Negril, located on the western coast of Jamaica, is a charming and tranquil town known for its stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and awe-inspiring sunsets. There’s no shortage of things to do and see in Negril, and whether you’re seeking adventure or relaxation, this beautiful town has something for everyone. From swimming in the natural pool at Blue Hole Mineral Spring to experiencing the thrill of cliff jumping at Rick’s Cafe, Negril is a paradise for travelers seeking a unique and unforgettable Caribbean vacation. In this article, we’ll explore the best attractions and things to do in Negril that you won’t want to miss on your next trip to this tropical paradise.
The 2 Best Things To Do With Family In Negril
The 2 Best Things To Do With Family In Negril
1. Ys Falls
Experience the natural beauty of YS Falls on this all-day tour, surrounded by lush gardens and featuring seven waterfalls. With lifeguards on site and areas for swimming indicated, you can swim in the pools beneath several waterfalls or relax in the natural pool that is suitable for children and non-swimmers. During your visit, you can also zipline from the top of the falls to the base. This tour is perfect for active travelers looking to explore the beauty of nature. Please note, during rainy months (May and October) swimming may be suspended. Pickup is available from any hotel in Negril and the West End, and the tour includes air-conditioned transportation, all fees and taxes, lunch, and alcoholic beverages. If your resort is in or out of Montego Bay, an additional charge will apply, so please contact the operator before booking.
2. Negrils 7 Miles Beach and Ricks Cafe
Visit two of Negril’s top attractions on this tour – Seven Mile Beach and Rick’s Cafe. Spend time lounging on the pristine white sands of Seven Mile Beach or enjoy an array of watersports activities. Afterwards, head over to Rick’s Cafe, where you can watch cliff jumping and marvel at uninterrupted island sunsets. Perfect for both first-time and returning visitors, this tour includes round-trip transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle, as well as beach chairs and umbrellas. Pick-up time and location are flexible and can be arranged ahead of time. Please note that this tour is not wheelchair accessible but is open to most travelers. Cancellation policies apply.
Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists about NegrilNegril is a small town on the western coast of Jamaica, known for its white sand beaches, crystal clear water, and relaxed and chill vibe. Tourists from all over the world visit Negril to enjoy its natural beauty and rich cultural history. However, before planning your trip to Negril, you might have some questions in your mind. In this post, we will answer the top 10 frequently asked questions by tourists about Negril.
1. Is Negril safe for tourists?Yes, Negril is generally safe for tourists. However, as a tourist, you should be cautious and avoid walking alone at night, especially in secluded areas. Also, it is advisable to keep your valuables and important documents safe and secure.
2. When is the best time to visit Negril?The best time to visit Negril is from November to April when the weather is dry and sunny. During these months, the temperature is around 27°C (81°F). However, if you are looking for a budget-friendly trip, you might want to consider traveling during the off-season between May and October.
3. What are the top things to do in Negril?Negril has a lot to offer to its tourists, from exploring the seven-mile beach to cliff jumping at Rick’s Cafe to visiting the famous Bob Marley Museum. Here are some top things to do in Negril:
- Seven Mile Beach
- Cliff Jumping at Rick’s Cafe
- Bob Marley Museum
- Mayfield Falls
- Dolphin Cove
- Blue Hole Mineral Spring
- Negril Lighthouse
4. What is the currency used in Negril?The official currency of Jamaica is the Jamaican dollar (JMD). However, US dollars are also widely accepted in Negril. It is advisable to check the exchange rate before you travel to avoid any confusion or overspending.
5. What is the transportation system like in Negril?Negril has a reliable and affordable transportation system that includes chartered taxis, buses, and minibusses. Taxis are the most common mode of transportation in Negril, and the fares are usually negotiable. It is essential to agree on the fare before getting into the taxi.
6. What is the local cuisine of Negril?The local cuisine of Negril is a mix of African, European, and Asian influences. Some popular Jamaican dishes that you must try during your stay in Negril include Jerk Chicken, Ackee and Saltfish, Run Down, Oxtail, and Curry Goat. There are also plenty of options for vegetarians and vegans, including plantains, callaloo, and rice and peas.
