How to Plan Your Miami Art Deco Walking TourMiami’s Art Deco architecture is world-renowned, and there’s no better way to experience it than on a walking tour. Whether you’re a design enthusiast, history buff, or just curious about Miami, this tour is a must-see. In this guide, we’ll show you how to plan your Miami Art Deco Walking Tour to ensure you have an unforgettable experience.
ExperienceThis V.I.P. small group walking tour is led by a knowledgeable local guide who will take you through Miami’s Art Deco District. You’ll have exclusive access to select buildings not permitted on other larger tours. You’ll learn about the origins and elements of Art Deco architecture from Europe to the US and South Beach. The tour will provide you with fascinating history about early pioneers including unlikely heroes, the influence of the mob and Hollywood. You will walk in and out of Miami’s most visually stunning buildings and undoubtedly graduate an Art Deco expert by the end.
HighlightsDuring the walking tour, you’ll visit several exciting destinations:
Essex House HotelOne of the most iconic examples of Art Deco architecture in Miami Beach is the Essex House Hotel. Its bright neon sign and stunning pastel colours are an unmissable highlight of the walking tour.
Art Deco District MiamiThe Miami Beach Architectural District, or the Art Deco District, as it’s commonly known, is a 20th-century architectural treasure. Many buildings of this style were built in the 1920s and 30s, and during your tour, you’ll see some of the most beautiful examples of this era.
Ocean DriveOcean Drive is the most recognisable road in Miami Beach, and it’s home to several stunning Art Deco buildings. Fortunately, with the walking tour, you won’t miss any of them!
Full DescriptionYour walking tour begins with meeting your guide, then embarking on an exploration of Miami Beach’s Art Deco District. The guide will take you in and out of several visually impressive buildings. Exclusive access to select buildings not permitted to other large group tours is secured for your walking group. During your tour, your guide will explain the art, history, some behind the scene events and various styles of Art Deco. You meant to learn about the history of the era and the influence it has had on Miami Beach’s architectural landscape. The guide will start by outlining Art Deco’s origins and elements from Europe to the US and then how it has grown to be part of Miami Beach’s unique culture. The tour guides are seasoned Art Deco enthusiasts! You’ll learn about the icons of the era: the unforgettable incredible pioneers, some unlikely heroes of the city, and the influence of Hollywood stars and mobsters on the art of the time. The walking tour takes you around the streets of the Art Deco District, leaving no stone unturned. The tour ends by Ocean Drive, where you’ll have a portfolio of stunning images and stories to share with friends and family.
What’s IncludedThe Miami Art Deco Walking Tour includes:
- Walking Tour
- Knowledgeable Local Guide
- Hotel Pickup
Booking the TourTo book the Miami Art Deco Walking Tour, head to GetYourGuide.com and follow the booking instructions.
Book Your Tour NowA walking tour of Miami’s Art Deco architecture is a fascinating and informative experience that you won’t want to miss. With a knowledgeable guide, you’ll learn the history and culture of the Art Deco era while exploring some of Miami’s most visually stunning buildings. Plan your tour today and experience the beauty and magic of Miami’s Art Deco District.
Frequently Asked Questions About MiamiMiami is a vibrant and colorful coastal city in southern Florida. Known for its vibrant nightlife, stunning beaches, and cultural diversity, Miami is a popular destination for both visitors and locals alike. Here are some commonly asked questions about Miami:
1. What is the best time of year to visit Miami?Miami is a year-round destination, with warm temperatures and sunny skies almost every day of the year. However, the best time to visit Miami is from December to May. During these months, the weather is mild, and there are fewer crowds. The summer months can be hot and humid, but they are also a great time to visit if you are looking for lower hotel rates and fewer crowds.
