Welcome to Long Beach, California! This vibrant coastal city has plenty to offer visitors with a wide range of interests. From the spectacular waterfront to cultural landmarks and thrilling activities, Long Beach has something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a weekend getaway or a longer vacation, you will find plenty of attractions and things to do in Long Beach. In this post, we will explore some of the best things to do and must-see attractions in this charming city. So, let’s dive in and discover the best of Long Beach!
The 2 Best Things To Do In Long Beach
The 2 Best Things To Do In Long Beach
1. Small Group Tour of Los Angeles from Long Beach and San Pedro
Discover the wonders of Los Angeles on this small group tour from Long Beach and San Pedro. Accompanied by an experienced local guide, you’ll get to see some of the most iconic and legendary landmarks that the city has to offer. Capture stunning photos of the Hollywood sign and explore the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Visit the TCL Chinese Theatre and the theater for Jimmy Kimmel Live! as well as Downtown LA highlights such as the Los Angeles Coliseum and the world’s shortest railway. Additionally, enjoy tours of ritzy Beverly Hills and the laid-back coastal areas of Santa Monica and Venice Beach. With a maximum group size of only 14 people, this tour provides an intimate and personalized experience. Hotel pickup and drop-off, transportation in an air-conditioned van, and gratuities are all included, making this a hassle-free way to explore LA. Book your tour today and let us take you on an unforgettable journey through the City of Angels!
2. Los Angeles Ports of Call Tours
Travelers arriving in Los Angeles by cruise can make the most of their first day in the city with a full-day sightseeing tour to see the top attractions around town with Los Angeles Ports of Call Tours. This guided Los Angeles sightseeing tour includes free time to explore and offers cruise terminal pickup and drop-off at your ship, hotel or airport. See the iconic Hollywood Sign, Griffith Observatory, and the city’s diverse neighborhoods including Venice Beach, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills. Snap a souvenir photo of the Hollywood Walk of Fame and enjoy flexible drop-off in Santa Monica, San Pedro or Long Beach. Local taxes are included in the price, as well as lunch and admission ticket to any museum. The tour starts at 09:00 AM and lasts throughout the day. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore Los Angeles’ top sights with Los Angeles Ports of Call Tours.
Visiting Long Beach: Answers to the Most Common Tourist QuestionsAs one of the largest cities in California, Long Beach offers visitors a wide array of experiences, from its beautiful waterfront to its bustling downtown area. However, like any new place, visitors to Long Beach may have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about Long Beach.
How do I get around in Long Beach?Long Beach is a sprawling city, so getting around can seem daunting at first. However, there are several options for transportation in Long Beach, including:
- Bus – The Long Beach Transit bus system is affordable and convenient, with routes that cover the entire city.
- Train – The Metro Blue Line train connects Long Beach to downtown Los Angeles and other areas of the city.
- Rideshare – Services like Uber and Lyft are widely available in Long Beach.
- Bike – Long Beach has a bike-friendly culture and many dedicated bike lanes.
What are some of the top attractions in Long Beach?There is no shortage of things to see and do in Long Beach. Here are some of the top attractions:
- The Queen Mary – This historic ocean liner is now a floating hotel and museum.
- The Aquarium of the Pacific – This large aquarium features exhibits on marine life from around the world.
- The Long Beach Museum of Art – This museum features works by local artists and rotating exhibits.
- The Pike Outlets – This outdoor shopping area features popular retailers, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Rancho Los Alamitos – This historic ranch dates back to the 18th century and offers a look at life in early California.
What are some of the best beaches in Long Beach?Long Beach is known for its beaches, and there are several great ones to choose from. Here are some of the most popular:
- Belmont Shore Beach – This wide, sandy beach is popular with families and swimmers.
- Alamitos Beach – This long, narrow beach is great for sunbathing and surfing.
- Junipero Beach – This small beach is popular with locals and visitors alike for its calm, clear water.
Where can I find good food in Long Beach?Long Beach is home to a diverse range of cuisines and dining options. Here are some of the best places to eat:
- The Attic – This popular restaurant serves up comfort food with a twist, like their famous mac and cheese waffles.
- Poké Bar – This casual spot serves up fresh, customizable poké bowls.
- Bo-Beau Kitchen + Roof Tap – This French-inspired restaurant offers a variety of small plates and a rooftop patio with great views.
- Fuego – This restaurant inside the Hotel Maya serves up Latin-inspired dishes and cocktails with a view of the water.
What is the weather like in Long Beach?Long Beach enjoys mild, Mediterranean-like weather year-round, with temperatures rarely dipping below 50 degrees Fahrenheit in winter or above 80 degrees Fahrenheit in summer. However, it can be foggy near the coast in the mornings and evenings, so be sure to bring layers if you plan to be out late.
Where can I find the best nightlife in Long Beach?Long Beach has a vibrant nightlife scene, with plenty of bars, clubs, and music venues. Here are some of the best spots:
- The Blind Donkey – This whiskey bar offers a cozy, speakeasy-like atmosphere and live music.
