a trip to Egypt and want to experience the history of ancient Egypt? If so, the Giza Pyramids Memphis City and Sakkara Pyramid Day Tour is a must-see for any traveler. This tour takes you through the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx, the ancient city of Memphis, and the Saqqara Pyramid – home of the first true pyramid. In this guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know to plan your tour and create an unforgettable experience.
Overview of the TourThe Giza Pyramids Memphis City and Sakkara Pyramid Day Tour is an action-packed tour that includes visiting the top three ancient Egyptian attractions in Cairo. You will enjoy a masterclass in ancient history from your private Egyptologist guide and travel in style in a private A/C latest model vehicle. The tour takes you through the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx, the ancient city of Memphis, and the Saqqara Pyramid – home of the first true pyramid.
What’s Included in the TourThis door-to-door private tour is an all-inclusive package that covers everything you need for a comfortable and informative experience. You will have all transfers by private A/C latest model vehicle. You will also receive a bottle of water and a snack pack with Pepsi, water, and chips. Entrance fees and tipping are included in the price – so you won’t need to worry about any hidden costs. Lunch is optional, and if you choose to have it, it will be included in the price. The tour also includes any optional tours that you may want to take, but these are not mandatory.
The ItineraryThe Giza Pyramids Memphis City and Sakkara Pyramid Day Tour itinerary is designed to make the most of your time in Cairo. The tour is approximately 8 hours long, and you will visit the following sites:
The Great Pyramids and the SphinxYou will start your tour at the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx of Giza. These ancient structures are the last remaining wonders of the ancient world and have captivated visitors for centuries. Your private Egyptologist guide will show you around the pyramids and explain their history and significance. You will also visit the temple where the priests mummified King Khufu.
The Saqqara PyramidAfter visiting the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx, you will move on to the Saqqara Pyramid. This ancient structure is home of the first true pyramid and is a fascinating example of ancient Egyptian architecture. Your private Egyptologist guide will explain the history and significance of the Saqqara Pyramid as you explore this marvel of engineering.
Ancient City of MemphisThe final part of the tour takes you to the site of ancient Memphis. Memphis was the ancient capital of Egypt and is home to some of the most impressive statues and temples of the Pharaonic period. You will also get a chance to see the imposing statue of Ramses II and learn about the history of the site.
Meeting and PickupYou can head directly to your preferred meeting point or request pickup. The tour operator will pick you up from your hotel or another location in Cairo based on your preference.
What to BringThe tour is structured to ensure your comfort, so you won’t need to pack much. However, we suggest you wear comfortable clothes and shoes as you will be doing a lot of walking. It is also recommended to bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
Booking the TourIf you are interested in booking the Giza Pyramids Memphis City and Sakkara Pyramid Day Tour, you can book the tour here. This link will take you to the Viator website where you can purchase your tickets and get all the information you need for your upcoming adventure.
Book Your Tour NowThe Giza Pyramids Memphis City and Sakkara Pyramid Day Tour is one of the most popular tours in Cairo for a reason. It offers visitors a chance to experience the fascinating history of ancient Egypt, while also enjoying a comfortable and informative experience. By following the tips we’ve shared in this guide, you can plan the perfect tour and create unforgettable memories of your trip to Egypt.
Giza FAQ: Your Ultimate Guide to this Historic Egyptian CityGiza is an ancient city located in Egypt and is famous for being the location of the Great Pyramid of Giza. This historic city is a dream destination for tourists who love to explore ancient history, culture, and architecture. There are many questions that travelers may have about the city of Giza before their trip. Here are some frequently asked questions and everything you need to know about Giza.
What is Giza?Giza is a city located in Egypt, situated on the western bank of the Nile river. The city is one of the most significant tourist destinations in Egypt due to its many landmarks that draw visitors from all over the world. Giza is most famous for being the location of the Great Pyramid of Giza, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
What are the top attractions to visit in Giza?Giza is a city full of historic landmarks and architectural marvels. Some of the top attractions to visit in Giza are:
The Great Pyramid of GizaThe Great Pyramid of Giza is the largest of the three pyramids in Giza and is the most famous landmark in the city. This architectural marvel is over 4,500 years old and is considered one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
The SphinxThe Sphinx is an iconic statue located in Giza that features a lion’s body and a human head. It is the largest single-stone statue in the world, standing over 66 feet tall.
The Pyramid of KhafreThe Pyramid of Khafre is the second-largest pyramid in Giza and is also over 4,500 years old. It is considered one of the most well-preserved pyramids in the city.
The Pyramid of MenkaureThe Pyramid of Menkaure is the smallest of the three pyramids located in Giza but still holds great historical significance. It was constructed during the 26th century BC and is made of limestone.
When is the best time to visit Giza?The best time to visit Giza is between October and April. During these months, the weather is mild, and there is less humidity, making it more comfortable to explore the city. The summer months are not recommended due to the extreme heat, making it difficult to enjoy outdoor activities.
What is the weather like in Giza?Giza has a desert climate, with hot summers and mild winters. Summer temperatures can reach over 100°F, while winter temperatures rarely drop below 50°F. The city is relatively dry all year round, with very little rainfall.