7. What is the nightlife scene in Negril like?Negril has a vibrant nightlife scene, with many bars and clubs staying open late into the night. Some popular nightlife spots in Negril include Alfred’s Ocean Palace, Jungle, Bourbon Beach, and The Boardwalk Village.
8. What should I pack for my trip to Negril?When packing for your trip to Negril, you should keep in mind the tropical weather and the beach environment. Some essential items to pack include:
- Bug spray
- Beach towels
- Swimsuits and Cover ups
- Light and airy clothes
- Casual footwear
- Sunglasses and hats
- Camera or GoPro
9. What are the top hotels to stay in Negril?Negril has a variety of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious resorts. Some top hotels to stay in Negril include:
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
- Sunset at the Palms Resort
- Travellers Beach Resort
- Couples Negril
- The Westender Inn
- Breezes Resort & Spa Negril
10. What are the cultural events and festivals in Negril?Negril has an active cultural scene, with many annual events and festivals celebrating Jamaican music, food, and tradition. Some popular cultural events and festivals in Negril include:
- Reggae Sumfest
- Jamaica Festival
- Bob Marley Week
- Jamaica Rum Festival
- Jamaica Carnival
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in NegrilNegril is one of Jamaica’s most popular travel destinations, and for good reason. With its white sand beaches and turquoise waters, Negril is a paradise for beach lovers. But there’s more to Negril than just its beaches. In this guide, we’ll take you through some of the must-see attractions, activities, and experiences to help you make the most of your time in Negril.
1. Enjoy the BeachesNegril is famous for its stunning beaches, and you absolutely must take advantage of them during your visit. Seven Mile Beach is the most popular beach, stretching seven miles along the coast. It’s the perfect spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water activities, such as snorkeling and parasailing.
Long Bay Beach is a quieter beach, with fewer crowds and more seclusion. If you’re looking for a peaceful spot to relax and soak up the sun, this is the place to be.
Bloody Bay Beach is another great option, known for its calm waters and vibrant marine life. Don’t forget to pack sunscreen, a beach towel, and plenty of water for your day at the beach.
2. Go on a Boat TripGoing on a boat trip is one of the best ways to explore the stunning coastline of Negril. From glass bottom boat tours to sunset cruises, there are plenty of options to choose from. You can even take a catamaran to the famous Rick’s Cafe for an unforgettable sunset experience. Keep an eye out for dolphins and other wildlife along the way.
3. Visit Rick’s CafeRick’s Cafe is one of Negril’s top attractions, and for a good reason. Perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean, Rick’s Cafe is the perfect spot for watching the sunset while enjoying a drink and some live music. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even take the plunge and jump off the cliffs into the water below. A word of caution: make sure to follow all safety precautions and jump only from the designated areas.
4. Explore the Jamaican CultureNegril is rich in Jamaican culture, and there are plenty of opportunities to immerse yourself in it. Visit the Negril Lighthouse, built-in 1894, to learn about the history of the area. Take a trip to the Negril Craft Market to see local artisans at work and buy handmade souvenirs to take home with you. Finally, don’t forget to try some of the delicious Jamaican cuisine, such as jerk chicken, curry goat, and ackee and saltfish.
5. Take a Nature TourNegril is surrounded by natural beauty, and there are plenty of nature tours available to help you explore it. Take a trip to the Blue Hole Mineral Spring for a refreshing dip in the natural mineral pool. Visit the Royal Palm Reserve to hike through the rainforest and see exotic birds and animals. You can even go on a horseback ride through the countryside to see rural Jamaica up close and personal.
6. Experience the NightlifeNegril has a thriving nightlife scene, with plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants to explore. The Jungle Nightclub is a popular spot for dancing and live music. Alfred’s Ocean Palace is another great option, with a relaxed vibe and plenty of seafood and cocktails on offer. Finally, make sure to check out the local reggae scene, with live music at many bars and clubs throughout the area.
Book Your Tour NowNegril is a truly magical place, full of natural beauty, vibrant culture, and unforgettable experiences. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach or explore the local attractions, there’s something for everyone in Negril. By following the tips and recommendations in this guide, you’re sure to have a memorable and unforgettable trip to this paradise in the Caribbean.
Table of Contents