Welcome to our guide on the best attractions and things to do in Southport! This charming seaside town located in the north west of England offers a wide range of activities for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re looking to relax on golden beaches, explore historic landmarks, indulge in some retail therapy or enjoy outdoor adventures, Southport has something for everyone. In this post, we’ll take you through some of the top attractions in the area, from picturesque parks to fascinating museums and galleries. So, let’s dive in and discover the best of Southport!
The 2 Best Things You Have To Do In Southport
The 2 Best Things You Have To Do In Southport
1. Gold Coast 2 Hour Surfers Paradise Cruise With Buffet Lunch
Discover the stunning Gold Coast on a 2-hour sightseeing lunch cruise. Departing from Surfers Paradise, indulge in a tropical buffet featuring Ocean King prawns, roast chicken, and fresh-baked ham, while taking in breathtaking panoramic views of the city skyline from the upper deck. The fully licensed onboard bar offers tasty cocktails to enhance your experience. Enjoy the comfort of the air-conditioned lower deck with full amenities or bask in the sun on the spacious sundeck, offering 360-degree views of local landmarks such as Marina Mirage, Home of the Arts, Sea World, Palazzo Versace, and more. Experience the best of the Gold Coast in luxury and style on this unforgettable cruise.
2. Surfers Paradise Dinner Buffet Cruise
Get ready to experience a unique and indulging dining experience with the Surfers Paradise Dinner Buffet Cruise. Departing from the Sea World Cruises Terminal, this 2.5 hour sightseeing dinner cruise will take you on a journey through the sparkling Gold Coast waterways, while allowing you to enjoy a chef-prepared buffet dinner made from the best local seasonal produce. You can also sample some of the finest local craft beer wine and cocktails while enjoying live onboard entertainment. The top deck of the Spirit of Elston boasts a spacious 360-degree view deck that provides stunning views of the city skyline. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just out for an unforgettable night, this dinner cruise is an ideal way to spend your evening. So book your tickets now and get ready for a memorable dining and sightseeing experience on the Gold Coast.
Top Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists About the City of SouthportSouthport is a beautiful city located in the south coast of England. Renowned for its Victorian architecture and stunning natural beauty, Southport attracts tourists from different parts of the world. If you’re planning to visit Southport anytime soon, then there are a few questions that might come to mind before you arrive. In this post, we will discuss the most frequently asked questions by tourists about Southport.
1. What is the best time to visit Southport?The best time to visit Southport is during the summer months, between June and August. During this period, the weather is warm and sunny, which makes it perfect for walks along the beach or exploring the town. The shoulder months of May and September also offer great weather, as well as fewer crowds. However, if you don’t mind the cold weather, visiting Southport in the winter months can be an enchanting experience with festive lights, Christmas markets, and ice skating rinks.
2. How do I get to Southport?Southport is accessible by different modes of transportation, including car, train, and bus. Visitors can take the train from Liverpool or Manchester to Southport, which takes between 45 to 65 minutes, respectively. If you’re driving to Southport, the city is easily accessible from the M63 motorway. Additionally, visitors can also take the bus from major cities such as Liverpool and Preston.
3. What are the must-visit attractions in Southport?Southport offers a wide range of attractions to visitors. One of the most popular attractions is the Southport Pier, which is the longest in the UK, stretching out for 1,108 meters into the Irish Sea. Another attraction that you should not miss is the Botanic Gardens, which covers more than 20 acres of land and offers a range of exotic plants and flowers. Additionally, the Marine Lake and the beach offer opportunities for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
4. What is the best way to explore Southport?The best way to explore Southport is on foot or by bicycle. The city offers a range of walking and cycling routes that take visitors through the town’s landmarks and natural beauty. Additionally, visitors can take a hop-on-hop-off bus tour that takes them around the city’s major attractions.
5. What are the best places to eat and drink in Southport?Southport offers a variety of dining options to suit all tastes and budgets. Some of the popular restaurants in the city include The Vincent Hotel, The Bold Hotel, and Bistrot Verite. If you’re looking for a quick bite or a coffee, then the Lord Street area of the town is packed with cafes and eateries. For drinks, the Tap and Bottles and The Ship and Mitre are popular choices for their wide selection of local and international beers.
6. Where can I stay in Southport?Southport offers numerous options for accommodation, ranging from budget-friendly hotels to luxury boutique properties. The Vincent Hotel, The Bold Hotel, and Royal Clifton Hotel are some of the popular choices for visitors to the city. Additionally, there are several bed and breakfast options and self-catering apartments available for those who prefer more flexibility.
7. What are the cultural events in Southport?Southport hosts several cultural events throughout the year, including the Southport Air Show in September, Southport Food and Drink Festival in May, and the Southport Flower Show in August. Additionally, the town also hosts regular music, theater, and comedy shows at venues such as the Southport Theatre and Convention Centre.
