How to Plan Your Tour from Ljubljana to Bled LakeIf you’re visiting Ljubljana, Slovenia, going on a private day trip to Bled Lake should definitely be on your to-do list. This stunning lake is surrounded by mountains, a medieval castle, and an island with a charming church. You can take a tour that starts from Ljubljana and includes a private guide to show you the best viewpoints and tell you about the history of the lake. Here’s how to plan your tour from Ljubljana to Bled Lake.
Book Your Tour in AdvanceThe best way to make sure you don’t miss out on this experience is to book your tour in advance. You can do this online at the GetYourGuide website using the link here. The tour is private, so it’s only for you and your group, which means you have more control over what you see and how long you stay at each place. You’ll also be picked up at your hotel or guesthouse in Ljubljana and dropped off when it’s over.
Choose Your ActivitiesThere are a few options for what to do when you arrive at Bled Lake. First, you can choose to explore the lake on foot with your guide. They’ll show you the best viewpoints and tell you about the history of the lake and its surroundings. Second, you can take a Pletna boat ride to the Island Church. These boats are traditional wooden boats that are only found on Bled Lake. Once you arrive at the island, you can explore the church, which dates back to the 15th century. Finally, you can also choose to hike up to Ojstrica viewpoint or Mala Osojnica viewpoint for a bird’s-eye view of the entire lake.
Plan Your DayThe tour starts early, at 8:00 AM, so plan to get up and ready early. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel or guesthouse in Ljubljana at this time. You’ll arrive at Bled Lake at 8:50 AM, where you’ll have 2 hours to explore the lake and its surroundings. If you choose to take a Pletna boat ride to the Island Church, allow extra time for that (about 1 hour). The boat ride costs 15 Euros per adult, and entrance to the Island Church costs 6 Euros per adult. You’ll depart for Ljubljana at 11:15 AM and should be back at your hotel or guesthouse by 12:00 PM.
What’s IncludedThe tour includes hotel pick up and drop-off, a driver, tolls and parking, entrance to the Island Church, and a boat ride if you choose to take one. Gratuities are not included.
Who Should Not Take This TourThis tour is not suitable for wheelchair users. The tour includes some walking and hiking, and the terrain can be uneven and steep in places.
Book Your Tour NowOverall, a private day trip from Ljubljana to Bled Lake is a fantastic way to see one of Slovenia’s most beautiful destinations. With a private guide to show you around and plenty of activities to choose from, you can customize your experience to your liking. Book your tour in advance, choose your activities, plan your day, and enjoy the stunning beauty of Bled Lake.
FAQ about BledIf you are planning a trip to Bled, Slovenia, you may have many questions about the place. In this article, we have included some common questions about Bled that tourists ask. We hope these FAQs will be helpful in planning your trip.
1. What is Bled?Bled is a picturesque town in the northwest part of Slovenia, located in the Julian Alps. It is famous for its stunning Lake Bled, surrounded by mountains, and a castle perched on a hilltop overlooking the lake. Bled has a rich history and offers a range of outdoor activities, delicious food, and breathtaking scenery.
2. How do I get to Bled?Bled is well-connected to other parts of Slovenia and neighboring countries by road, rail, air, and water. The closest airport is Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, which is around 35km away from Bled. You can take a bus, train, or taxi from the airport to Bled. Bled is also accessible by train, with connections from Ljubljana, Austria, and Italy. If you are driving, Bled is well connected to other parts of Slovenia by a network of roads. It is a four-hour drive from Venice, Italy, and a two-hour drive from Graz, Austria.
3. When is the best time to visit Bled?The best time to visit Bled is from May to September, when the weather is warm, and the lake is suitable for swimming. However, Bled is beautiful all year round, and each season has its charm. In winter, the town is covered with snow, and you can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating. In spring, the flowers bloom, and the mountains are lush with new growth. In autumn, the leaves change color, creating a stunning landscape.
4. What are the top attractions in Bled?The top attractions in Bled include: – Lake Bled: A stunning lake surrounded by the Julian Alps, which is the highlight of Bled. – Bled Castle: A medieval castle perched on a hilltop overlooking the lake. – Vintgar Gorge: A beautiful hiking trail that leads visitors to a magical gorge with turquoise waters. – The Church of the Assumption: A 17th-century church located on an island in the middle of the lake. – Triglav National Park: A beautiful natural park located nearby.
5. What are the best things to do in Bled?The best things to do in Bled include: – Walk or cycle around Lake Bled: This is the best way to explore the beauty of the lake and its surroundings. – Visit Bled Castle: You can learn about the history of the castle, and enjoy the stunning views from the top. – Go for a swim in Lake Bled: The water is clean and refreshing, and there are many spots around the lake where you can swim. – Take a boat tour of the lake: You can enjoy the scenery of Lake Bled and visit the island with the church. – Hike to Vintgar Gorge: It is a beautiful hike, and the gorge is breathtaking.
