How to plan your Canyoning Lake Bled Slovenia tourAre you looking for an adrenaline-filled adventure on your next trip to Slovenia? Look no further than the Canyoning Lake Bled tour. This tour offers the opportunity to reconnect with nature and marvel at the breathtaking beauty of Slovenia while navigating the beautiful Bohinj Valley on an exhilarating canyoning tour. In this guide, we will give you all the information you need to plan your Canyoning Lake Bled tour, from booking to what to expect on the day.
Booking Your TourBooking your Canyoning Lake Bled tour is easy with the help of our partner, GetYourGuide. The tour includes pick-up and drop-off, so you don’t have to worry about navigating your way to the starting point. To book your tour, simply click the following link: book the tour here.
What to Expect on the TourOnce you have booked your tour, it’s time to get excited about the adventure that awaits you. Here are some highlights of the tour: 1. Meet your professional guide in the town of Bled and drive to the nearby Bohinj Valley. Get a better appreciation of the gorgeous countryside before you change into all the provided gear at the entrance to the canyon. 2. Follow your certified canyoning guide to experience the adventure of a lifetime. Hike though the deep green forests and climb the amazing canyon walls. 3. Rappel back down to swim in pools of fresh mountain water and jump through waterfalls. The trip typically lasts around 3.5 hours but can vary depending on the group size. Choose from different departure times to suit your schedule.
What’s IncludedThe Canyoning Lake Bled tour includes pick-up and drop-off, as well as all the necessary gear. You’ll be provided with a wetsuit, anorak, life jacket, helmet, and shoes, so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own equipment.
Tour TipsTo ensure you have the best experience possible, here are some tips to keep in mind: 1. Be sure to wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing. You’ll be provided with all the necessary gear, so no need to bring your own. 2. Don’t forget to bring a towel and a change of clothes. You’ll get wet on the tour, so it’s important to have dry clothes to change into afterwards. 3. It’s a good idea to bring a waterproof camera to capture all the amazing views and moments on the tour.
Book Your Tour NowThe Canyoning Lake Bled tour offers an unforgettable adventure for those seeking an adrenaline rush. With beautiful scenery and exhilarating activities, it’s no wonder this tour is a favorite among visitors to Slovenia. Booking your tour is easy with the help of GetYourGuide, and with all the necessary gear provided, all you need to bring is a sense of adventure. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to explore the beauty of Slovenia on a Canyoning Lake Bled tour.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bled City
1) What is Bled City?Bled is a small town located in northwestern Slovenia, in the Julian Alps region. It is situated on the shores of Lake Bled, surrounded by stunning mountains and forests. Bled is popular for its iconic island in the middle of the lake, which is home to the beautiful Assumption of Mary church. The town is known for its scenic views, historic buildings, and outdoor activities.
2) How do I get to Bled?The nearest airport to Bled is Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, which is less than 30 miles away. From the airport, you can take a shuttle, taxi or bus to Bled. There are also regular train and bus services connecting Bled to major cities in Slovenia and other European countries. If you are driving, Bled is easily accessible from the A1 motorway, which runs from Ljubljana to the Austrian border.
3) What are the top attractions in Bled?Bled is famous for its stunning views and natural beauty. Some of the top attractions in Bled include:
i) Lake BledThe crystal-clear waters of Lake Bled are the main attraction in the town. Visitors can swim, paddle or take a boat to the island in the middle of the lake. There are also several walking and cycling paths, as well as panoramic viewpoints around the lake.
ii) Bled CastleBled Castle is perched on a hill above Lake Bled, offering panoramic views of the town and surrounding mountains. It dates back to the 11th century and now houses a museum, restaurant, and souvenir shop.
iii) Island in the LakeThe island in the middle of Lake Bled is home to the iconic Assumption of Mary church, which can be reached by traditional wooden boats known as pletnas. Visitors can explore the church and bell tower, as well as enjoy panoramic views of the lake from the island.
iv) Vintgar GorgeThe Vintgar Gorge is a scenic canyon located just a few miles from Bled. It features a 1.6 km wooden walkway that winds its way through the gorge, passing waterfalls, rapids and pools.
4) What are the best outdoor activities to do in Bled?Bled is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts, with plenty of activities to suit all interests and skill levels. Some of the top outdoor activities in Bled include:
i) HikingThere are numerous hiking trails around Bled, ranging from easy strolls to challenging mountain treks. Some of the most popular routes include the Ojstrica viewpoint, the Mala Osojnica trail, and the ascent to Mount Triglav.
ii) CyclingBled has a network of cycle routes that wind their way through scenic landscapes, passing by Lake Bled, forests, and meadows. Visitors can either bring their own bike or rent one from one of the many rental shops in Bled.
iii) WatersportsLake Bled is ideal for swimming, kayaking, paddleboarding, and rowing. Visitors can rent equipment from several providers located around the lake.
