How to Plan Your Hurghada 5 Hour City TourHurghada is a beautiful resort town on the Red Sea coast of Egypt. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the sun, but there’s much more to it than just that. Hurghada has a lot of history and culture, and this tour will take you on a journey through its different districts, including the traditional old town and the new, modern city. This 5-hour city tour is an excellent way to explore Hurghada in a short amount of time. In this blog post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know to plan your Hurghada city tour.
Booking your tourThe first step in planning your tour is to book it. You can book the Hurghada 5 Hour City Tour through GetYourGuide. This tour takes you to Hurghada’s largest mosque and the church of St. Mary, among other places of interest. The link to book the tour is this one: Book the tour here. Once you’ve booked your tour, you’ll receive a confirmation email with all the necessary details. Make sure you check the email for any special instructions, such as the time and place of pick-up.
ExperienceThis tour is an excellent opportunity to learn about Hurghada’s history and culture. You’ll get to see how fishing boats are built and restored using traditional methods, visit the old town with its original character, and explore the different districts of Hurghada. You’ll also get to see Red Sea marine life without getting wet at the Aquarium.
HighlightsThe Hurghada 5 Hour City Tour has many highlights. Here are a few of them:
1. Visit Hurghada’s largest mosque and the church of St. MaryThis tour takes you to visit Hurghada’s largest mosque and the church of St. Mary. You’ll get to learn about the religious culture and beliefs of the people of Hurghada.
2. Explore the different districts of HurghadaDuring the tour, you’ll explore both the traditional old town and the new modern city. You’ll see how everyday life is carried out in the different districts.
3. See how fishing boats are built and restored using traditional methodsThe tour takes you to the fishing village, where you’ll get to see how fishing boats are built and restored using traditional methods.
4. Visit the old town with its original characterYou’ll also get to visit the old town with its original character. You’ll get to see how life used to be in Hurghada and learn about its history.
5. See Red Sea marine life without getting wet at the AquariumLastly, you’ll get to experience the Red Sea marine life without getting wet. At the Aquarium, you’ll see a wide variety of marine life from the Red Sea, including fish, crustaceans, and shellfish.
Tour inclusionsThe Hurghada 5 Hour City Tour includes the following: – Round-trip in an air-conditioned vehicle – Entrance fees – Entry to Hurghada Al Mina Mosque – Visit to Hurghada Church – Visit to the New Marina – Professional Guide – Anything not mentioned in the program – Gratuities
Book Your Tour NowThe Hurghada 5 Hour City Tour is an excellent opportunity to explore a different side of Hurghada that you might not have seen before. You’ll get to experience the city’s history, culture, and everyday life, all in just five hours. Book your tour now and get ready for an adventure!
Frequently Asked Questions about HurghadaHurghada is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Egypt, attracting millions of visitors every year. The city is famous for its beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and diverse marine life. If you’re planning a trip to Hurghada, you may have a lot of questions about the city. Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers:
1. What is the best time to visit Hurghada?The best time to visit Hurghada is between December and February. During these months, the weather is mild, and the sea is calm, making it an ideal time for water activities such as snorkelling and diving. However, if you’re looking for a more relaxed holiday and don’t mind the scorching heat, then June to August could be a good time for you.
2. How can I get to Hurghada?There are several ways to get to Hurghada. The easiest way is by flying to Hurghada International Airport. Many airlines fly to Hurghada from international destinations. If you’re already in Egypt, you can also travel to Hurghada by bus or car.
3. What are the best things to do in Hurghada?Hurghada has plenty of things to do for all kinds of travellers. Here are some of the best things to do in Hurghada:
a. Scuba diving and snorkellingHurghada is known for its amazing dive sites and rich marine life. You can explore the underwater world by scuba diving or snorkelling.
b. Relax on the beachHurghada has some of the most beautiful beaches in Egypt. You can spend a lazy day sunbathing, swimming, or just enjoying the stunning views.
c. Visit Giftun IslandGiftun Island is a beautiful island located near Hurghada. You can take a boat ride to the island and spend the day snorkelling, swimming, or just relaxing on the beach.
d. Visit Hurghada MarinaHurghada Marina is a popular tourist destination. You can stroll around the marina, enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants, or shop for souvenirs.
4. What should I pack for a trip to Hurghada?Here are some essential items you should pack for your trip to Hurghada:
a. SunscreenThe sun in Hurghada can be harsh, so it’s essential to pack sunscreen with a high SPF.
b. BeachwearDon’t forget to pack your swimsuits, cover-ups, and other beachwear.
c. Light-coloured clothingIt’s best to pack light-coloured clothing as it can help you stay cool in the hot weather.
d. Comfortable footwearPack comfortable footwear as you’ll be walking a lot around the city.
5. What are the best places to stay in Hurghada?Hurghada has plenty of accommodation options to suit all kinds of budgets. Here are some of the best places to stay in Hurghada:
a. Hilton Hurghada ResortThe Hilton Hurghada Resort is a luxurious hotel located on the beachfront. It has several restaurants, a spa, and a large swimming pool.
b. Sheraton Miramar Resort El GounaThe Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna is a beautiful resort located on the outskirts of Hurghada. It has several swimming pools, a private beach, and plenty of recreational facilities.
c. Hurghada Marriott Beach ResortThe Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort is a great option for families. It has a large swimming pool, a private beach, and several restaurants.
