How to Plan Your Gran Canaria Guided Kayaking TripAre you looking for an adventurous way to explore the coast of Gran Canaria while also learning about the island’s fascinating culture? Look no further than the Gran Canaria Guided Kayaking Trip! This half-day tour takes you on a safe and fun kayaking journey as you paddle your way to the beautiful Playa de Montaña Arena beach. Keep reading for everything you need to know about planning your Gran Canaria Guided Kayaking Trip.
ExperienceOn this tour, you’ll get to experience the stunning coastline of Gran Canaria like never before. You’ll paddle from Santa Águeda’s beach in El Pajar, near Arguineguin, across the rocky coastline before arriving at the Los Militares archeological site. Here, your guide will provide you with some fascinating information about the Canarian culture and the last aboriginals who lived in the area. Then, you’ll continue kayaking past the beautiful beaches of the southwest coast before reaching Playa de Montaña Arena. Here, you’ll have some free time to relax and soak up the sun.
HighlightsThe Gran Canaria Guided Kayaking Trip offers an exciting and unique activity for visitors to the island. Here are some of the highlights you can expect on this tour:
- Paddle your way along the stunning coast of Gran Canaria
- Learn about the island’s culture and history from your knowledgeable guide
- Visit the Los Militares archeological site
- Relax on the breathtaking Playa de Montaña Arena beach
How to book the tourBooking the Gran Canaria Guided Kayaking Trip is easy. Simply visit the following link to book your tour today: book the tour here. Remember to book in advance to ensure availability.
What to bringTo fully enjoy your kayaking experience, be sure to bring the following items:
- Sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays
- A hat or visor to shield your face from the sun
- A towel to dry off after your paddle
- A bathing suit to swim and enjoy the beach
- A water bottle to stay hydrated during your tour
Things to keep in mindBefore embarking on your Gran Canaria Guided Kayaking Trip, keep these things in mind:
- The tour takes approximately 3-4 hours
- No previous kayaking experience is required
- The tour is operated by a third-party company
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted on this tour
Book Your Tour NowThe Gran Canaria Guided Kayaking Trip is an unforgettable way to explore the stunning coastline of the island while also learning about the Canarian culture and history. Book your tour today for an adventurous and educational experience you won’t forget.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gran CanariaGran Canaria is a beautiful island located in the Canary Islands, off the coast of Africa. It is a popular tourist destination with a lot to offer visitors. In this FAQ, we will provide answers to some common questions that travelers have about Gran Canaria.
1. What is the best time to visit Gran Canaria?Gran Canaria has a pleasant climate throughout the year with an average temperature of 24°C. However, the best time to visit the island is between May and October when the weather is warm and sunny. July and August are the busiest months with lots of visitors, so if you want to avoid crowds, travel between May and June or September and October.
2. How do I get to Gran Canaria?Gran Canaria has its own international airport, Gran Canaria Airport, that serves many destinations in Europe and elsewhere. You can fly directly to Gran Canaria from major European cities like London, Madrid, Barcelona, and Amsterdam. There are also regular flights from the Spanish mainland.
3. What are some of the best places to visit in Gran Canaria?Gran Canaria has a lot of beautiful places to visit, from stunning beaches to picturesque villages. The following are some of the best places to visit:
Maspalomas DunesThe Maspalomas Dunes are a natural area of sand dunes located on the southern coast of Gran Canaria. The dunes stretch for six kilometers and are a popular place for walking and sunbathing.
Las PalmasLas Palmas is the capital of Gran Canaria and is located in the northeast of the island. It has a rich history and culture with beautiful beaches, museums, and a lively nightlife scene.
Puerto de MogánPuerto de Mogán is a beautiful fishing village located on the southwest coast of Gran Canaria. It is also known as “Little Venice” due to its many canals, bridges, and colorful buildings.
Roque NubloRoque Nublo is a natural monument and is one of the most famous landmarks on the island. It is a tall rocky formation that stands at 1,813 meters above sea level and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
4. What are some popular activities to do in Gran Canaria?Gran Canaria offers a wide range of activities for visitors of all ages. Some popular activities include:
Beach hoppingGran Canaria has over 80 beaches, each with its own unique features, so you can spend your days beach hopping and soaking up the sun.
HikingGran Canaria has a lot of beautiful hiking trails, from easy walks to challenging climbs. The island’s rugged terrain provides great opportunities for nature lovers to explore.
Water sportsWater sports lovers can enjoy windsurfing, jet skiing, and paddleboarding, among other activities, in the clear waters surrounding the island.
Exploring local cuisineGran Canaria has a rich culinary tradition, with a lot of fresh seafood, locally grown produce, and unique dishes to try. Don’t miss the chance to savor the island’s delicious food.
