How to Plan Your Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Group Tour in BernWhen visiting Bern, you can’t miss out on taking a day trip to the Jungfraujoch peak, also known as the “Top of Europe.” This small-group tour takes care of all the logistics between the city and the mountain, allowing you to relax and enjoy the stunning scenery of the Swiss Alps. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of planning your Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Group Tour in Bern.
Step 1: Book Your Tour OnlineBooking your tour in advance online is highly recommended to secure your place. You can easily book your Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Group Tour on Viator, a trusted booking website that offers various tours and activities around the world.
Link to book the tour:Book the tour here
Step 2: Meet at the Designated Meeting PointOn the day of the tour, you will meet your local guide at the Tourist Information Bern at Bahnhofpl. 10A, 3011 Bern, Switzerland. It is located inside the Bern train station in front. Your guide will be easily identifiable with their company logo.
Step 3: Enjoy Your Transportation to JungfraujochThe tour includes all transportation fees, so you don’t have to worry about purchasing tickets. You will travel by intercity train, aerial cableway, and cogwheel train to reach the Jungfraujoch peak. Relax and enjoy the breathtaking scenery during the journey.
Step 4: Take a Guided Tour of Jungfraujoch AttractionsOnce you reach the Jungfraujoch peak, your guide will take you on a guided tour of the attractions, including the Sphinx Observatory, the Ice Palace, and a Lindt chocolate shop.
- Sphinx Observatory
- Ice Palace
- Alpine Sensation
- Lindt Chocolate Shop
Step 5: Gratuities for Your GuideGratuities for your guide are not included in the tour price but are welcome if you feel satisfied with the services provided. It’s not mandatory, but it’s a nice gesture to show your appreciation.
Step 6: Important Information
- The tour is operated by Swiss Travel Guide.
- The group is capped at 14 people, allowing for a more sociable day trip.
- Food and drinks are not included in the tour, so make sure to bring your own snacks and water.
- The tour involves a lot of walking and climbing, so make sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather.
Final ThoughtsThe Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Group Tour is an incredible experience that you’ll never forget. It’s a great way to explore the stunning Swiss Alps and learn about the local culture and history from a knowledgeable tour guide. Book your tour online in advance, meet your guide at the designated meeting point, and enjoy the transportation and attractions included in the tour. Remember to show your guide appreciation with a gratuity if you’re satisfied with their services. We hope this guide has helped you plan your Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Group Tour in Bern.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bern, SwitzerlandBern is the de facto capital of Switzerland, known for its beautiful historic old town and its medieval architecture. As a popular tourist destination, it is common for visitors to have a lot of questions about the city. In this FAQ, we’ve compiled some of the most common questions about Bern and provided comprehensive answers.
1. Where is Bern located?Bern is located in the western part of Switzerland, in the canton of Bern. Its exact location is 46.9479° N, 7.4474° E.
2. What is the official language of Bern?The official language of Bern is German. However, many people in Bern are also fluent in French and English.
3. What is the best time to visit Bern?The best time to visit Bern is during the summer months from June to August. This is when the weather is the warmest, and many outdoor events take place. However, keep in mind that this is also the busiest time of year for tourism, so there will likely be more crowds and higher prices.
4. Is Bern expensive?Compared to other cities in Switzerland, Bern is relatively affordable. However, it is still more expensive than many other European cities. Expect to spend more on food, accommodation, and transportation while in Bern.
5. What are some must-see attractions in Bern?There are many must-see attractions in Bern, including the historic Old Town, the Zytglogge Clock Tower, the Bear Pit, the Bern Cathedral, and the Federal Palace. Visitors should also take a stroll along the Aare River and visit the Rose Garden for stunning views of the city.
6. Is Bern safe?Bern is considered a very safe city for tourists. However, it is still important to take basic safety precautions, such as being aware of your surroundings and keeping an eye on your belongings.
7. What is the currency in Bern?The currency in Bern is the Swiss franc (CHF). It is recommended to exchange currency at a bank or currency exchange rather than using airport currency exchange services.
8. Is tipping expected in Bern?Tipping is not expected in Bern, as it is already included in the bill. However, it is courteous to round up the bill or leave a small tip if you receive exceptional service.
9. What is the public transportation like in Bern?Bern has an extensive public transportation system that includes buses, trams, and trains. A day pass for public transportation costs CHF 16 and is valid for unlimited travel within the city.
10. What is the food like in Bern?Bern is known for its hearty traditional Swiss cuisine, which includes dishes such as Rösti (a potato dish), Zürcher Geschnetzeltes (strips of veal in a mushroom and cream sauce), and Fondue (a communal pot of melted cheese). However, there are also many international restaurants available in the city.
11. What are some popular day trips from Bern?There are many popular day trips from Bern, including visiting the nearby towns of Thun and Murten, exploring the Emmental cheese region, or taking a scenic train ride through the Bernese Oberland to the Jungfrau region.
