How to Plan Your Aswan Botanical Garden TourAswan, a gorgeous city in Egypt, is filled with unique attractions, including the Aswan Botanical Garden, which is a wonderful place that visitors can explore. Established on the Kitchener Island, it is a beautiful garden that is home to various exotic plant species, and tourists can marvel at the flora while experiencing the tranquility of the place. If you are planning to visit Aswan and would want to include the Aswan Botanical Garden in your itinerary, here is how to plan your tour:
What’s Included?The Aswan Botanical Garden tour is a private tour that accompanies a private air-conditioned car ride to the location. You will be accompanied by a Qualified Egyptologist Tour-Guide who has the expertise and experience, allowing you to get the most out of your tour. The tour starts with hotel or port pickup, which provides a convenient way to begin the journey for most tourists. However, the tour doesn’t include food and drinks, any extra tours, or tipping, but your tour guide will always be happy to provide suggestions for any places you can try.
Meeting and PickupYou have the luxury of selecting your preferred pickup point when making your booking. The pickup details will be shared with you through the official tour confirmation. The best part is that the travel company does pick up all travelers in the Aswan City, providing you with a lot of flexibility while planning your tour.
What to ExpectThe tour of the Aswan Botanical Garden is a pass-by tour which takes you to one of the most notable botanical gardens in the world. The garden showcases a vast collection of plant species that will impress any nature enthusiast. The Aswan Botanical Garden is spread over 6.8 hectares and has numerous types of trees, plants, and flowers, with many species not found anywhere else in the world. You can expect to see a wide variety of species like Acacias, Palm trees, and a diverse range of aquatic plants. The tour guide will also provide you with insights into the history of the botanical garden and the significance it holds for nature lovers.
Cancellation PolicyThe tour provider provides its customers with the flexibility to cancel the tour if any unforeseen emergencies arise at any time. If you cancel the experience 24 hours before the tour’s start time, you will receive a full refund. However, cancellations made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
Book Your Tour NowVisiting the Aswan Botanical Garden is an excellent opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse yourself in the incredible beauty and tranquility of nature. By planning your tour with the help of this guide, you can fully enjoy the natural wonders on Kitchener Island while comfortably cruising around in a private air-conditioned car. So, book the tour today to experience the stunning beauty of the Aswan Botanical Garden firsthand. Book your tour here!
Frequently Asked Questions about AswanAswan is a beautiful city located in the south of Egypt. It is considered one of the most visited touristic destinations in the country. In this article, we will cover the most frequently asked questions about Aswan to help you plan your trip to this magnificent city.
1. What is Aswan famous for?Aswan is famous for its beautiful Nile river, amazing weather, and stunning natural scenery. It is also known for its vibrant Nubian culture, ancient temples, and beautiful landmarks such as the High Dam and Philae Temple.
2. What is the best time to visit Aswan?Aswan’s weather is sunny and hot all year round. However, the best time to visit Aswan is during the winter season, from November to March, when the weather is milder and more comfortable for outdoor activities.
3. What are the top attractions to visit in Aswan?Aswan offers a variety of attractions for visitors to see and experience. Here are the top attractions to visit in Aswan:
a. The Philae TempleThe Philae Temple is an ancient temple that was built to honor the goddess Isis. Visitors can explore the temple’s intricate carvings, columns, and hieroglyphics, as well as witness the temple’s famous Sound and Light Show.
b. The High DamThe High Dam is an engineering marvel that was constructed in the 1960s to control the Nile’s flooding and generate electricity for Egypt. Visitors can take a tour of the dam and learn about its history and significance.
c. Unfinished ObeliskThe Unfinished Obelisk is an ancient monument that was discovered in the granite quarries of Aswan. It is considered one of the most important archaeological finds in Egypt.
d. Abu Simbel TemplesAbu Simbel is a UNESCO World Heritage site that houses two ancient temples – the Great Temple of Ramses II and the Temple of Hathor. The temples feature intricate carvings, colorful frescoes, and impressive statues.
4. What are the best activities to do in Aswan?There are plenty of activities to do in Aswan, such as:
a. Take a Nile river cruiseExperience the beauty of the Nile with a leisurely cruise along the river. You can enjoy panoramic views of the city while relaxing on a beautiful boat.
b. Visit the Nubian VillageTake a trip to the Nubian Village and learn about the Nubian culture and lifestyle. You can enjoy traditional Nubian music, dance, and food.
c. Visit the Aswan Botanical GardensThe Aswan Botanical Gardens are a beautiful oasis filled with exotic plants, trees, and flowers. You can enjoy a peaceful stroll through the gardens and take in the breathtaking scenery.
d. Explore the SoukThe souk is a vibrant market where you can find a variety of traditional goods, such as spices, fabrics, and souvenirs. It’s the perfect place to get a taste of Aswan’s unique culture and history.