6. Is Hurghada safe for tourists?Hurghada is generally a safe place for tourists. However, it’s always best to take precautions while travelling. Be aware of your surroundings, avoid carrying large amounts of cash, and don’t walk alone in deserted areas.
7. What is the currency used in Hurghada?The official currency of Egypt is the Egyptian pound (EGP). It’s best to carry some cash while travelling around Hurghada as not all shops and restaurants accept credit cards.
8. What is the language spoken in Hurghada?The official language of Egypt is Arabic. However, many people in Hurghada speak English, especially those in the tourist industry.
9. What are the local customs in Hurghada?Egypt is a Muslim country, and it’s essential to respect local customs and traditions. Dress modestly while visiting mosques and religious sites, and avoid public displays of affection.
10. How much should I tip in Hurghada?Tipping is a common practice in Egypt. It’s customary to tip hotel staff, restaurant servers, and taxi drivers around 10% of the bill.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in HurghadaHurghada is a beautiful city located on the eastern coast of Egypt. It is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and awe-inspiring natural beauty. If you are planning a trip to Hurghada, you are in for a treat. There is so much to see and do in this vibrant city that you will need to plan your trip carefully so that you don’t miss anything. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you make the most of your time in Hurghada.
1. Explore the beachesHurghada is famous for its serene beaches that feature clear waters and soft golden sand. The most popular beach is the picturesque El Gouna, known for its long coastline and crystal-clear waters, and it’s considered one of the world’s best locations for water sports such as kite-surfing, windsurfing, and snorkeling. Another famous option is the Makadi Bay which features lush palm trees and astounding coral reef. You can indulge in various activities such as snorkeling, diving, and boat rides. The Sheltered Abu Dabab beach is a great location to see the turtles and dugongs. If you prefer to relax in a quieter spot, the Sahl Hasheesh Beach might be the ideal option as its cleaner and less crowded.
2. Visit Giftun IslandGiftun Island is a natural reserve that boasts a rich marine life, vibrant coral reefs, and extensive white sandy beaches. Witness and capture the most distinguished marine life and glory with diving tours or just swimming, explore the landscape and relish the beauty of the island.
3. Take a trip to Mahmya IslandMahmya Island is an untouched paradise located on the Red Sea. It is a tranquil island with clear blue waters, a coral reef, and white sandy beaches. The island can be reached by taking a boat ride from Hurghada. The calm atmosphere and gentle waves of the Red Sea create a serene environment to relax and clear your mind.
4. Visit the DesertGoing on a desert safari is a must-do activity as part of any Hurghada holiday vacation. You can choose between several activities including Quad biking, camel rides, and dune buggy rides. You can travel deep into the heart of the Sahara desert to get a glimpse of the Bedouin lifestyle, get to taste Bedouin tea and enjoy performances inspired by the Bedouin folklore.
5. Visit the Old Town area of El-DaharThis historic area of Hurghada is the local hotspot where you can experience Egyptian culture and get a feel for the city’s history. The heart of the Old Town is the “El Dahar Square” where you can find local markets, traditional shops, and restaurants selling unique flavors of the country.
6. Marvel at the Hurghada MosqueThe Grand Mosque of Hurghada is a symbolic and moving piece of architecture that is steeped in history. It is one of the most significant landmarks in the city and is locally referred to as “Al-Mina Mosque”. The minarets tower over the surrounding buildings, creating an unmistakable silhouette in the Hurghada skyline.
7. Visit Sand City HurghadaSand City is an outdoor museum that features intricate sand sculptures. These sculptures are crafted by the world’s top sand sculptors and showcase some of Egypt’s most significant historical landmarks, such as the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, and the Karnak Temple.
8. Experience Spas and Wellness CentersEnjoy the luxurious and relaxing services at Hurghada’s high-quality spas and wellness centers. Between massages, steam baths, and beauty treatments, you can find relaxation, rejuvenation, and healing at one of the many places Hurghada has to offer.
9. Visit Coptic ChurchThe Coptic Church of Saint Shenouda stands as a significant symbol of peace, love, and unity to all its visitors. It is the largest Coptic church in Hurghada, and its main hall can hold up to 3,000 worshippers.
10. Enjoy Adventures of Red Sea’s watersAs a major diving destination, Hurghada offers a comprehensive range of diving and snorkeling activities, suitable for beginners and professionals. There are numerous accredited diving centers and schools that offer beginners courses to diving enthusiasts while professionals authorize more advanced diving adventures.
Book Your Tour NowWhether you enjoy relaxing on the beach, exploring the desert, or learning about ancient Egyptian history, Hurghada has something to offer for everyone. You can have a memorable experience with your friends and family at breathtaking natural landscapes, engage in adventurous activities, or relax and recharge after a long day. Don’t miss out on the city’s unique history, culture, and landmarks, and most importantly, don’t forget to share your successful trip with others.
Table of Contents