Victoria, the capital city of British Columbia, Canada, is a charming and vibrant destination with an abundance of things to see and do. From the picturesque Inner Harbour to the stunning natural beauty of nearby attractions like Butchart Gardens and the Juan de Fuca Trail, there is no shortage of amazing experiences to be had here. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or an outdoor enthusiast, this city has something for everyone. In this blog post, we’ll highlight some of the best attractions and things to do in Victoria to help you plan your dream trip to this stunning Canadian city.
The 5 Best Things You Must Do In Victoria
- Melbourne City Scenic Helicopter Ride
- 2 Hour Luxury City Tour of Victoria
- Melbourne City Beaches and Coastal Helicopter Tour
- 1 Hour Luxury City Tour of Victoria
- Hop on Half Day Sightseeing Victoria
The 5 Best Things You Must Do In Victoria
1. Melbourne City Scenic Helicopter Ride
Looking for an exhilarating way to see the best of Melbourne’s landmarks? Take to the skies and book a private helicopter for a 20-minute scenic flight with a professional pilot. A private tour means you’ll have a personalised experience to see the city’s top attractions such as the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, Docklands, St. Kilda, and the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground from the best vantage point. With Bose noise-cancelling headsets provided to enhance your experience, sit back, relax, and capture photos of the city’s skyline. After the flight, you’ll have the opportunity for a quick photo shoot in front of your helicopter to complete your tour. If that’s not enough, you can even upgrade to include a live stream and/or an in-flight recording. The meeting point is located at Rotor One – Melbourne Helicopter Rides, Hangar 7 Wirraway Rd Essendon Fields VIC 3041 Australia. Simply look for the red door with “Melbourne Heli” when you arrive. Don’t miss out on this unique way to tour Melbourne’s must-see attractions!
2. 2 Hour Luxury City Tour of Victoria
Explore the best parts of Victoria in just two hours with our luxury city tour. This guided tour will take you to top spots like Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, and Beacon Hill Park. You’ll also get to see the stunning Lieutenant Governor’s estate and Oak Bay Village and Marina. We’ve got plenty of photo stops built into the itinerary and only a small amount of walking required. Our fully narrated tour comes with one bottle of water per passenger and umbrellas for any unexpected rain.
Please note that we won’t be going inside Craigdarroch Castle, but stopping by the grounds for a view of the exterior. Entrance fees to any attractions are not required for this tour. We offer pick-up from downtown locations, and port pick-up can be arranged for an additional fee. Get your small group together for this amazing tour of Victoria’s most beautiful attractions.
3. Melbourne City Beaches and Coastal Helicopter Tour
Are you looking for a unique way to explore Melbourne’s top attractions? Join this Melbourne City Beaches and Coastal Helicopter Tour to see the city from a different angle. In this private tour, a professional pilot will take you from the Central Business District (CBD) to the colorful Brighton Beach boxes. Capture aerial photos of St. Kilda, Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), and Flinders Street while enjoying the scenic views of the city. This personalized experience is perfect for a special occasion or just a fun day out. Upgrade your tour to include a live stream and/or an in-flight recording to relive the memories at any time. Don’t forget to take photos in front of the helicopter before returning to the Rotor One – Melbourne Helicopter Rides hangar.
4. 1 Hour Luxury City Tour of Victoria
During your visit to Victoria, British Columbia, make the most of your time with a 1-hour luxury city tour which starts any time between 8am and 8pm. This flexible tour will take you around the city’s top attractions such as the beautiful Beacon Hill Park, the historic Chinatown and the 19th-century Craigdarroch Castle. Enjoy hassle-free round-trip travel from your Victoria hotel and capture stunning pictures of the city with stops throughout your tour. With the help of a professional guide, explore Victoria and discover its Victorian architecture and breathtaking coastal views. Additionally, your tour includes bottled water and gratuities, but not the cruise port passenger pick up fee. Book now and enjoy exploring Victoria’s best attractions with ease!
5. Hop on Half Day Sightseeing Victoria
Discover the best of Victoria on the Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour. This half-day tour takes you to 15 popular attractions around the city, including China Town, Ogden Point, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Craigdarroch Castle. With on-board commentary, learn about the city’s history and culture while enjoying a comprehensive overview. Take advantage of four hours of unlimited access to the bus, allowing you to create your own sightseeing itinerary and explore at your own pace. Hop off at any destination that interests you or sit back and enjoy the ride. The tour operates from March 11th to April 28th with departures on Saturdays and Sundays at 12:00pm, while daily departures every hour from April 29th to June 30th. The tour starts at 01:30 PM and includes castle admission, driver/guide, and a fully narrated tour.
Frequently Asked Questions about VictoriaVictoria is a beautiful city situated on the southern end of world-renowned Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. As the province’s capital, Victoria attracts millions of visitors every year. Some come for the stunning scenery, while others are intrigued by the city’s unique history, culture, and lifestyle. To help newcomers and tourists, we’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions about Victoria.
1. What is the best time of year to visit Victoria?Victoria is a beautiful city to visit year-round, but the best time to visit is from April to October. This is when the weather is usually warmer and drier, and the city is bustling with outdoor activities and events. Summers in Victoria are mild, with temperatures averaging around 20°C (68°F). During the spring and fall, the temperatures are cooler, but the changing colors of the trees make for beautiful scenery.
