How to Plan Your Half Day Sea Kayaking Adventure in Ao Thalane Bay from KrabiAre you looking to explore the breathtaking scenery of the Ao Thalane Bay in Krabi? Then, a half-day sea kayaking adventure might be just what you need! With an English speaking guide, you can paddle through lush mangroves, secluded lagoons, and limestone karsts while looking for wildlife up close. This tour is perfect for adventure seekers who want to experience the diverse ecosystem of Ao Thalane from the water. Here’s all you need to know to plan your Half Day Sea Kayaking Adventure in Ao Thalane Bay from Krabi.
Overview of the TourThe Half Day Sea Kayaking Adventure in Ao Thalane Bay from Krabi is a guided tour that takes you through the beautiful Ao Thalane Bay in Krabi. The tour is conducted in a small shared group where paddlers are accompanied by an experienced and English speaking guide to take you on a sea kayaking adventure in the stunning waterway of Ao Thalane Bay. The tour itinerary includes paddling through the lush mangroves, secluded lagoons, and limestone karsts. You can also look for the wildlife up close such as crabs, monkeys, and various species of birds found around the bay. Additionally, the tour company provides you with the necessary gear, including a life jacket and a waterproof bag.
What’s Included?The tour company provides an all-inclusive package to make your trip a comfortable and memorable experience. The following amenities are included in the tour package:
- Round-trip transfers from Krabi, Ao Nana, Ao Nam Mao, Klong Muang, and Tubkaek Beach.
- Drinking water, fruits, coffee, and tea
- Life jacket, waterproof bag, and accident insurance
- Thai style lunch with soft drinks (only for option with lunch)
Meeting and PickupThe tour company provides two options to join the tour. You can either head directly to the meeting point or request pickup from your hotel.
Meeting PointThe meeting point for the tour is located at Seakayak Krabi, which is at 156 6 Tambon Khao Thong Amphoe Mueang Krabi Chang Wat Krabi 81000 Thailand. You have to reach the Sea Kayak Krabi pier in Ao Thalane at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
Pickup PointsIf you are staying in Krabi, Ao Nana, Ao Nam Mao, Klong Muang, or Tubkaek Beach, the tour company will arrange a pickup for you from your hotel. The pickup time will depend on your hotel location.
Booking the TourYou can book the tour online by visiting the following website: book the tour here. The tour price may vary based on the season and the option you choose (with or without lunch).
Book Your Tour NowThe Half Day Sea Kayaking Adventure in Ao Thalane Bay from Krabi is an ideal tour to explore the natural beauty of Krabi. By joining this tour, you can paddle through the mangroves and lagoons, see the limestone karsts up close, and observe the wildlife in their natural habitat. With a well-experienced guide, you can have a safe and enjoyable kayaking experience in Krabi.
Frequently Asked Questions about Krabi, ThailandKrabi is a beautiful city located in the southern part of Thailand, known for its scenic beauty with limestone cliffs, clear blue waters of the Andaman Sea, and mangrove forests. Tourists from all around the world flock to Krabi to explore its natural beauty, indulge in adventure sports and experience the local culture. If you’re planning a trip to Krabi, here are some frequently asked questions that might help you plan your trip better.
1. What is the best time to visit Krabi?The best time to visit Krabi is from November to March, when the weather is pleasant and not too hot. During this time, you can enjoy outdoor activities like snorkelling, diving, and kayaking without worrying about the heat. However, this is also the peak tourist season, so expect higher prices and crowds. If you’re looking to avoid crowds and save some money, consider visiting Krabi during the shoulder season months of April, May, October, and September.
2. How do I get to Krabi?Krabi has an international airport, Krabi International Airport (KBV), which is serviced by airlines like Thai Airways, Air Asia, and Bangkok Airways. If you’re already in Thailand, you can also take a bus or train from Bangkok or other major cities to Krabi. Once you arrive in Krabi, you can take a taxi or shuttle bus to your hotel.
3. What are the must-visit attractions in Krabi?Krabi has plenty of things to see and do. Some of the must-visit attractions include:
- Railay Beach: Known for its clear waters and limestone cliffs, Railay Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Krabi. You can also try rock climbing on the cliffs or take a boat tour to nearby islands.
- Tiger Cave Temple: Located on a hill, the Tiger Cave Temple offers panoramic views of Krabi. You can also climb the 1,272 steps to the temple’s summit for stunning views.
- Phi Phi Islands: The Phi Phi Islands are a group of six islands known for their crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and colourful marine life.
- Koh Lanta: Koh Lanta is a peaceful island with beautiful beaches, coral reefs, and clear waters. It’s perfect for snorkelling and diving.
4. What adventure activities can I do in Krabi?Krabi is a paradise for adventure enthusiasts. You can try the following activities:
- Rock Climbing: Krabi’s limestone cliffs are the perfect place for rock climbing. You can try it with an experienced guide or take a guided tour.
- Kayaking: You can take a guided kayaking tour through the mangrove forests or explore the limestone caves and secret lagoons.
- Snorkelling and Diving: Krabi has some of the best snorkelling and diving spots in Thailand, with colourful coral reefs and a variety of marine life.
- Zip-lining: You can try zip-lining through the jungles of Krabi for a thrilling adventure.
5. What are the best restaurants in Krabi?Krabi offers a variety of Thai and international cuisine options. Here are some of the best restaurants in Krabi:
- The Grotto: This restaurant offers stunning views of Railay Beach and serves delicious Thai and international cuisine.
- May & Mark Restaurant: Known for its authentic Thai food, this restaurant offers a cozy atmosphere and affordable prices.
