Welcome to Hilton Head Island, a spectacular vacation destination located along the coast of South Carolina. Whether you’re into sun-soaked beaches, first-rate golf courses, or a variety of outdoor activities, Hilton Head has something for everyone. This charming island offers an endless array of attractions and experiences, making it a popular choice for travelers who want to unwind and enjoy all the conveniences that come with vacationing in the USA. In this blog post, we will highlight some of the best things to do and must-see attractions that you shouldn’t miss during your stay in Hilton Head Island. So, grab your hat, sunscreen, and let’s get started on this exciting journey!
The 8 Best Things to Do with Kids in Hilton Head Island
- Hilton Head Island Guided Stand Up Paddleboard Tour
- Hilton Head Island Fun Group Segway Tour
- Hilton Head Island 75 Minute Jet Ski Tour
- Hilton Head Island 2 Hour Guided Creek Cat Tour
- Hilton Head Island Guided Dolphin Tour
- Hilton Head Island Virtual Reality Arcade Experience
- Hilton Head Island Dolphin Nature Cruise
- Hilton Head Island Round Trip Ferry Ticket to Savannah
The 8 Best Things to Do with Kids in Hilton Head Island
1. Hilton Head Island Guided Stand Up Paddleboard Tour
Discover the hidden treasures of Hilton Head Island on this 1-hour stand up paddleboarding tour. Paddle through clear waters and explore inlets and rivulets entirely inaccessible by boat. During your tour, absorb spectacular views of the South Carolina coastline as you navigate through serene Lowcountry marshes. Encounter a vibrant array of indigenous wildlife including pelicans, herons, egrets, and man. Take in unbeatable views of pristine beaches and luscious greenery. Benefit from a professional local guide who provides basic paddleboarding techniques and leads a small group experience for up to 10 people. It is an excellent opportunity to learn a new activity with your friends or family while exploring the natural beauty of Hilton Head Island.
2. Hilton Head Island Fun Group Segway Tour
Start your journey of exploring Hilton Head Island with a group Segway tour. Meet your expert guide at Palmetto Bay Marina, where you will be provided with Segway and helmet to enjoy your ride. Travel along the beautiful bike trails and boardwalks of the island and pause at local parks. On this tour, you will learn about the fascinating history and ecological facts about Hilton Head Island from your knowledgeable guide. Listen to interesting facts including Spanish moss tourism, wildlife and much more. You will be provided with bottled water and snacks as well. Keep in mind that this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years, people with mobility impairments, wheelchair users, visually impaired people, people over 275 lbs (125 kg), and people over 95 years. So, book this amazing tour to take in the beautiful scenery of Hilton Head Island from a Segway while learning interesting facts from your expert guide.
3. Hilton Head Island 75 Minute Jet Ski Tour
Discover Hilton Head Island with an exciting 75-minute jet ski tour. This adventure begins at Palmetto Bay Marina and takes you past luxurious homes, oyster beds, and magnificent boats before reaching the open water. Once there, enjoy the freedom of riding your own jet ski while taking in the stunning scenery. Keep an eye out for Hilton Head’s wildlife, like dolphins, birds, and sea turtles. The tour includes professional tour guide services, hotel pickup and drop-off, and jet ski usage. Keep in mind that this experience is not suitable for children under 6, pregnant women, people with mobility or heart problems, back problems, motion sickness or anyone over 350lbs. A Jet Ski driver’s license is required to operate the jet ski.
4. Hilton Head Island 2 Hour Guided Creek Cat Tour
Zip around Hilton Head Island on a 2-hour guided adventure through the marshes on a Creek Cat. Drive your own boat and keep an eye out for local bottlenose dolphins. Pass by the Harbour Town Lighthouse, a red and white candy-cane exterior beacon and Bull Island, an uninhabited stretch of land home to exotic animals including zebras. Learn more about Hilton Head Island’s wildlife and ecosystem from expert guides. Explore smaller marshes filled with abundant wildlife areas that are inaccessible in larger vessels. Look out for egrets, eagles, ospreys and otters along the way. The tour includes a professional guide and bottled water.
5. Hilton Head Island Guided Dolphin Tour
Discover the natural beauty of Hilton Head Island in a unique way with a guided dolphin tour. Marvel at the sight of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins in their natural habitat and learn more about their eating habits and behaviors, narrated by a knowledgeable local guide.
Explore the island’s waterways and gain insight into the history of the area and the neighboring islands through the informative narration of your guide. Along the way, be on the lookout for other wildlife such as pelicans, osprey, stingrays, herons, and turtles that may make an appearance on this exciting tour.
