How to Plan Your Athens All Day 10hrs TourLooking for the perfect way to explore Athens with your family or friends? Look no further than the Athens All Day 10hrs tour. This tour is curated specifically for your small group and includes a private driver-guide to show you the best sites the city has to offer. Follow this guide to learn how to plan your Athens All Day 10hrs Tour.
OverviewThe Athens All Day 10hrs tour allows you to leave behind the busloads of tourists and explore Athens in style. This private tour is tailored to your group’s interests and includes a professional English-speaking driver, as well as a spacious Mercedes-Benz vehicle with A/C and child seats. You’ll have Wi-Fi and mobile chargers in the car to keep you connected as you travel. Your tour will include the cost of the entry fees to your selected sites and meals. The itinerary is customizable, and your driver-guide will work with you to plan the perfect route. Typical routes include the Athens Acropolis, Panathenaic Stadium, and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
What’s IncludedYour Athens All Day 10hrs tour includes the following items:
English Speaking Professional DriverYour tour will include a professional English-speaking driver-guide who will share their knowledge of Athens and its ancient sites with you.
Mercedes Benz Vehicles Equipped with A/C and Child SeatsYou’ll travel in style and comfort in a spacious Mercedes-Benz vehicle with air conditioning and child seats to accommodate your group.
Mobile ChargersStay connected as you travel with mobile chargers provided in the vehicle.
Entry Fees to the Archaeological Site(s)The cost of entry fees to your chosen sites is included in your tour.
Cost of MealEnjoy a meal at a local restaurant, which is included in the cost of the tour.
Meeting and PickupYou can be picked up at any agreed-upon location in Athens. Pick-up points can be discussed with the tour provider. Start times are flexible but must be confirmed with the driver-guide in advance of your experience.
Customizing Your ItineraryThe Athens All Day 10hrs tour is fully customizable to your interests. You will work with your driver-guide to plan the perfect route that will take you to the sites you want to see. The driver-guide will share their knowledge of the city and the historical significance of each site.
Why Take the Athens All Day 10hrs Tour?The Athens All Day 10hrs tour is the perfect way to explore Athens with your family or friends. With a private driver-guide and a customizable itinerary, you’ll be able to see the sites that interest you most without being stuck in a large tour group. You’ll have the comfort of a spacious Mercedes-Benz vehicle and the convenience of mobile chargers and Wi-Fi in the car.
How to Book Your Athens All Day 10hrs TourReady to book your Athens All Day 10hrs tour? Follow this link to book your tour today: book the tour here. Plan the perfect Athens excursion with the Athens All Day 10hrs tour, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
FAQ about Athens: Everything You Need to Know Before You GoAthens is a city with a rich cultural heritage, history, and landmarks. Before booking your trip to Athens, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with some of the commonly asked questions about the city. This FAQ will cover everything from transportation and safety to what to see and do in Athens. Let’s get started!
1. When is the best time to visit Athens?The best time to visit Athens is from March to May or from September to November. During these months, the weather is pleasant, and the number of tourists is manageable. If you’re looking for cheaper prices and fewer crowds, consider visiting Athens in December, January, or February.
2. How do I get from the airport to the city center?Athens International Airport is located 27 km from the city center, and there are several transportation options available to get you there. The easiest and most convenient method is to take a taxi or an Uber, which will cost around 38-50 euros. You can also take the metro or a bus, both of which will be significantly cheaper, but may take longer.
3. Is Athens a safe city for travelers?Athens is a generally safe city for travelers, but like any major city, it’s important to exercise some caution. Pickpocketing and petty thefts can occur in crowded areas, so keep an eye on your belongings. It’s also recommended to avoid unlit streets at night and to stay in well-lit, populated areas.
4. What are the must-see sights in Athens?Athens is famous for its ancient landmarks and historical monuments. Some of the must-see sights include: – The Acropolis and the Parthenon – The Ancient Agora – The National Archaeological Museum – The Panathenaic Stadium – The Temple of Olympian Zeus
5. What is the dress code for visiting religious sites?In Greece, it’s appropriate to dress modestly when visiting religious sites. Men should wear pants or long shorts, and women should wear pants or skirts that fall below the knee. It’s also recommended to cover your shoulders.
6. What is traditional Greek cuisine, and where can I find it in Athens?Traditional Greek cuisine is characterized by fresh, simple ingredients and flavors. Some of the must-try dishes include moussaka, souvlaki, Greek salad, and tzatziki. You can find traditional Greek cuisine in many restaurants throughout Athens, but some of the best areas to explore are Plaka and Monastiraki.
