Santa Cruz, Aruba is a quaint and charming town that has become increasingly popular with tourists over the years. Located in the heart of the island, Santa Cruz offers visitors a unique blend of local culture, breathtaking natural beauty, and plenty of fun-filled activities. If you’re looking for an authentic Aruban experience, Santa Cruz should be at the top of your list. In this blog post, we’ll take you on a journey through the best attractions and things to do in Santa Cruz, Aruba. From exploring historical sites and natural wonders, to trying delicious local cuisine and thrilling adventures, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant Caribbean town. So buckle up and get ready to discover the best that Santa Cruz has to offer!
The 2 Best Romantic Things To Do In Santa Cruz Aruba
The 2 Best Romantic Things To Do In Santa Cruz Aruba
1. Aruba Discover the Natural Pool in a Utv Adventure
Navigate the rugged terrain of Aruba with an experienced guide on an exciting UTV adventure. Begin by getting picked up from your hotel in a comfortable, air-conditioned van and make your way to the depot to pick up your own UTV. Your guide will provide you with all the necessary equipment, including safety instructions and information on the local sights. Marvel at Aruba’s top attractions, including the Cave Pool, Baby Bridge, Bushiribana Gold Mine Ruins, and Blackstone Beach. Take a refreshing swim and savor the local coconut water included in the tour. The tour also covers the entrance fee to Arikok National Park ($11 per adult – free for children). Enjoy this adventure with your whole family and create unforgettable memories. The tour ends with drop-off back to your hotel.
2. Aruba De Palm Island Day Trip
Spend a day in paradise with a trip to De Palm Island, a must-visit destination when in Aruba. Enjoy all-inclusive access to the island’s amenities and activities, including snorkeling, banana boat rides, water park, and more. Relax on the beach with a tropical beverage served by the open bar and buffet, featuring authentic Caribbean fare. Indulge in some lounge time under a shaded cabana or pamper yourself with a soothing massage.
De Palm Island has something for everyone, whether you’re seeking thrilling adventures or a laid-back getaway. Kids can enjoy a new water park with two body-drop slides. Explore the island and surrounding coral reefs or simply bask in the sun on the sandy beach. With all the amenities and activities provided, De Palm Island is the perfect destination for a memorable day trip in Aruba.
Top Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Santa Cruz ArubaAre you planning your next vacation to Aruba? If yes, then the picturesque town of Santa Cruz should definitely be on your travel itinerary. In this blog post, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about the city of Santa Cruz, Aruba. This information will help you plan your trip and make the most out of your visit to this beautiful island destination.
1. Where is Santa Cruz Located in Aruba?Santa Cruz is a small historic town located in the southeast of Aruba. It is situated in the central part of the island, between the towns of Oranjestad and San Nicolas. The town is easily accessible by car or bus, and it takes about 20 minutes to reach Santa Cruz from Oranjestad.
2. What Are the Best Things to Do in Santa Cruz Aruba?There are plenty of exciting things to do in Santa Cruz for tourists of all ages. Here are some of the top attractions and activities that you can enjoy during your visit:
- Explore the Arikok National Park, which covers 18% of Aruba’s land area and is home to diverse flora and fauna.
- Visit the Guadirikiri Cave, famous for its two interconnected chambers that are filled with stalagmites and stalactites.
- Take a scenic hike or bike ride to the top of Hooiberg, a prominent hill that offers spectacular panoramic views of the island.
- Indulge in locally grown and freshly harvested produce at the Farmers’ Market.
- Unwind at Dos Playa, a serene and secluded beach that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing or having a picnic.
3. What is the Weather Like in Santa Cruz Aruba?Santa Cruz Aruba typically experiences a warm and sunny climate all year round, making it an ideal destination for vacationers. The average temperature in Santa Cruz ranges from 26-32°C (79-90°F) during the daytime and drops to 24-28°C (75-83°F) in the evenings. The holiday season from December to March experiences relatively lower humidity.
4. What is the Best Time to Visit Santa Cruz Aruba?The best time to visit Santa Cruz Aruba is during the “low season” from April to August, which is summer in Aruba. During this time, visitors can enjoy lower prices on accommodations, flights, and tour packages. The weather during this period remains pleasant, and humidity is relatively low, making it the perfect time to enjoy outdoor activities.
5. Where Can I Stay in Santa Cruz Aruba?Santa Cruz in Aruba is primarily a residential area with a limited number of accommodations options. However, tourists can find plenty of accommodation options in nearby towns like Oranjestad and San Nicolas. The hotels and resorts there offer excellent facilities and amenities for travelers.
