How to Plan Your Hakone Tour with Hakone Train Pass With Unlimited Rides Activity DiscountsAre you planning to explore the beautiful sights of Hakone, Japan? If so, the Hakone Train Pass with Unlimited Rides Activity Discounts is the perfect tour for you. With just one single pass, you can travel to nearby destinations such as the Owakudani Volcano, Ashinoko lake, and Hakone Open-air Museum. This tour offers unlimited transportation rides and exclusive discounts to over 70 sightseeing facilities in the city. Here’s everything you need to know to plan your Hakone tour:
How does it work?To start your tour, all you need to do is book the Hakone Train Pass with Unlimited Rides Activity Discounts online at https://www.getyourguide.com/hakone-l1875/hakone-train-pass-with-unlimited-rides-activity-discounts-t406510/?partner_id=UWJ1LS2. Upon arrival in Hakone, you can activate your pass at the designated location and start exploring the city at your leisure.
What’s included?The Hakone Train Pass with Unlimited Rides Activity Discounts includes round-trip train fare between Shinjuku station and Odawara station on the Odakyu line. Moreover, this pass allows unlimited rides on eight different transportation systems in Hakone, including the Limited Express Romancecar (separate fee required) and the Izu Hakone Bus. You can also enjoy discounts at over 70 sightseeing facilities in the city. Once you’ve booked the tour, you’re all set!
What are the highlights of the tour?The main highlights of this tour are unlimited train and bus rides and the ability to explore the best sights of Hakone with a single pass. These passes allow you to easily access popular destinations such as the Owakudani Volcano, Ashinoko lake, and Hakone Open-air Museum. With the pass, you can also enjoy special discounts along the way, making your exploration of the city even more enjoyable.
How to make the most of the tourTo make the most of your Hakone tour with the Hakone Train Pass with Unlimited Rides Activity Discounts, we recommend planning your itinerary beforehand. Check the opening hours of the facilities you plan to visit to ensure you have plenty of time to explore. You can also take advantage of the special discounts included in your pass to make your money go further. For example, discount access to spa facilities can be a great way to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing.
Final thoughtsPlanning your Hakone tour with the Hakone Train Pass with Unlimited Rides Activity Discounts is an excellent way to experience this charming city. With unlimited transportation rides and exclusive discounts, you can explore its best sights at your leisure. Book the tour today at https://www.getyourguide.com/hakone-l1875/hakone-train-pass-with-unlimited-rides-activity-discounts-t406510/?partner_id=UWJ1LS2 and have an unforgettable experience in Hakone!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hakone
1. What is Hakone?Hakone is a small town located in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. It is famous for its hot springs, natural beauty, and stunning views of Mt. Fuji. Hakone is located about 100 kilometers southwest of Tokyo, and is easily accessible by train or bus.
2. How do I get to Hakone?Hakone is easily accessible from Tokyo by train or bus. The most convenient way to get there is by taking the shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo Station to Odawara Station, which takes about 35 minutes. From there, you can take the Hakone Tozan Railway to Hakone-Yumoto Station. If you’re coming from Tokyo’s Shinjuku Station, you can take the Odakyu Limited Express “Romancecar” to Hakone-Yumoto Station.
3. What are some must-see attractions in Hakone?There are many must-see attractions in Hakone, including: – Lake Ashi: This scenic lake is one of Hakone’s most iconic landmarks, and visitors can take a cruise on the lake to enjoy stunning views of Mt. Fuji. – Hakone Shrine: This historic shrine is located on the shores of Lake Ashi, and is known for its stunning architecture and beautiful views. – Hakone Open-Air Museum: This art museum features works by famous Japanese and international artists, and is set in a beautiful outdoor environment. – Owakudani: This volcanic valley is known for its hot springs and geysers, and visitors can take a cable car to the top to experience the unique landscape.
4. What are the best hot springs in Hakone?Hakone is known for its hot springs, and there are many to choose from. Some of the best hot springs in Hakone include: – Tenzan Tohji-kyo: This hot spring resort offers a variety of indoor and outdoor baths, as well as a sauna and massage services. – Yunessun: This unique hot spring theme park offers a variety of themed baths, including a wine bath, green tea bath, and coffee bath. – Hakone Yuryo: This hot spring resort offers a variety of indoor and outdoor baths, as well as private rooms for couples and families.
5. When is the best time to visit Hakone?The best time to visit Hakone depends on what you’re looking for. The spring (March to May) and fall (September to November) are the best times to enjoy the beautiful foliage and mild weather, while the winter (December to February) is the best time to enjoy the hot springs and winter sports. The summer (June to August) can be quite hot and humid, but is a great time to enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and boating.
6. What are some popular food and drink options in Hakone?Hakone is known for its local cuisine, which includes: – Kaiseki ryori: This traditional Japanese meal features multiple courses of small, beautifully prepared dishes. – Soba noodles: These thin, buckwheat noodles are a popular local specialty. – Fujiya Hotel pudding: This famous dessert is a creamy, caramel-flavored custard that is a must-try for anyone visiting Hakone. – Hakone Beer: This local microbrewery produces a variety of beers that are popular with both locals and tourists.
