How to Plan Your Castries Full Day Catamaran Tour of Saint LuciaAre you planning a trip to Saint Lucia and looking for a unique experience to explore the natural wonders of the island? Look no further than the Castries Full Day Catamaran Tour of Saint Lucia! This guided tour will take you on a sailing trip along the west coast of Saint Lucia and provide an opportunity to discover the stunning Pitons and other natural wonders, explore the town of Soufrière, indulge in a local Creole buffet lunch, and snorkel in the crystal-clear water. Follow these steps to plan your perfect day tour:
Step 1: Book Your TourTo start planning your experience, you will need to book the Castries Full Day Catamaran Tour of Saint Lucia. The best place to book your tour is through GetYourGuide, which offers the tour for $100 per person. This price includes all transportation, a guided tour, snorkeling gear, mud bath, and a local Creole buffet lunch. You can book the tour by clicking on the link here.
Step 2: Know Your ItineraryThe Castries Full Day Catamaran Tour of Saint Lucia starts with a sailing trip on a spacious catamaran along the west coast of the island. You will enjoy stunning views of the Pitons, which are two volcanic plugs located in the town of Soufrière. You will also get the chance to explore the town of Soufrière and visit the Sulphur Springs and Toraille Waterfall. After exploring the natural wonders of Saint Lucia, you will be taken to the Morne Coubaril Estate for a local Creole buffet lunch. The lunch is prepared using fresh vegetables and provisions grown on the estate. After lunch, you will return to the catamaran and head back up the coast for a swim stop. This is a great opportunity to snorkel in the crystal-clear water and observe the rich marine life of Saint Lucia. You will then finish the tour with a visit to Marigot Bay.
Step 3: Pack the EssentialsTo make the most of your Castries Full Day Catamaran Tour of Saint Lucia, you will need to pack a few essentials. These include: – Swimsuit and beach towel – Sunscreen and hat – Snorkeling gear (if you have your own) – Camera or smartphone to capture the scenic views
Step 4: Know What to ExpectThe Castries Full Day Catamaran Tour of Saint Lucia is a full-day tour that starts at 9:30 am and ends at 4:00 pm. It is ideal for anyone who loves the outdoors and is looking for an adventure. The tour involves moderate physical activity and is suitable for both adults and children.
Step 5: Follow the RulesTo ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience, it is important to follow the rules of the tour. These include: – Following the instructions of the tour guide – Wearing a life jacket during the sailing trip and swim stop – Staying within designated areas during the swim stop and snorkeling – Using the snorkeling gear responsibly – Not littering or damaging the environment In conclusion, the Castries Full Day Catamaran Tour of Saint Lucia is an exhilarating way to explore the natural wonders of the island, including the majestic Pitons, Sulphur Springs, Toraille Waterfall, and Marigot Bay. By following these steps and guidelines, you can plan your perfect day tour and create lasting memories of your visit to Saint Lucia. So, what are you waiting for? Book the tour here and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime!
FAQ About Castries – Your Ultimate Guide to St. Lucia’s Capital CityCastries is the capital city of St. Lucia, a small and beautiful Caribbean island nation. The city has a lot to offer to tourists, from stunning beaches and lush greenery to historical sites and exciting nightlife. In this guide, we’ll answer some frequently asked questions about Castries to help you plan your next trip.
1. What’s the Best Time to Visit Castries?The best time to visit Castries is between mid-December and mid-April. This is the dry season in St. Lucia, and you’ll experience sunny weather and pleasant temperatures. However, this is also the peak tourist season, and prices tend to be higher than other times of the year. If you’re looking for a more affordable time to visit, consider traveling in May or June. Yes, it’s the beginning of the rainy season, but the showers tend to be brief and refreshing. You’ll also benefit from lower hotel rates and fewer crowds. July to November is considered the offseason, and while you might face some challenges due to tropical storms or hurricanes, you’ll enjoy even lower rates and a more laid-back pace.
2. How Do I Get to Castries?If you’re traveling from outside the Caribbean, you’ll most likely arrive at Hewanorra International Airport (UVF), located about an hour’s drive from Castries. The airport serves several major airlines, including American Airlines, Delta, United, and British Airways. You can also go through the smaller George F. L. Charles Airport (SLU), which is only 15 minutes from the city center. Once you arrive, you can take a taxi, shared shuttle, or rent a car to get to Castries. While shared shuttles and taxis are readily available, renting a car can give you more flexibility and freedom to explore the island.
3. What Are Some Must-See Attractions in Castries?Castries has several exciting attractions that you shouldn’t miss, including:
a. Castries MarketThis colorful market is located in the heart of the city, and it’s a great place to buy all sorts of souvenirs, spices, and fresh produce. You’ll find vendors selling everything from handmade crafts to fresh seafood and tropical fruits. Bargaining is expected, so don’t be afraid to haggle for a better price.
b. Derek Walcott SquareThis picturesque square is named after the Nobel Prize-winning poet and playwright who was born in St. Lucia. The park has a stunning fountain, several monuments, and a bandstand where you can catch live music on weekends.
c. La Toc BatteryThis historical fort was built in the early 1800s to defend the island against invading naval forces. Today, you can explore the ruins and enjoy panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea.
d. Vigie BeachThis white-sand beach is a popular local hangout and a great place to swim, sunbathe, and enjoy watersports. You’ll also find several beach bars and restaurants serving up cold drinks and delicious Caribbean cuisine.