6. Is it Safe to Visit Santa Cruz Aruba?Yes, Santa Cruz Aruba is a safe and peaceful place to visit. The town is known for its friendly locals and a low crime rate. However, it is wise to take standard precautions while traveling, such as not carrying too much cash, avoiding isolated areas at night, and securing your valuables.
7. How Can I Get Around Santa Cruz Aruba?The easiest and most convenient way to explore Santa Cruz and Aruba is by renting a car. Visitors can also use public transportation like buses and taxis, although their schedules may not be as frequent as in bigger towns like Oranjestad.
8. What Currency is Used in Aruba?The official currency of Aruba is the Aruban Florin (AWG), but the US dollar is widely accepted throughout the island. Travelers can exchange their currency at any of the banks or foreign-exchange bureaus in Aruba. Credit cards are also accepted widely across the island.
9. What Language is Spoken in Aruba?The official language of Aruba is Dutch, but the majority of the local people speak Papiamento, a creole language that is a mixture of Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, and African languages. English and Spanish are also commonly spoken across the island, especially in tourist areas like Santa Cruz.
10. What Are the Local Customs and Etiquettes in Aruba?Aruban culture is a mixture of Dutch, African, and Spanish influences. The locals are friendly and welcoming, and visitors are expected to follow basic customs and etiquettes during their stay. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Always greet people with a smile and a friendly ‘bon bini’ (welcome).
- It’s considered impolite to wear beachwear or casual attire when visiting churches or other religious places.
- Do not touch other’s heads as it is considered disrespectful in Aruba’s culture.
- When dining in a restaurant, always wait for the host to show you to your table.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Santa Cruz, ArubaAre you planning a vacation to Santa Cruz, Aruba? This is one of the most beautiful areas of Aruba and is perfect for tourists who want to experience stunning natural landscapes and exciting outdoor activities. In this guide, we will share with you some of the best things to do in Santa Cruz, Aruba, and how to spend your time here.
1. Visit Arikok National Park
Arikok National Park is a must-see attraction in Santa Cruz, Aruba. The park covers almost 20 percent of the island and is home to a unique variety of flora and fauna, including cacti, wild donkeys, and iguanas. Hike one of the numerous trails in the park, stop at one of the scenic viewpoints, and climb to the top of the Hooiberg for a breathtaking view of the island.
2. Go on a Snorkeling or Diving Adventure
The crystal clear waters surrounding Santa Cruz offer some of the best snorkeling and diving experiences in the Caribbean. Grab your snorkeling gear, rent a boat, and explore the vibrant coral reefs and colorful marine life. The Antilla Wreck, one of the largest shipwrecks in the Caribbean basin, is also a popular spot for diving enthusiasts.
3. Visit the Aruba Ostrich Farm
The Aruba Ostrich Farm is a unique attraction that offers visitors the opportunity to see and learn about these giant birds up close. Take a guided tour of the farm, feed the ostriches, and even ride one of the birds if you are feeling adventurous!
4. Relax on the Beaches
Santa Cruz, Aruba is well-known for its white sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters. Take a dip in the ocean, soak up the sun, and enjoy the stunning scenery. Some of the best beaches in the area include Baby Beach, Mangel Halto Beach, and Rodgers Beach.
5. Take a Horseback Riding Tour
For a unique way to explore Santa Cruz, why not take a horseback riding tour? You will ride through the Aruban countryside, cross cultural landmarks, and learn about the area’s history and culture. Aruba is known for its sturdy and gentle horses, and the Santa Cruz area is no exception.
6. Learn about Local Culture at the National Archaeological Museum Aruba
The National Archaeological Museum Aruba is a fantastic place to learn about the island’s history and culture. The museum’s exhibits showcase the region’s earliest inhabitants and explore the various groups that have inhabited the island over time. Take a guided tour or wander through the museum on your own to learn about the island’s fascinating past.
7. Go on a UTV Adventure
For an exciting day trip, rent a UTV and explore the rugged terrain of Santa Cruz, Aruba. You will drive through the Aruban countryside, cross creeks and canyons, and see the island from a whole new perspective. With a variety of terrains to explore, from rocky hills to sandy beaches, this is an adventure you won’t forget.
8. Take a Guided Eco-Tour
Santa Cruz, Aruba is full of unique flora and fauna, and a guided eco-tour is an excellent way to explore the area’s natural beauty. Trained guides will show you some of the most beautiful and secluded parts of the island, including hidden beaches, hidden caves, and unique wildlife.
Book Your Tour Now
Santa Cruz, Aruba is a fantastic destination for tourists looking to experience the island’s natural beauty and activities. With so much to do and see, you will never run out of things to do in Santa Cruz, Aruba. Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, this area of Aruba has something for everyone. So pack your bags, grab your hat and sunglasses, and head on over to Santa Cruz, Aruba for the vacation of a lifetime!
Table of Contents