Tenerife, the largest island in the Canary Islands archipelago off the coast of Africa, is a destination that truly has something for everyone. With its diverse range of beaches, natural wonders, and cultural hotspots, it’s no wonder that Tenerife is a popular choice for vacationers year-round. Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or a bit of both, there are plenty of attractions and things to do on this vibrant island. In this post, we’ve got you covered with a comprehensive guide to the best Tenerife has to offer, from stunning landscapes to fascinating museums and everything in between. So, grab a cup of coffee and let’s dive into the top attractions and things to do in Tenerife!
The 14 Best Romantic Things To Do In Tenerife
- San Miguel De Abona Shrimp Dive Package 2 Dives
- Grand Tour Tenerife Full Day Private Vip Tour
- Tenerife Siam Water Park Full Day Vip Entry Ticket
- Tenerife Beer Spa Experience With Tastings and Snacks
- Loro Parque Entrance Ticket
- Loro Parque Siam Park 1 Ticket 2 Attractions
- Tenerife Twin Ticket Loro Parque Siam Park Bus
- Puerto De La Cruz Friends and Couples Phone Adventure Date
- Fly Fish
- Siam Park Admission Ticket
- From Arona Tenerife Quad Bike Off Road Adventure
- Santa Cruz De Tenerife Pyramids of Guimar Ethnographic Park
- Tenerife Admission Tickets for Aqualand Costa Adeje
- Tenerife 4 Hour Gauchinche Food Tour
The 14 Best Romantic Things To Do In Tenerife
1. San Miguel De Abona Shrimp Dive Package 2 Dives
Discover the beauty of the ocean in San Miguel De Abona with this Shrimp Dive Package that offers two unforgettable dives. With over 20 dive sites to choose from, you can explore the warm and clear waters of Tenerife with no time limits underwater. Customize your dive according to your experience level and dive in small groups of up to six divers with a marine biologist to satisfy your curiosity. Take advantage of the exclusive service and 5-star equipment from the best Mares brand to make the most of your diving experience. Enjoy 30 meters of visibility scuba diving and a 100% safety record, all offered by the only dive center authorized by the government of the Canary Islands in Golf del Sur. Book now for a personalized and unforgettable adventure.
2. Grand Tour Tenerife Full Day Private Vip Tour
Discover the best of Tenerife with a private VIP tour just for you and your party. Say goodbye to crowded bus tours and hello to personalized service as you explore some of the island’s top sights, including Teide National Park, Los Gigantes, Masca Valley, Garachico, Parque Rural de Anaga, and Candelaria. Enjoy plenty of photo stops along the way and travel in comfort in a private air-conditioned vehicle. The day starts with a convenient hotel pickup, and lunch, snacks, and coffee or tea are all included. Confirm the start time with the local provider ahead of time, and get ready for a day of unforgettable sights in Tenerife.
3. Tenerife Siam Water Park Full Day Vip Entry Ticket
Get your heart racing with a VIP ticket to Siam Park Tenerife. This thrilling theme park, located off the coast of Africa, features attractions that recreate the old Kingdom of Siam. With your VIP ticket, skip the lines at attractions and enjoy preferred access. Experience the Tower of Power vertical fall, the biggest man-made wave in the world, or float down a lazy river. Relax in your private cabin on the white sand beach equipped with sun beds, a private shower, and sofas. Stay fueled with all-inclusive alcoholic and soft drinks and meals at most bars. Don’t worry about the logistics as transfers are included, and towels can be rented on-site for a small fee. Don’t miss out on the adventure of a lifetime at Siam Park Tenerife.
4. Tenerife Beer Spa Experience With Tastings and Snacks
Treat yourself or a loved one to the Beer Spa Experience in Tenerife. Sink into relaxation and sip your way through beers while enjoying a bubble bath jacuzzi. The beer sauna and berley bed help you get rid of everyday stress and muscle tension. Enjoy traditional snacks and feel rejuvenated after a day of indulgence. The experience includes entry to the Beer Spa Experience, small snacks like cheese, beer jam, and chocolate, and beer while in the jacuzzi. Treatments are also available for purchase on-site. Note that the tour is not suitable for pregnant women or children under 18 years of age.
5. Loro Parque Entrance Ticket
Visit one of the most renowned zoological gardens in the world with the Loro Parque Entrance Ticket. This park is known for its exquisite beauty and focus on nature, making it a popular attraction for tourists visiting Tenerife. Within the park, you will witness four world-class presentations, including a spectacular whale presentation at Orca Ocean.