6. What are the best places to eat in Bled?Bled has a range of restaurants and cafes that serve delicious food. Some of the best places to eat in Bled include: – Ostarija Peglez’n: A traditional Slovenian restaurant that serves hearty meals and local wines. – Bled Castle Restaurant: A fine-dining restaurant located inside the castle, serving delicious Slovenian and international cuisine. – Okarina: A cozy restaurant that offers a range of vegetarian and vegan dishes, as well as fish and meat dishes. – Lectar: A bakery and restaurant that serves delicious Slovenian pastries, cakes, and bread.
7. What are the best places to stay in Bled?Bled has a range of accommodation options, including hotels, hostels, and apartments. Some of the best places to stay in Bled include: – Grand Hotel Toplice: A luxury hotel located on the shore of Lake Bled. – Hotel Triglav Bled: A charming hotel located in the center of Bled. – Castle Hostel 1004: A cozy hostel located in a historic building, just a few minutes’ walk from the lake. – Apartment Galerija: A comfortable apartment located in a peaceful area, with stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
8. What are the outdoor activities available in Bled?Bled is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Some of the most popular outdoor activities in Bled include: – Hiking in the Julian Alps: Bled is located near the Triglav National Park, which offers a range of hiking trails for all levels. – Skiing and snowboarding: There are several ski resorts near Bled, including Vogel and Kranjska Gora. – Rafting and kayaking: You can enjoy white water rafting and kayaking on the nearby rivers. – Paragliding: You can enjoy a bird’s eye view of Lake Bled and the surrounding area by paragliding. – Cycling: You can rent a bike and explore the beautiful countryside around Bled.
9. Is it safe to travel to Bled?Bled is a safe place to travel, with low levels of crime and violence. However, as with any tourist destination, it is important to take basic safety precautions, such as not leaving your valuables unattended and avoiding dark and isolated areas at night.
10. What is the currency used in Bled?The currency used in Bled and the rest of Slovenia is the Euro (EUR). Most restaurants, hotels, and shops accept credit cards, but it is always good to have some cash on hand.
Book Your Tour NowBled is a beautiful place to visit, with stunning scenery, rich history, and a range of outdoor activities. We hope this FAQ has helped to answer some of the common questions about Bled that tourists may have. Whether you want to explore the natural beauty of the Julian Alps, enjoy the crystal-clear waters of Lake Bled, or indulge in delicious Slovenian cuisine, Bled has something for everyone.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in BledBled, a small town located in the Julian Alps of Slovenia, is known for its beautiful lake and stunning mountain views. It’s a popular tourist destination and there are many things to see and do while visiting. In this guide, we will explore the best ways to spend your time in Bled.
1. Visit Lake BledLake Bled is the main attraction of Bled and a must-visit destination. It is a stunning lake with crystal-clear water and beautiful surrounding mountains. There are many ways to enjoy the lake, including a boat ride to the island in the middle of the lake, swimming, or just enjoying the view from the shore. You can even rent a paddleboard or a kayak to explore the lake on your own.
2. Take the Bled Castle TourAnother popular tourist attraction in Bled is the Bled Castle. It’s a medieval castle perched on top of a hill overlooking the town and the lake. The castle itself is an interesting historic site to visit, but the view from the top is the real gem. You can enjoy a panoramic view of the whole town and the surrounding mountains from the castle’s viewpoint. The castle tour includes a visit to the castle museum, a wine cellar, and a print shop.
3. Hike to the Ojstrica ViewpointFor the best view of Lake Bled from above, you should hike to the Ojstrica viewpoint. It’s a short but steep hike from the town, and it will take you around 20-30 minutes to reach the top. It’s a popular spot for sunrise and sunset photos, and a great way to escape the crowds.
4. Explore Vintgar GorgeVintgar Gorge is a few kilometers away from Bled, but it’s definitely worth the visit. It’s a narrow gorge with crystal-clear water and beautiful waterfalls. The hiking trail is well maintained and easy to follow, and it will take you around an hour to explore the whole gorge. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring a camera, as the views are stunning.
5. Taste Local CuisinesThe Slovenian cuisine is diverse and delicious. Bled is known for its cream cake, a delicious dessert made of vanilla cream and crispy crust. It’s a must-try dessert while visiting Bled. But there are other local delicacies you should try, such as the traditional Bled cream cake, Potica (a pastry roll filled with different ingredients such as nuts or poppy seeds) and Štruklji (a dough dumpling filled with cheese or cottage cheese).
6. Visit Bled IslandBled Island is a small island in the middle of Lake Bled. It’s accessible only by boat, and there are many boat rental services from the town. On the island, you can visit the Church of the Assumption, which is famous for its bell that’s said to grant wishes if rung three times. You can also enjoy the beautiful gardens and the stunning views from the island.
7. Take a Walk Around BledBled is a charming small town, and the best way to explore it is on foot. Take a stroll around the town and explore the narrow streets and colourful houses. You can visit the local market and buy local produce or souvenirs, or enjoy a coffee in one of the many cafes. You can also take a walk along the lakeshore and enjoy the stunning views.
Book Your Tour NowBled is a beautiful town with many things to see and do. Whether you want to enjoy the beautiful nature, explore the historic sites, or taste the local cuisine, Bled has something for everyone. Plan your visit ahead of time and make sure to include the above activities in your itinerary. Enjoy your stay in Bled and make lasting memories.
Table of Contents