Looking for a fun and adventurous way to experience the nightlife in Addis Ababa? Look no further than a pub crawl! Addis Ababa is known for its vibrant music scene and unique bars, making it the perfect destination for a pub crawl. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back evening with friends or a wild night out, there’s something for everyone on our list of the best pub crawls in Addis Ababa. From hidden speakeasies to rooftop bars with stunning views, we’ve got you covered. So grab your friends and get ready to explore the best of Addis Ababa’s nightlife scene!
The 1 Best Pub Tours in Addis Ababa
The 1 Best Pub Tours in Addis Ababa
1. 4-5 Hours Free Entrance Pub Crawl in Addis Ababa
Starting at 6:00 PM, this 4-5 hour pub crawl in Addis Ababa is the perfect way to experience the city’s vibrant nightlife scene. Your professional guide will pick you up from your hotel lobby and take you to three different pubs where you will receive one free drink at each location. Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity to mingle with locals and other travelers, enjoying a fun and social evening out.
In addition to the drinks, the pub crawl includes dinner at one of the locations. Transportation pick-up and drop-off is also provided for your convenience. This is a wheelchair-accessible tour and is located close to public transportation. Please note that it is not recommended for individuals with back problems, pregnant travelers, or those with serious medical conditions.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will unfortunately not be refunded. Join us for an unforgettable evening of fun and socializing in Addis Ababa!
Frequently Asked Questions About Addis AbabaAddis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia, is a vibrant city that offers a unique blend of culture, history, and modernity. As a tourist destination, it has a lot to offer. However, tourists have several questions and concerns regarding their travel and stay in the city. In this article, we will cover the most frequently asked questions related to Addis Ababa.
1. Is Addis Ababa safe for tourists?Safety is a primary concern for any tourist while traveling to a new city. Addis Ababa, like any other big city, has its share of petty theft and pickpocket incidents. However, the city is generally safe for tourists if they take necessary precautions such as avoiding carrying large sums of money or expensive jewelry, not flashing expensive cameras/stuff in public places and staying in well-lit areas at night. Tourists can also take local taxis or ask their hotel to arrange for private transportation for them.
2. What is the Best time to visit Addis Ababa?The best time to visit Addis Ababa is from October to March. During this time, the weather is pleasant, and there is a low chance of rainfall. The temperature during this period ranges from 16°C to 25°C. However, one should keep in mind that this is also the peak tourist season, and hotel rates tend to be higher than usual. If tourists want to avoid crowds and have a lower budget, they can visit the city between June to September when the weather is a bit warm and wet but it also brings discounts and less crowd in tourist sites.
3. What is the local currency in Addis Ababa?The local currency in Addis Ababa is the Ethiopian Birr (ETB). Tourists can exchange their currencies at the airport or many authorized banks and foreign exchange bureaus in the city. ATMs are also available that accept international cards, but it’s always good to check with your bank if there are any foreign transaction fees.
4. What are the Must-visit tourist attractions in Addis Ababa?Addis Ababa is home to several must-visit tourist attractions. Here are a few of them:- The National Museum of Ethiopia
– The Ethiopian National Palace
– The Holy Trinity Cathedral
– The Red Terror Martyrs Memorial Museum
– Merkato Market
– The Entoto Mountains
5. What is the local language spoken in Addis Ababa?The official language of Addis Ababa and Ethiopia is Amharic. However, English is also widely spoken in the city, and tourists can communicate with locals in English comfortably. Knowing a few basic phrases in Amharic can be a boon for tourists to interact with locals, and they will appreciate it.
6. What should be my budget for a trip to Addis Ababa?The cost of a trip to Addis Ababa depends on a lot of factors such as the number of days you plan to visit, your accommodation preference, food, transportation and activities you want to do. A daily budget of around $50 – $100 should cover expenses such as meals, transport, and accommodation. However, if you want to stay in luxury hotels, go for expensive activities or business travel, you may need to adjust your budget accordingly.
7. What are the traditional dresses in Addis Ababa, and can tourists wear them?The traditional dresses in Addis Ababa and Ethiopia are called Habesha Kemis or Habesha Dress. These dresses are made of handwoven cotton and decorated with colorful embroidery. Habesha dresses are worn by both men and women, and tourists are free to wear them too but it is not common to do so. However, it’s always better to respect the local culture and norms by dressing appropriately and modestly when you are visiting cultural or religious sites.
