Welcome to the live music capital of the world, Austin, Texas! With its vibrant nightlife, incredible craft beer and local distilleries, this city is perfect for pub crawls. There’s always a new bar or brewery popping up around every corner, and the city’s love for all things local adds an extra layer of fun to exploring its many watering holes. If you’re looking for a fun night out on the town, look no further than our list of the best pub crawls in Austin. We’ve rounded up the best places to grab a drink, meet new people, and get a taste of Austin’s unique spirit. So let’s raise a glass and explore this city’s nightlife scene!
The 3 Best Pub Tours in Austin
- Austin: Haunted Pub Crawl Walking Tour
- Austin Haunted Pub Crawl Walking Tour
- Haunted Austin Ghost and Pub Walking Tour
The 3 Best Pub Tours in Austin
1. Austin: Haunted Pub Crawl Walking Tour
Embark on an adventure through Austin’s most historic and haunted bars and pubs with this Haunted Pub Crawl Walking Tour. With a knowledgeable guide leading the way, you’ll enjoy a lovely stroll while uncovering some terrifying tales of the Old West days of Austin. Explore the eerie history of The Driskill Hotel and Buffalo Billiards while sipping on delicious drinks and indulging in local food. Please note that this tour is not suitable for those under 21 years of age. Join in and experience the spooky atmosphere of Austin’s past like never before.
2. Austin Haunted Pub Crawl Walking Tour
Get ready to dive into Austin’s spooky history and uncover its unexplained happenings on this haunted pub crawl walking tour. This interactive two-in-one tour includes a ghost tour and pub crawl, perfect for those who want to experience the eerie side of Austin while visiting some of its most atmospheric drinking dens. Our knowledgeable guide will take you on a journey through the streets of Austin to multiple bars and historical landmarks, all while sharing chilling ghost stories unique to the city. Feel free to order drinks (own expense) and enjoy the ambiance of each stop. The tour starts at 7:00 PM at Moonshine Grill, located at 303 Red River St, Austin, TX 78701, and ends at The Driskill Bar at 604 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to explore Austin’s spookiest ghost stories and hippest bars!
3. Haunted Austin Ghost and Pub Walking Tour
Experience the spookier side of Austin on this haunted ghost and pub walking tour. Join no more than 20 guests on a 2.5 hour walking tour through historic Downtown Austin, stopping at bars along the way that are housed in some of the city’s most legendary haunted buildings. Your knowledgeable guide will regale you with the chilling ghost stories and haunted history of Austin throughout the tour. While you’ll need to purchase your own drinks along the way, the eerie tales are included. Meet at a centrally-located bar on East Sixth Street in Downtown Austin for an evening you won’t soon forget.
Discovering Austin: Answers to the Most Frequently Asked QuestionsAustin is a vibrant and exciting city with a rich culture and a unique mix of history, art, music, and technology. This thriving metropolis is a top tourist destination for people from all around the world. If you’re planning a trip to Austin, you likely have a lot of questions about what to see, where to go, and what to do. In this post, we will answer the most frequently asked questions about Austin to help you make the most out of your visit.
1. What is the best time to visit Austin?The best time to visit Austin is during the springtime from March to May, or in the fall from September to November. During these months, the weather is mild and pleasant, and most of the festivals and events happen during this period. Summers in Austin can be pretty hot and humid, with average temperatures reaching 90°F (32°C). Winters are generally mild, with occasional cold spells.
2. What are the must-visit tourist attractions in Austin?Austin is home to an amazing mix of attractions, and there is plenty to do for every age group and interest. Some of the must-visit tourist attractions in Austin include:
2.1 Texas State Capitol
The Texas State Capitol is a majestic building with stunning architecture and beautiful grounds. Visitors can take guided tours and learn about the history and politics of Texas.
2.2 Lady Bird Lake
Lady Bird Lake is a scenic reservoir located in the heart of downtown Austin. Visitors can go kayaking, paddleboarding, or take a leisurely stroll on the trails.
2.3 Barton Springs Pool
Barton Springs Pool is a natural swimming pool that’s fed by underground springs. The water is always clear and cool, making it a great spot to cool off during hot summer days.
2.4 The Blanton Museum of Art
The Blanton Museum of Art is an impressive museum that houses more than 18,000 works of art from various collections around the world.
2.5 Zilker Park
Zilker Park is a huge urban park that offers various activities, including hiking, biking, swimming, and even attending music and cultural events.
3. Where can I find the best BBQ in Austin?Austin is world-renowned for its BBQ, with a plethora of restaurants to choose from. Some of the best BBQ spots in Austin include:
3.1 Franklin Barbecue
Franklin Barbecue is a legendary BBQ joint in Austin, and is often considered the best BBQ in the world. Visitors should be prepared to wait in long lines, but the melt-in-your-mouth brisket is worth it.
3.2 Terry Black’s BBQ
Terry Black’s BBQ is an Austin staple that offers high-quality brisket, ribs, and sausage. The restaurant has a casual atmosphere and is perfect for families.
3.3 Rudy’s BBQ
Rudy’s BBQ is a chain restaurant that offers delicious BBQ at an affordable price. Customers can order meat by the pound or pick up some tasty sides.
4. How do I get around Austin?The easiest way to get around Austin is by car, but there are other options such as public transportation, ride-sharing services, and biking. Austin has a bike-share program called B-Cycle, where you can rent a bike and explore the city on two wheels. The Capital Metro offers bus and metro rail services, and ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft operate in Austin.
5. What are the best music festivals in Austin?Austin is known as the Live Music Capital of the World, and there are many music festivals throughout the year. Some of the best music festivals in Austin include:
5.1 South by Southwest (SXSW)
SXSW is an annual festival that celebrates film, music, and technology. Visitors can attend concerts, film screenings, and interactive events.
5.2 Austin City Limits (ACL)
Austin City Limits is a yearly music festival that takes place over two weekends in October. The festival showcases various genres of music and attracts visitors from all over the world.
5.3 Fun Fun Fun Fest
Fun Fun Fun Fest is an eclectic music festival that features everything from punk rock to hip hop. The festival also offers food trucks, a skate ramp, and comedy acts.