How to plan your Lake Louise and the Icefield Parkway Sightseeing Tour in BanffBanff National Park is known for its mesmerizing natural attractions, crystal clear lakes, and scenic drives. The stunningly beautiful Lake Louise and Icefield Parkway are two of the most iconic spots in Banff. Exploring these destinations can be a bit overwhelming on your own, but thankfully there are sightseeing tours to guide you through them. In this post, we will guide you on how to plan your Lake Louise and the Icefield Parkway Sightseeing Tour in Banff.
Overview of the TourThe Lake Louise and the Icefield Parkway Sightseeing Tour is a full-day tour that starts and ends in Banff. This tour covers a distance of approximately 280 kilometers round-trip from Banff, which is a long drive through the scenic landscape of Banff. The tour includes stops at many renowned viewpoints and attractions along the way. One of the highlights of this tour is visiting Lake Louise, which is one of the top attractions in Banff. You will have ample time to explore the area and take photos of the stunning emerald green lake. Another highlight of the tour is driving on the Icefield Parkway, which is over 230 km long and is famous for its breathtaking views.
What’s Included in the Tour?The tour includes a driver/tour guide who will take you around and provide you with all the necessary information about the places you will visit. You will also travel in a comfortable private vehicle during the tour, and pickup and drop-off are available at designated meeting points in Banff. Notably, the group size for this tour is limited to 15 people, which means you will have a more personalized experience with your guide. Gratuities, food, and drinks are not included in the tour, so it is recommended to bring your snacks and meals.
What to Expect During the Tour?The tour starts at 9:00 AM, and the first stop is usually at the enchanting Bow Falls, a lovely spot to stretch your legs and take some pictures. The tour then continues to the stunning Moraine Lake, which is known for its magnificent turquoise color. There, you can take a short walk around the lake and click some memorable pictures. Next on the itinerary is the Lake Louise area. You will visit the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, a luxurious hotel which offers a stunning view of the lake. Afterward, you will have free time to explore the area at your leisure where you can take a stroll along the lake shore or take a hike on one of the nearby hiking trails. After Lake Louise, the tour continues to the Icefield Parkway, where you will witness incredible mountain vistas, glaciers, and awe-inspiring natural scenery. The tour includes a stop at the Columbia Icefield, where you can ride on a massive Ice Explorer to experience the Athabasca Glacier up close. The tour generally ends around 6:00 PM upon arrival in Banff. You will have the entire day to explore the natural beauty of Banff, take stunning photos, and learn about the culture and history of the area.
Booking the TourIf you are planning a trip to Banff and want to explore Lake Louise and the Icefield Parkway with ease in one day, this small-group tour is a great option. You can book the tour through Viator, which is a reputable online marketplace that offers tours worldwide. Click here to book your Lake Louise and Icefield Parkway Sightseeing Tour in Banff
In Book Your Tour NowThe Lake Louise and the Icefield Parkway Sightseeing Tour provides an excellent opportunity to explore the stunning natural beauty of Banff National Park. With a knowledgeable guide, comfortable transportation, and a limited group size, this tour offers a more personalized and convenient experience for visitors to Banff. Book now and see the very best of Banff National Park in just one day!
Banff City: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)If you’re planning to travel to Banff, Canada, you might have many questions. Check out this FAQ to find answers to the most common questions about Banff city.
1. What is Banff city?
Banff is located in the Canadian Rockies, in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. Banff National Park is Canada’s first national park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city of Banff was founded in 1885 and has become famous for its breathtaking natural beauty, wildlife, and outdoor activities.
2. What are the best times of year to visit Banff?
The best times to visit Banff are in the summer (June-August) and winter (December-February). The summer months offer fantastic weather for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and camping. The winter months offer excellent skiing and snowboarding conditions, as well as many other winter activities like snowshoeing, ice skating, and sleigh rides.
3. What are the best activities to do in Banff?
Hiking and Camping
Banff National Park has some of the best hiking trails in Canada, with over 1,600 km of trails to explore. There are also many campsites available in the park for those who want to spend the night in the great outdoors.
Skiing and Snowboarding
Banff is home to three ski resorts, offering some of the best skiing and snowboarding in Canada. Visitors can enjoy picturesque views and world-class slopes during the winter season.
Wildlife is abundant in Banff, with animals such as elk, deer, bighorn sheep, wolves, and bears roaming the park. Visitors can experience wildlife sightings on organized tours or while hiking through the park.
Banff National Park is home to several natural hot springs, including the famous Banff Upper Hot Springs. Relax and soak in the mineral-rich water while enjoying stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
4. How can I get to Banff?
Banff is located about a 90-minute drive west of Calgary, Alberta. If you’re driving, take the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1) and follow the signs to Banff.
Several bus companies, including Greyhound and Brewster, operate daily services to and from Banff. Buses depart from Calgary International Airport or Calgary Downtown.
