How to Plan Your Private Tour Best of Agra Day TourAre you planning a trip to Agra and want to see the best of the city in one day? Look no further than the Private Tour Best of Agra Day Tour! This 9-hour tour will take you to three UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the stunning Taj Mahal, and give you the opportunity to shop for handcrafted souvenirs. Here’s how to plan your perfect day in Agra:
Step 1: Book Your TourThe first step in planning your Private Tour Best of Agra Day Tour is to book your tickets. You can book your tour online at viator.com to secure your spot. The tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Agra, a private guide, air-conditioned transportation, and lunch. Keep in mind that additional food, drinks, and gratuities are not included in the tour price. Book the tour here
Step 2: Meet Your GuideThe tour starts at 8:00 AM and your guide will meet you at your hotel or another location of your choice in Agra. Make sure to be on time and ready for a full day of sightseeing!
Step 3: Visit the Taj MahalThe first stop on the tour is the Taj Mahal, one of the most famous landmarks in India. Your private guide will take you on a tour of this beautiful mausoleum, built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. You’ll learn about the history and architecture of the Taj Mahal and have plenty of time to take photos.
Step 4: Tour Agra FortAfter visiting the Taj Mahal, the tour will take you to Agra Fort. This red sandstone fortress was the residence of the Mughal emperors until 1638 and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site. You’ll have the opportunity to explore the fort and learn about its history and significance with your private guide.
Step 5: Explore Fatehpur SikriNext on the tour is Fatehpur Sikri, a deserted Mughal city located 40 kilometers from Agra. This UNESCO World Heritage site was built by Emperor Akbar in the 16th century and is now a popular tourist attraction. Your private guide will take you on a tour of the city and share its history and significance.
Step 6: Shop for SouvenirsNo tour of Agra is complete without shopping for souvenirs! Your private guide will take you to some of the best handicraft shops in Agra where you can purchase leatherwork, marble objects, embroidery, and more. Don’t forget to bargain for the best prices!
Step 7: Return to Your HotelAfter a full day of sightseeing and shopping, the tour will conclude back at your hotel in Agra. Your private guide will drop you off and ensure that you have had a memorable and enjoyable day. In conclusion, if you’re looking for a way to see the best of Agra in one day, the Private Tour Best of Agra Day Tour is your best option. Book your tour today and get ready for a day of history, culture, and shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions About Agra: The City of Taj Mahal
1. What is Agra?Agra is a city located in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh in India. It is famous for its rich history and stunning Mughal-era architecture. The most iconic monument of Agra is undoubtedly the Taj Mahal.
2. How do I get to Agra?If you are travelling from other parts of India, the nearest airports are Delhi and Jaipur. Agra also has a railway station, which connects it with major cities.
3. What is the best time to visit Agra?The best time to visit Agra is during the winter months of October to March when the weather is pleasant and cool. Summers in Agra can be very hot and humid.
4. What are the must-see places in Agra?Apart from the Taj Mahal, Agra has many other places of historical importance. The Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Itmad-ud-Daulah and Akbar’s Tomb are some of the must-see places in the city.
5. How long does it take to see the Taj Mahal?The time taken to see the Taj Mahal depends on the individual. However, on average, it takes around 2-3 hours to see the Taj Mahal completely.
6. Are there any other activities to do in Agra apart from visiting monuments?Yes, Agra has many other activities to offer. You can shop for souvenirs and handicrafts, taste delicious street food, take a heritage walk, enjoy a light and sound show, or witness a cultural dance performance.
7. Is Agra safe for tourists?Yes, Agra is a safe city for tourists. However, like any other city, it is advisable to take precautionary measures and be aware of your surroundings.
8. What are some popular food items to try in Agra?Agra is famous for its Mughlai cuisine. Some of the must-try food items include: Petha, a sweet made from pumpkins; Bedai and Jalebi, a popular breakfast dish and sweet dish respectively; Mughlai Parathas, a flaky, layered pastry filled with potatoes and spices; and Tandoori Chicken, marinated chicken grilled in a tandoor.
9. Is it possible to explore Agra on foot?Yes, it is possible to explore parts of Agra on foot. However, certain areas must be explored by transport. It is best to hire a local guide or take an organised tour to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.
10. Can I take photographs of the Taj Mahal?Yes, tourists are allowed to take photographs of the Taj Mahal. However, photography is prohibited inside the main mausoleum.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in AgraAgra is a city in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is famous for the Taj Mahal, which is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Apart from the Taj Mahal, Agra has many other attractions to keep tourists occupied. In this guide, we will go over how to spend a perfect day in Agra, which includes some must-visit places in and around the city.
Visit the Taj MahalThe Taj Mahal is undoubtedly the most popular tourist attraction in Agra, and it’s not hard to see why. The beauty of this mausoleum is truly stunning, and it’s a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Agra. It was built in the 17th century by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as a tribute to his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, and its beauty has been captured in countless photographs and paintings. The best time to visit the Taj Mahal is early in the morning when it opens, as the crowd is quite thin, and the weather is pleasant. It’s also an excellent time to see the play of light on the white marble.
Explore the Agra FortThe Agra Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage site and another essential tourist destination in Agra. This fort was built by the Mughal emperor Akbar in the 16th century and later modified by Shah Jahan. The fort consists of several beautiful palaces, gardens, and mosques. You can easily spend a few hours exploring this massive fort. The best time to visit the Agra Fort is during the cooler months between October and March.
Visit the Itmad-ud-Daulah TombAlso known as the Baby Taj, the Itmad-ud-Daulah Tomb is considered as the inspiration behind the Taj Mahal. This tomb was built by Nur Jahan, the wife of Emperor Jahangir, for her father Mirza Ghiyas Beg. The inspiration for the monument’s design is said to be the Taj Mahal, and it’s considered to be one of the most beautiful Mughal-era buildings in India. It’s best to visit this place in the afternoon when the sun is not too harsh.
Go on a Food TourAgra is known for its delicious food, and you won’t regret indulging in the city’s culinary delights. Some of the delicacies you must try are Mughlai dishes like butter chicken, korma, and biryani. You can also try the local street food like samosas, chaat, and sweet dishes like petha. You can book a food tour to experience the best of local cuisine and explore hidden gems that you won’t find in a guidebook.
Take a Trip to Fatehpur SikriFatehpur Sikri is a small city that was once the capital of the Mughal Empire. It was built by Emperor Akbar in the 16th century, and it’s a UNESCO World Heritage site. Fatehpur Sikri is situated around an hour’s drive from Agra, and it’s worth the trip. The monuments here have been well-preserved, and you’ll get a chance to see some of the most beautiful examples of Mughal architecture.
Visit the Mehtab BaghIf you’re looking for a quiet and peaceful place to spend some time, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, then the Mehtab Bagh is the perfect place for you. It’s a Persian-style garden located on the opposite bank of the Yamuna River, and it provides an excellent view of the Taj Mahal in the distance. The garden is a perfect place to take a stroll, enjoy a picnic, or simply relax and take in the beautiful views.
Book Your Tour NowAgra is a city that has something for everyone. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or just looking for some peace and quiet, Agra has it all. We hope this guide has given you some ideas on how to spend your time in Agra and experience the best of what the city has to offer. Remember, the best time to visit Agra is between October and March when the weather is pleasant, and the crowd is thin. So, pack your bags and get set for an exciting adventure in Agra.
Table of Contents