2. What are some of the best beaches in Miami?Miami is known for its beautiful beaches, and there are plenty to choose from. Some of the best beaches in Miami include:
- South Beach
- Key Biscayne
- Haulover Beach
- Crandon Park Beach
- Surfside Beach
3. What is the nightlife like in Miami?Miami is famous for its vibrant nightlife, with plenty of bars, nightclubs, and lounges to choose from. Some of the best places to go for a night out in Miami include:
- LIV Nightclub
- Story Nightclub
- Ball & Chain
- The Broken Shaker
4. What are some of the top cultural attractions in Miami?Miami is a melting pot of cultures, with plenty of museums, galleries, and cultural attractions to explore. Some of the top cultural attractions in Miami include:
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- The Perez Art Museum Miami
- Little Havana
- Wynwood Walls
- The Miami Design District
5. What are some of the best outdoor activities to do in Miami?Miami is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with a wide range of activities to choose from. Some of the best outdoor activities to do in Miami include:
- Visiting Everglades National Park
- Exploring the Venetian Pool
- Biking or rollerblading along the Miami Beach Boardwalk
- Sailing or kayaking in Biscayne Bay
- Attending a Miami Dolphins or Miami Heat game
6. What is the food scene like in Miami?Miami has a diverse and delicious food scene, with a wide range of cuisine to choose from. Some of the top food destinations in Miami include:
- Joe’s Stone Crab
- Pubbelly Sushi
- La Sandwicherie
- Versailles Restaurant
- El Tucán
7. What are some family-friendly attractions in Miami?Miami is a great destination for families, with plenty of kid-friendly attractions to choose from. Some of the best family-friendly attractions in Miami include:
- Miami Children’s Museum
- The Miami Zoo
- Jungle Island
- Miami Seaquarium
- The Venetian Pool
8. What is the best way to get around Miami?Miami is a car-centric city, but there are other ways to get around as well. Some of the best ways to get around Miami include:
- Renting a car
- Taking a taxi or rideshare service
- Using the Metrorail or Metromover system
- Biking or walking
- Renting a scooter
9. What are some free things to do in Miami?Miami can be an expensive city, but there are plenty of free things to do as well. Some of the best free things to do in Miami include:
- Visiting South Beach
- Exploring Wynwood Walls
- Attending a free concert or movie screening in Bayfront Park
- Walking around the Miami Beach Botanical Garden
- Exploring the Art Deco Historic District
10. What are some day trips from Miami?Miami is also a great jumping-off point for exploring the surrounding area. Some of the best day trips from Miami include:
- Driving down to the Florida Keys
- Visiting the Everglades National Park
- Heading up to Palm Beach for some upscale shopping
- Exploring the historic city of St. Augustine
- Visiting Kennedy Space Center
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in MiamiMiami is a city that is full of life, culture, and excitement. With its sunny climate, beautiful beaches, and endless activities, Miami is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. However, with so many things to see and do in the city, it can be overwhelming for first-time visitors to plan their itinerary. To help you make the most of your vacation, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Miami.
1. Visit the BeachesWhen you think of Miami, the first thing that comes to mind is the beautiful beaches. Miami is renowned for its pristine white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters. The city boasts some of the best beaches in the world, including South Beach, Key Biscayne, and the Miami Beach Boardwalk. Whether you’re looking to soak up the sun, surf the waves, or simply admire the view, spending time at the beach should be at the top of your itinerary.
2. Explore Little HavanaMiami is known for its vibrant Cuban culture, and there’s no better place to experience it than Little Havana. This colorful neighborhood is lined with colorful buildings, street art, and lively music. Take a stroll down Calle Ocho, the neighborhood’s main street, to indulge in some authentic Cuban cuisine, savor a cigar, and enjoy the lively atmosphere.
3. Discover the Art Deco DistrictMiami’s Art Deco District is a must-see destination for art and architecture lovers. This historic district features over 800 pastel-colored Art Deco buildings, making it one of the largest collections of Art Deco architecture in the world. Take a self-guided walking tour of the district to see some of the stunning buildings up close.
4. Visit the Vizcaya Museum and GardensThe Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a beautiful Italian Renaissance-style mansion that was built in 1916. The mansion is surrounded by stunning gardens that feature fountains, sculptures, and beautiful landscaping. The museum also houses an impressive collection of decorative arts and furnishings from the 15th to the 19th century.
5. Take a Boat TourMiami is famous for its beautiful coastline and is best experienced from the water. There are a variety of boat tours available in Miami, including sunset cruises, sightseeing tours, and even pirate-themed cruises. Taking a boat tour is a great way to see Miami from a different perspective and to enjoy the city’s stunning skyline.
6. Visit the Miami SeaquariumThe Miami Seaquarium is an aquarium that is home to a variety of marine life, including dolphins, sea lions, and sea turtles. Visitors can watch dolphin and sea lion shows, take a behind-the-scenes tour, and even swim with the dolphins. The Miami Seaquarium is a perfect destination for families with kids.
7. Explore the Wynwood WallsThe Wynwood Walls is an outdoor art gallery that features vibrant and colorful murals from renowned street artists from around the world. The walls are located in the Wynwood Art District and it’s a great place to take a stroll and admire the art.
8. Visit the Frost Science MuseumThe Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science is a state-of-the-art museum that offers a hands-on, interactive experience for visitors of all ages. The museum features a planetarium, aquarium, and interactive exhibits on topics like the human body and outer space.
Book Your Tour NowMiami is a city that has something for everyone – from world-class beaches and museums to lively neighborhoods and boat tours. By following this step-by-step guide, you can make the most of your time in Miami and experience all that this vibrant city has to offer. Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen, and enjoy your vacation!
Table of Contents