Charlottetown, the capital city of Prince Edward Island, is a beautiful and vibrant city that offers plenty of things to see and do. Whether you are a history buff or a lover of the outdoors, there is something for everyone in Charlottetown. In this post, we will explore some of the best attractions and activities to experience while visiting this charming city. From historic sites and museums to scenic parks and beaches, you won’t be disappointed with the variety of options available to you in Charlottetown. So, get ready to set out on an unforgettable adventure in Prince Edward Island!
The 2 Best Things To Do And See In Charlottetown
The 2 Best Things To Do And See In Charlottetown
1. Canada Walking Tour of Charlottetown Pei
Explore the beautiful city of Charlottetown in Canada on a 2-hour guided walking tour. Learn about the history of the city from your knowledgeable guide as you make your way along Great George St., admiring the stunning Georgian and Gothic Revival architecture on display.
Pass by the historic Bishops Palace and the Basilica Cathedral, both considered iconic landmarks in Charlottetown. Continue on to Province House, where the Confederation was born.
This tour provides the perfect combination of history, sightseeing, and entertainment. Book now to experience the best of Charlottetown on foot.
2. Best of P E I Tour
See the best of beautiful Prince Edward Island with a fully narrated small group tour experience. Explore the island’s top attractions like the Anne of Green Gables Welcome Centre, the Cavendish Cliffs, and Charlottetown all while enjoying the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle. Your guide will provide insight into the island’s rich maritime heritage and share stories along the way. Hassle-free round-trip transportation from your hotel in Downtown Prince Edward Island is included, as well as gratuities. Meeting point is at Founders’ Hall Visitor Information or request pickup directly from your hotel.
Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists About the City of CharlottetownCharlottetown is the charming capital city of Prince Edward Island, Canada’s smallest province. Located on the island’s south coast, Charlottetown is a popular tourist destination that attracts visitors from around the world. In this blog post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about the city.
1. What are the best things to see and do in Charlottetown?Charlottetown offers plenty of attractions and activities for visitors. Here are some of the most popular things to see and do in the city:
a. Visit the Confederation Centre of the ArtsThe Confederation Centre of the Arts is a national arts center that hosts live theater, music, and dance performances. The center is also home to the Confederation Art Gallery, which showcases Canadian art.
b. Explore Victoria ParkVictoria Park is a beautiful urban park that features walking trails, picnic areas, and playgrounds. The park is also home to the Victoria Park Pool, which is a popular spot to cool off on a hot summer day.
c. Take a walking tour of CharlottetownCharlottetown is a historic city with plenty of interesting architecture and landmarks. Taking a walking tour is a great way to learn about the city’s history and culture.
2. What is the best time of year to visit Charlottetown?The best time to visit Charlottetown depends on your preferences. Here are some things to consider:
a. SummerSummer is a popular time to visit Charlottetown because the weather is warm and there are many outdoor festivals and events. However, this is also peak tourist season, so the city can be crowded.
b. FallFall is a great time to visit Charlottetown if you’re looking for milder weather and fewer crowds. The fall foliage is also beautiful in the surrounding countryside.
c. WinterWinter is the quietest time to visit Charlottetown, but it can be cold and snowy. However, if you enjoy winter sports like skiing or snowshoeing, this can be a great time to visit.
3. What are the best restaurants in Charlottetown?Charlottetown has a vibrant food scene with plenty of great restaurants to choose from. Here are some of the most highly recommended restaurants in the city:
a. Terre RougeTerre Rouge is a French-inspired restaurant that focuses on locally sourced ingredients. The menu changes regularly to reflect the seasons.
b. Pilot HouseThe Pilot House is a waterfront restaurant that offers stunning views of Charlottetown Harbor. The menu features seafood and other local ingredients.
c. Brickhouse Kitchen & BarThe Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar is a popular spot for comfort food and craft beer. The menu features burgers, mac and cheese, and other hearty dishes.