- The Federal Underground – This underground music venue hosts a variety of acts, from local bands to national touring artists.
- The Stache – This retro-themed nightclub offers a dance floor and selection of signature cocktails.
What are some annual events and festivals in Long Beach?Long Beach plays host to several popular events and festivals throughout the year. Here are some of the biggest:
- The Long Beach Grand Prix – This annual car racing event draws over 200,000 spectators each year.
- The Long Beach Pride Festival – This LGBTQ+ celebration features live music, vendors, and a colorful parade through downtown Long Beach.
- The Long Beach Crawfish Festival – This festival offers up Louisiana-style crawfish and other Cajun specialties, along with live music and games.
- The Long Beach International Film Festival – This film festival features a selection of movies from around the world, as well as panel discussions and other events.
What are some good places to shop in Long Beach?Long Beach has several great shopping areas, from outdoor markets to indoor malls. Here are some of the best:
- The Pike Outlets – This outdoor shopping area features popular retailers, restaurants, and entertainment venues, all within walking distance of the water.
- The Long Beach Antique Market – This monthly flea market is a must-visit for vintage and antique lovers.
- The Long Beach Exchange – This new outdoor mall features a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
Is Long Beach a safe place to visit?Like any city, Long Beach has its share of crime and safety concerns. However, with common sense precautions like staying aware of your surroundings and not leaving valuables in your car, visitors to Long Beach should be able to enjoy their trip without incident. It’s always a good idea to research the areas you plan to visit and take any necessary precautions.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Long BeachAs a tourist, Long Beach provides a vibrant and exciting atmosphere to explore. With its beautiful beaches, unique culture, and numerous attractions, Long Beach is a must-visit destination for any traveler. Here are some ideas on how to spend your time in Long Beach.
1. Visit the beach and enjoy the sunYou can’t go to Long Beach without visiting the beach. The city boasts over 7 miles of beautiful beaches with plenty of sunshine year-round. Whether you want to swim, sunbathe, or enjoy water activities like surfing and boating, Long Beach is a perfect destination for you.The most popular beaches in Long Beach are:- Belmont Shore Beach
– Alamitos Bay Beach
– Cabrillo Beach
– Junipero Beach
– Rosie’s Dog Beach
2. Explore the unique culture and history of Long BeachLong Beach has a rich history and unique culture worth exploring. Here are some places that will give you a glimpse into Long Beach’s culture and past:- The Queen Mary: This historic ocean-liner-turned-hotel is a must-visit attraction. Take a guided tour of the ship, dine in one of its renowned restaurants, or watch one of the live performances onboard.
– Long Beach Museum of Art: Located on a bluff overlooking the ocean, the museum features historical and contemporary art exhibits. The location and picturesque views make this museum a must-visit for any art lover.
– Japanese Gardens: Enjoy a peaceful and serene stroll through the 1.3-acre gardens. The gardens feature landscaped ponds, waterfalls, and a tea house.
3. Enjoy family-friendly attractionsLong Beach provides numerous attractions that children and families will enjoy. Here are some ideas for family-friendly activities:- Aquarium of the Pacific: With over 11,000 animals and 100 exhibits, the Aquarium of the Pacific is perfect for families with children of all ages.
– Shoreline Village: Located across from the Aquarium of the Pacific, Shoreline Village is a waterfront shopping and dining destination. It also has activities such as carousel rides, arcades, and live music shows.
– El Dorado Nature Center: This nature center has nature trails and interactive exhibits, perfect for families with children who love nature.
4. Experience Long Beach’s nightlifeLong Beach has a thriving nightlife scene, offering diverse options for entertainment after the sun goes down. Here are some places to visit for a fun evening out:- The Pike Outlets: The historic amusement park has been turned into an outdoor shopping mall with restaurants, arcades, and movie theaters.
– The Blind Donkey: This whiskey bar has a cozy atmosphere and live music. Perfect for a nightcap after an eventful day.
– Harvelle’s Blues Club: A must-visit for blues enthusiasts, this club features live blues music, drinks, and dancing.
5. Attend a Long Beach Event or FestivalLong Beach hosts many events and festivals throughout the year. Here are some events worth attending:- Long Beach Grand Prix: This car race takes over the streets of Long Beach each April. It attracts visitors from all over the world to watch the exciting races.
– Long Beach Bayou Festival: This annual festival brings the spirit of Mardi Gras to Long Beach. The festival features live music, Cajun food, and dancing.
– Long Beach Dragon Boat Festival: Hosted each July, the Festival celebrates Asian culture and features boat races, traditional dance performances, and a variety of food.
Book Your Tour NowLong Beach is a wonderful place to visit and provides a diverse range of activities and attractions for tourists. Whether you are looking to relax on the beach, explore Long Beach’s unique culture and history, or enjoy the nightlife, Long Beach has something for everyone. With proper planning and research, you can make your trip to Long Beach a memorable experience.
Table of Contents