5) When is the best time to visit Bled?Bled is a year-round destination, with each season offering a unique experience. The best time to visit Bled depends on your interests and preferences. Summer (June to August) is the peak tourist season, with warm weather, long days, and plenty of outdoor activities. Winter (December to February) is ideal for skiing, snowboarding, and winter sports. Spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) offer milder weather, fewer crowds, and stunning autumn foliage.
6) What is the local cuisine of Bled?Slovenian cuisine is characterized by its use of fresh, seasonal ingredients and hearty portions. Some of the local dishes to try in Bled include:
i) Bled cream cakeThis iconic dessert consists of layers of crispy pastry, creamy vanilla filling, and whipped cream. It is a must-try when visiting Bled.
ii) Kremna rezinaThis is another popular dessert that originated in Bled. It is similar to the Bled cream cake but with a different shape and filling.
iii) TroutTrout is a popular fish in Slovenia, and it is often served grilled or fried with potatoes and salad.
iv) Carniolan sausageThis is a traditional Slovenian sausage made of pork, bacon, and spices. It is often served with mustard and bread.
7) What are the accommodation options in Bled?Bled offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit all budgets and preferences. There are several hotels, guesthouses, apartments, and campsites located throughout the town, offering stunning views of the lake and mountains. Visitors can also stay in nearby villages such as Bohinj, Radovljica, and Lesce.
Book Your Tour NowBled is a picturesque town nestled in the heart of the Julian Alps, offering stunning views, outdoor activities, and cultural experiences. Whether you are interested in hiking, cycling, watersports, or just soaking up the natural beauty, Bled has something for everyone. With its rich history, local cuisine, and warm hospitality, Bled is a must-visit destination in Slovenia.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in BledBled is a beautiful town in the Julian Alps of Slovenia. It is situated around a stunning emerald green lake called Lake Bled, with the stunning backdrop of the Julian Alps. This beautiful town is a popular tourist destination, known for its stunning scenery, outdoor activities, beautiful castle, and delicious cream cake. If you are planning to visit Bled, here is a guide on how to make the most of your time there.
1. Visit Lake BledLake Bled is the centerpiece of the town and is undoubtedly one of the reasons that Bled is so popular with tourists. The lake itself is beautiful, surrounded by green forests and the towering peaks of the Julian Alps. The best way to experience Lake Bled is to take a walk around it, which will take around 1-2 hours. You can either do this by yourself or take a guided tour that will give you a more in-depth understanding of the lake and its history. Alternatively, you can rent a boat or paddleboard and explore the lake at your own pace.
2. Visit Bled CastlePerched on a steep cliff, Bled Castle offers magnificent views of the lake and the surrounding mountains. The castle was built in the 11th century and has been well preserved. You can visit the castle museum and learn about the history of Bled and the castle itself. You can also enjoy a delicious meal at the castle restaurant or enjoy a glass of Slovenian wine while taking in the jaw-dropping views.
3. Try Bled Cream CakeBled is famous for its delicious cream cake called kremna rezina or simply cream slice. This dessert is made up of layers of puff pastry, vanilla cream, and whipped cream. The original recipe for this cake dates back to 1953 and can be enjoyed at many cafes in the town.
4. Go HikingBled is situated in the heart of the Julian Alps, and hiking is one of the most popular activities to do in the area. There are many trails of varying difficulty that you can explore, ranging from easy walks around the lake to more challenging hikes that will take you up into the mountains. You can take a guided tour or explore on your own, but be sure to wear appropriate hiking gear and take plenty of water and snacks with you.
5. Visit Vintgar GorgeVintgar Gorge is a stunning natural wonder located just a few kilometers from Bled. The gorge is around 1.6 kilometers long and is situated between towering walls of rock. The river Radovna runs through the gorge, and there are numerous wooden bridges and walkways that allow visitors to explore the area safely. The water in the gorge is an incredible blue-green color and is crystal clear, making for some fantastic photo opportunities.
6. Take a Hot Air Balloon RideOne of the best ways to experience the stunning scenery of Bled is by taking a hot air balloon ride. From the sky, you will be able to see the emerald green lake, the towering peaks of the Julian Alps, and the surrounding forests. Hot air balloon rides usually take place at sunrise or sunset and are weather dependent, but they are definitely worth the cost.
7. Explore the Local CuisineSlovenian cuisine is delicious, and there are many restaurants in Bled where you can sample traditional dishes. Some of the local specialties include Carniolan Sausage, Idrija Žlikrofi (a type of dumpling filled with potatoes), and Potica (a sweet bread filled with nuts or honey). Most restaurants in the town offer a mix of traditional cuisine and international dishes, so there is something for everyone.
Book Your Tour NowBled is a beautiful town that offers visitors a range of activities, from hiking in the stunning Julian Alps to exploring the local cuisine. Whether you are a history buff, an outdoor enthusiast or just looking for a relaxing weekend away, Bled has something for everyone. Take a walk around the lake, visit the castle, try the cream cake, and explore the local cuisine. Whatever you choose to do, you are guaranteed to fall in love with the charm and beauty of this Slovenian gem.
Table of Contents