How to Plan Your Giethoorn and Zaanse Schans Day Tour in AmsterdamIf you’re taking a trip to Amsterdam, you may want to consider planning a day trip to visit some of the country’s most charming tourism spots. This combo tour to Zaanse Schans and Giethoorn is the perfect opportunity to tick off two of Holland’s top attractions in just one day. Suitable for travelers who have limited time in Amsterdam or want to make the most of their stay, this tour offers a hassle-free experience with insider knowledge from a professional guide. Here’s how to plan your Giethoorn and Zaanse Schans day tour in Amsterdam.
OverviewThis day tour will take you to two beautiful places in the Netherlands, Zaanse Schans, and Giethoorn. The tour starts at the NH Collection Amsterdam Barbizon Palace, where you’ll meet your guide and travel by coach or van to Zaanse Schans. Here you’ll view traditional windmills and historic houses before heading to Giethoorn, a charming canal-town. After arriving in Giethoorn, you’ll enjoy a guided boat excursion on a Whisper Boat, and you may even have the fun experience of driving the boat! At the end of the tour, you’ll be transported back to Amsterdam.
BenefitsBesides visiting two of Holland’s most charming attractions, this tour also offers the following benefits: – Round-trip transfer from central Amsterdam ensures a hassle-free trip. – Your Giethoorn boat tour is included in the price, so you won’t have to worry about any hidden costs. – You’ll learn about Dutch history and culture from a professional guide.
What’s IncludedThe following are included in your Giethoorn and Zaanse Schans day tour: – Professional guide – Tour coach or van – 1-Hour boat trip on a Whisper Boat in Giethoorn (you may have the fun experience to drive the boat!) – Gratuities – Lunch is not included, so be sure to pack snacks or a full meal.
Meeting Point and PickupThe meeting point for the tour is at Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Barbizon Palace, Prins Hendrikkade 59-72, 1012 AD Amsterdam N. It’s important to arrive early at the meeting point, as the tour will start promptly. The tour includes round-trip transfer from central Amsterdam, so you won’t have to worry about getting lost or navigating public transportation.
Booking Your Giethoorn and Zaanse Schans Day TourTo book your Giethoorn and Zaanse Schans day tour, visit the Viator website. Viator is a trusted online marketplace that offers a variety of tours and activities around the world. Be sure to read all the tour details carefully and confirm your booking before heading to the meeting point on the day of the tour.
Book Your Tour NowPlanning your Giethoorn and Zaanse Schans day tour in Amsterdam is easy and hassle-free. with round-trip transfer from central Amsterdam and a knowledgeable guide, you’ll be able to enjoy both attractions without worrying about logistics. Remember to pack a few snacks or a full lunch since lunch is not included, and book your tour through the Viator website early to secure your spot. This tour is perfect for anyone who wants to experience the charming Dutch countryside in just one day.
FAQs about AmsterdamAmsterdam is a beautiful city, known for its stunning canals, iconic landmarks, and vibrant culture. If you’re planning a trip to Amsterdam, it’s important to know the ins and outs of the city. This FAQ will answer all your burning questions and get you ready for your trip.
1. What is the best time to visit Amsterdam?Amsterdam has a temperate maritime climate, so the best time to visit is during the spring and summer months. From March to May, the tulips are in bloom, and the weather is mild. In June, the city celebrates the largest street festival in the country called the Holland Festival, which is a must-see for any visitor. July and August might be the busiest months, but it features a plethora of outdoor activities and events.
2. What are the top attractions in Amsterdam?Amsterdam is a city full of top attractions such as the following:
a. The RijksmuseumThe Rijksmuseum is the most iconic museum in the country, featuring artwork from renowned artists like Rembrandt and Van Gogh.
b. Van Gough MuseumThe Van Gogh Museum is a must-visit attraction for art lovers, as it houses the largest collection of Van Gogh’s works in the world.
c. Anne Frank HouseThe Anne Frank House is a sobering reminder of the atrocities of the Holocaust. It is a place that needs to be experienced by anyone who visits Amsterdam.
d. The Canal DistrictThe canal district is a UNESCO World Heritage site and an incredible way to see the city. You can take a canal cruise and get a different perspective of Amsterdam’s architecture.
3. What are the famous foods to try in Amsterdam?
a. StroopwafelA stroopwafel is a thin waffle cookie filled with sweet syrup that is a perfect snack while you’re exploring the city.
b. BitterballenThese deep-fried balls of meaty goodness are the perfect bar snack and are best enjoyed with a cold beer.
c. PoffertjesPoffertjes are a Dutch specialty, small and fluffy pancakes that are typically enjoyed with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
4. What is the transportation system like in Amsterdam?Amsterdam has an extensive public transportation system comprising buses, trams, and trains. You can purchase a public transport chip card at ticket vending machines or ask your hotel to assist you. Taxis and Uber are also readily available in Amsterdam.