7. Do I need to tip in Athens, and if so, how much?Tipping is not mandatory in Athens, but it’s generally appreciated. A good rule of thumb is to leave 5-10% of the total bill as a tip for good service.
8. What are some souvenirs I can buy in Athens?Athens is known for its handmade crafts and artisanal products. Some popular souvenirs to take home include: – Olive oil and olives – Traditional Greek ceramics and pottery – Wines and spirits – Handmade jewelry and textiles – Greek honey and sweets
9. How do I get around Athens?Athens has an extensive public transportation system, including buses, the metro, and trams. It’s also possible to rent bikes or scooters to explore the city. Taking a taxi or an Uber is also an option, but it can be more expensive.
10. What is the nightlife like in Athens?Athens has a vibrant nightlife scene, with many bars and clubs open until the early hours of the morning. Some of the best areas to explore are Psirri and Gazi, which are known for their trendy bars and clubs.
Book Your Tour NowAthens is a city full of history, culture, and delicious food. By familiarizing yourself with these frequently asked questions, you can have a stress-free trip and make the most out of your visit to this incredible destination. Don’t forget to explore beyond the main tourist sites and immerse yourself in the local culture.
How to spend your time as a tourist in Athens
Athens is a city with a rich history, diverse culture, and a unique blend of old and new. As the capital city of Greece, it attracts thousands of tourists every year who come to explore its ancient landmarks and experience its vibrant atmosphere. If you’re planning a trip to Athens, here are some tips on how to make the most of your time as a tourist.
1. Visit the Acropolis
The Acropolis is the most famous landmark in Athens and is an absolute must-visit for any tourist. It’s a hill located at the center of the city and is home to several ancient buildings, including the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, and the Temple of Athena Nike. The Acropolis is accessible daily from early morning until sunset, and it’s recommended to arrive early in the morning or in the late afternoon to avoid the crowds and the heat.
2. Explore the Plaka
The Plaka is a historic neighborhood located at the foot of the Acropolis and is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Athens. It’s a charming and picturesque area that’s full of narrow winding streets, traditional houses, and little shops selling souvenirs, food, and drinks. There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes in the area where you can grab a bite to eat or drink.
3. Discover the Ancient Agora
The Ancient Agora is a large open space located at the northwest foot of the Acropolis, which was once the center of political and social life in ancient Athens. It has many ancient ruins and buildings, such as the Temple of Hephaestus, the Stoa of Attalos, and the Tholos of Athens. It’s also a great place to relax and take in the beautiful surroundings.
4. Visit the National Archaeological Museum
The National Archaeological Museum is one of the most important museums in Greece and showcases a vast collection of ancient artifacts from all over the country. The museum has over 11,000 exhibits, including statues, pottery, and other objects that tell the story of ancient Greece. If you’re interested in Greek history and culture, this is a must-visit destination.
5. Take a walk in the National Garden
The National Garden is a large public park located in the center of Athens and is home to a wide variety of trees, plants, and flowers. It’s a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city for a while and enjoy the peace and tranquility of nature. There are also several ponds, fountains, and ancient ruins scattered throughout the park, making it an interesting place to explore.
6. Go shopping in Ermou Street
Ermou Street is the main shopping street in Athens and is ideal for those who love shopping. It’s full of department stores, boutiques, and shops selling everything from clothes and accessories to souvenirs and electronics. There are also plenty of cafes and restaurants in the area, so you can take a break from shopping and grab a bite to eat.
7. Watch the Changing of the Guard
The Changing of the Guard is a ceremony that takes place every hour in front of the Greek Parliament building. It involves the Evzones, the elite ceremonial soldiers of the Greek Army, who wear traditional uniforms and perform a special routine while guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The ceremony is a great way to experience Greek culture and history.
8. Enjoy the Nightlife
Athens has a vibrant nightlife scene, with plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants to choose from. The areas around Syntagma Square, Monastiraki, and Gazi are particularly popular with locals and tourists alike, and offer a range of options for all tastes and budgets. It’s a great way to experience the lively and fun side of Athens.
Book Your Tour Now
Athens is a city that’s full of history, culture, and vibrancy. It’s a great destination for any tourist who wants to experience the best of Greece. Whether you’re interested in ancient ruins, traditional neighborhoods, or modern nightlife, Athens has something to offer everyone. By following these tips, you can make the most of your time as a tourist in Athens and enjoy all that the city has to offer.
Table of Contents