12. Is there free Wi-Fi in Bern?Yes, there is free Wi-Fi available in many public areas in Bern, including train stations, public squares, and some restaurants and cafes.
13. What should I wear in Bern?The dress code in Bern is generally casual. However, it is always a good idea to check the weather before your trip, as the temperature can vary greatly depending on the season.
14. Can I drink the tap water in Bern?Yes, the tap water in Bern is safe to drink and is of high quality. In fact, it is some of the best tap water in the world.
15. What is the best way to get to Bern?The most convenient way to get to Bern is by flying into the Bern-Belp airport or the Zurich airport and then taking a train to Bern. There are also direct trains available from many other cities in Switzerland and Europe.
Book Your Tour NowWe hope this FAQ has been helpful for anyone planning a trip to Bern. Remember to plan ahead, stay safe, and enjoy all that this beautiful city has to offer.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in BernBern, the capital city of Switzerland, is a beautiful destination that offers a mix of old-world charm and modern excitement. This city is packed with cultural attractions, museums, cafes, and historical landmarks that can keep tourists entertained for days. Whether you are interested in discovering the breathtaking architecture, indulging in traditional Swiss cuisine or visiting world-renowned museums, Bern has something to offer everyone. Here’s a guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Bern.
1. Go on a Walking TourBegin your visit to Bern with a walking tour to get an overview of what the city has to offer. Walking tours enable you to explore the city’s historical landmarks as well as the hidden gems that are often overlooked by tourists. You will have an opportunity to admire the thousands of fountains that are dotted throughout the city and learn about the city’s history and culture from a knowledgeable guide. Some popular walking tours include:
- Historic Old City Tour
- Food Tour of Bern
- Art Museum Tour
- Bern Beer Tour
2. Visit the Old City of BernThe Old City of Bern is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that will transport you back in time with its cobblestone streets, sandstone facades, and Gothic fountains. The old city is enclosed by a six-kilometer-long protective wall and boasts of several architectural gems, such as the Zytglogge Clock Tower, the Munster Cathedral, and the Federal Palace of Switzerland. Be sure to spend some time wandering through the charming streets of the Gerechtigkeitsgasse and Marktgasse, where you’ll find plenty of boutique shops, cafes, and traditional Swiss bakeries.
3. Explore the MuseumsBern is home to several world-class museums that cater to different interests. Whether you are interested in modern art, classic cars, or the history of Switzerland, there’s a museum for you. Some of the most popular museums in Bern include:
- Zentrum Paul Klee – a museum showcasing the works of the famous artist, Paul Klee
- Natural History Museum of Bern – a museum dedicated to the natural world
- Bern Historical Museum – a museum showcasing the history of Bern and Switzerland
- Swiss Alpine Museum – a museum dedicated to the Swiss Alps and mountaineering
- Albert Einstein House – the house where Albert Einstein lived when he developed the theory of relativity
4. Relax by the Aare RiverThe Aare River is one of the most scenic spots in Bern, with its crystal-clear waters and gorgeous views of the city’s skyline. Take a swim, have a picnic, or simply relax by the river’s banks and soak in the serene surroundings. You can also take a leisurely stroll along the river and enjoy the lush greenery that lines its banks.
5. Indulge in Swiss CuisineBern is known for its delicious cuisine that varies from hearty meat dishes to warming and comforting cheese fondues. Some of the must-try Swiss dishes while in Bern include:
- Rösti – a dish made with grated potatoes that are fried until crisp
- Zurcher Geschnetzeltes – a creamy veal dish served with mushrooms and onions
- Cheese Fondue – a warm and comforting mixture of melted cheese served with bread
- Meringues – a Swiss dessert made with whipped egg whites and sugar
6. Experience Bern’s Festivals and EventsBern is famous for the festivals and events that take place throughout the year. These events offer a great opportunity to experience the city’s culture and traditions. Some of the most popular festivals in Bern include:
- Swiss National Day – celebrated on 1st August, this festival marks the foundation of the Swiss Confederacy
- Bern International Jazz Festival – a festival celebrating jazz music and its cultural influence
- Bern Zibelemaerit – an onion market that takes place on the fourth Monday in November
7. Go Shopping in BernBern is a shopper’s paradise with a variety of boutiques, markets, and shopping centers to suit different budgets and tastes. The streets of the old city are lined with specialty shops selling traditional Swiss souvenirs, Swiss chocolates, and watches. The Westside Shopping Center is another popular shopping spot that boasts of over a hundred shops and restaurants.
Book Your Tour NowBern is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in exploring the rich culture and heritage of Switzerland. From the ancient cobblestone streets of the old city to the serene banks of the Aare River, every corner of Bern is full of surprises and hidden treasures. By following this guide, you can effectively plan your itinerary and make the most of your time in the city. So what are you waiting for? Plan your trip to Bern today and discover the magic of this Swiss gem!
Table of Contents