Rhodes is a beautiful Greek island with a rich history, stunning beaches, and plenty of things to see and do. Whether you’re a history buff, a beach lover or someone who just wants to relax and soak up the Mediterranean sun, Rhodes is the perfect destination for you. From ancient ruins to charming villages, there’s something for everyone on this island located in the Aegean Sea. In this post, we’ll share with you the best attractions and things to do in Rhodes that we recommend checking out during your visit. So, let’s dive in!
The 5 Best Things For Couples To Do In Rhodes
- Rhodes and Lindos Excursion Half Day
- Rhodes Easy and Lazy Private Tour for Couples
- Main Ancient Attractions of Rhodes
- Rhodes Speedboat Trip to Symi With Free Time to Explore
- Private Tour Lindos and Rhodes Old Town Day Trip
The 5 Best Things For Couples To Do In Rhodes
1. Rhodes and Lindos Excursion Half Day
Discover all that Rhodes has to offer on a half-day excursion to Rhodes and Lindos. Start your journey by visiting the Ancient Acropolis Monte Smith and Mandraki Harbor. Travel comfortably in a Wi-Fi-equipped vehicle with enough space for up to four people.
Later, have some free time to explore the picturesque white village of Lindos. With a personalized experience on a private tour, you can be assured of convenience and efficient services. Pay a single price for up to four people and get a comprehensive overview of Rhodes.
The tour includes an air-conditioned vehicle, WiFi on board, private transportation, meals/food expenses, and entrance fees. The meeting point is at Customs Office, Tourist Port Rodos 851 00 Greece, and the start time will be confirmed in advance by the local provider.
Whether you are a solo traveler, couple, or small family, this tour offers a fabulous opportunity to discover the beauty of Rhodes. Avoid the crowds and enjoy the freedom of exploring at your own pace. Book now and experience Rhodes like never before!
2. Rhodes Easy and Lazy Private Tour for Couples
Rhodes is a beautiful and historic island filled with attractions that are worth exploring. With our easy and lazy private tour for couples, you can sit back, relax, and let our experienced driver take you on a leisurely tour of the island’s must-see destinations.
Our air-conditioned Mercedes Benz is comfortable and will take you to the Old Town of Rhodes, where you can wander the charming, narrow streets while admiring the medieval architecture. We also offer a visit to Rhodes Town, where you can get an up-close look at the impressive Mandraki Harbour, home to the famous deer statues.
Our driver is fluent in English and has extensive knowledge of Rhodian history, so you can rest assured that you’ll learn a lot along the way. Bottled water and lunch are also included, so you won’t have to worry about a thing.
We pick up from Rhodes cruise port, and our tour operates daily from 08:00 AM to 11:00 AM. However, please confirm the start time with our local provider in advance of your experience.
Our tour is also accessible to those who require a wheelchair. Service animals are allowed, and for a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
Join us for a relaxed and informative tour of Rhodes’s top attractions.
3. Main Ancient Attractions of Rhodes
Explore the ancient attractions of Rhodes on a guided tour. The tour includes air-conditioned transportation, professional driver and licensed English-speaking guide services. You may optionally purchase admission tickets to Acropolis of Lindos for 12€ per person. The tour begins with a pass-by of the Acropolis of Rhodes, then proceeds to Mandraki Harbour and four more stops. Pickup is available from your ship or hotel, and the exact meeting time will be specified in the confirmation message. The tour is operated by Telia Tours and can accommodate up to 32 travelers. Cancellation is possible with a full refund up to 24 hours before the tour. Note that infants must sit on laps, public transportation is nearby, and travelers should have a moderate level of physical fitness.
4. Rhodes Speedboat Trip to Symi With Free Time to Explore
Admire the stunning views of the towns of Rhodes and Symi from the water on this speedboat tour. With comfortable air-conditioned enclosed deck and a sundeck onboard, marvel at the beauty of the Old Town of Rhodes and the Saint Nicholas Fortress. Sail into the bay of Symi and capture the picturesque colorful houses in your camera. Enjoy some free time for shopping, eating and exploration of Symi. Don’t forget to try the local cuisine! The tour includes roundtrip on the speedboat, guided tour, entry to archaeological sites and attractions, as well as food and drinks. Come and experience the great views that this tour has to offer.
5. Private Tour Lindos and Rhodes Old Town Day Trip
Behold the wonders of Ancient Lindos and Rhodes Old Town with a private full-day tour. This day trip is perfect for anyone looking to explore the highlights of Rhodes with the convenience and exclusivity of a private tour. After pickup from your Rhodes hotel, you’ll travel along the island’s pretty east coast to Ancient Lindos, where you’ll explore the village and the 4000-year-old Acropolis of Lindos on a guided tour. From here, you will continue to the Acropolis of Rhodes – home to some of the world’s finest Hellenistic monuments – before embarking on a comprehensive exploration of Rhodes Old Town. Along the way, you’ll walk down the Street of Knights and see top Rhodes attractions such as the city gates of Porte d’Amboise. The day trip is arranged to start at a time that suits your schedule and includes hotel pickup and drop-off, a local guide, and transport. Please note that entrance fees are not included.
Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists about the City RhodesRhodes, the largest of Greece’s Dodecanese islands, is known for its picturesque beaches, medieval architecture, and rich history. If you’re planning a trip to Rhodes, it’s natural to have some questions about the island. In this blog post, we’ll try to answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about the city Rhodes.