7. Are there any festivals or events in Hakone?There are several festivals and events held in Hakone throughout the year, including: – Hakone Ekiden: A famous long-distance relay race held annually on January 2nd. – Hakone Daimyo Gyoretsu: A parade held in November featuring actors dressed as Edo-era samurai and daimyo. – Hakone Open-Air Museum Summer Night: An annual event held in August featuring illuminated sculptures and live music performances.
8. What are some popular day trips from Hakone?There are several popular day trips from Hakone, including: – Mt. Fuji: The iconic volcano is located about 30 kilometers west of Hakone, and visitors can take a bus or train to the base of the mountain. – Kamakura: This historic city is located about 30 kilometers southeast of Hakone, and is known for its many temples and shrines. – Yokohama: This bustling port city is located about 60 kilometers northeast of Hakone, and is known for its beautiful harbor and vibrant Chinatown.
9. What are some tips for visiting Hakone?Here are some tips for visiting Hakone: – Pack appropriately: Depending on the season, you may need to bring warm clothes, rain gear, or sunscreen and a hat. – Buy a Hakone Free Pass: This pass allows you to take unlimited rides on the Hakone Tozan Railway, cable car, and sightseeing boats, as well as discounts at many attractions. – Bring cash: Some smaller shops and restaurants in Hakone may not accept credit cards, so it’s a good idea to have some cash on hand.
10. Is Hakone a good place to visit for families?Yes, Hakone is a great place to visit for families. There are many outdoor activities and attractions for kids, such as the Hakone Ropeway and the Hakone Pirate Ship, as well as indoor options like the Hakone Open-Air Museum and the Hakone Venetian Glass Museum. Families can also enjoy the hot springs together at many of the local resorts.
How to spend your time as a tourist in HakoneHakone is a beautiful mountain town located in the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park in Japan. The town offers an array of activities to do for tourists, ranging from hiking to hot springs baths. In this guide, we will provide you with a detailed step-by-step guide on how to make the most of your time in Hakone.
1) Take a scenic cruise on Lake AshiLake Ashi is a popular spot for tourists, and taking a scenic boat trip across the lake is a must-do activity. You will get to see stunning views of Mount Fuji, and the surrounding area is breathtaking. There are several boat operators at different locations around the lake, and you can choose from various boat types, including ferries, pirate ships, and sightseeing boats.
2) Visit the Hakone ShrineThe Hakone Shrine is a beautiful Shinto shrine located on the edge of Lake Ashi. The shrine is known for its stunning vermilion torii gate, which opens up to a beautiful courtyard with a view of the lake. The shrine is surrounded by dense forest, and taking a walk around the area is calming and peaceful. The Hakone Shrine is a must-visit spot in Hakone, and you won’t regret visiting it.
3) Relax in the hot springs bathsHakone is famous for its hot springs, also known as onsen. There are several onsen resorts located around Hakone that you can visit, but the most popular is the Tenzan Onsen. This onsen resort offers several indoor and outdoor onsen baths, sauna, and spa treatments. The Tenzan Onsen also has a beautiful Japanese garden, which adds to the peaceful ambiance of the place.
4) Take a cable car to the top of Mount HakoneRiding the cable car to the top of Mount Hakone is an unforgettable experience. The cable car ride offers stunning panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, valleys, and Lake Ashi. At the top of Mount Hakone, you can take a stroll along the walking trail and enjoy the beautiful scenery. During the winter season, the top of Mount Hakone is covered in snow, and you can enjoy skiing and snowboarding.
5) Visit the Open-Air MuseumThe Hakone Open-Air Museum is a unique museum that features artwork by both Japanese and international artists. The museum is an outdoor sculpture park that displays over 120 sculptures, ranging from modern to contemporary art. The sculptures are located on a vast expanse of green hills, making it a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the artwork.
6) Hike the Old Tokaido RoadHiking the Old Tokaido Road is a fantastic experience, and it takes you back in time to the Edo period of Japan. The Old Tokaido Road was an ancient highway that connected Tokyo to Kyoto, and it runs through the mountains of Hakone. The hiking trail has several signposts, making it easy to follow, and it takes you through dense forests, beautiful waterfalls, and historical sites.
7) Visit the Hakone Venetian Glass MuseumThe Hakone Venetian Glass Museum is a unique museum that showcases beautiful glass artwork from around the world. The museum has a vast collection of glass artwork, ranging from medieval to contemporary art. The museum also has a beautiful garden with stunning views of the surrounding mountains, making it a beautiful place to visit.
Book Your Tour NowHakone is a must-visit destination for tourists traveling to Japan. With its beautiful natural scenery, hot springs, and unique cultural sites, Hakone offers an incredible experience that you won’t forget. By following the steps in this guide, you can make the most of your time in Hakone and enjoy all the fantastic activities the town has to offer.
Table of Contents