8. What is the nightlife scene like in Addis Ababa?Addis Ababa has a vibrant nightlife scene, and there are several clubs, bars, and restaurants that tourists can visit. One of the most popular nightlife areas is Bole, where many establishments cater to tourists and locals alike. However, as a tourist, it’s always better to stay alert and avoid getting drunk, letting loose or go out alone late at night.
9. What are the transportation options available for tourists in Addis Ababa?Addis Ababa has several transportation options for tourists, and the most common one is the taxi. Tourists can also use public transportation like buses, minibusses, or light rail transit system, but it is advisable to seek guidance or advice from locals to avoid being scammed or to avoid getting lost. You can also opt for rental cars, and some hotels also provide transportation services for their guests.
10. What should I know about the local Customs and traditions before visiting Addis Ababa?Ethiopia has a rich culture and many traditions that tourists should be aware of before visiting. Ethiopians value family and community and have a strong sense of hospitality towards guests. Greetings and respecting older people are important etiquettes in the country. It’s also good to note that Ethiopians celebrate their New Year, Christmas, and other festive events in their unique way, which could be a great opportunity for tourists to experience and enjoy the local culture.In conclusion, Addis Ababa is an exciting city that offers a unique experience to tourists. By taking necessary precautions, respecting local customs, and knowing the right information, tourists can have a memorable and hassle-free journey in the city that they will never forget.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Addis AbabaAddis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia, is one of the most vibrant cities in Africa. It has a rich history and culture, as well as a bustling modern atmosphere. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, Addis Ababa has something to offer. Here are some tips on how to make the most out of your time in Addis Ababa:
1. Visit Museums
Addis Ababa is home to several museums that showcase the city’s history and culture. The most popular museum is the National Museum of Ethiopia, which houses ancient artifacts, including the famous Lucy skeleton. Another must-visit museum is the Ethnological Museum, which is located on the campus of Addis Ababa University. Here, you can learn about the different ethnic groups of Ethiopia and their way of life.
2. Explore Local Markets
To get a taste of the local culture, you must visit the local markets. The most famous market is the Merkato, which is one of the largest open-air markets in Africa. Here, you can find everything from traditional Ethiopian clothes and jewelry to local spices and coffee. Be prepared for the hustle and bustle of the market, and don’t be afraid to bargain with the vendors.
3. Enjoy the Food
Ethiopian cuisine is famous for its unique and flavorful dishes. Make sure to try the national dish, injera, which is a sourdough flatbread served with different stews and curries. You can find authentic Ethiopian restaurants all over the city, but if you want to try something different, head to the food court of the Edna Mall, which has a wide variety of international cuisines.
4. Attend Cultural Events
Addis Ababa is a hub of cultural events, from music festivals to traditional dance performances. Check out the schedule of the Ethiopian National Theatre or the Addis Ababa Stadium to see what events are happening during your visit. You can also attend the annual Timkat festival, which is celebrated across Ethiopia and involves colorful processions and traditional rituals.
5. Visit Religious Sites
Ethiopia is a deeply religious country, and Addis Ababa has several important religious sites. The most famous is the Holy Trinity Cathedral, which is the final resting place of Emperor Haile Selassie and several other notable Ethiopian figures. Another important religious site is the Anwar Mosque, which is one of the largest mosques in Africa and a beautiful example of Islamic architecture.
6. Take a Day Tour
If you have time, we recommend taking a day tour to nearby attractions. One popular destination is the Debre Libanos monastery, which is located a few hours outside of Addis Ababa and has stunning views of the surrounding canyon. Another popular destination is the Blue Nile Gorge, which is one of the largest canyons in the world and a great spot for hiking and camping.
7. Learn About Coffee
Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee, and Addis Ababa has several coffee shops and cafes where you can learn about the different types of coffee and their preparation methods. One popular spot is Tomoca Coffee, which has been serving coffee since 1953 and is considered one of the best coffee shops in the city.
Book Your Tour Now
Addis Ababa is a vibrant and exciting city that has something to offer for everyone. From museums and markets to food and cultural events, there is no shortage of things to do and see. We hope that these tips will help you make the most out of your time in Addis Ababa and create unforgettable memories.
Table of Contents