How to Plan Your Pompeii 2 Hour Walking Tour With Priority Admission TicketAre you planning to visit Pompeii, one of the most important UNESCO World Heritage sites? If so, don’t miss the chance to book the Pompeii 2 Hour Walking Tour with Priority Admission Ticket on GetYourGuide.com. This tour will take you through the petrified city, where you will learn about the ancient Romans’ lifestyle, admire the frescoes and mosaics, and explore one of the most important commercial centers before the disaster. Here’s how to plan your Pompeii 2 Hour Walking Tour with Priority Admission Ticket.
ExperienceThe Pompeii 2 Hour Walking Tour with Priority Admission Ticket is a perfect choice for those who want to explore the ancient city with a professional English-speaking guide. This walking tour takes you to the heart of Pompeii, where you will discover the hidden streets of the petrified city. The tour is conducted in small groups, enabling you to learn about the history and stories behind the ruins.
HighlightsOn this tour, you will explore Pompeii’s fascinating and well-preserved ruins with a professional English-speaking guide. Some of the tour’s highlights include:
Explore the streets of PompeiiThe walking tour of the petrified city is the highlight of this tour. You will discover the hidden streets and alleys of Pompeii, where you’ll see the remains of houses, shops, and public buildings. The guide will explain the layout of the city, its history, and the lifestyle of the ancient Romans.
Learn from your professional English-speaking guideYour tour guide on this Pompeii walking tour will be a licensed and professional English-speaking guide. They will explain the history of the city and the lifestyle of the ancient Romans in a way that is easy to understand and engaging.
Discover the remaining frescoes and mosaics in a small groupOne of the most fascinating aspects of Pompeii’s ruins is the beautifully preserved frescoes and mosaics. The tour takes you through some of the best-preserved villas in Pompeii, where you can admire these works of art up close.
Full DescriptionThe 2 Hour Walking Tour of Pompeii starts when you meet your guide at the designated location. From there, you will travel to the world-famous UNESCO World Heritage Site Pompeii. You will explore the ancient city of the Romans with your licensed guide and learn about their lifestyle and the wonderful frescoes and mosaics which adorned the Villa’s walls. Pompeii was once considered one of the most important commercial centers of the area before disaster struck. The city has been preserved over the years by the lava that petrified the area. Now Pompeii is one of the most important UNESCO World Heritage sites. The tour includes skip-the-line admission fees to Pompeii ruins, a 2-hour guided tour in English, an official licensed guide, and headsets to hear the guide clearly.
How to BookBooking the Pompeii 2 Hour Walking Tour with Priority Admission Ticket is easy. Simply visit GetYourGuide.com and search for “Pompeii 2 Hour Walking Tour with Priority Admission Ticket.” Once you find the tour, select your preferred date and time, and follow the instructions to complete your booking. Book the tour here.
Book Your Tour NowIf you’re planning a trip to Pompeii, be sure to book the Pompeii 2 Hour Walking Tour with Priority Admission Ticket for an unforgettable experience. With this tour, you will have the opportunity to explore the streets of Pompeii with a professional English-speaking guide in a small group. Don’t miss the chance to discover the petrified city and learn about the history and lifestyle of the ancient Romans.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pompei
1. What is Pompei?Pompei is an ancient Roman city located near modern-day Naples in Italy. The city was destroyed and buried under volcanic ash and pumice after the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Today, it is an important archaeological site and one of the most visited tourist destinations in Italy.
2. When was Pompei discovered?Pompei was rediscovered in the 18th century by a group of explorers who were digging a new channel to divert the Sarno River. They stumbled upon the ruins of the ancient city and began excavating it. The first excavations were carried out by the Spanish military engineer Rocque Joaquin de Alcubierre in 1748.
3. How big is Pompei?Pompei covers an area of approximately 66 hectares (163 acres). The city is divided into several areas, including the Forum, the Amphitheatre, the House of the Faun, and the Villa of the Mysteries. There are also several streets and buildings, such as the Temple of Apollo, the House of the Vettii, and the Lupanare (brothel).
4. What happened during the eruption of Mount Vesuvius?Mount Vesuvius erupted on August 24, 79 AD, burying Pompei and several other nearby towns and villages under thick layers of ash and pumice. The eruption lasted for approximately 24 hours and is believed to have killed more than 16,000 people. The city was abandoned and forgotten for almost 1,600 years until its rediscovery in the 18th century.
5. What can I see in Pompei?Pompei is home to hundreds of well-preserved buildings, streets, and public spaces that offer a glimpse into life in ancient Rome. Some of the most popular attractions include the Amphitheatre, the Forum, the House of the Faun, and the Villa of the Mysteries. Visitors can also see mosaics, frescoes, and other works of art that have survived the centuries.
