Ghent, a charming city in Belgium, is known for its lively pub culture and picturesque streets. If you’re looking for a fun way to explore the city, a pub crawl is the perfect option. With so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide which ones to visit. That’s why we’ve done the research for you and put together a list of the best pub crawls in Ghent. Whether you’re a beer enthusiast or just looking for a good time, these pub crawls are sure to offer a memorable experience in this vibrant city. So, grab your friends and get ready to explore the best pubs and bars Ghent has to offer.
The 1 Best Pub Crawling Tours in Ghent
The 1 Best Pub Crawling Tours in Ghent
1. Ghent: Discover Belgium’s Beer World with a Young Local
Join this exciting beer tasting adventure in Ghent and discover Belgium’s rich brewing tradition with a passionate local guide. Visit a variety of venues, including hidden gems and craft breweries, and participate in a fun and original beer game that will guarantee a great time. Taste the real flavors of hops and malts, as well as sweet local delicacies and artisan chocolates, while learning about the history and origin of beer. Immerse yourself in the authentic atmosphere of a medieval Belgian bar and experience the city’s most popular bars. With an expert guide, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at the delicious Belgian beers and learn how to pair them with different types of chocolate. Book this tour today and get ready to discover Ghent’s beer world like a local!
Frequently Asked Questions About GhentIf you are planning to visit Ghent in Belgium, you might have some questions in your mind. This charming city has a lot to offer to its visitors, from cultural attractions to delicious food and drinks. To help you make the most out of your trip, we have compiled a list of some of the most frequently asked questions about Ghent.
1. Where is Ghent located?Ghent is a historic city located in the Flemish region of Belgium, about 30 miles northwest of Brussels. It is the capital and largest city of the East Flanders province.
2. What is the best time to visit Ghent?Ghent can be visited all year round, but the best time to visit is during the summer months from June to September when the weather is warm and sunny, and there are plenty of outdoor events and festivals. However, it’s important to note that this is also peak tourist season, so be prepared for big crowds.
3. How can I get around in Ghent?Ghent is a relatively small city, and most attractions are within walking distance of each other. However, if you prefer to use public transportation, the city has an excellent tram and bus network. You can purchase tickets from vending machines or kiosks located at tram and bus stops.
4. What are the must-see attractions in Ghent?Ghent has a rich cultural heritage, and there are plenty of attractions to see. Some of the must-see attractions include:
- The Castle of the Counts
- Saint Bavo’s Cathedral
- The Belfry of Ghent
- Ghent’s Béguinages
- St. Nicholas’ Church
- The Ghent Altarpiece
- The Museum of Fine Arts
5. What is the food like in Ghent?Belgium is known for its delicious food and drinks, and Ghent is no exception. Some of the must-try foods in Ghent include:
- Waterzooi – a creamy stew made with fish or chicken
- Stoofvlees – a beef stew cooked in beer
- Waffles – crispy and sweet waffles topped with sugar or chocolate
- Beer – Ghent has a thriving craft beer scene, and there are plenty of local breweries to try
6. What is the nightlife like in Ghent?Ghent has a vibrant nightlife scene, with plenty of bars, pubs, and clubs to choose from. Most of the nightlife is concentrated around the historic center of the city, and it can get quite lively on weekends.
7. What should I pack for my trip to Ghent?What you pack will depend on the time of year you are visiting. If you are visiting during the summer months, be sure to pack light and breathable clothing, sunscreen, and a hat. If you are visiting during the winter months, bring warm clothing, a coat, and a scarf.
8. What is the currency used in Ghent?Belgium is part of the Eurozone, so the official currency used in Ghent is the Euro. Most establishments will accept credit cards, but it’s always a good idea to carry some cash with you.
9. Is Ghent a safe city?Ghent is a relatively safe city, but like any city, it’s always a good idea to take precautions. Be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your belongings, especially in crowded areas.
10. What are some day trips I can take from Ghent?Ghent is located in the heart of Flanders, making it a great base for exploring the region. Some of the popular day trips from Ghent include:
- Bruges – a picturesque medieval town known for its canals and chocolate shops
- Antwerp – a vibrant city famous for its art, fashion, and diamond industry
- Brussels – the capital city of Belgium known for its beer, chocolate, and waffles
- Ypres – a historic town famous for its role in World War I
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in GhentAre you planning a trip to Ghent and wondering what to do and where to go? Look no further! This guide will take you through some of the top activities and attractions in this beautiful Belgian city. From historical landmarks to delicious cuisine, there’s something for everyone in Ghent.
1. Visit Gravensteen CastleOne of the most popular tourist attractions in Ghent is Gravensteen Castle. This medieval castle dates back to the 12th century and has been restored to its former glory. Visitors can take a guided tour through the castle and learn about its history and the lives of the people who once lived here. The castle also offers stunning views over the city from its tower.
2. Explore the Old TownGhent’s Old Town is a beautiful and historic part of the city that is perfect for exploring on foot. Wander through cobbled streets and admire the beautiful architecture, or stop in a cozy café for a coffee or Belgian beer. The Old Town is home to many of Ghent’s famous landmarks, including St. Bavo’s Cathedral and the Belfry.
3. Try Some Local CuisineBelgium is known for its delicious cuisine, and Ghent is no exception. There are plenty of local dishes to try, including stoofvlees (beef stew), waterzooi (a creamy chicken or fish soup), and of course, Belgian waffles. There are also many great restaurants and food stalls throughout the city, so be sure to try as much as you can.
4. Take a Canal TourOne of the best ways to see the city is by boat. Ghent has several canals running through it, and there are several tour companies that offer boat tours. These tours offer a unique perspective on the city, and you’ll see many of the top landmarks and attractions from the water.
5. Visit St. Bavo’s CathedralSt. Bavo’s Cathedral is one of the most impressive landmarks in Ghent. This Gothic-style cathedral dates back to the 14th century and features stunning stained-glass windows and intricate carvings. Visitors can also see the famous Ghent Altarpiece, a masterpiece of medieval art.
6. Visit the BelfryThe Belfry is another iconic landmark in Ghent. This medieval tower offers panoramic views over the city and is a must-visit for anyone interested in architecture and history. Visitors can climb the 366 steps to the top for a stunning view of the city.
7. Take a Day Trip to BrugesWhile Ghent has plenty to offer, it’s also a great base for exploring the surrounding area. Just a short train ride away is the picturesque city of Bruges. This charming city is famous for its canals, cobbled streets, and medieval architecture. It’s a great place to spend a day and explore at a leisurely pace.
8. Visit the SMAK MuseumFor art lovers, the SMAK Museum is a must-visit. This contemporary art museum features works from some of the world’s top artists, including Francis Bacon and Andy Warhol. The museum also hosts temporary exhibitions throughout the year, so there’s always something new to see.
9. Take a Day Trip to BrusselsAnother great day trip from Ghent is the Belgian capital of Brussels. This bustling city is home to many famous landmarks, including the Atomium, the Manneken Pis statue, and the Grand Place. There are also plenty of shops, restaurants, and bars to explore.
10. Try Some Belgian ChocolateBelgium is famous for its chocolate, and Ghent is no exception. There are many chocolatiers throughout the city, offering everything from traditional pralines to innovative flavor combinations. Be sure to try some during your visit!
Book Your Tour NowGhent is a beautiful and historic city with plenty to offer visitors. From medieval castles to delicious cuisine, there’s something for everyone in Ghent. Whether you’re interested in history, art, or just soaking up the atmosphere, this city is definitely worth a visit. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Ghent today!
Table of Contents