4. What Are Some Fun Things to Do in Castries at Night?If you’re looking for some nightlife action, Castries has several options to choose from. Some popular activities include:
a. Gros Islet Street PartyEvery Friday night, the nearby fishing village of Gros Islet hosts a lively street party that attracts locals and tourists alike. You’ll find food stalls, rum punch stands, and several dance floors with live music.
b. Treasure Bay CasinoThis casino is located in the Rodney Bay area and offers a variety of slot machines and table games. You’ll also find a bar and restaurant serving up tasty snacks and cocktails.
c. Castries WaterfrontThe city’s waterfront comes alive at night, and you’ll find several bars and nightclubs with live music and DJs. Head to the City Gate Arcade for a variety of options.
5. What Are Some Beaches Near Castries?While Castries has a few small beaches, some of the best ones are located just a short drive away. Here are some options:
a. Vigie BeachAs mentioned earlier, this beach is located right in Castries and is a popular spot to hang out with the locals.
b. Reduit BeachThis long and wide beach is located in the Rodney Bay area and offers several watersports activities such as kayaking, jet skiing, and banana boat rides.
c. Anse Chastanet BeachThis remote beach is located in the southwestern part of St. Lucia and offers stunning views of the Pitons, two iconic mountain peaks. You’ll need to take a bumpy ride and a short hike to get there, but it’s worth it.
6. What Language Do They Speak in Castries?The official language of St. Lucia is English, but you’ll hear many locals speaking Creole, a French-based patois. Don’t worry; most people are fluent in English and are happy to help tourists.
7. What Currency Do They Use in Castries?The official currency of St. Lucia is the Eastern Caribbean dollar (XCD), but US dollars are widely accepted. You can exchange your money at the airport, banks, or ATMs, but keep in mind that smaller businesses might not accept credit cards, so it’s a good idea to have some cash on hand.
8. Is Castries Safe for Tourists?Castries, like any other tourist destination, has its share of petty crime such as pickpocketing and theft. However, violent crime is rare, and most tourists visit the city without any issues. As with any travel destination, it’s essential to exercise caution and common sense, such as avoiding walking alone at night and not carrying large sums of cash.
Book Your Tour NowCastries is a beautiful, vibrant, and welcoming city that has something to offer for everyone. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, explore historical sites or party at night, Castries won’t disappoint. By planning your trip and following some basic tips, you’ll have an unforgettable experience in St. Lucia’s capital city.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in CastriesCastries, the capital city of Saint Lucia, is a popular tourist destination in the Caribbean with plenty of attractions and things to do. Whether you’re traveling solo, with your partner or family, or in a group, there’s something for everyone in Castries. In this guide, we’ll show you how to spend your time as a tourist in Castries and make the most out of your trip.
1. Visit the Castries MarketThe Castries Market is a must-visit destination for tourists. The market offers a wide variety of local goods, including fresh fruits, vegetables, arts and crafts, and souvenirs. As a tourist, you can stroll around the market and experience the vibrant culture of Saint Lucia. The market is open every day except Sundays, and it’s recommended to visit it in the morning when it’s less crowded.
2. Take a Walk around Derek Walcott SquareNamed after one of Saint Lucia’s most beloved poets and Nobel Laureate, Derek Walcott Square is a historic site located in Castries. The square features a statue of Sir William Arthur Lewis, another Nobel Laureate and Saint Lucian economist. You can take a walk around the square and enjoy the beautiful architectural heritage of Saint Lucia.
3. Visit the Morne Fortune Historical AreaMorne Fortune Historical Area is a must-visit site for history buffs. The area is home to many historical buildings and monuments. You can visit the Government House, which is the official residence of the Governor-General of Saint Lucia, and the Saint Lucia National Archives. You can also visit the Morne Fortuné Cemetery, where many historical figures are buried.
4. Spend a Day at Vigie BeachVigie Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Castries. The beach offers a relaxed atmosphere and a beautiful view of the Caribbean Sea. You can spend a day at the beach, sunbathing or swimming in the clear water. There are also many local restaurants and cafes that serve delicious food around the beach.
5. Take a Hike to Pigeon Island National LandmarkPigeon Island National Landmark is a historic site and nature reserve located in Castries. You can take a hike to the top of the island and enjoy a stunning panoramic view of the Caribbean Sea. The island is also home to many bird species, and you can spot different kinds of birds during your hike. There are also many historic ruins and monuments on the island that you can visit.
6. Explore La Toc Battery FortLa Toc Battery Fort is a military fort that was built in the 18th century to protect Saint Lucia from French invaders. The fort offers a unique experience of Saint Lucia’s military history, and you can explore the different sections of the fort, including cannon placements and barracks. The fort also offers a beautiful view of the Caribbean Sea.
7. Enjoy Local CuisineSaint Lucia offers a delicious blend of Caribbean and Creole cuisine, and you can enjoy local dishes during your stay in Castries. There are many restaurants and cafes that serve traditional Saint Lucian cuisine, such as green fig and saltfish, stewed pork, and callaloo soup. You can also try the local rum and fruit juices, which are popular drinks in Saint Lucia.
Book Your Tour NowCastries, the capital city of Saint Lucia, offers a wide variety of attractions and things to do for tourists. From exploring historical sites to enjoying the beautiful beaches and local cuisine, there’s something for everyone in Castries. By following the tips shared in this guide, you can make the most out of your trip to Castries and experience the vibrant culture of Saint Lucia.
Table of Contents