Your tour includes a boat ride, narration by your guide, dolphin watching, as well as hotel pickup and drop-off for your convenience. Note that this tour may not be suitable for wheelchair users.
Join this amazing tour and experience the natural beauty of Hilton Head Island in a whole new way.
6. Hilton Head Island Virtual Reality Arcade Experience
Become fully immersed in a virtual reality gaming world at this Hilton Head Island attraction. With over 40 VR experiences to choose from, challenge your friends or family in an unforgettable adventure – defend yourself against evil creatures, explore the solar system, find hidden clues to escape rooms, and much more. You can choose between 20, 40, or 70 minutes of unlimited virtual fun and even go online to play with others around the world. Your experience includes a user-friendly VR tutorial, multiplayer access, and support from Immersive Specialists. Snacks and drinks are also included. Please note that this experience may not be suitable for everyone.
7. Hilton Head Island Dolphin Nature Cruise
Take a sightseeing cruise to explore the incredible nature around Hilton Head Island and the surrounding waterways. Hear about the island’s history from your expert crew as you search for Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Admire the coastal landscape as you learn about the lifecycle of these mammals. Discover why this region is the perfect place for dolphins to settle. With sightings guaranteed, this tour is sure to be a highlight of your vacation. The tour includes a sightseeing cruise, guaranteed dolphin sightings, an expert naturalist captain to provide live narration, food and drinks (available for purchase), Sea Pines Resort vehicle entry fee, and gratuities. Benefit from guaranteed dolphin sightings while on a spacious vessel and enjoy live narration by an expert naturalist captain.
8. Hilton Head Island Round Trip Ferry Ticket to Savannah
Cruise through stunning intra-coastal waterways from Hilton Head Island to Savannah with this round-trip express ferry ticket. Enjoy panoramic views and relax on the open-air upper deck of the comfortable air-conditioned boat. Departing from the Sea Pines Resort, sail through old shipping channels and enjoy over 4 hours in Savannah to explore the city before returning to the ferry. On the return trip, benefit from happy hour pricing on selected drinks. The ticket includes a round-trip ferry ticket, food and drinks, and Sea Pines Resort vehicle entry fee ($9). Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with mobility impairments.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hilton Head IslandAre you planning a trip to Hilton Head Island and have some questions on your mind? You’re not alone! Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the island:
1. What kind of activities are there to do on Hilton Head Island?Hilton Head Island is filled with opportunities for outdoor recreation, including a variety of water sports such as kayaking, paddleboarding, and fishing. The island also offers excellent golfing facilities, boasting more than 20 golf courses. You can experience the beauty of the island while biking or hiking the numerous trails as well. Sightseeing tours, cultural events, and shopping are also popular activities on Hilton Head Island.
2. What is the best time of year to visit Hilton Head Island?The ideal time to visit Hilton Head Island will depend largely on your personal preferences. If you’re looking for warm weather, crowds, and plenty of activities, then the summer months of June to August are the best time to go. However, if you’re more interested in avoiding crowds and saving money, then the fall and winter months may be your best bet.
3. How do I get to Hilton Head Island?Located in South Carolina, the island is easily accessible by car, with a bridge connecting it to mainland South Carolina. Several major airports are located within a two-hour drive and can offer flights to various parts of the country. Alternatively, Amtrak offers train service to nearby Savannah, Georgia.
4. What are the best beaches on Hilton Head Island?There are several beautiful beaches on the island, each boasting its own charm. Some of the most popular beaches include Coligny Beach, which has lots of amenities like restaurants and restrooms, Hilton Head Island Beach, which is great for families with children, and Burkes Beach, which is a quieter option for those looking to escape the crowds.
5. What kind of accommodations are available on Hilton Head Island?There are several options for accommodations on Hilton Head Island, including hotels, resorts, villas, and rental homes. From budget-friendly options to luxury options, you’re sure to find something to fit your specific needs and budget.
6. Is Hilton Head Island family-friendly?Absolutely! Hilton Head Island is a great place for families, with plenty of activities and attractions that are sure to keep the whole family entertained. From the beaches to the island’s numerous parks and playgrounds, there’s something for everyone.
7. Are there any must-try restaurants on Hilton Head Island?Yes, there are! Some of the most popular restaurants on the island include The Jazz Corner, which offers live jazz music and delicious food, The Black Marlin Bayside Grill, which has stunning views of the water and fresh seafood, and Santa Fe Cafe, which offers a unique blend of Southwestern and Island-inspired cuisine.