6. Can I visit Pompei with kids?Yes, Pompei is a great destination for families with kids. Children will love exploring the ancient ruins, seeing the sights, and learning about ancient Roman history. Many of the attractions at Pompei, such as the Amphitheatre and the Lupanare, are fascinating and exciting for kids of all ages. However, be sure to bring plenty of water and comfortable shoes, as the site can be quite hot and dusty.
7. How much time do I need to visit Pompei?The amount of time you need to visit Pompei depends on your interests and how much you want to see. Most visitors spend between 2-4 hours exploring the site. However, if you are interested in ancient history and architecture, you could easily spend a full day or more exploring the city.
8. What should I wear when visiting Pompei?When visiting Pompei, it is important to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as there will be a lot of walking involved. Avoid wearing high heels or sandals, as the ground can be uneven and slippery. It is also a good idea to bring a hat and sunscreen, as the site can be quite hot and sunny.
9. Can I bring food and drinks into Pompei?Food and drinks are not allowed inside the archaeological site of Pompei. However, there are several restaurants and cafes outside the entrance where you can buy food and drinks. Be sure to stay hydrated and bring a water bottle, as there are drinking fountains available throughout the site.
10. Is Pompei accessible for people with disabilities?Efforts have been made to make Pompei more accessible for people with disabilities. Several of the archaeological areas are wheelchair accessible, and there are rest areas located throughout the site. However, some of the terrain can be difficult to navigate for people with mobility issues, and the bathrooms are not always suitable for people in wheelchairs.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in PompeiiPompeii is an ancient Roman city buried under layers of ash and pumice after the Mount Vesuvius erupted in AD 79. Today, it is an archeological site and a popular tourist destination in Italy. If you’re planning a trip to Pompeii, here’s how you can spend your time exploring this historic city.
Plan Your Trip to PompeiiBefore heading to Pompeii, plan your trip accordingly. Check the weather forecast to ensure that you have a comfortable stay. Pompeii is open all year round except on January 1, May 1, and December 25.
Arriving in PompeiiTo get to Pompeii, the most convenient way is to take a train from Naples or Sorrento. Once you reach Pompeii, the entrance to the site is just a few steps away from the train station.
Exploring Pompeii’s AttractionsPompeii is vast, and exploring everything in one visit is not feasible. Here are some of the important attractions you should check out during your visit.
Pompeii’s AmphitheatreThe amphitheater is one of the most impressive structures that still stand in Pompeii. It is said to be one of the oldest and best-preserved structures of its kind.
Villa of the MysteriesThe Villa of the Mysteries is a well-known house in Pompeii that is famous for its stunning frescoes. This large house has a courtyard, a spacious garden, and several frescoed rooms.
The ForumThe Forum was the main square of Pompeii and the hub of civic life during the Imperial Roman period. It was the center of daily life in Pompeii, where important buildings like a temple, courthouse, and public granaries were located.
The House of the FaunThe House of the Faun is considered as one of Pompeii’s most impressive private homes. It has a large courtyard and a garden, where you can see a famous statue of a dancing faun.
The Thermopolium of Vetutius PlacidusThe thermopolium is a bar where the ancient Romans used to socialize and enjoy food and drinks. The Thermopolium of Vetutius Placidus is one of the best-preserved bars in Pompeii. You can see the counter where food was served and the shelves where the pots and cooking utensils were kept.
The Castellum AquaeThe Castellum Aquae is a large water distribution system in Pompeii. It was designed to supply water to the houses and public fountains of the city. You can see a large cylindrical basin surrounded by a stone frame, which is the main feature of the Castellum Aquae.
The House of the VettiiThe House of the Vettii is an ancient Roman townhouse that is well-known for its well-preserved frescoes. It is located in the southern part of Pompeii and has an impressive atrium, a large garden, and several meticulously decorated rooms.
Guided Tours of PompeiiIf you want to learn more about the history and culture of Pompeii, taking a guided tour is the best way to do it. Guided tours offer insights into the daily lives of the ancient Romans and the city’s architecture, art, and engineering. You can choose from a variety of tours, including audio tours, group tours, and private tours.
Buying Tickets to PompeiiYou can buy tickets to Pompeii at the entrance of the site or online. If you’re buying online, make sure to book your tickets well in advance. You can choose from a variety of ticket options, including single-entry tickets, combo tickets, and guided tour tickets.
What to Bring on Your Visit to PompeiiBefore visiting Pompeii, make sure to bring the following items with you:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A hat to protect you from the sun
- A bottle of water to stay hydrated
- A camera to capture the sights
- A guidebook to Pompeii to help you navigate the site.
Book Your Tour NowPompeii is an incredible attraction that offers insight into ancient Roman life. Whether you’re a history buff or just curious about the past, visiting Pompeii is a must. With proper planning, comfortable walking shoes, and a curious mind, you can make the most of your visit to this ancient city.
Table of Contents