The Rocky Mountaineer train is one of the most scenic train journeys in the world and travels between Vancouver and Banff. The journey takes two days and includes an overnight stay in Kamloops.
5. What are the best accommodations in Banff?
There are many accommodation options to choose from in Banff, including hotels, lodges, and campsites. Some of the most popular hotels in Banff include the Fairmont Banff Springs, the Rimrock Resort Hotel, and the Banff Park Lodge. For those who prefer a more rustic experience, there are also many campsites available in the park.
6. What is the weather like in Banff?
The weather in Banff can be unpredictable, but generally, the summer months offer mild temperatures (15-25°C) with occasional rainfall. The winter months can be very cold (-20°C to 0°C) and bring snowfall. It’s always a good idea to check the weather forecast before setting out on any outdoor activities.
7. Are there any safety concerns to be aware of in Banff?
While Banff is a safe destination, visitors should be aware of the potential dangers of outdoor activities like hiking, camping, and skiing. Always be prepared for changing weather conditions, carry plenty of water, and be aware of any wildlife in the park.
Book Your Tour Now
Banff city is a beautiful destination for anyone who loves outdoor activities and natural scenery. From hiking and skiing to wildlife watching and hot springs, Banff has something for everyone. Whether you’re traveling alone, with family, or with friends, Banff is sure to provide a unique and unforgettable experience.
How to spend your time as a tourist in BanffBanff is a picturesque town nestled in the Canadian Rockies offering natural beauty that can take your breath away. A popular tourist destination for a variety of outdoor activities and scenic sights, such as hiking trails, hot springs, and much more. In this guide, we will discuss some of the best things to do while you’re visiting Banff.
1. Visit Banff National ParkBanff National Park has some of the most spectacular scenery in the world, including incredible mountain views, crystal-clear lakes, and abundant wildlife. The best way to explore it is by hiking or biking, although you can also drive and visit popular spots like Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. The area offers a variety of routes that vary in length and difficulty, so finding one that suits your needs is not difficult. If you want a truly immersive experience, then choose one that takes you deep into the park.
2. Soak in Banff Hot SpringsOne of the biggest tourist attractions in Banff is the hot springs. Located on the natural hot springs, it offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains. Soaking in the hot mineral water is known to have therapeutic benefits and is the perfect way to relax after a day of hiking or skiing. There are a number of different pools to choose from, with varying temperatures so you can choose the perfect one for a relaxing experience.
3. Go Skiing in BanffBanff is known for its skiing resorts, which offer a wide range of ski slopes for every skill level. From gentle groomers to steep chutes, there’s a slope for everyone that you can enjoy. The winter season is the best time to visit for skiing and snowboarding. With three ski resorts to choose from, including Banff Mount Norquay, Lake Louise Ski Resort, and Sunshine Village, there’s no reason to miss out on the skiing vibe.
4. Explore Cave and Basin National Historic SiteA must-visit destination for anyone interested in the history of Banff is the Cave and Basin National Historic Site. This site is home to Canada’s first national park and offers visitors the chance to explore the park’s natural history. Visitors can learn about how the park came to be, the unique animals and flora that can be found there, and much more.
5. Take a Gondola RideBanff Gondola Ride offers a unique view of the valley as you make your way to the top of the mountain. With a panoramic view of the Banff National Park, the gondola ride is sure to be an experience you’ll never forget. The mountaintop offers many different activities, including hiking trails, dining, and more.
6. Go hiking!In a town as beautiful as Banff, there’s no better way to explore the area than by taking a hike. Whether you’re looking for a leisurely walk or a more challenging trek, Banff has hikes for every level, ranging from easy strolls to multi-day excursions. Some of the most popular hikes in the area include Johnston Canyon, Plain of Six Glaciers, and Sunshine Meadows.
7. Try Winter ActivitiesIn addition to skiing, Banff offers a variety of winter activities to try out. Whether you opt for snowshoeing or dog sledding, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience. You can also try snow tubing, skating, and even winter fat biking to make your stay in Banff more interesting.
8. Visit Lake LouiseLake Louise is a world-famous destination located in Banff National Park that needs no introduction. With its turquoise waters, towering mountains, and stunning glacier in the background, it is one of the most photographed places on earth. There are many activities available throughout the year, including hiking, exploring the lakes of Louise, and simply enjoying the view.
9. Check out Banff AvenueBanff Avenue is the main street in town and is lined with shops, restaurants, and cafes. It’s the perfect way to spend an afternoon exploring the local businesses and tasting the local cuisine. While in Banff, don’t forget to pick up some souvenirs to remember the trip by.
Book Your Tour NowIf you’re looking for an adventure in the great outdoors, then Banff is the perfect destination for you. With stunning mountain vistas, crystal-clear lakes, and plenty of outdoor activities to choose from, you’ll never run out of things to do. So pack up your hiking boots, grab your camera, and head to Banff National Park for an unforgettable trip!
Table of Contents