8. What are some popular events on Hilton Head Island?The island is known for hosting several popular events throughout the year, such as the Hilton Head Island Wine & Food Festival, the Hilton Head Island Golf Island Festival, and the Hilton Head Island Motoring Festival & Concours d’Elegance. These events offer visitors a chance to experience the island’s unique culture and traditions.
9. What is the weather like on Hilton Head Island?The climate on Hilton Head Island is subtropical, with mild winters and hot, humid summers. Temperatures during the summer months can average around 85 degrees Fahrenheit, while winter months can average around 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Hurricanes can be a risk during the hurricane season, which runs from June to November.
10. What are some popular tours on Hilton Head Island?There are several tours available on Hilton Head Island that offer visitors a chance to experience the island’s natural beauty and unique ecosystem. One popular tour is the dolphin watching tour, which takes visitors out to sea to observe the playful and intelligent creatures. The island also offers fishing charters, boat tours, and nature tours, all of which are sure to provide a memorable experience.In conclusion, Hilton Head Island is a wonderful vacation destination with plenty to offer. From outdoor recreation to cultural events and delicious cuisine, the island has something for everyone. With the information provided here, you’ll have a better understanding of what to expect on your vacation to Hilton Head Island.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Hilton Head IslandHilton Head Island, located in South Carolina, is a beautiful and popular tourist destination known for its stunning beaches, golf courses, and top-rated restaurants. Whether you’re planning to visit for a few days or a few weeks, there are plenty of activities and attractions to keep you entertained. In this guide, we’ll provide you with a list of things to do and places to see to help you make the most out of your trip.
1. Explore the BeachesHilton Head Island’s beaches are its biggest draw, and for good reason. With miles of pristine shoreline, turquoise waters, and an abundance of activities, you could easily spend your entire vacation here. Some of the island’s most popular beaches include:
Coligny BeachColigny Beach is located in the heart of Hilton Head Island and is a favorite among visitors and locals alike. The beach offers a wide stretch of white sand, volleyball courts, and plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance.
Driessen BeachDriessen Beach is a secluded beach located at the end of Bradley Beach Road. While it requires a bit of a trek to get there, it’s worth it for the peace and quiet you’ll find at this hidden gem. The beach offers plenty of space to spread out, restrooms, and outdoor showers.
Folly Field BeachFolly Field Beach is located in a residential area and is less crowded than some of the other beaches on the island. The beach offers a playground, a volleyball court, and plenty of parking, making it a great option for families with young children.
2. Play a Round of GolfHilton Head Island is home to some of the best golf courses in the world, with over 30 courses to choose from. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, you’re sure to find a course that suits your skill level. Some of the island’s most popular courses include:
Harbour Town Golf LinksHarbour Town Golf Links, located within the Sea Pines Resort, is one of the most famous courses in the world. The course is known for its picturesque setting and is a favorite among PGA Tour professionals.
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront ResortPalmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is home to three championship golf courses, all of which offer varying levels of difficulty. The resort also offers golf lessons and clinics for those who want to improve their game.
Port Royal Golf ClubPort Royal Golf Club is home to three courses that are open to the public. The courses are known for their scenic views and challenging play, making them a favorite among golf enthusiasts.
3. Visit the LighthouseThe Harbour Town Lighthouse, located within the Sea Pines Resort, is a must-see attraction for visitors to Hilton Head Island. The lighthouse offers stunning views of the surrounding area and is a great spot for taking photos.
Tips:– The lighthouse is open year-round and admission is $4.25 for adults and $3.25 for children under 12.
– Climbing to the top of the lighthouse requires a bit of a climb, so make sure to wear comfortable shoes.
4. Take a Dolphin Watching CruiseDolphin watching cruises are a popular activity in Hilton Head Island. There are several companies that offer dolphin watching tours, allowing you to get up close and personal with these fascinating creatures.
Tips:– Bring sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
– Don’t forget your camera!
5. Explore Shelter Cove Towne CentreShelter Cove Towne Centre is a popular shopping and dining destination on Hilton Head Island. The center offers a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, making it a great spot to spend an afternoon or evening.
Tips:– Check the center’s website for events and promotions before you go.
– Don’t miss the nightly summer entertainment series, which includes live music, movies, and more.
Book Your Tour NowHilton Head Island is a beautiful and exciting destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you prefer spending your days on the beach, hitting the links, or exploring local attractions, you’re sure to have a great time here. With this guide, you’ll be well-equipped to plan the perfect trip to Hilton Head Island.
Table of Contents