How to Plan Your Helsinki Bus and Boat Combination TourIf you’re planning a trip to Helsinki, you absolutely cannot miss the Helsinki Bus and Boat Combination Tour – a perfect way to see the Finnish capital’s highlights by land and sea. Here’s everything you need to know to plan your tour.
Overview of the TourThe Helsinki Bus and Boat Combination Tour is a combination tour of Helsinki by land and water. You’ll start by exploring the city’s highlights and landmarks aboard a hop-on-hop-off bus which gives you the freedom to disembark and look around at your leisure. Then, you’ll get a different perspective of the city aboard a canal cruise that gives views of Helsinki’s skyline.
What’s IncludedThe tour includes a Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour 24h ticket (every 30-40 minutes at 10am-4pm) and a Helsinki Canal Cruise for 1.5 hour. Audio commentary is provided during the bus tour in 10 languages. The tour does not include food or drinks, but there are stops along the way where you can purchase refreshments.
Meeting and Pickup DetailsYou can begin the tour at any of the stops listed, and you may disembark at any of the available stops.
What to Expect on the TourHop-On Hop-Off bus tour: The Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour takes approximately 1.5 hours without hopping off. Buses run every 30-40 minutes from 10 am to 4 pm daily. During the tour, you will get to see Helsinki’s highlights such as the historic Senate Square and the stunning Uspenski Cathedral at your leisure. You can hop off the bus at any point to explore further on your own, and hop back on the next bus. The Audio commentary is available in 10 languages (Finnish, Swedish, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese) to describe the landmarks and highlights of the city you are passing. Helsinki Canal Cruise: The Helsinki Canal Cruise lasts for 1.5hour, taking you around the picturesque island of Suomenlinna, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and snaking through the city’s canals. While on the boat, you will see Helsinki’s shoreline skyline and hear about the history of the archipelago and maritime history of Finland.
How to Book the TourTo book the Helsinki Bus and Boat Combination Tour, simply visit the Viator website by clicking book the tour here.
Book Your Tour NowThe Helsinki Bus and Boat Combination Tour is a must-do if you want to see all the highlights of Helsinki in one day by land and sea. With the hop-on-hop-off bus and Helsinki Canal Cruise, you can explore at your own pace and take in the stunning surroundings from all angles. Book the tour and get ready for an unforgettable experience in Helsinki!
Frequently Asked Questions About Helsinki
Helsinki is the capital city of Finland and a popular tourist destination. It is known for its beautiful architecture, rich history, and vibrant culture. If you’re planning a trip to Helsinki, you may have some questions about the city. In this post, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Helsinki.
1. What is the best time to visit Helsinki?
The best time to visit Helsinki is during the summer months, from June to August. This is when the weather is warmest and the days are longest, with up to 19 hours of daylight. However, the city is also beautiful in the winter, when it is covered in snow and there are many outdoor winter activities to enjoy.
2. What are some popular tourist attractions in Helsinki?
There are many popular tourist attractions in Helsinki, including:
- The Helsinki Cathedral
- The Suomenlinna Fortress
- The Temppeliaukio Church
- The Helsinki Market Square
- The Sibelius Monument
3. What is the currency used in Helsinki?
The currency used in Helsinki is the Euro (EUR). It is recommended to exchange your currency before arriving in Helsinki, as it may be difficult to find exchange offices outside of the city center.
4. What is the public transportation like in Helsinki?
Public transportation in Helsinki is efficient and reliable. The city has an extensive network of buses, trams, metro lines, and commuter trains that run throughout the day and night. You can purchase tickets at stations or on board, but it is recommended to purchase a travel card, which provides unlimited travel on all public transportation services.
5. What is the food like in Helsinki?
Helsinki has a diverse food scene, with many traditional Finnish dishes as well as international cuisines. Some popular Finnish dishes to try include:
- Kalakukko (Fish Pie)
- Karjalanpiirakka (Karelian Pies)
- Ruisleipä (Rye Bread)
- Poronkäristys (Reindeer Stew)
6. What are some popular local events and festivals in Helsinki?
Helsinki has many events and festivals throughout the year, including:
- The Helsinki International Film Festival (September)
- The Helsinki Design Week (September)
- The Helsinki Christmas Market (December)
- The Flow Festival (August)
- The Helsinki Pride Parade (June)
7. What are some recommended day trips from Helsinki?
There are many day trips you can take from Helsinki, including:
- The Nuuksio National Park
- The Porvoo Old Town
- The Hämeenlinna Castle
- The Suomenlinna Sea Fortress
- The Tampere City Center
8. What language is spoken in Helsinki?
The official language in Helsinki is Finnish, but many people also speak English, Swedish, and Russian. It is recommended to learn some basic Finnish words and phrases before your trip, such as “kiitos” (thank you) and “moi” (hello).