- Lae Lay Grill: This open-air restaurant has spectacular views of the Andaman Sea and offers fresh seafood and BBQ dishes.
- Mr. Krabi Bar & Restaurant: This restaurant has a laid-back atmosphere and serves delicious Thai food at reasonable prices.
6. What is the local culture of Krabi?Krabi has a rich cultural heritage and is home to many ethnic groups like Thai, Chinese, and Malay. Buddhism is the predominant religion in Krabi, and you’ll find many temples and shrines throughout the city. The local people of Krabi are friendly and welcoming towards tourists, and you can experience their culture by taking part in festivals and cultural events.
7. What should I pack for my trip to Krabi?When packing for your trip to Krabi, keep in mind that the weather is generally hot and humid. Here are some essential items to pack:
- Lightweight, breathable clothes: Pack cotton or linen clothes that are comfortable to wear in the tropical weather.
- Swimwear and beach gear: You’ll be spending a lot of time at the beach and in the water, so pack your swimwear and beach gear like towels and sunscreen.
- Insect repellent: Mosquitoes and other insects can be a problem in Krabi, so make sure you carry insect repellent.
- Hiking shoes: If you’re planning to go hiking or rock climbing, pack comfortable shoes with good traction.
8. Is Krabi a safe city for tourists?Krabi is generally a safe city for tourists, and the local people are friendly and welcoming towards visitors. However, as with any tourist destination, you should take precautions to avoid pickpocketing and theft. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash and keep your valuables like passports and wallets safe. It’s also a good idea to stay in well-lit areas at night and not wander alone in secluded places. In conclusion, Krabi is a beautiful destination that offers a perfect mix of adventure, relaxation, and culture. With stunning natural beauty, exciting adventure activities, delicious food, and friendly locals, Krabi is a must-visit destination in Thailand. Plan your trip well, and you’ll have an unforgettable vacation.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in KrabiKrabi is a province located in the southern part of Thailand with spectacular natural beauty, exciting adventure activities, and vibrant nightlife. Whether you are a solo traveler or a group of friends or a family, Krabi has something for everyone. Here is a guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Krabi.
1. Visit the BeachesKrabi is home to some of the most beautiful, pristine beaches in the world. Here are some of the beaches that you should add to your itinerary.
Ao Nang Beach:Ao Nang Beach is the most popular beach in Krabi, known for its sparkling turquoise water and long stretch of white sand. You can rent a sun lounger, grab a drink from one of the beach bars, and spend the day relaxing and soaking up the sun.
Railay Beach:Railay Beach is another must-visit beach in Krabi. Known for its limestone cliffs, crystal clear waters, and hidden coves, this beach is perfect for rock climbing, snorkeling, kayaking, and sunbathing.
Tonsai Beach:Tonsai Beach is a secluded beach that is perfect for those who want to escape the crowds. This beach is a little more rugged than the others, but it is still stunningly beautiful.
2. Visit the IslandsKrabi has many small islands that you can visit, each with its own unique charm. Here are some of the islands that you should consider.
Phi Phi Islands:The Phi Phi Islands are a group of six islands that are located about 40 km from the coast of Krabi. These islands are known for their crystal clear waters, stunning beaches, and vibrant nightlife. You can take a day trip or stay overnight on one of the islands.
Chicken Island:Chicken Island is a small island located off the coast of Ao Nang Beach. This island is famous for its unique rock formation that looks like a chicken’s head. You can swim, snorkel, and explore the island’s hidden caves and beaches.
Koh Poda Island:Koh Poda Island is a small, uninhabited island located off the coast of Ao Nang Beach. This island is known for its powdery white sand and crystal clear waters.
3. Go on a Jungle AdventureKrabi’s jungle is full of adventure opportunities that will get your adrenaline pumping. Here are some of the jungle activities that you can try.
Zipline through the Jungle:Ziplining through the jungle is one of the most popular adventure activities in Krabi. You can fly through the canopy of the trees, zipping from platform to platform, while enjoying stunning views of the surrounding jungle.
Go Jungle Trekking:Jungle trekking is another popular activity in Krabi. You can explore the jungle on foot, discovering hidden waterfalls, caves, and lush flora and fauna.
Visit the Hot Springs:Krabi has several natural hot springs that are worth visiting. These hot springs are located in the heart of the jungle and are the perfect place to relax and unwind after a day of adventure.
4. Visit the TemplesKrabi is home to several beautiful temples that are worth visiting. Here are some of the temples that you should add to your itinerary.
Tiger Cave Temple:Tiger Cave Temple is one of the most famous temples in Krabi. This temple is known for its stunning views and 1237 steps that lead you to the top of the mountain where the temple is located.
Wat Kaew Korawaram:Wat Kaew Korawaram is another famous temple in Krabi. This temple is located in the heart of Krabi town and is known for its beautiful architecture and intricate details.
5. Try the Local CuisineKrabi’s cuisine is influenced by its geography, history, and culture. Here are some of the local dishes that you should try.
Tom Yum Goong:Tom Yum Goong is a spicy and sour soup made with shrimp, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, and chili peppers.
Gaeng Keow Wan Kai:Gaeng Keow Wan Kai is a green curry made with chicken, coconut milk, green chili peppers, lemongrass, and other spices.
Mango Sticky Rice:Mango Sticky Rice is a popular dessert made with glutinous rice, coconut milk, and fresh mango.
Book Your Tour NowKrabi is a destination that has something for everyone, from pristine beaches to exciting adventure activities to vibrant nightlife. I hope this guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Krabi has been helpful and informative. Don’t forget to try the local cuisine and immerse yourself in the culture. Enjoy your trip!
Table of Contents