What is the currency used in Giza?The official currency used in Giza, as well as all of Egypt, is the Egyptian pound. Many of the tourist attractions accept US dollars and Euros, but it’s always best to have some Egyptian pounds with you to make purchases and pay for services.
What is the language spoken in Giza?The official language spoken in Giza, as well as all of Egypt, is Arabic. English is also widely spoken in the city, especially in tourist areas, so language barriers won’t be a significant issue for visitors.
What is the food like in Giza?Egyptian cuisine is unique and flavorful, and Giza has a fantastic array of dishes for visitors to try. Some of the must-try foods in Giza include:
KoshariKoshari is a traditional Egyptian dish that consists of rice, lentils, macaroni, and chickpeas, topped with a spicy tomato sauce and fried onions.
FalafelFalafel is a deep-fried or baked ball made from ground chickpeas, fava beans, or both. It’s often served in a pita bread or as part of a meze platter.
ShawarmaShawarma is a popular Middle Eastern sandwich made from roasted meat, such as chicken, beef, or lamb, served with vegetables and tahini sauce.
Is Giza safe for tourists?Giza is generally safe for tourists, and serious crime is relatively rare. However, visitors should take precautions to ensure their safety, such as avoiding deserted areas at night and being aware of their surroundings when in crowded tourist areas. It’s also best to avoid political demonstrations and gatherings.
What is the dress code in Giza?Egypt is a conservative country, and visitors should dress modestly when touring in Giza. Women should cover their shoulders and wear clothes that cover their knees. Men should also avoid sleeveless shirts and shorts that fall above the knee.
What is the best way to get around Giza?One of the best ways to get around Giza is by taxi. Taxis are plentiful and relatively cheap, and many are metered. Visitors can also use ride-sharing apps like Uber and Careem. Another popular option is to hire a private driver for the day, especially if you plan to visit multiple tourist sites.
Book Your Tour Now:Giza is an incredible destination for travelers who love history and culture. This city is home to some of the most significant historical landmarks in the world and should be on every traveler’s bucket list. By following these tips and guidelines, visitors can make the most of their trip to Giza and create unforgettable memories.
How to spend your time as a tourist in GizaGiza is one of the most famous and iconic destinations in Egypt, and it is best known for its ancient pyramids and the Sphinx. This guide will provide you with a comprehensive list of the best things to do and places to visit in Giza.
1. Visit the Great Pyramids of GizaThe Great Pyramids of Giza are undoubtedly the most prominent tourist attraction in Giza. They are one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is highly recommended that you get a professional guide to accompany you during your visit. The guide will provide you with valuable insights into the history, culture, and architecture of the pyramids.
2. Explore the SphinxThe Great Sphinx of Giza is another famous landmark that is worth the visit. It is located just next to the pyramids and is considered one of the oldest and largest monolithic statues in the world. A good guide will tell you about the myths and legends surrounding the Sphinx and will take you back to ancient times.
3. Watch the Sound and Light ShowOne of the best ways to experience the pyramids is by attending the Sound and Light Show. The show takes place in the evening and is a fantastic way to see the pyramids illuminated by colored lights while stories about their history are narrated in different languages.
4. Visit the Solar Boat MuseumThe Solar Boat Museum is a fascinating museum located near the Great Pyramid. It houses the reconstructed boat from the funeral barge of King Khufu. It is believed that the boat was built to transport him into the afterlife. The museum has a collection of artifacts and statues that provide insights into ancient Egyptian culture.
5. See the Mummies at the Egyptian MuseumThe Egyptian Museum in Cairo is located just a few kilometers from Giza. It is home to some of the most significant collections of ancient artifacts and antiques, including mummies and hieroglyphics. The museum also contains archaeological finds from Tutankhamun’s tomb, which was discovered in 1922.
6. Have fun at Dream ParkIf you’re looking for a fun time with the family, Dream Park offers a fantastic range of attractions and rides to suit all ages. The amusement park is one of the largest and most popular in Africa and offers a range of exciting activities, including roller coasters, water rides, and a 5D cinema.
7. Visit the Agricultural MuseumSituated within the premises of the Agricultural Museum, Giza zoo offers a captivating mix of exotic plants and rare animal species. The museum houses several old tools and utensils that throw lights on the agriculture in Egypt from ancient to modern times.
8. Shop at the Khan El Khalili bazaarThe Khan El Khalili bazaar is a grand old marketplace that has been in business for centuries. Here, you can find some of the best souvenirs, including traditional Egyptian costumes, antiques, handicrafts, rugs, and jewelry. It’s a great place to get a taste of everyday Egyptian life and mingle with the locals.
Book Your Tour NowWhether you’re a history buff, an adventure seeker, or a family looking for a fun day out, Giza has it all. From visiting the Great Pyramids and Sphinx to watching the Sound and Light Show, there is something for everyone. The above list should give you a good starting point to plan your trip to Giza. Don’t forget to take a lot of photos, and enjoy your stay in this iconic destination!
Table of Contents