Admire the exotic vegetation, tropical palm trees, and traditional Thai architecture surrounding you as you explore the park’s animal habitats. Don’t miss the parrot and orca presentations, that will leave you in awe. Moreover, there is a Kinderlandia section that the kids would love. Also, the ticket includes the option to have lunch at one of the park’s three restaurants, including the Brunelli’s Steakhouse.
Embark on an adventure in Loro Parque with fantastic park entry ticket options that cater to all your needs. Purchase your ticket today to experience this extraordinary destination that is sure to create lasting memories of your Tenerife trip.
6. Loro Parque Siam Park 1 Ticket 2 Attractions
Spend a day at the Loro Parque, one of the most respected zoological gardens in the world, with a combined ticket for 2 attractions. Get up close with the animals and enjoy unforgettable shows such as the killer whale show at Orca Ocean. Loro Parque is known for its exceptional beauty, excellent facilities and installations, and focus on nature and the environment. Take the kids to Kinderlandia, explore the various animal habitats within the park, and witness the incredible parrot and orca shows. Additionally, experience the excitement and adventure at Siam Park, known as the water kingdom. With this combined ticket, you’ll have the chance to discover two of the best attractions in Tenerife!
7. Tenerife Twin Ticket Loro Parque Siam Park Bus
Visit 2 of Tenerife’s top family destinations at an exceptional price with the Tenerife Twin Ticket Loro Parque Siam Park Bus. You’ll get to explore Loro Parque zoo and see many bird species, orcas, and other animals, stroll through the orchid garden, and watch sea lion, dolphin, and parrot shows. You’ll also get to discover Siam Park, the island’s premier water park. Your experience includes hotel pickup and drop-off from Playa de Las Américas, Costa Adeje or Los Cristianos, entry tickets to both parks, a bus transfer to Loro Parque, and lunch. Please note that this activity is not suitable for pregnant women. Take advantage of this twin ticket and make the most of your time in Tenerife!
8. Puerto De La Cruz Friends and Couples Phone Adventure Date
Explore the streets of Santa Cruz de Tenerife with this smartphone tour that combines the excitement of a game with the fun of a city tour. Find 15 locations in the city and unlock content at each sight, while making finding locations simple with the in-app map feature. You’ll also get access to an extra bonus round for even more game challenges and puzzles. This tour is perfect for couples and friends looking to grow closer with creative tasks, questions, and challenges that focus on your relationship. Enjoy the bonus round with extra tasks and riddles, and make the most of your time in Tenerife. The tour includes the smartphone tour app, transportation, entry fees, and a guide. Don’t miss out on this unique adventure in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The content of the tour is in German.
9. Fly Fish
Fly over the waves on an exhilarating 10-minute fly fish ride, departing from several beaches in Tenerife. Similar to a banana boat, the fly fish is a triangular-shaped inflatable pulled by a speedboat, providing an exciting and sea-soaked experience. Before the ride, a safety briefing is given and life jackets are provided. With flexible departure options, this adventure is easy to fit into your vacation plans. The package includes all taxes, fees, and handling charges, as well as a driver/guide and hotel pickup and drop-off. The meeting point is Water Sports Tenerife in Adeje, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Join us for a fun, safe, and easy adventure on your Tenerife vacation.
10. Siam Park Admission Ticket
Experience the ancient kingdom of Siam relocated to Tenerife with a full-day admission ticket to Siam Park. Located in the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa, Siam Park is a thrilling theme park that recreates the old Kingdom of Siam. Get your adrenaline racing on numerous water attractions, including the Tower of Power vertical plunge, or relax on the 1150-foot white sand beach. Don’t miss the biggest man-made wave in the world. The ticket includes entrance to the park, and you can select additional options like lunch, lunch voucher, towels, and locker use. Get ready for an unforgettable experience in Tenerife with Siam Park.
