How to Plan Your Half Day Tour to Giza Pyramids Memphis and Dahshur in CairoEgypt is home to some of the most amazing ancient structures in the world, and they can be found in places like Giza Pyramids, Memphis City and Dahshur. If you find yourself in Cairo and interested in exploring these ancient attractions, then you should consider booking a half-day tour that will take you through these locations. A hassle-free tour is available for you to book, offering pickup services from your hotel or preferred location and transportation around the ancient sites. Here is how to plan your half-day tour to Giza Pyramids Memphis and Dahshur in Cairo.
OverviewThe half-day tour to Giza Pyramids Memphis and Dahshur promises to be an action-packed and hassle-free tour that encompasses some of Egypt’s top sights. The trip includes a qualified Egyptologist guide, private our, hotel pick-up, and drop-off in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle, and a tasty lunch spread. You will skip the hassle of planning your own trip, arrangement for transportation is included, so all you have to do is focus on taking in the sights. The trip is perfect for first-timers looking to cover all of the most iconic attractions in a short visit.
What’s IncludedThe following is included in the half-day tour to Giza Pyramids Memphis and Dahshur:
- A qualified Egyptologist guide to take you through the trip
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- Private tour in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Any optional tours
- Personal items
What to ExpectThe tour to Giza Pyramids, Memphis and Dahshur will take half a day. It starts with hotel or meeting point pick-up by the Egyptologist guide, who will brief you on the tour itinerary on the way to the first destination. The tour includes a visit to the famous Giza Pyramids, considered as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. At Giza Pyramids, you will take a walk around the ancient tombs, learn about the history and culture of ancient Egypt, and take photos with the majestic structures in the background. From the Giza Pyramids, the tour will take you to Memphis City, the former capital of ancient Egypt. You will walk through the city, visit the open-air museum, and see some of the remaining artifacts of the ancient city. The final destination of the trip is Dahshur, home to some of the most beautiful pyramids in Egypt. The location is also the ancient necropolis of Memphis and is renowned for its bent pyramid, one of the earliest examples of the pyramid’s evolution in ancient Egypt.
Meeting and PickupPickup for the trip is flexible and can be arranged to meet your preferred location. The tour company offers a selection of meeting points to choose from when booking, so you can head directly to your preferred location for pickup. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can arrange for pickup service available from your hotel. With a private tour, you can have the pickup service operate according to your timeframe and schedule.
Booking the TourBooking the tour is simple and straightforward. All you have to do is visit the Viator.com website and select the tour’s date that suits your traveling schedule, then make payment online. When your payment is confirmed, a tour voucher will be sent to your email address with all the necessary tour details. Book the tour here!
Book Your Tour NowA half-day tour to Giza Pyramids Memphis and Dahshur offers the best opportunity to explore some of the most iconic attractions in Egypt in a short space of time. The tour is hassle-free, and all you have to do is show up and enjoy the trip. If you find yourself in Cairo and looking for a fun and exciting way to explore ancient Egypt, then book the half-day tour to Giza Pyramids, Memphis City and Dahshur today.
Frequently Asked Questions About CairoCairo is the capital city of Egypt and a bustling metropolis that is rich in history and culture. Visitors come from all over the world to explore the city’s many landmarks, museums, and other attractions. If you are planning a trip to Cairo, here are some frequently asked questions that can help you make the most of your visit.
1. What are some of the top attractions in Cairo?Cairo is filled with amazing attractions that any first-time visitor would enjoy. Some of the most popular landmarks include:
The Pyramids of GizaThe Pyramids of Giza are one of the most impressive ancient wonders of the world, and they are a must-see attraction when visiting Cairo. The pyramids were built over 4,000 years ago, and they still stand tall today, making them an incredible feat of engineering and a testament to the abilities of the ancient Egyptians.
The Egyptian MuseumThe Egyptian Museum is home to an incredible collection of ancient artifacts, including the treasures of Tutankhamun. Here, you can see statues, jewelry, and other objects that give insight into the daily lives, beliefs, and practices of ancient Egyptians.
Islamic CairoIslamic Cairo is home to some of the city’s most beautiful historic buildings and mosques, including the Al-Azhar Mosque and the Citadel of Saladin. Visitors can explore the narrow streets and alleys of this ancient district and take in the sights, sounds, and smells of this vibrant part of the city.
2. What is the best time to visit Cairo?The best time to visit Cairo is between October and April, when the weather is cool and dry. Summers in Cairo can be scorching, with temperatures often soaring into the triple digits. However, the city is still worth visiting year-round, and many attractions are open year-round as well.
3. What should I wear when visiting Cairo?Cairo is a conservative city, and visitors should dress modestly to show respect for local customs and traditions. Women should cover their shoulders and wear skirts or trousers that reach the knee. Men should also avoid wearing shorts or tank tops. Comfortable shoes are a must, as you will likely be doing a lot of walking.
4. What is the currency used in Cairo, and how do I exchange money?The currency used in Cairo is the Egyptian pound (EGP). USD and Euros are also widely accepted, especially at tourist destinations. Exchanging money is easy, and there are many exchange offices and ATMs throughout the city.