4. What are the best hotels in Charlottetown?Charlottetown has plenty of hotels to choose from, ranging from budget-friendly to luxury. Here are some of the best hotels in the city:
a. The Holman Grand HotelThe Holman Grand Hotel is a luxury hotel located in the heart of Charlottetown. The hotel features a spa, rooftop patio, and onsite restaurant.
b. The Delta Hotels by Marriott Prince EdwardThe Delta Hotels by Marriott Prince Edward is a waterfront hotel that offers stunning views of Charlottetown Harbor. The hotel features an onsite restaurant and fitness center.
c. The Great GeorgeThe Great George is a boutique hotel located in downtown Charlottetown. The hotel features a historic charm and a variety of room types to choose from.
5. What is the best way to get around Charlottetown?Charlottetown is a walkable city, but there are also other transportation options available. Here are some ways to get around the city:
a. WalkingCharlottetown is a fairly small city, so walking is a great way to explore the downtown area.
b. BikingThe city has bike lanes and a variety of bike rental options, making it easy to explore the city on two wheels.
c. Public TransitThere is a public transit system in Charlottetown that runs throughout the city and surrounding areas.
d. Car RentalIf you want to venture out of the city, renting a car is a good option. There are several car rental companies located in Charlottetown.In conclusion, Charlottetown is a charming city with plenty to offer visitors. Whether you’re interested in history and culture, outdoor activities, or great food, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. By following this guide, you’ll be able to make the most of your visit to Charlottetown.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in CharlottetownCharlottetown, the capital of Prince Edward Island in Canada, is a charming and historic city that offers plenty for visitors to see and do. With its picturesque location on the southern shore of the island, surrounded by the blue waters of the Northumberland Strait and Hillsborough Bay, and with its historic sites, cultural institutions, and vibrant nightlife, it’s no wonder that Charlottetown is a popular destination for tourists. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your time as a tourist in Charlottetown.
1. Explore the Historic DistrictCharlottetown’s Historic District is a must-see for anyone visiting the city. Located in the downtown area, the Historic District is home to numerous historic sites, including the Province House National Historic Site, the Confederation Centre of the Arts, and St. Dunstan’s Basilica. Take a leisurely stroll through the district and take in the architecture and history of this charming city.
2. Visit the Anne of Green Gables MuseumThe Anne of Green Gables Museum is located about 30 minutes outside of Charlottetown in the town of Cavendish, but it’s well worth the trip. The museum is housed in a 19th-century farmhouse that was the inspiration for the setting of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s famous novel. Tour the house and learn about Montgomery’s life and the history of the area that inspired her writing.
3. Take a Scenic DrivePrince Edward Island is known for its scenic beauty, and Charlottetown is a great starting point for exploring the island. Rent a car and take a scenic drive along the North Shore, where you’ll see stunning views of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the red sandstone cliffs that are characteristic of the island.
4. Check Out the Charlottetown Farmers’ MarketThe Charlottetown Farmers’ Market is open on Saturdays year-round and on Wednesdays from June to September. It’s a great place to sample local food and see the work of local artisans. You’ll find everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts at this bustling market.
5. Visit the Charlottetown WaterfrontThe Charlottetown waterfront is a lively area with lots to see and do. Take a walk along the boardwalk and watch the boats come and go from the marina. Check out the shops and restaurants in the area, or take a sunset cruise on the harbour.
6. Attend a Festival or EventCharlottetown is home to numerous festivals and events throughout the year, including the Charlottetown Festival, which runs from June to September and features theatre productions, concerts, and more. Other events include the Prince Edward Island Shellfish Festival in September and the Charlottetown Farmers’ Market Christmas Market in December.
7. Visit the Prince Edward Island Brewing CompanyThe Prince Edward Island Brewing Company is a must-visit for beer lovers. Take a tour of the brewery and sample some of their award-winning beers. The brewery also has a taproom where you can enjoy a pint or two of their delicious brews.
8. Take a Walking TourCharlottetown is a great city to explore on foot. Take a guided walking tour and learn about the history and culture of the area from a knowledgeable guide. You’ll discover hidden gems and interesting facts about this charming city.
Book Your Tour NowCharlottetown is a city with a rich history, vibrant culture, and stunning natural beauty. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, food, or outdoor activities, there’s something for everyone in Charlottetown. Follow these tips to make the most of your time as a tourist in this charming city.
Table of Contents