How to Plan Your Hiking Tour in Nature Park Biokovo, MakarskaIf you’re looking for an adventure away from the beautiful beaches of Makarska, consider a hiking tour in Biokovo Nature Park. With this tour, you’ll have the chance to explore spectacular forest trails, observe the local wildlife, and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding area. Here’s how you can plan your hiking tour, step-by-step.
Step 1: Book Your TourThe first step is to book your hiking tour with Viator, the top travel website for booking tours and activities. You can book the tour by visiting this link here. The cost of the tour includes all taxes, fees, and handling charges, as well as National Park fees, round-trip transportation, afternoon tea, and lunch. After booking, you’ll receive confirmation of your reservation via email, which you should print and bring with you on the day of the tour.
Step 2: Prepare for Your HikeBefore starting your adventure in Biokovo Nature Park, you should prepare yourself for the hike. Make sure to wear comfortable hiking shoes, light-colored clothes, and a hat to protect your head from the sun. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen and bring a small backpack with water and snacks for the journey. If you have any medical conditions or concerns, be sure to inform the tour guide in advance.
Step 3: Meet Your Tour GuideOn the day of your tour, you’ll be picked up from your selected pickup point in Makarska at 8:00 AM. Make sure to arrive at the pickup point at least 10 minutes early to avoid missing the tour. When you arrive, you’ll meet your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide who will take you on the adventure of a lifetime.
Step 4: Begin Your HikeThe hike in Biokovo Nature Park is a moderate level hike that is suitable for most activity levels. During the hike, you’ll explore breathtaking forest trails and observe the local flora and fauna. You’ll be amazed by the stunning views of the surrounding areas once you reach the top of the hike.
Step 5: Enjoy Afternoon Tea and LunchAfter an adventurous hike, you’ll have the chance to relax and enjoy afternoon tea and lunch with your fellow hikers. The tour provides a delicious lunch including local specialties.
Step 6: Return to MakarskaAfterward, you’ll be taken back to Makarska for drop-off at your pickup point. You’ll arrive at your pickup point at around 4:00 PM, which will be the end of your tour.
Additional Information– Confirmation of your reservation will be received via email, which you should print and bring with you on the day of the tour. – The tour is not wheelchair accessible. – Children must be accompanied by an adult. – The tour is not recommended for pregnant travelers or those with heart problems or serious medical conditions. – Travelers should wear comfortable hiking shoes, light-colored clothes, and a hat to protect their head from the sun. They should also bring a small backpack with water and snacks. In conclusion, a hiking tour in Biokovo Nature Park is a must-do for anyone who wants an adventure in Makarska. By following these easy steps on how to plan your tour, you’ll be able to enjoy the beauty of the forest trails, observe the local wildlife, and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding areas. Don’t wait to book your hiking tour and experience an unforgettable adventure.
FAQs About MakarskaMakarska is a beautiful city located in Croatia that is known for its crystal-clear waters, stunning beaches, and vibrant nightlife. If you are planning a trip to Makarska or simply want to learn more about this coastal city, then you are in the right place. Here are some frequently asked questions about Makarska, along with the answers that you need to know.
1. Where is Makarska located?Makarska is a coastal city located in the Split-Dalmatia County of Croatia. It is situated on the Adriatic coast, approximately 60 kilometers south of Split, Croatia’s second-largest city, and 140 kilometers northwest of Dubrovnik.
2. What is the best time to visit Makarska?The best time to visit Makarska is from late spring to early autumn (May to September). During this time, the weather is warm and sunny, and the Adriatic Sea is perfect for swimming and water sports. However, if you prefer to avoid the crowds and higher prices, you can plan your trip during the shoulder seasons (April, October).
3. How do I get to Makarska?Makarska is easily accessible by car, bus, and ferry. The nearest airport is the Split Airport, which is about 90 kilometers away from Makarska. From the airport, you can take a bus or rent a car to reach Makarska. Buses from Split to Makarska run frequently and take around 90 minutes.
4. What are the best things to do in Makarska?Makarska offers a range of activities and attractions for visitors. Some of the best things to do in Makarska include:
- Relaxing on the stunning beaches like Makarska Beach, Nugal Beach, and Tucepi Beach
- Exploring the historic Old Town, which is home to the Saint Mark’s Cathedral and the Franciscan Monastery
- Taking a boat tour to the nearby islands and coves, such as Brac Island and Hvar Island
- Enjoying the local cuisine, including fresh seafood, grilled meats, and Croatian wines
- Experiencing the vibrant nightlife, with plenty of bars, clubs, and discos
5. What are the best beaches in Makarska?Makarska is well-known for its stunning beaches, some of which have been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag status for their clean waters and facilities. Some of the best beaches in Makarska include:
- Makarska Beach, the town’s central beach with crystal-clear waters and plenty of facilities
- Tucepi Beach, a long pebble beach with a promenade and restaurants
- Nugal Beach, a secluded beach surrounded by cliffs and nature, perfect for nature lovers
- Brela Beach, a stunning white pebble beach famous for its clear waters and pine tree-lined promenade
6. Where can I find accommodation in Makarska?Makarska offers a great choice of accommodation options to suit every budget and preference. You can choose to stay in:
- Hotels, ranging from luxury five-star hotels to budget-friendly options
- Private apartments, ideal for families or couples who prefer more space and privacy
- Hostels, perfect for solo travelers or groups on a budget
- Campsites, for those who prefer to stay close to nature
7. What is the local cuisine like in Makarska?Makarska is known for its delicious Mediterranean cuisine, which is fresh, simple, and flavorful. Some local dishes that you must try include:
- Fresh seafood, such as grilled octopus, squid, and prawns
- Meat dishes, such as grilled lamb or pork served with vegetables and potatoes
- Pasticada, a traditional slow-cooked beef stew served with gnocchi or pasta
- Local wines, such as Plavac Mali or Dingac, which are unique to the Dalmatian region
8. Is Makarska a safe city for tourists?Makarska is generally considered a safe city for tourists. However, like any other tourist destination, you should take standard precautions to ensure your safety. For example, keep an eye on your belongings, especially in crowded areas and tourist attractions, and avoid walking alone at night.
