Welcome to the lively city of Windhoek, where the nightlife never disappoints! Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned local, there’s always something new to discover on the pub crawl scene. With so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide which pubs to hit up on a night out. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this post, we’ll be highlighting some of the best pub crawls Windhoek has to offer. From classic watering holes to trendy hangouts, there’s something for everyone on this list. So grab your friends and get ready to experience the best of Windhoek’s nightlife!
The 1 Best Windhoek Pub Crawls
The 1 Best Windhoek Pub Crawls
1. Knight Vibes: Bars, Shebeen, Clubs Crawl Windhoek
Experience the night scene in Windhoek like a local on this Knight Vibes bar crawl. This tour takes you to some of the best spots in the city to enjoy a drink, dance, and mingle with the locals. The tour starts at Cramer’s Ice Cream shop in Independence Avenue and from there, you’ll visit a variety of venues including shebeens and clubs. Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity to try some local barbecued beef, known as Kapana, with onions and tomato salsa. The tour includes all fees and taxes, alcoholic beverages, and dinner. Pickup at your home or accommodation is available for an additional fee of N$80. This tour is wheelchair accessible and can accommodate most travelers. The tour ends back at the meeting point. Confirmation will be received at the time of booking and you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. Come join us and experience the vibrant nightlife of Windhoek!
Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists About WindhoekWindhoek is the capital city of Namibia, and it’s a beautiful place to visit. It has a rich culture and history that attracts tourists from all over the world. However, many tourists may have questions about the city before they plan their trip. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most commonly asked questions about Windhoek.
1. What is the best time to visit Windhoek?
The best time to visit Windhoek is during the winter season from May to September. During this time, the weather is mild, and there are fewer mosquitos and other insects. The dry season also makes it easy to spot wildlife, which is abundant in Windhoek.
2. What is the currency used in Windhoek?
The currency used in Windhoek is the Namibian dollar, abbreviated as NAD. It’s important to note that the South African Rand is also accepted as currency in Namibia.
3. Do I need a visa to visit Windhoek?
It depends on your country of origin. Citizens from certain countries, such as South Africa and the USA, do not need a visa for stays up to 90 days. However, it’s always recommended to check the latest visa requirements before you plan your trip.
4. What languages are spoken in Windhoek?
The official language of Namibia is English, but there are several other languages spoken in Windhoek, including Afrikaans, German, Oshiwambo, and Herero.
5. What are some popular tourist attractions in Windhoek?
There are several popular tourist attractions in Windhoek, such as:
- The Parliament Gardens
- The Heroes’ Acre
- The National Museum of Namibia
- The Christuskirche
- The National Botanic Garden of Namibia
6. What are some traditional Namibian dishes to try in Windhoek?
Some traditional Namibian dishes to try in Windhoek include oshifima, a maize porridge, and kapana, a type of grilled meat. Another popular dish is mopane worms, which are dried caterpillars that are fried or eaten raw.
7. What is the dress code in Windhoek?
The dress code in Windhoek is generally casual, but it’s important to dress appropriately when visiting religious or cultural sites. Additionally, it’s recommended to dress modestly when visiting rural areas or villages.
8. Is it safe to travel to Windhoek?
Windhoek is generally a safe city to visit, but as with any place, it’s important to stay vigilant and take precautions against theft and other crimes. It’s recommended to keep your valuables safe and avoid walking alone at night.
9. What is the transportation system like in Windhoek?
Windhoek has a reliable transportation system that includes taxis, buses, and trains. Taxis are the most convenient mode of transportation within the city, while buses and trains are best for traveling between destinations. It’s recommended to use licensed taxis and avoid unmarked taxis.