5. What is the currency in Gran Canaria?The official currency of Gran Canaria is the euro.
6. What language do they speak in Gran Canaria?The official language of Gran Canaria is Spanish, but many locals also speak English and German.
7. What is the local time in Gran Canaria?Gran Canaria is in the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) time zone. However, during Daylight Saving Time (DST), the local time is one hour ahead of GMT.
8. What is the voltage used in Gran Canaria?The voltage used in Gran Canaria is 220-240 V, and the frequency is 50 Hz. Visitors from countries with a different voltage and frequency will need to use a converter.
9. What are some important things to know before traveling to Gran Canaria?It’s essential to know a bit about the island’s culture and customs before traveling there. The following are some important things to keep in mind:
Dress appropriatelyGran Canaria is a relaxed destination, but visitors should still dress appropriately, especially when visiting churches and other religious sites.
TippingTipping is not obligatory in Gran Canaria, but it is common practice in restaurants and cafes. A tip of between 5-10% is sufficient.
DrivingDriving is on the right-hand side of the road in Gran Canaria, and you must have a valid driver’s license to rent a car.
SmokingSmoking is not allowed in enclosed public spaces in Gran Canaria.
Book Your Tour NowGran Canaria is a beautiful destination with excellent weather throughout the year. Whether you’re interested in exploring the island’s natural beauty, trying new activities, or simply relaxing on the beach, Gran Canaria has something for everyone. By following these tips and guidelines, you’ll be able to make the most of your visit to this magical island.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Gran CanariaGran Canaria is one of the most popular destinations for tourists in the Canary Islands. The island is known for its sandy beaches, year-round warm weather, and stunning landscapes. There are plenty of things to do for tourists of all ages and interests. In this guide, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Gran Canaria.
1. Visit the BeachesGran Canaria is home to some of the best beaches in the world. The island has over 80 beaches, each with its unique features. Whether you are looking for a secluded beach or a bustling one, there is something for everyone. Some of the most popular beaches include:
a. Playa de las CanterasThis is the most famous beach on the island and for a good reason. The beach is over 3 kilometers long and offers stunning views of the sea. There are plenty of activities to do, including surfing, swimming, and snorkeling. The beach is also close to many restaurants and cafes, offering a perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day.
b. Playa del InglésThis beach is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. It is the largest beach on the island and offers plenty of opportunities for water sports. The beach also has many bars and restaurants, making it an ideal place to spend a day.
2. Explore the IslandGran Canaria has much more to offer than just beaches. The island is known for its stunning landscapes and natural beauty. Here are a few places to explore:
a. Roque NubloRoque Nublo is a natural monument and a must-visit for anyone traveling to Gran Canaria. The rock formation is over 80 meters tall and offers stunning views of the island. It is also a popular spot for hikers, and there are many hiking trails in the area.
b. Caldera de BandamaCaldera de Bandama is a volcanic crater that offers amazing views of the island. Visitors can hike to the top of the crater or explore the nearby vineyards. There is also a small village at the base of the crater where visitors can sample local wine and food.
3. Experience the Local CultureGran Canaria has a rich culture and history. Visitors can immerse themselves in the local culture and learn about the island’s history by:
a. Visiting MuseumsThere are many museums on the island that showcase its history and culture. The Canarian Museum in Las Palmas is one of the most popular and offers a glimpse into the island’s past.
b. Attending FestivalsGran Canaria is known for its festivals, and there is always something going on. The carnival in Las Palmas is one of the most famous and is held every February.
c. Trying the Local CuisineTraditional Canarian cuisine is a must-try for anyone visiting Gran Canaria. The island has plenty of restaurants serving local dishes such as papas arrugadas, gofio, and fresh seafood.
4. Relax and UnwindFinally, no trip to Gran Canaria is complete without some relaxation and downtime. Visitors can:
a. Visit a SpaThere are many hotels on the island with spas offering services such as massages and facials. This is a perfect way to unwind and relax after a busy day of exploring.
b. Enjoy the NightlifeGran Canaria is known for its vibrant nightlife. There are plenty of bars and clubs that stay open late, offering visitors a chance to dance the night away.
c. Staying at a ResortMany resorts on the island offer all-inclusive packages, which are perfect for those looking to unwind and relax. Visitors can enjoy amenities such as swimming pools, private beaches, and spas.
Book Your Tour NowGran Canaria is a beautiful island with plenty of things to do for tourists of all ages and interests. Whether you are looking to explore the natural beauty of the island or just relax and unwind, there is something for everyone. We hope this guide has been helpful in planning your trip, and we can’t wait for you to experience all that Gran Canaria has to offer!
Table of Contents