9. What are the best day trips from Makarska?Makarska is an excellent starting point for exploring the beautiful Dalmatian region. Some of the best day trips from Makarska include:
- A visit to the stunning Biokovo Nature Park, offering breathtaking views over the Adriatic coast and a chance to explore the local flora and fauna
- A boat trip to the beautiful islands of Hvar or Brac, which offer stunning beaches, quaint villages, and delicious local cuisine
- A visit to the historic town of Trogir, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, known for its beautiful Romanesque and Renaissance architecture
10. What should I pack for a trip to Makarska?When packing for your trip to Makarska, keep in mind that the weather is warm and sunny during the summer months. Some essential items that you should pack include:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun
- Bathing suits, towels, and beach shoes for the beach
- Comfortable walking shoes for exploring the city
- Lightweight clothing, preferably made from breathable fabrics
- A camera, to capture the stunning scenery and memories of your trip
Book Your Tour NowMakarska is a beautiful coastal city in Croatia that offers something for everyone, from stunning beaches and clear waters to delicious cuisine and vibrant nightlife. Now that you have learned more about this stunning city, it’s time to plan your trip and pack your bags for an unforgettable adventure in Makarska.
How to spend your time as a tourist in MakarskaMakarska is a beautiful coastal town in Croatia that is a perfect destination for tourists who love to relax, enjoy tasty cuisine, and immerse themselves in culture. If you’re planning a trip to this seaside paradise, there are plenty of activities and attractions that you can enjoy during your stay. So, let’s take a look at how you can best spend your time in Makarska!
1. Relax on the BeachesMakarska boasts some of the best beaches in Croatia, and they’re an excellent place to lay back, relax, and soak up the sun. Visitors can choose between pebble or sandy beaches, and each of them offers a unique experience. Some of the most popular beaches to visit include:
a. Nugal BeachIf you’re looking for a secluded and peaceful beach, Nugal Beach might be the perfect choice for you. Located around 6 km from the town center, this beautiful beach is surrounded by natural beauty and crystal clear water.
b. Brela BeachBrela Beach is often regarded as the most beautiful beach in Croatia, and it’s easy to see why. The pebbled beach is surrounded by pine forests and crystal clear water, making it an excellent place to swim and bask in the sun.
c. Makarska BeachMakarska Beach is the most popular beach in the town center, and it’s easily accessible for everyone. With a stunning view of the Biokovo Mountains, visitors can enjoy various water activities such as kayaking, parasailing, and jet-skiing.
2. Explore the Old TownMakarska’s Old Town is a charming area that features stunning architecture, narrow streets, and beautiful squares. Visitors can take a stroll through the town, and explore the numerous cafes, restaurants, and shops that line the streets.
a. St. Mark’s ChurchOne of the most prominent landmarks in Makarska’s Old Town is St. Mark’s Church, which was built in the 18th century. The church is well-known for its stunning Baroque style architecture and beautiful paintings.
b. Main SquareThe Main Square in Makarska is a hub of activity, especially during the summer months. Visitors can relax in one of the nearby cafes, watch street performers, or enjoy a night out in one of the bars.
3. Enjoy Croatian CuisineCroatia is famous for its delicious cuisine, and Makarska offers some of the best traditional dishes that you can find in the country. Visitors can indulge in fresh seafood, meat dishes, and pastries, which are all made with locally sourced ingredients.
a. Seafood RestaurantsWith access to the Adriatic Sea, seafood restaurants are abundant in Makarska. Some of the best ones offer fresh fish, calamari, and octopus, which are all prepared in an authentic Croatian style.
b. Traditional Croatian DishesMost restaurants in Makarska serve traditional Croatian dishes, such as Peka (a meat and vegetable dish), Cevapi (grilled sausages), and Soparnik (a type of pie). These dishes are delicious and offer a unique taste of Croatia.
4. Adventure ActivitiesIf you’re looking for some adventure during your stay in Makarska, there are plenty of activities to suit different tastes.
a. HikingMakarska is located beneath the massive Biokovo Mountain, which offers incredible hiking opportunities. Visitors can explore the Paklenica National Park, which is home to numerous wildlife species and breathtaking views.
b. Rafting and KayakingFor those who love water sports, rafting and kayaking on the Cetina River is an exciting activity. The river offers both calm and fast-paced sections, and visitors can witness incredible views of the surrounding landscapes.
Book Your Tour NowMakarska is a beautiful destination that offers something for everyone, and these are just some of the activities and attractions that visitors can enjoy. Whether you’re looking for relaxation or adventure, Makarska has it all! So, pack your bags and get ready to experience the beauty of Makarska.
Table of Contents