How to Plan Your South Cappadocia Green Tour with Trekking in Ihlara Valley in GoremeAre you planning a trip to Cappadocia and wondering how to make the most out of your limited time? Look no further than the South Cappadocia Green Tour with Trekking in Ihlara Valley. This 8-hour comprehensive tour showcases the best of south Cappadocia’s natural landscapes, culturally-rich villages, and historic treasures. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through everything you need to know to plan your South Cappadocia Green Tour with Trekking in Ihlara Valley, including itinerary highlights, what’s included, and how to book.
OverviewThe South Cappadocia Green Tour is an 8-hour tour departing from Goreme that offers a comprehensive exploration of Cappadocia’s south region. The tour offers an intimate, small-group experience with a maximum of 15 people, making it perfect for those who wish to explore Cappadocia’s most popular natural and cultural attractions in one day without having to rent a car or worry about navigating on their own. The tour begins with a pickup from your Goreme hotel at 9:30 am and takes you on a journey through the picturesque landscapes of south Cappadocia. The highlights of the tour include the Derinkuyu Underground City, Pigeon Valley, and the culturally-rich villages of the Ihlara Valley. Along with these main attractions, the tour also offers spectacular views of Cappadocia’s lunar landscapes and presents opportunities for both guided and self-guided walks in the gorgeous surroundings.
What to ExpectThe tour starts with a pickup from your Goreme hotel at 9:30 am and takes you on a journey through the most picturesque landscapes of Cappadocia. Below are the highlights of the tour.
Derinkuyu Underground CityDerinkuyu Underground City is the deepest underground city in Cappadocia, extending to a depth of approximately 60 meters. The rich history of the city dates back to the 7th and 8th centuries AD when it was used as a refuge by early Christians escaping from persecution. This fascinating underground city, with its tunnels, living areas, kitchens, wineries, and storage spaces, is a highlight of the South Cappadocia Green Tour.
Pigeon ValleyPigeon Valley is another highlight of the tour, offering magnificent views of dovecotes (pigeon homes) carved into the rocks. It is said that these homes were created by the locals who used to farm pigeons for their meat and fertilizer. The valley is home to numerous hiking trails, making it an excellent destination for those who enjoy hiking or trekking.
Ihlara ValleyThe Ihlara Valley is one of the most important landmarks of the South Cappadocia Green Tour. The valley is home to ancient cave churches, which are the remnants of the Byzantine and Roman empires. These churches are beautifully decorated with frescoes that depict religious scenes and stories. The tour takes you through the valley, stopping at points of interest, and allowing you to explore the cultural richness of the area.
LunchThe tour includes a delicious traditional Turkish lunch with vegetarian options. The lunch is served in a scenic location in the village, offering stunning views of the surroundings while you indulge in some of the best local tastes.
What’s IncludedThe South Cappadocia Green Tour includes everything you need to make the most out of your day in south Cappadocia. Below are the things that are included: – Lunch: A delicious traditional Turkish lunch with vegetarian options is included in the tour. – Professional guide: A licensed guide will accompany you throughout the tour and provide information about the landmarks. – Hotel Pickup and Drop-off: The tour provides a pick-up service from your Goreme hotel, and at the end of the tour, you’ll be dropped off at the same location. – Round Trip Transport: The tour includes roundtrip transportation that will take you through the tour’s itinerary.
How to BookBooking the South Cappadocia Green Tour with Trekking in Ihlara Valley tour is easy. You can book the tour online, using the following link: book the tour here. It is highly recommended to book in advance to avoid disappointment as the tour fills up quickly during the peak season.
Book Your Tour NowThe South Cappadocia Green Tour with Trekking in Ihlara Valley is undoubtedly an excellent way to experience the best of Cappadocia’s south region. The comprehensive tour showcases a variety of natural and cultural landmarks, including Derinkuyu Underground City, Pigeon Valley, and the culturally-rich villages of the Ihlara Valley, making it an ideal option for those who wish to explore Cappadocia’s popular attractions in a single day. With this guide, you are well-equipped to plan your South Cappadocia Green Tour with Trekking in Ihlara Valley and make unforgettable memories in Cappadocia.
Frequently Asked Questions About Goreme, TurkeyGoreme is a beautiful town located in the Cappadocia region of Turkey. It attracts thousands of tourists every year due to its stunning rock formations, hot air balloon rides, and unique culture. Whether you are planning a trip to Goreme or have already booked your tickets, you might have some questions about the town. In this FAQ, we will cover some common questions related to Goreme.
1. What is the best time of year to visit Goreme?The best time to visit Goreme is from April to June or September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and you can enjoy many outdoor activities. The temperatures are moderate, and there are fewer crowds. However, if you want to experience the hot air balloon ride, it is recommended to visit Goreme from June to August as the wind conditions are better during these months.
2. How do I get to Goreme?Goreme is located in the heart of Turkey and is easily accessible by air, bus, or car. The closest airport to Goreme is the Nevsehir Kapadokya Airport, which is only a 40-minute drive away. You can also land at the Kayseri Erkilet International Airport, which is about 1.5 hours away from Goreme. There are regular bus services from major cities in Turkey to Goreme. If you prefer to drive, you can rent a car from major cities and drive to Goreme.
3. What are some must-visit attractions in Goreme?Goreme is famous for its natural rock formations, and the top attractions in the town include the Goreme Open-Air Museum, Uchisar Castle, Pigeon Valley, and Love Valley. You can also take a hot air balloon ride to experience the stunning views of the town from above. The Turkish Night Show is a popular cultural event that showcases the traditional dance and music of the region.