2. What are some must-see attractions in Victoria?Victoria has plenty of must-see attractions that reflect its unique culture, history, and natural beauty. One of the most famous attractions is the beautiful Butchart Gardens. Visit the beautiful gardens with plenty of flowers and trees that are perfect for pictures. Another must-see attraction for anyone visiting Victoria is the Royal British Columbia Museum. This museum has exhibits on British Columbia history from prehistoric times to the present. Victoria’s Inner Harbour is also another beautiful spot worth visiting, with plenty of shops, restaurants, and beautiful scenery.
3. What are some outdoor activities to do in Victoria?Victoria is well-known for its outdoor activities. Tourists can take a whale-watching tour to see the beautiful British Columbia’s coastlines and whales. Go on a bike tour around the city and visit multiple attractions in one day. Hiking or jogging in the nearby forests or taking a kayak tour are other popular activities one can do. Another good activity is attending a sporting event in Victoria as there are several sports teams in Victoria that play throughout the year.
4. What is the food scene like in Victoria?Victoria has an amazing food scene. From farm-to-table dining to international cuisine, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Some of the popular places to eat in Victoria include The Fish Store, The Guild, and 10 Acres Kitchen. For dessert lovers, Roger’s Chocolates is a must-visit spot.
5. Is Victoria an expensive city to visit?Victoria can be an expensive city to visit, but it all depends on the activities you plan to do and the time of year. The tourist season, between April and October, can be more expensive than other times of the year. Accommodations in the downtown area tend to be more expensive, but there are plenty of other options such as hostels, Airbnbs, and bed and breakfast options. For those looking for ways to save money, several activities are free to the public, such as visiting beaches or hiking trails.
6. Is Victoria easy to navigate?Victoria is a relatively easy city to navigate. Many of its landmarks are situated close to each other, and the city has an efficient public transportation system that includes buses, taxis, and ferries. For those who prefer to walk, most of the areas of interest are within walking distance of each other, particularly in the downtown area of Victoria.
7. What is the thing that makes Victoria unique?Victoria is a unique city in many ways. The combination of its rich British heritage, natural beauty, and vibrant arts scene makes the city a unique experience. One thing that makes Victoria particularly unique is its whale watching tours, as the surrounding waters are home to many different whale species. Visitors also enjoy the city’s British-style buildings, which give the city a timeless feel that makes you feel as if you are walking through a piece of history.In conclusion, Victoria is a beautiful city with many activities to do and things to see. From its unique culture to its beautiful natural scenery, the city offers plenty of fun opportunities for tourists. By using this guide and answering some of the most frequently asked questions about Victoria, tourists can fully enjoy their visit to the beautiful city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in VictoriaIf you’re planning a trip to Victoria, you’re in for a real treat! Victoria, British Columbia’s capital city, offers a variety of experiences, from natural beauty to historical attractions. Here are some ideas to help you make the most of your time as a tourist in Victoria.
1. Visit Butchart Gardens
Butchart Gardens is one of the most well-known and popular attractions in Victoria. This 55-acre garden offers stunning floral displays, walking paths, and water features. The garden is open year-round and you can enjoy different blooming flowers each season. Admission varies based on the time of year, but there are discounted rates available for seniors and children.
2. Explore Victoria’s Historical Sites
Victoria has a rich history that can be seen in its many historical sites. A must-see is the Royal BC Museum, which showcases natural and human history exhibits. Another popular attraction is the Craigdarroch Castle, which is a Victorian-era mansion with beautiful architecture and luxurious furnishings. Plan to spend a few hours in each of these places to fully appreciate the history and beauty.
3. Whale Watching
Another exciting activity to do in Victoria is whale watching. Victoria is one of the best places in the world to see whales in their natural habitat. You can take a whale watching tour to see humpback whales, minke whales or even orcas. There are many whale watching companies to choose from, and the tours typically last around three hours.
4. Take a Trip to Chinatown
Victoria’s Chinatown is the oldest Chinatown in Canada and the second oldest in North America. This area is rich in history and culture, and it’s a great place to experience traditional Chinese architecture and try Chinese food. Make sure you stop by the Gate of Harmonious Interest, which welcomes visitors to Chinatown.
5. Stroll Through Beacon Hill Park
Beacon Hill Park is a great place to relax and enjoy nature. The park has walking trails, picnic areas, and even a petting zoo. Bring a picnic or grab a coffee from a local café and enjoy the beautiful scenery. You may even spot peacocks walking around the park.
6. Visit the Inner Harbour
The Inner Harbour is the heart of Victoria and is surrounded by restaurants, cafes, and shops. Take a leisurely walk along the harbour and watch the boats and seaplanes come and go. Be sure to visit the Empress Hotel, a historic hotel that has been a BC landmark since 1908.
7. Visit the Fisherman’s Wharf
Fisherman’s Wharf is a vibrant, floating village just a short walk from downtown Victoria. You’ll find local seafood restaurants, unique boutiques, and colorful floating homes. Plan to spend some time exploring this unique spot and enjoy the atmosphere.
8. Try Local Food and Drink
Victoria has a thriving food and drink scene that is worth exploring. Head to Victoria Public Market for local produce, artisanal cheeses, and fresh seafood. Be sure to try some local craft beer, wine, or spirits too. You’ll find local breweries, wineries, and distilleries throughout the city.
Book Your Tour Now
Victoria is a beautiful destination with a lot to offer tourists. From historical sites to natural beauty, there is something for everyone. Use this guide to plan your trip and make the most of your time in Victoria. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture all the unforgettable moments.
Table of Contents