Welcome to Hilo, a beautiful place located on the Big Island of Hawaii. Hilo is well-known for its stunning natural beauty, friendly people, and exciting attractions. If you’re planning a trip to Hilo, then you’re in for a treat. In this post, we’ll guide you through the best attractions and things to do in Hilo. You’ll discover everything from waterfalls and botanical gardens to shopping and dining experiences. So, whether you’re a nature lover, a history buff, or just looking for some fun, there’s something for everyone in Hilo. Let’s dive in and explore the best of Hilo together!
The 2 Best Top Things In Hilo
The 2 Best Top Things In Hilo
1. Hawaiis Volcanoes National Park
Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park is a must-see attraction on the Big Island. However, traveling to the park from the Hilo port can be time-consuming. With this driving tour, you’ll save time with port pickup and head straight to the park’s highlights, including the steam vents and Kilauea Caldera overlook, leaving you with enough time to visit the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens, Hilo Coffee Mill, and Mauna Loa macadamia farm. This stress-free transportation to Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park from Hilo takes you to numerous top sights in just a few hours by coach. You can admire the colorful blooms at the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens, tour the Hilo Coffee Mill and Mauna Loa macadamia farm, and see other attractions like Liliuokalani Gardens and Rainbow Falls. This package includes all applicable fees and taxes. The tour starts at 8:00 AM. Confirmation of your pickup time is also provided.
2. Volcanoes National Park Adventure Tour from Hilo
This adventure tour takes you on a thrilling journey through Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, home to the planet’s largest active volcano and ever-flowing lava. On this tour, you will explore the top natural landmarks in and around the park and get the opportunity to walk through a lava tube.
Apart from visiting the national park, you will also explore Hilo’s top sites, including Richardson black sand beach, Historic Banyan Drive, Liliuokalani Gardens, Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory, and Akatsuka Orchid Nursery. Complimentary snacks and bottled water will be available throughout the tour.
The tour includes pickup and drop-off from Hilo Port or Hilo Harbor, with lunch being the only un-hosted stop of the tour. Gratuities are recommended.
Begin your adventure by visiting Rainbow Falls, a stunning waterfall located just a short drive from Hilo. Spend 30 minutes admiring its natural beauty before moving on to the next exciting stop on your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions About HiloHilo, located on the eastern side of the Big Island of Hawaii, is a destination that attracts tourists from all over the world. With its lush rainforests, stunning waterfalls, and black sand beaches, Hilo has something for everyone. If you are planning a trip to Hilo, here are some frequently asked questions that might help you plan your trip better.
1. What is the best time to visit Hilo?The best time to visit Hilo is between March and May, and from September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and crowds are minimal. If you’re looking to avoid the crowds and enjoy Hilo’s natural beauty, these are the best times to visit. However, keep in mind that the weather in Hilo is unpredictable, and you should be prepared for rain or shine.
2. What are some of the top attractions in Hilo?Hilo has plenty of attractions that are worth visiting. Here are some of the top attractions:
- Akaka Falls State Park: This park boasts a 442-foot waterfall that is breathtaking to behold.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: This park features two active volcanoes, steam vents, and lava fields that make it a unique destination.
- Liliuokalani Gardens: This serene, Japanese-inspired garden is perfect for a peaceful stroll.
- Mauna Kea: A dormant volcano that promises the best stargazing ever.
- Panaʻewa Rainforest Zoo and Gardens: This zoo is home to over 80 animal species, including exotic birds, primates, and reptiles.
3. What are some of the best beaches in Hilo?Hilo is home to some gorgeous beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing. Here are some of the best beaches in Hilo:
- Richardson Beach Park: This beach has black sand, a great spot for snorkeling, turtles and picnic areas.
- Onekahakaha Beach Park: Shallow waters and tidepools with a picnic area make this beach very popular among families.
- Carlsmith Beach Park: This beach has a natural pond that is ideal for swimming.