How to Plan Your Vienna Go City Explorer Pass for Up to 7 AttractionsIf you’re planning a trip to Vienna, a city known for its musical heritage, historical places, and coffee culture, you should definitely consider getting the Vienna Go City Explorer Pass. This digital pass is the ultimate solution to gain access to Vienna’s top attractions and tours with ease. Here’s how you can plan your Vienna Go City Explorer Pass for up to 7 attractions.
ExperienceWith the Vienna Explorer Pass, you get to choose 2 to 7 of Vienna’s top attractions from over 45 hand-picked activities and tours, all in one easy-to-use digital pass. From bus tours to museum entries, walking tours to boat rides, there’s something for everyone. You’ll save up to 35% compared to buying separate tickets, so it’s a perfect deal for budget travelers who want to make the most out of their stay in Vienna.
HighlightsHere are a few highlights that you can experience with the Vienna Go City Explorer Pass:
- Enjoy a hop-on-hop-off bus tour and see Vienna’s top attractions at your own pace.
- Visit the iconic Schönbrunn Palace, the summer residence of the Habsburg monarchs.
- Explore the natural history museum and learn about the earth’s evolution and the diversity of life.
- Learn the secrets of the Viennese coffee culture and try the famous Sachertorte cake during a walking tour.
- Discover the lavish lives of Austro-Hungarian emperors during a guided tour of Hofburg Imperial Palace.
Planning Your PassTo get started, head to the Vienna Go City Explorer Pass website where you can purchase your pass. You can choose between different durations: one day, two days or three days. Then, you need to select the number of attractions you want to visit, ranging from 2 to 7 attractions. Once you have made the payment, your pass will be sent to your email.
Using Your PassNow that you have your pass, it’s time to make the most of it. The first thing you need to do is download the pass on your mobile device through the Vienna Explorer Pass app. The app also includes a digital guide to all the included attractions, tours, and instructions on how to book the ones that require advance reservations. When you’re ready to visit an attraction, simply present your pass at the entrance, and you’re good to go. The pass will be scanned, and you’ll be able to access the attraction or tour without any additional payment.
BenefitsThere are several benefits of using the Vienna Go City Explorer Pass:
- You’ll save money by purchasing a single pass instead of separate tickets for each attraction.
- It’s convenient as you don’t have to buy tickets at each attraction, just scan your pass and move on.
- You’ll have the flexibility to choose the number of attractions you want to visit from a list of more than 45.
- You’ll have 60 days to use your pass, starting from the day of your first attraction visit. So, you don’t have to rush into seeing everything in just one day.
- You’ll get a digital guide with important information on each attraction and tour, including maps, directions and opening hours.
Book Your Pass NowDon’t wait until the last minute to book your Vienna Go City Explorer Pass. Head to the official website, and purchase your pass today. Remember, the pass is digital, so you don’t have to worry about receiving it on time. Once you’ve downloaded the pass to your mobile device, you’re all set to start exploring Vienna’s top attractions and tours! Book the tour here.
Book Your Tour NowThe Vienna Go City Explorer Pass is a perfect way to save time, money, and effort when visiting Vienna’s top attractions and tours. The pass is suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families with children. We hope this guide has helped you plan your Vienna Go City Explorer Pass for up to 7 attractions, and we wish you a pleasant and enjoyable visit to Vienna.
Frequently Asked Questions About Vienna
1. What is Vienna?Vienna is the capital and largest city of Austria, situated in the east of the country. It is a cultural and economic hub with a rich history, world-class museums, stunning architecture, and famous landmarks such as the Schoenbrunn Palace and St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
2. How do I get to Vienna?Vienna has an international airport, Vienna International Airport, which is well-connected to major cities around the world. You can also travel to Vienna by train, bus or car from nearby European countries.
3. What is the currency used in Vienna?The currency used in Vienna is the Euro (€).
4. What is the best time to visit Vienna?The best time to visit Vienna is during the spring and autumn months (April to May and September to October) when the weather is mild and there are fewer tourists. However, Vienna is a year-round destination with something to offer in every season.
5. What are the top sights and attractions in Vienna?Vienna is home to many impressive sights and attractions, including:
- Schoenbrunn Palace
- St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Hofburg Palace
- The Spanish Riding School
- Belvedere Palace
- The Vienna State Opera
- The Kunsthistorisches Museum
- The Museum Quarter
6. What is the Vienna Pass?The Vienna Pass is a sightseeing card that gives you free entry to over 60 of Vienna’s top attractions, as well as unlimited use of public transport. It also includes skip-the-line access at some of the busiest sites, allowing you to save time and avoid queues.
7. What is Viennese cuisine?Viennese cuisine is a mixture of traditions from Austria’s neighbouring countries, including Germany, Hungary and the Czech Republic. Some famous dishes include Wiener Schnitzel (breaded and fried veal or pork), Tafelspitz (boiled beef), and Kaiserschmarrn (shredded pancakes with fruit compote).