5. Where are the best places to stay in Amsterdam?Amsterdam has a variety of accommodations suitable for any budget. The following districts are recommended for visitors to Amsterdam:
a. Amsterdam CentrumAmsterdam Centrum is the city center and the hub for most of the city’s tourist attractions. It’s a great place to stay for first-time visitors.
b. De PijpDe Pijp is a trendy neighborhood of Amsterdam with plenty of bars, restaurants, and cafes. It’s a great place to stay for those looking to experience local culture.
c. JordaanJordaan is a charming and historic neighborhood of Amsterdam, known for its narrow streets, canals, and beautiful architecture.
6. Do I need a visa to visit Amsterdam?If you are a citizen of the EU, the USA, or Canada, you can visit Amsterdam for tourism for up to 90 days without a visa. Other nationalities should check the immigration requirements before their trip.
7. What are the customs and traditions in Amsterdam?The Dutch are known for their directness and hospitality. They are very proud of their country and culture, so it’s always best to show respect for their customs and traditions. Amsterdam is a liberal city, and the Dutch are generally tolerant and accepting of different lifestyles and cultures.
8. Is Amsterdam a safe city?Amsterdam is a very safe city compared to other European cities. However, like any other tourist destination, there are pickpockets and petty theft incidents. You should always take precautions and keep an eye on your belongings while you’re out and about. In conclusion, Amsterdam is a city with a lot to see and do. This FAQ covers some of the basics and can get you started on your journey. Always remember to do your research and plan your trip accordingly. Happy traveling!
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in AmsterdamAmsterdam is a city that offers an array of experiences for tourists. With its rich history, unique culture, and picturesque waterways, it’s easy to see why it’s a popular destination. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your time as a tourist in Amsterdam.
1. Take a Canal CruiseOne of Amsterdam’s many charms is its intricate canal system. You can take a canal cruise to take in the city’s beauty in a peaceful and relaxing way. There are plenty of canal cruise options to choose from, including guided tours or audio tours with different themes.
2. Visit MuseumsAmsterdam boasts an impressive collection of museums. You can visit the Van Gogh Museum, which houses the largest collection of Van Gogh’s paintings and drawings in the world. The Rijksmuseum is another must-visit museum, housing some of the most renowned pieces of Dutch art and artifacts from around the world.
3. Explore the Jordaan NeighborhoodThe Jordaan Neighborhood is a trendy area of Amsterdam that is filled with restaurants, cafes, and unique shops. You can wander through the narrow alleyways and enjoy the picturesque architecture. The area is also home to some of the city’s most popular markets, including the Noordermarkt and the Lindengracht Market.
4. Visit the Anne Frank HouseThe Anne Frank House is a poignant reminder of the atrocities of World War II. The historic house is where Anne Frank and her family hid during the Nazi occupation of Amsterdam. The house is now a museum, providing a glimpse into the life of the Frank family and the horrors of the Holocaust.
5. Rent a BikeBiking is a popular means of transportation in Amsterdam, and it’s easy to see why. The city is very bike-friendly, with dedicated bike lanes and paths throughout the city. You can rent a bike and explore the city at your leisure, taking in the sights and sounds of Amsterdam.
6. Visit the Red Light DistrictThe Red Light District is a famous area of Amsterdam that is known for its legal prostitution and coffee shops. While it might not be for everyone, it’s an interesting and unique experience. You can wander through the narrow alleyways and explore the many clubs and bars in the area.
7. Visit VondelparkVondelpark is a large park in Amsterdam that is popular with tourists and locals alike. You can wander the park’s winding paths or enjoy a picnic on one of the many grassy areas. The park is also home to several lakes and ponds, providing a peaceful escape from the city’s hustle and bustle.
8. Take a Free Walking TourIf you’re on a budget, taking a free walking tour is a great way to explore Amsterdam. There are several companies that offer free walking tours, and they cover a range of topics and neighborhoods. You can learn about Amsterdam’s history and culture while taking in the sights and sounds of the city.
9. Enjoy Dutch FoodDutch cuisine is often overlooked, but it’s definitely worth trying. You can sample traditional dishes like stamppot, bitterballen, and poffertjes. You can also try local cheeses and beers, which are some of the best in the world.
10. Visit the Flower MarketThe Flower Market is a colorful and vibrant market that is sure to lift your spirits. You can wander through the many stalls, taking in the beauty of the different flowers and plants. The market is especially busy during the springtime, when tulips are in season.
Book Your Tour NowAmsterdam has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in history, culture, or just want to take in the city’s beauty. With these tips, you can make the most of your time as a tourist in Amsterdam. Just be sure to take in the city’s charm and enjoy your time in this unique and beautiful city.
Table of Contents