10. What is the climate like in Windhoek?
Windhoek has a semi-arid climate with hot summers and mild winters. The hottest months are from November to February, with temperatures reaching up to 40 degrees Celsius. The coldest months are from June to August, with temperatures dropping to around 8 degrees Celsius at night.In conclusion, Windhoek is a wonderful city to visit, with something for everyone. From its rich culture and history to its beautiful natural landscapes, there is no shortage of things to see and do. By answering these frequently asked questions, we hope to have provided you with some valuable information to help you plan your trip to Windhoek.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in WindhoekWindhoek, the capital of Namibia, is a vibrant city that offers a unique blend of modern and traditional African culture. With an impressive range of activities and sights, it can be challenging to decide how to spend your time as a tourist in Windhoek. In this guide, we have compiled a list of top-rated attractions and things to do that will help make your stay in Windhoek unforgettable. Let’s get started!
1. Visit the National Museum of NamibiaIf you’re a history buff or want to learn more about Namibian culture, visiting the National Museum of Namibia should be your top priority. The museum boasts an impressive collection that showcases the country’s rich cultural and natural heritage. From fossils to traditional clothing, the museum has it all.
How to get thereThe National Museum of Namibia is located in the central business district of Windhoek and is easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transportation. If you’re driving, you can use GPS coordinates -22.569298, 17.077117 to find the museum.
Admission feesThe museum charges a reasonable entrance fee of N$30 per adult and N$15 per child. Once you’re inside, you’ll be amazed at the vast collection of artifacts and exhibitions that cover Namibian history from pre-colonial times to the present.
2. Explore the NamibRand Nature ReserveNamibRand Nature Reserve is located in the southern part of Namibia, just outside Windhoek. The reserve covers over 200,000 hectares and features an array of diverse natural habitats, from red sand dunes to vast grasslands.
How to get thereTo visit the reserve, you’ll need to book a guided tour with one of the many tour operators based in Windhoek. Alternatively, you can rent a car and drive to the reserve. The journey takes approximately four hours.
Things to doThere are plenty of activities to do in NamibRand Nature Reserve. You can take a guided nature walk, go on a scenic hot-air balloon ride, or spot wildlife from one of the many lookout points. If you’re an adventure seeker, you can try your hand at sandboarding or quad biking along the dunes.
3. Enjoy the Craft Beer SceneWindhoek has a thriving craft beer scene, with many microbreweries and taprooms scattered throughout the city. Visiting one or more of these establishments should be on your list of things to do in Windhoek.
Top breweries / taproomsSome of the top-rated breweries/taprooms in Windhoek include:- Slowtown Coffee Roasters & Craft Beer Bar
– Craft Cafe
– The Warehouse Theatre
– Brauhaus am Damm
What to expectMost breweries and taprooms have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, making them a great place to hang out and meet new people. You can expect to find a wide selection of craft beers, including seasonal brews and one-off releases. Some establishments also serve food, so you can enjoy a bite to eat while sampling their beers.
4. Take a City TourTaking a city tour is an excellent way to see Windhoek’s main attractions, learn more about the city’s history, and get your bearings. There are various guided tours, including walking tours, bus tours, and cycling tours.
Popular toursSome of the popular tours include:- Hop-On Hop-Off Windhoek City Tour
– Windhoek Highlights Bicycle Tour
– Windhoek Township Tour
What to expectCity tours typically last between two to three hours and cover Windhoek’s top attractions, such as the Christuskirche, Tintenpalast, and the Heroes’ Acre. Your guide will provide you with insightful commentary, fun trivia, and answer any questions you may have about the city.
5. Shop at the Craft MarketsWindhoek has several craft markets where you can find unique souvenirs, clothing, jewelry, and handmade crafts. Shopping at these markets is not only a great way to support local businesses but also an opportunity to learn more about Namibian culture.
Top marketsSome of the top markets to visit include:- Oshetu Community Market
– Windhoek Street Market
– Post Street Mall
TipsWhen shopping at craft markets, be sure to bargain and haggle with vendors to get the best deal. Also, keep an eye out for fake goods and be cautious of pickpockets.
Book Your Tour NowThere are countless ways to spend your time as a tourist in Windhoek – from exploring its natural wonders to learning about its rich history and culture. This guide has provided just a few suggestions to help you plan your itinerary. Whatever you decide to do, Windhoek is sure to leave a lasting impression on you.
Table of Contents