11. From Arona Tenerife Quad Bike Off Road Adventure
Start your off-road adventure exploring the Tenerife region on a quad bike tour from Arona. Wind your way up to Villaflor along dirt paths surrounded by nature, while challenging your driving skills with a range of off-road paths. The experience includes approximately 90-minutes of exploration, with the total activity time being approximately 2.5-hours. Your guide will adapt the ride to the group’s driving skills and will provide clear safety instructions and assistance in driving the quad bike. The quad bikes are powerful and make climbing easy even with 2 people on them (maximum 180 kg or about 396 pounds). Enjoy this adrenaline-fueled adventure, but please note that the tour is not suitable for children under 7 years, pregnant women, or people with mobility impairments. Equipment, food and drinks, and hotel pickup and drop-off are included in this experience.
12. Santa Cruz De Tenerife Pyramids of Guimar Ethnographic Park
Visit the Pirámides de Güímar Ethnographic Park and Botanical Garden in Santa Cruz De Tenerife and explore the open-air museum with its six stepped pyramids that are oriented towards the sun on key astronomical dates. These strange lava rock formations from the 19th century AD are still shrouded in mystery and we invite you to discover more about them. Take in panoramic views of the pyramids and appreciate the beautiful flora in the botanical garden. With the ruins and natural landscape complementing each other beautifully, this is an experience that you won’t want to miss. The tour includes access to the pyramids, museum, and botanical garden. There is also an option of a premium visit where you get access to the poisonous garden and the Polynesian exhibition. Food and drinks are included, and you will also be picked up and dropped off at your hotel.
13. Tenerife Admission Tickets for Aqualand Costa Adeje
Tenerife Admission Tickets for Aqualand Costa Adeje allows visitors to experience the family water park and attractions suitable for all ages. The Tsunami and Cyclones are new themed attractions that opened in 2018. Take a ride on Rapids, Kamikazes, Flying Boats or Multisurf among others. Enjoy Volcano Spa, an open-air Jacuzzi or relax in the Wave Pool. Children have their own attractions such as Isla Pirata and Puerto Pirata, Pirate Island or the hot wave pool. The Dolphin Show, voted the best in the world, is the main attraction of the park. Admission includes entry to the park, use of all water rides, and parking. Optional add-ons like sun loungers, parasols, fast pass, and lockers are also available for additional fees. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
14. Tenerife 4 Hour Gauchinche Food Tour
Immerse yourself in Tenerife’s gastronomic culture on this four-hour guided tour of the best eateries on the North coast. The tour includes a visit to a traditional Guachinche where quality food and drink are served. Your expert guide will take you on a journey through local culture and gastronomy as you sample delicious Canarian wines paired with an assortment of Canarian cheeses at a local winery. Next, discover Tenerife’s gastronomy by savoring traditional food, choosing from a range of starters and rotisserie main courses at the selected Guachinche. Finally, visit a bodega and enjoy a glass of coffee as you admire views of the coast. The tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance tickets, wine and cheese tastings, food and drinks, and coffee. Please note that this tour is not suitable for wheelchairs.
Frequently Asked Questions About TenerifeIf you plan on traveling to the beautiful island of Tenerife, you likely have questions about the area. Here are the most frequently asked questions by tourists before visiting Tenerife.
1. What is the best time to visit Tenerife?The best time to visit Tenerife is during the winter months, from November to March. During this time, the temperature hovers around 70°F and there is minimal rainfall. If you’re looking for a summer vacation, make sure to visit Tenerife between April and October.
2. What are the top attractions in Tenerife?Tenerife has a variety of attractions for visitors to enjoy. Some of the most popular include:
- The beaches – Tenerife has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, including Playa de las Teresitas, Playa del Duque, and Playa de las Américas.
- Mount Teide – This is the highest point in Spain and is known for its breathtaking views.
- Loro Parque – This animal park has a variety of animals to see, including parrots, dolphins, and tigers.
- Siam Park – This water park has a variety of thrilling water rides and attractions.
- Whale and dolphin watching – Visitors can take a boat tour to see these beautiful animals up close.
3. What is the local currency in Tenerife?The local currency in Tenerife is the Euro. Visitors can easily exchange their currency at any bank or exchange office on the island.
4. What is the official language of Tenerife?The official language of Tenerife is Spanish. However, many locals also speak English and German, especially in tourist areas.
5. What is the time zone in Tenerife?Tenerife is on Western European Time (WET), which is one hour ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+1).
6. What is the weather like in Tenerife?Tenerife has a subtropical climate with warm temperatures all year round. The average temperature during the summer months is around 80°F, while the winter months average around 70°F. It is important to note that Tenerife can experience occasional rainfall throughout the year.