9. How safe is Helsinki for tourists?
Helsinki is generally a safe city for tourists, with low crime rates and a friendly local population. However, it is recommended to take normal precautions while traveling, such as keeping your valuables secure and staying in well-lit areas at night.
10. What should I pack for my trip to Helsinki?
What you pack for your trip to Helsinki will depend on the season and the activities you plan to do. In general, it is recommended to pack layers and waterproof gear, as the weather can be unpredictable. Some other essential items to pack include comfortable walking shoes, a travel adapter, and a camera to capture all the beautiful sights and experiences in Helsinki.
Book Your Tour Now
Helsinki is an amazing city to visit, with a rich culture, fascinating history, and beautiful sights to see. Whether you’re interested in exploring the local attractions, trying new foods, or simply soaking up the local vibes, you’re sure to have a memorable experience in Helsinki.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in HelsinkiIf you’re planning to visit Helsinki, Finland, there are plenty of exciting things to do and see. This guide will help you make the most of your time while exploring the city.
1. Visit the Helsinki CathedralNo trip to Helsinki is complete without a visit to the iconic Helsinki Cathedral. This beautiful building is located in the heart of the city, and its striking white columns and green domes make it a must-see attraction. You can take a guided tour of the cathedral, or simply marvel at its impressive architecture from the outside.
2. Explore Suomenlinna FortressSuomenlinna Fortress is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Helsinki’s most popular attractions. Located on an island off the coast of the city, this fortress was built in the 18th century and played an important role in Finnish history. You can take a ferry from the city to the island and spend hours exploring the fortress and its surrounding park.
3. Walk through the Market SquareHelsinki’s Market Square is a bustling hub of activity, and it’s a great place to experience the city’s culture and cuisine. The square is home to dozens of vendors selling everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts. Be sure to grab a coffee and a Finnish pastry from one of the street vendors and enjoy the lively atmosphere.
4. Visit the Finnish National MuseumIf you’re interested in Finnish history and culture, the Finnish National Museum is a must-visit attraction. The museum houses a vast collection of artifacts and exhibits that showcase the country’s rich history and heritage. You can also take guided tours of the museum to learn more about Finnish culture and traditions.
5. Stroll Through the Esplanade ParkThe Esplanade Park is a tranquil oasis in the heart of Helsinki, and it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day of exploring. The park is home to beautiful gardens, fountains, and sculptures, and it’s a popular spot for both locals and tourists.
6. Take a Dip in the Allas Sea PoolIf you’re looking for a unique experience in Helsinki, you might want to try the Allas Sea Pool. This outdoor swimming pool is located right on the harbor and offers stunning views of the city. You can enjoy a swim in the heated pool or relax in the sauna and hot tubs.
7. Visit the Design DistrictHelsinki’s Design District is a must-visit for anyone interested in art, design, and architecture. This neighborhood is home to dozens of galleries, studios, and shops, where you can find everything from furniture to clothing to artwork. Be sure to take a walking tour of the district to see some of the city’s most iconic buildings and landmarks.
8. Take a Cycling Tour of the CityOne of the best ways to see Helsinki is on a bike. There are several cycling tours that take you through the city’s most scenic areas, including parks, waterfronts, and historic neighborhoods. You can rent a bike and explore on your own, or join a guided group tour.
9. Try Finnish CuisineNo trip to Helsinki is complete without trying some traditional Finnish cuisine. Finnish food is hearty and flavorful, and it’s often made with fresh, local ingredients. Some of the most popular Finnish dishes include salmon soup, Karelian pies, and reindeer meatballs. Be sure to try some Finnish beer or cider to wash it down.
10. Visit the Sibelius MonumentThe Sibelius Monument is another iconic attraction in Helsinki. This unique sculpture, located in Sibelius Park, is made up of more than 600 hollow steel pipes that create an otherworldly sound when the wind blows through them. It’s a must-see for anyone interested in art and music.
Book Your Tour NowIf you’re planning a trip to Helsinki, there are plenty of things to see and do. From exploring historic landmarks to sampling Finnish cuisine, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant and fascinating city. Use this guide to plan your itinerary and make the most of your time in Helsinki. Don’t forget to tag
,headings throughout the post to make it easy to follow.
Table of Contents