8. What is Vienna famous for?Vienna is famous for its architecture, classical music, coffee culture, and imperial heritage. It is home to many landmarks and attractions that are recognized around the world, such as the Schoenbrunn Palace, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, and the Vienna State Opera.
9. What is the coffee culture in Vienna like?Vienna has a rich history and tradition of coffee culture, with many coffee houses dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries. Viennese coffee houses are known for their elegant interiors, relaxed atmosphere, and extensive menus featuring a range of hot and cold drinks, cakes, and light meals.
10. What is the nightlife like in Vienna?Vienna has a vibrant nightlife scene, with many bars, clubs, and music venues catering to a range of tastes and styles. The city is particularly well-known for its classical music scene, with concerts and performances taking place throughout the year.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Vienna?Vienna is the capital city of Austria and a highly recommended destination for tourists. The city has a rich history, breathtaking architecture, and stunning museums. Additionally, Vienna is famous for its music performances and incredible cuisine. There are a lot of things to do and places to visit in Vienna, and if you are planning a trip to this mesmerizing city, you need to know how to spend your time efficiently.
1. Visit Vienna’s Historical SitesVienna is rich in history, and there are numerous historical sites to visit. Some of the must-see attractions include:
Schönbrunn PalaceThe UNESCO world heritage site is an imperial palace and home to the famous Habsburg dynasty. You can tour the palace and the magnificent gardens surrounding it. While there, make sure to check out the palace’s zoo, which is one of the oldest zoos globally, and see the penguins, koalas, and giant pandas.
St. Stephen’s CathedralSt. Stephen’s Cathedral is one of Vienna’s most iconic landmarks. With its diamond-patterned roof, this 12th-century cathedral is a must-see destination. Climbing 343 steps to the tower offers a fantastic view of the city.
Hofburg PalaceThe former imperial palace offers a glimpse into the opulent lives of the Habsburg dynasty. There are numerous exhibits in the palace, including the Sisi Museum, which showcases the life of Empress Elisabeth, and the Silver Collection, which displays the exquisite silverware used in the palace.
2. Explore Vienna’s MuseumsIn addition to its historical sites, Vienna is also home to numerous museums that are worth a visit. Some of the most popular include:
The Natural History MuseumThe Natural History Museum, located next to the Kunsthistorisches Museum, has an extensive collection of dinosaur skeletons, fossils, and minerals. This museum is perfect for families, with numerous interactive exhibits for children.
The Kunsthistorisches MuseumThe Kunsthistorisches Museum is home to one of the world’s most extensive and most important collections of art, including works by Van Gogh, Caravaggio, and Titian.
The Belvedere Palace MuseumThe Belvedere Palace Museum is a must-visit for art enthusiasts. The museum’s extensive collection includes Gustav Klimt’s famous painting “The Kiss.”
3. Attend a Music PerformanceVienna is famous for its classical music performances, and it’s worth attending one while in the city. Some of the most popular musical events include:
Vienna State OperaThe Vienna State Opera is one of the most famous opera houses globally, and it’s worth attending a performance. The building’s interior is breathtaking, and the acoustics are perfect for listening to the opera.
The Vienna Philharmonic OrchestraThe Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra performs regularly at the Musikverein. The orchestra primarily plays the works of famous Austrian composers like Mozart, Haydn, and Beethoven.
4. Experience Vienna’s Culinary DelightsVienna’s cuisine is a unique mixture of traditional and modern dishes. Some of the must-try foods include:
SachertorteSachertorte is a dense chocolate cake with a layer of apricot jam. This cake is a Viennese specialty and is served with whipped cream.
TafelspitzTafelspitz is a traditional Austrian dish of boiled beef, served with horseradish sauce and root vegetable mash.
Wiener SchnitzelThe Wiener Schnitzel is one of Austria’s most famous dishes. This dish is made of breaded and fried veal, served with potato salad or fries.
5. Take a Walk in Vienna’s ParksVienna has numerous beautiful parks and gardens worth visiting. Some of the most popular include:
The PraterThe Prater is a large park in Vienna that has an amusement park, restaurants, and numerous walking trails. One of the most famous attractions in the park is the 212-foot-tall Ferris wheel, offering a breathtaking view of the city.
The Vienna WoodsThe Vienna Woods are a beautiful destination for nature lovers. The woods have numerous walking trails and bike paths, and it’s a perfect place to escape the city.
The AugartenThe Augarten is a baroque-style garden that is home to two famous attractions: the Augarten Porcelain Manufacture and the Vienna Boys Choir.
Final ThoughtsVienna is a beautiful city with a lot to offer for tourists. From its historical sites, museums, and music performances to its culinary delights and beautiful parks, there is no shortage of activities to enjoy. This guide should help you plan your itinerary and make the most out of your trip to the mesmerizing city of Vienna.
Table of Contents