7. What is the best way to get around Tenerife?The best way to get around Tenerife is by car or bus. Visitors can easily rent a car from any major rental car agency at the airport or in major tourist areas. Buses are also a popular and affordable way to get around the island.
8. What is the nightlife like in Tenerife?Tenerife has a vibrant nightlife, especially in the southern part of the island. There are plenty of bars and nightclubs to choose from, especially in the popular tourist areas of Playa de las Américas and Los Cristianos.
9. Is it safe to travel to Tenerife?Tenerife is generally a safe destination for tourists. However, it is important to take the usual safety precautions, such as keeping your valuables safe and being aware of your surroundings.
10. What should I pack for a trip to Tenerife?Visitors to Tenerife should pack light, breathable clothing and comfortable shoes. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun. If you plan on visiting Mount Teide, make sure to bring a warm jacket and pants, as temperatures can drop significantly at the higher altitude.In conclusion, Tenerife is a beautiful destination with plenty of attractions to suit any visitor’s interests. By following these tips and recommendations, you can ensure a safe and memorable trip to this beautiful island.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in TenerifeTenerife is the biggest and most visited island of the Canary Islands, located in the Atlantic Ocean. It is a perfect destination for tourists, offering a unique combination of natural beauty, favorable weather, rich culture, and diverse culinary experiences. Tourists can enjoy a wide range of activities while on holiday in Tenerife. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Tenerife.
1. Visit the Siam ParkSiam Park is the largest water park in Europe, located in Costa Adeje, in the southern part of Tenerife. It is a perfect place for families, couples, and friends to have fun, relax, and enjoy the sun. The park offers a variety of attractions, including the famous Dragon and Tower of Power, the Mai Thai River, and the Wave Palace. There is also a beach in the park where visitors can relax, sunbathe, and swim.
2. Go to Teide National ParkTeide National Park is located on the island’s highest point, the Teide volcano, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors can take a cable car ride to the summit to enjoy the spectacular views of Tenerife and the neighboring islands. Moreover, the park is a perfect place for hiking, exploring the landscapes, and enjoying the natural beauty of the island.
3. Explore Colonial HistoryThe city of La Laguna is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most impressive colonial towns in the Canary Islands, reflecting a blend of Spanish and American colonial styles. Visitors can stroll along the cobblestone streets and admire the colorful colonial buildings, the beautiful churches, and the impressive museums. It is a perfect place to learn about the island’s history and culture.
4. Discover the BeachesTenerife has a variety of beautiful beaches, each with its unique features and charm. The beaches in the south are golden and sandy, with calm waters, perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing. The beaches in the north are a bit more rugged, with volcanic sand and wild waves, perfect for surfing or taking a long walk by the ocean.
5. Sample the Local CuisineTenerife has a unique culinary culture, with dishes inspired by Spanish, African, and Latin American cuisine. Visitors can enjoy a variety of foods, from fresh seafood, tapas, and Spanish omelets to local delicacies like Canarian bananas, mojo sauce, and papas arrugadas (wrinkled potatoes). Don’t forget to try the famous Tenerife wines.
6. Visit the Anaga Rural ParkAnaga Rural Park is located in the northeastern part of Tenerife and is a perfect place for hiking, cycling, and bird watching. The park’s lush forests, deep ravines, and dramatic cliffs create a unique landscape that is perfect for nature lovers. Moreover, the park is home to a variety of endemic species, including the Tenerife blue chaffinch.
7. Learn about Whales and DolphinsTenerife is one of the few places in the world where tourists can observe whales and dolphins in their natural habitat. Visitors can take a whale-watching tour and see these majestic creatures up close. Moreover, Tenerife is home to the Whale Museum, where visitors can learn about these amazing mammals and their habitats.
8. Enjoy the NightlifeTenerife has a vibrant nightlife, with a variety of bars, clubs, and restaurants that cater to a diverse clientele. The nightlife in the south is more lively and vibrant, with many open-air bars and clubs near the beach. In contrast, the nightlife in the north is more relaxed and traditional, with live music and dance performances.
Book Your Tour NowThere are so many things to do and see in Tenerife that tourists will never get bored. From exploring the natural beauty of the Teide National Park to enjoying the beaches or the local cuisine, there’s something for everyone. So, if you’re planning a trip to Tenerife, be sure to include these amazing activities in your itinerary.
Table of Contents