4. Are there any restrictions on clothing in Goreme?Goreme is a conservative Muslim town, and it is recommended to dress conservatively to show respect for the local culture. While there are no strict dress codes, it is recommended to avoid wearing revealing clothes such as shorts, tank tops or low-cut tops. When visiting mosques or other religious places, you are required to cover your head and shoulders.
5. What are the best places to shop in Goreme?Goreme is known for its handicrafts, pottery, and carpets. You can find these items in the local markets such as the Goreme Market and the Avanos Market. Pasabag is another popular market that sells souvenirs and local handicrafts. If you want to buy authentic Turkish carpets, you can visit the carpet cooperatives such as the Babayan Carpet Shop.
6. What is the local currency in Goreme?The local currency in Goreme is the Turkish Lira (TRY). You can exchange your currency at the local exchange offices or banks. Most shops and restaurants accept credit cards, but it is recommended to carry some cash with you for small transactions.
7. What are the best restaurants to try in Goreme?Goreme has many restaurants that serve traditional Turkish cuisine as well as international dishes. Some of the top-rated restaurants in Goreme are the Topdeck Cave Restaurant, Seten Restaurant, and Dibek Restaurant. You can also try the local street food such as gozleme (Turkish pancakes), simit (Turkish bagel), and kebab.
8. Is it safe to travel to Goreme?Goreme is a safe town for tourists, and the crime rate is low. However, it is recommended to take usual precautions such as keeping your valuables safe and being aware of your surroundings. It is also recommended to drink bottled water and avoid drinking tap water.
9. Can I hike in Goreme?Yes, there are many hiking trails in Goreme that offer stunning views of the town and the surrounding valleys. Some popular hiking trails include the Goreme Panorama Trail, the Red Valley Trail, and the Rose Valley Trail. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and carry enough water and sunscreen.
10. What is the dress code for the Turkish Night Show?The Turkish Night Show is a popular cultural event in Goreme that showcases the traditional dance and music of the region. There is no strict dress code for the event, but it is recommended to dress smartly. Men can wear a buttoned-up shirt and trousers, while women can wear a dress or trousers and a blouse.
Book Your Tour NowGoreme is a unique and beautiful town that offers many opportunities for outdoor activities and cultural experiences. Whether you want to explore the natural wonders, enjoy the traditional Turkish cuisine, or experience the local culture, Goreme has something for everyone. We hope this FAQ has answered some of your common questions related to Goreme and helped you plan your trip to this charming town.
How to spend your time as a tourist in Goreme?If you’re planning to visit Goreme, Turkey and wondering how to make the most out of your trip to this charming town, you’re in the right place. Goreme is a small town located in central Turkey that offers visitors a unique chance to experience history, culture, and nature. Here’s some of the top things to do while you’re in Goreme:
1. Explore the Open-Air MuseumThe Goreme Open-Air Museum is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region. The museum provides visitors with a glimpse of the town’s history and culture in ancient times. The museum is home to a total of 30 rock-cut churches, chapels, and monasteries that date back to the 10th century. Visitors can enjoy exploring the site, which has been preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage site, and be amazed by the intricate frescoes and murals on the walls, depicting biblical scenes and stories.
2. Take a Hot Air Balloon RideIf you’re looking for an unforgettable experience, don’t miss the chance to take a hot air balloon ride over the stunning landscapes of Goreme. The town is known for its unique rock formations, dubbed fairy chimneys, which create a magical backdrop for a flight. The balloon ride offers a bird’s view of the region, with breathtaking views of the valleys, cliffs, and rock formations.
3. Enjoy a Turkish BathTake a break from sightseeing and indulge yourself in a Turkish Bath, also known as the Hammam. Visitors can relax and rejuvenate while experiencing a unique cultural tradition that dates back to the Ottoman era. The Hammam usually involves a series of steam sessions, massages, and treatments that leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
4. Visit Uchisar CastleUchisar Castle is a towering landmark in Goreme that offers visitors stunning views of the town and its surroundings. The castle is carved into the rock, featuring a labyrinth of tunnels and rooms inside. Visitors can climb to the top of the castle and enjoy panoramic views of the town and its surroundings.
5. Hike the Rose ValleyThe Rose Valley, located just outside the town, is a scenic hiking trail that takes visitors through a series of stunning rock formations and rose-colored cliffs. The valley is named after the pink-colored rocks that dot the landscape and create a picturesque backdrop for hikers. The trail is relatively easy, making it suitable for families and beginner hikers.
6. Visit the Love ValleyThe Love Valley is known for its unusual rock formations, which are said to resemble phallic symbols. The valley is a popular destination for tourists, who come to take pictures and marvel at the unique rock formations.
7. Explore Cavusin VillageCavusin is a small village located just a few kilometers from Goreme, known for its unique architecture and ancient history. The village is home to several rock-cut houses and churches, some of which date back to the 5th century. Visitors can enjoy exploring the narrow streets of the village and admiring the stone houses.
8. Enjoy Turkish CuisineTurkish cuisine is a fascinating blend of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Central Asian influences, making it unique and exotic. Goreme has plenty of restaurants and eateries that offer a range of Turkish cuisine, from kebabs and mezze to fresh seafood and vegetarian dishes. Don’t forget to try some Turkish tea and sweets for a sweet end to your meal.
Book Your Tour NowGoreme is a small town that packs a lot of history, culture, and natural beauty. From exploring ancient rock-cut churches to marveling at unique rock formations, there’s something for everyone in Goreme. We hope this guide has helped you plan your trip and make the most out of your time in this charming town.
Table of Contents