8. Is Southport family-friendly?Southport is an ideal destination for families, with a wide range of activities and attractions to keep children of all ages entertained. Along with the Marine Lake and beach, the town also offers several amusement parks, including Pleasureland and Dunes Splash World. Additionally, the town is home to several parks and gardens, including the Hesketh Park and Botanic Gardens, which provide opportunities for picnics and outdoor activities.
9. What are the shopping options in Southport?Southport offers several shopping options, ranging from high-street retailers and supermarkets to independent boutiques and artisanal markets. The town’s main shopping street, Lord Street, offers a range of high-street and boutique stores, while the Wayfarers Arcade offers a selection of independent shops and cafes. Additionally, several markets, including the Southport Market and the Artisan Market, allow visitors to discover local products and crafts.
10. What are the safety measures in Southport?Southport is a safe city for visitors. However, it is always important to be vigilant and take standard safety precautions, such as using a lock for your belongings and not leaving valuables visible in your car. Additionally, be aware of your surroundings, especially at night, and avoid walking in deserted areas or dark alleys.In conclusion, Southport is a stunning city with a lot of attractions and culture to offer for tourists. With the above frequently asked questions now answered, you can plan your visit with peace of mind knowing the best time to visit, how to get around, where to stay and what to do in this charming coastal town.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in SouthportSouthport is a beautiful coastal town located in Merseyside, England. It’s a perfect holiday destination for those who are looking for a relaxing break from their daily routine. Whether you’re a nature lover or a fan of historical monuments, Southport has something special to offer to everyone.In this guide, we’ll take a look at some of the best tourist attractions and activities that you can do in Southport. By the end of this guide, you’ll have a clear idea of how to spend a wonderful time in this charming town.
1. Southport PierSouthport Pier is one of the oldest and longest iron piers in the world that stretches out 1,108 meters into the Irish Sea. It’s a must-visit tourist attraction in Southport, offering stunning views of the coastline and the town. You can take a leisurely stroll on the pier or stop by at the end and grab a coffee or some ice cream at the Pavilion Café. The kids will love the arcade and mini-golf on the pier too. If you’re lucky, you may spot some of the local wildlife, such as grey seals or dolphins, which occasionally visit the pier.
2. Southport Botanic GardensLocated in Churchtown, the Southport Botanic Gardens is an award-winning Victorian botanical park that spans over 27 acres. It’s a perfect place to spend a relaxing afternoon, away from the hustle and bustle of the town.The gardens feature several themed areas, such as the Mediterranean garden, Japanese garden, and the Fernery. You can also explore the aviary, which houses a variety of colorful exotic birds. Additionally, the children’s playground will keep the little ones entertained while you enjoy a picnic on a sunny day.
3. The AtkinsonThe Atkinson is a lively cultural hub in the heart of Southport that features art galleries, a museum, a theater, and a library. It’s a perfect place to explore the local history and art scene.The museum houses fascinating exhibits, such as the Egyptology collection, which showcases numerous ancient Egyptian artifacts. The art galleries exhibit a mixture of contemporary and traditional art from local and international artists.The theater hosts various performances, such as live music, drama, and comedy shows. Don’t forget to check the schedule before you visit, and book your tickets in advance to avoid disappointments.
4. Southport BeachSouthport Beach is a wide and sandy beach that stretches for miles along the coastline. It’s one of the cleanest beaches in the UK, and it’s perfect for a relaxing day out in the sun.You can enjoy a relaxing walk on the beach, build sandcastles with your kids, or go for a swim. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby where you can grab a bite to eat or a refreshing drink.
5. Royal Birkdale Golf ClubIf you’re a golf enthusiast, then you must visit the Royal Birkdale Golf Club. It’s one of the finest links golf courses in the world and has hosted numerous prestigious tournaments, such as The Open Championship, Ryder Cup, and the Women’s British Open.You can book a tee time and experience the challenging course yourself or take a guided tour from the clubhouse, which will provide fascinating insights into the history of this legendary golf course.
6. Southport Model Railway VillageThe Southport Model Railway Village is a one-of-a-kind attraction that features a miniature replica of the town in the 1950s. It’s a perfect place to experience the town’s history and charm in a unique way.The village features several model railway layouts that depict different parts of the town, including the fairground, the football stadium, and the pier. It’s a great place to take the kids, and they’ll love the interactive elements, including the miniature cars and trains that they can control.
Book Your Tour NowSouthport is a charming seaside town that has something special to offer to everyone. Whether you’re a history buff or a nature lover, you’ll find plenty of interesting things to do in this town.
From strolling on the pier to exploring the botanical gardens, visiting the museum or theatre, enjoying the beautiful beach or playing a round of golf, Southport has it all. Plan your trip today, and enjoy your time in Southport!