5. How do I get to Aswan?Aswan is easily accessible by air or train. Aswan International Airport offers daily flights from Cairo and other major cities in Egypt. You can also take a train from Cairo, Luxor, or other cities in Egypt.
6. What is the currency used in Aswan?The currency used in Aswan is the Egyptian pound (EGP).
7. What is the language spoken in Aswan?The official language in Aswan is Arabic, but many locals also speak English.
8. What is the food like in Aswan?The food in Aswan is flavorful and diverse. It features a variety of spices and ingredients unique to the Nubian culture. Some popular dishes include ful medames, koshari, and molokhia.
9. What is the dress code in Aswan?Aswan is a conservative city, and visitors are advised to dress modestly, especially when visiting temples or religious sites. Women should cover their arms and legs, and men should avoid wearing shorts.
10. Is Aswan safe for tourists?Aswan is generally considered a safe city for tourists. However, visitors are advised to take normal safety precautions, such as being aware of their surroundings and avoiding walking alone at night.
Book Your Tour NowAswan is a beautiful city with a rich history and vibrant culture. It offers a variety of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy, as well as delicious food and stunning natural scenery. We hope that this FAQ has helped you plan your trip to Aswan and given you a taste of what this amazing city has to offer.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in AswanAswan is a stunning town in Egypt that is famous for its picturesque Nile River and sandstone cliffs. The beautiful sites offer tourists a unique experience and make Aswan one of the most beautiful cities in Egypt. If you plan to visit Aswan on your next vacation, we’ve got you covered! This guide provides you with everything you need to know about how to spend your time as a tourist in Aswan.
1. Visit the Philae TempleThe Philae Temple is remarkable in its beauty and history. It was built to honor the goddess Isis and is located on an island in the Nile River. Visitors can take a boat to reach the temple which allows them to view picturesque scenery along the way. When you reach the temple, you will see beautiful pillars, hieroglyphics, and carvings in the stone. We recommend hiring a tour guide that can take you through the temple and explain its fascinating history.
2. Explore the Nubian VillageThe Nubian Village is located on the banks of the Nile River and is one of the most beautiful places to explore in Aswan. The village is known for its colorful houses and friendly locals who are always welcoming to tourists. You can take a boat ride to reach the village and enjoy its scenery. Visitors can also interact with the locals, try traditional Nubian food, purchase handmade crafts, and even watch traditional Nubian dance performances.
3. Take a Felucca Ride on the Nile RiverTaking a felucca ride on the Nile River is something every tourist should experience while visiting Aswan. These sailboats are beautifully crafted and can take visitors down the Nile River to explore its beauty. The ride typically lasts for an hour, and visitors can witness amazing views of Aswan from the boat. We recommend taking the ride during sunset for the perfect view of the city.
4. Visit the Unfinished ObeliskThe Unfinished Obelisk is located in a granite quarry and is a must-see attraction for tourists visiting Aswan. The obelisk was meant to stand at 120 feet and weigh around 1168 tons. Unfortunately, it was never completed due to cracks that appeared in the stone. Visitors can take a guided tour of the quarry and learn about the history of the obelisk’s creation.
5. Visit the High Dam of AswanThe High Dam of Aswan is a wonder of modern engineering and technology. It was built to control the flow of the Nile River and to produce hydroelectric power. Visitors can take a tour of the dam and explore its stunning architecture. While visiting the dam, we also recommend visiting the museum located on its premises. The museum showcases the history of the dam’s construction and its impact on the local people.
6. Visit the Aswan Botanical GardenThe Aswan Botanical Garden is located on Kitchener’s Island, also known as the Island of Plants. It is a beautiful garden that visitors can explore to witness some of the unique plant species in Egypt. The garden features exotic trees such as palm and acacia species of African and Asian origin. There are also many lovely walking paths and benches under shady trees for visitors to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
7. Take a Walk-Through Aswan SoukAswan Souk is a traditional market located near the main square of the city, and it is a great place for visitors to explore during their trip. The market is full of local products, including jewelry, spices, clothes, and souvenirs. Visitors can practice their bargaining skills and negotiate the prices before making a purchase in the market.
Book Your Tour NowAswan is one of the most beautiful cities in Egypt with a rich history and fascinating culture. Visitors can explore stunning temples, wander through local markets, sail on the Nile River and learn about the city’s modern engineering marvels. This guide has provided you with top must-see attractions that you should consider when touring Aswan. Whether you’re an adventurer or looking to kick back and relax, Aswan has something for everyone.
Table of Contents