5. Is it safe to visit Cairo?Cairo is generally a safe city, but there are some precautions that visitors should take to stay safe. Pickpocketing and theft are common in crowded areas, so it’s best to keep valuables hidden and avoid carrying large sums of cash. Visitors should also be aware of the risk of terrorism and take extra caution when visiting public places.
6. What is the best way to get around Cairo?Cairo is a sprawling city with heavy traffic, so getting around can be a challenge. Taxis and ride-sharing services are available and can be a convenient way to get around. Visitors can also take the Metro, which is affordable and efficient, or explore the city on foot if they are up for the challenge.
7. What local food should I try while in Cairo?Cairo is known for its delicious street food and traditional dishes, including:
KoshariKoshari is a popular street food made from rice, lentils, and pasta topped with fried onions and chili sauce. It’s a filling and satisfying meal that is enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
Ta’amiyaTa’amiya, also known as falafel, is a deep-fried ball of mashed fava beans or chickpeas served with salad and pita bread. It’s a tasty and healthy vegetarian option that is widely available throughout the city.
ShawarmaShawarma is a popular Middle Eastern dish made with grilled meat that is shaved off a rotating spit and served in a pita bread. It’s a fast and delicious meal that is perfect for a quick bite on the go.
Book Your Tour Now:Cairo is a vibrant and exciting city that is filled with amazing attractions, delicious food, and friendly locals. By knowing the answers to these frequently asked questions, visitors can plan their trip with confidence and enjoy all that Cairo has to offer. Whether you are interested in history, culture, art, or food, you are sure to find something that will captivate your senses in this incredible city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in CairoCairo, the capital city of Egypt, is known for its rich culture, history, and architecture. From iconic landmarks such as the pyramids and the Sphinx to bustling markets and museums, there is no shortage of things to do in Cairo. In this guide, we’ll outline some of the best ways to spend your time as a tourist in Cairo.
1. Visit the Pyramids of GizaA visit to Cairo wouldn’t be complete without seeing the Pyramids of Giza, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. You can explore the pyramids on your own or with a guide. It’s recommended to hire a guide as they can provide you with valuable information and stories about the history of the pyramids. You can also take a camel ride around the pyramids for a unique experience.
2. Stroll through Khan El-Khalili MarketKhan El-Khalili market is a historic bazaar and souk filled with shops, stalls, and vendors selling a variety of items such as jewelry, spices, textiles, and more. The market is a great place to experience the local culture and food. Make sure to negotiate the price with vendors as bargaining is a common practice in Egypt.
3. Explore the Egyptian MuseumThe Egyptian Museum in Cairo is home to the world’s largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts. You can see famous exhibits such as the golden mask of Tutankhamun and the mummy room. It’s recommended to hire a guide to fully appreciate the museum’s exhibits and history.
4. Visit the Citadel of SaladinThe Citadel of Saladin, also known as the Citadel of Cairo, is a medieval Islamic fortification that offers panoramic views of Cairo. You can explore the citadel’s many mosques, museums, and gardens. Make sure to check out the Mohammed Ali Mosque, which was built in the 1800s and is one of the most famous landmarks in Cairo.
5. Take a Nile River CruiseA Nile River Cruise is a great way to see Cairo’s landmarks from a different perspective. You can take a short cruise or a multi-day trip that includes stops at different sites along the Nile River. Make sure to book in advance and research the different companies to find the best option for your budget.
6. Visit the Coptic CairoCoptic Cairo is the old Christian quarter of Cairo, home to various churches and ancient ruins. You can visit the Hanging Church, one of the oldest churches in Egypt, and the Church of St. George, where you can see the remains of Roman fortifications.
7. Explore Islamic CairoIslamic Cairo is another historic neighborhood in Cairo that’s worth visiting. You can explore mosques, museums, medieval buildings, and more. Make sure to visit the Al-Azhar Mosque, one of the oldest mosques in Cairo, and the Al-Muizz Street, which is the heart of Islamic Cairo.
8. Try Egyptian CuisineEgyptian cuisine is a mix of different flavors and ingredients, influenced by its neighboring countries such as Morocco and Lebanon. Make sure to try local dishes such as koshari, fuul, and tahini. You can also try street food such as falafel sandwiches and shawarma.
9. Attend a Sound and Light Show at the PyramidsA sound and light show at the Pyramids is a unique way to experience these ancient structures. The show features narration, music, and light effects that bring the Pyramids to life. Make sure to book in advance as tickets can sell out quickly.
10. Relax at Al-Azhar ParkAl-Azhar Park is a large public park in Cairo with stunning views of the city. The park features gardens, fountains, and restaurants. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors after a long day of sightseeing.
Book Your Tour NowCairo is a fascinating city filled with history, culture, and architecture. Whether you’re interested in ancient ruins, local cuisine, or vibrant markets, there’s something for everyone in Cairo. Make sure to plan your itinerary in advance and book tours or tickets beforehand to make the most of your time in this incredible city.
Table of Contents