1. When is the best time to visit Rhodes?Rhodes has a Mediterranean climate, with hot and dry summers and mild winters. The best time to visit Rhodes is during the late spring and early autumn, from May to June or September to October, when the weather is pleasant, and the crowds are fewer. July and August are peak tourist season, and the island can get crowded and expensive.
2. What are the best things to do in Rhodes?Rhodes is full of history, culture, and stunning natural beauty. Here are some of the best things to do in Rhodes:
a. Visit the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of RhodesThe Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes is a must-visit attraction. It was built in the 14th century and served as the headquarters of the Knights of St. John. Today, it houses a museum with exhibits on the island’s history.
b. Explore the Old Town of RhodesThe Old Town of Rhodes is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the best-preserved medieval towns in Europe. It’s full of narrow, cobbled streets, charming courtyards, and ancient walls.
c. Relax on the beachesRhodes has some of the most beautiful beaches in Greece, like Tsambika Beach, Lindos Beach, and Anthony Quinn Bay. They all have crystal clear waters and soft golden sands.
3. Where should I stay in Rhodes?Rhodes has many hotels and resorts catering to different budgets and preferences. Here are a few options:
a. Ixian All Suites by SentidoIxian All Suites by Sentido is a luxury hotel with spacious suites, a private beach, and a spa. It’s located in Ixia, just a few minutes away from Rhodes town.
b. Boutique 5 Hotel & SpaBoutique 5 Hotel & Spa is an adults-only hotel with a gorgeous pool, a rooftop bar, and chic rooms. It’s situated in Kolymbia, halfway between Rhodes town and Lindos.
c. Saint George Hotel Spa & Beach ResortSaint George Hotel Spa & Beach Resort is a family-friendly resort with multiple pools, a water park, and a beach. It’s located in Faliraki, one of the most popular beach destinations in Rhodes.
4. How do I get around Rhodes?Rhodes has a good public transportation system, with buses and taxis available. You can also rent a car or a scooter to explore the island at your own pace. Keep in mind that the roads in Rhodes can be narrow and winding, and parking can be challenging in some areas.
5. What souvenirs can I buy in Rhodes?Rhodes has plenty of souvenirs to choose from, like:
a. Olive oil and honeyRhodes is known for its high-quality olive oil and honey. You can buy them in local markets or specialty stores.
b. Embroidered linensRhodes has a long tradition of embroidery, and you can find beautiful handcrafted linens in many shops.
c. Ceramic potteryRhodes has a rich pottery culture, and you can find unique ceramic pieces in local workshops and stores.In conclusion, Rhodes is a fascinating destination with plenty to offer for every type of traveler. We hope that this blog post has answered some of your questions and inspired you to plan your next trip to this beautiful island.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in RhodesRhodes is a beautiful Greek island that offers a lot of activities and attractions for tourists. From historic sites to stunning beaches, there is something for everyone here. If you’re planning a trip to Rhodes soon, here’s a guide to help you make the most out of your time there.
1. Visit the Acropolis of LindosThe Acropolis of Lindos is one of the top historic sites on Rhodes. Perched on a hilltop, the ancient site offers stunning views of the Aegean Sea. The Acropolis dates back to the 4th century BC, and its ruins include a temple, a theater, and a Byzantine church. To get there, you can either hike up the hill or take a donkey ride. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring sunscreen and plenty of water.
2. Explore the Old Town of RhodesThe Old Town of Rhodes is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the best-preserved medieval towns in Europe. The town is surrounded by walls and features narrow streets, old houses, and historic buildings. Take a stroll through the town and visit the Palace of the Grand Master, the Street of the Knights, and the Archaeological Museum of Rhodes. The Old Town is also home to many shops, restaurants, and cafes.
3. Relax on the BeachesRhodes has many stunning beaches where you can relax and soak up the sun. One of the most popular beaches is Faliraki Beach, known for its crystal-clear water and soft sand. If you prefer a quieter beach, head to Tsambika Beach or Lindos Beach. Both offer beautiful views and calm waters. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, a hat, and a towel.
4. Visit the Valley of the ButterfliesThe Valley of the Butterflies is a natural park located in Petaloudes. The park is home to thousands of butterflies that come to the valley to mate and lay eggs. The best time to visit is between June and September, when the butterflies are most active. The park also features beautiful waterfalls and walking paths.
5. Go on a Boat TourRhodes’ coastline is beautiful, and the best way to see it is by boat. There are many boat tours available, including sunset cruises, snorkeling tours, and day trips to nearby islands. Some tours even offer lunch or dinner on board. Make sure to book in advance, especially during the high season.
6. Try the Local CuisineRhodes is known for its delicious cuisine, and you shouldn’t leave without trying some of the local dishes. Some of the must-try dishes include moussaka, souvlaki, and tzatziki. You can find many restaurants and tavernas in the Old Town and around the island. Don’t forget to try some of the local wines and beer as well.
7. Go ShoppingShopping is another popular activity in Rhodes. The Old Town has many shops selling souvenirs, jewelry, and clothes. There are also many markets and stalls selling fresh produce, spices, and handmade items. If you’re looking for luxury items, head to the New Town, where you’ll find many high-end stores.
Book Your Tour NowRhodes is a beautiful island with plenty to see and do. Whether you’re interested in history, nature, or just relaxing on the beach, there’s something for everyone here. Make sure to plan your trip in advance and book any tours or activities early. Don’t forget to try the local cuisine and bring home some souvenirs. Have a great trip!
Table of Contents