How to Plan Your 3-Day Camping Safari at Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara National Park in ArushaHave you been longing to explore the wildlife of Tanzania? Look no further than a three-day camping safari at Tarangire, Ngorongoro, and Lake Manyara National Park in Arusha. This itinerary offers exceptional opportunities to discover Tanzania’s remarkable wilderness and experience some of the most beautiful parks in the country. Here’s everything you need to know to plan your camping safari:
OverviewOn this three-day safari trip, you’ll discover Tarangire National Park, which is well known for its elephant migration, beautiful baobab trees, and well-camouflaged leopards. You’ll also visit Lake Manyara National Park, famous for tree-climbing lions and pink flamingos, and Ngorongoro Crater, which has been named one of the world’s Seven Natural Wonders.
What’s IncludedOur tour package includes all park fees and taxes, transportation, camping gear, and an experienced tour guide throughout your journey. You’ll board a Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 safari vehicle fitted with a pop-up roof, power adapters, and six window seats to take in the breathtaking scenery. Here’s what’s included in our package:
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle with a dedicated guide/driver proficient in English language with vast experience in safari guiding and animal behavior.
- All park fees and taxes.
- Camping equipment.
- All meals while on safari.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off if applicable.
- Airfare and visas.
- Yellow fever vaccination is compulsory and may be available at a cost.
- Personal spending money for souvenirs and tipping the staff.
Meeting and PickupWe offer pickup from a variety of locations in Arusha. If you are residing in a hotel or guest house, our tour pick-up times vary depending on your location. If you’re not sure about your pickup location, let us know, and our experienced team will provide you with more information.
What to ExpectOn the first day, you’ll leave Moshi town early in the morning and head towards the Lake Manyara National Park. After noon, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive game drive before the evening where you’ll head back to your reserved campsites for rest and an exquisite dinner. On the second day, you’ll depart for Ngorongoro Crater, where you’ll encounter various animals such as wildebeests, zebras, rhinoceroses, elephants, and lions. Afterward, you’ll camp out in the Serengeti’s extensive plains. On the final day, you’ll rise early for the last game drive in the Serengeti before leaving for Arusha town, where you’ll arrive in the afternoon.
Book Your Tour NowA three-day safari trip to Tarangire, Ngorongoro, and Lake Manyara National Park is an adventure of a lifetime. While on this trip, you’ll connect with nature, experience the beauty of Tanzania, and immerse yourself in unforgettable wildlife encounters. So, what are you waiting for? Book the tour now, pack your bags, and embark on a once-in-a-lifetime safari adventure in Tanzania. Book here!
Arusha City: Your Ultimate Guide to Tanzania’s Gateway to the Northern CircuitArusha, also known as the “Gateway to the Northern Circuit,” is a vibrant city situated at the foothills of Mount Meru in northern Tanzania. Rich in culture and surrounded by breathtaking landscapes, Arusha attracts thousands of tourists each year, making it a significant hub for Northern Tanzania’s tourism industry. If you’re planning to visit Arusha or have any unanswered questions about this beautiful city, this FAQ guide will help you make informed decisions.
1. Where is Arusha?Arusha is located in northern Tanzania, about 120km east of the country’s second-largest city, Mwanza. It sits at the base of the towering Mount Meru, just south of the Equator. The city is also nearby some of Tanzania’s most iconic natural landmarks, such as the Serengeti National Park and Kilimanjaro National Park.
2. How do I get to Arusha?Getting to Arusha is simple and convenient. International visitors can fly directly into Kilimanjaro International Airport, which is only a 45-minute drive away from the city center. Alternatively, you can fly to Julius Nyerere International Airport in Dar-es-Salaam and board a domestic flight to Arusha. If you’re already in Tanzania, there are plenty of local buses and shared taxis that can take you to Arusha from various locations.
3. What is the best time to visit Arusha?The best time to visit Arusha depends on what you want to do there. The city experiences a dry season between June and October, which is ideal for wildlife spotting expeditions in the nearby national parks, including Arusha National Park. The wet season, which lasts from November to May, is the best time for hiking and trekking in the nearby mountains.
4. What are the things to do and see in Arusha?Arusha is a fantastic destination for tourists with numerous attractions and activities to enjoy. Here are some exciting things that you can do and see in Arusha:
i. Visit the Arusha National ParkArusha National Park is one of Tanzania’s most underrated national parks, attracting countless tourists each year. This park boasts of diverse flora and fauna, including Mount Meru, Momela Lakes, and various wildlife, such as leopards, zebras, warthogs, and hyenas.
ii. Explore the Cultural Heritage CenterThe Cultural Heritage Center is a unique complex featuring an art gallery, crafts shops, and an outdoor market where you can buy souvenirs, local arts, and crafts. This center is a great place to learn more about Tanzanian culture, traditional music, and dance performances.
iii. Visit the Meserani Snake ParkIf you’re a wildlife enthusiast, the Meserani Snake Park is a must-see attraction. With over forty different snake species and reptiles, including the deadly black mamba, this park is not for the faint-hearted. The park also has ample picnic areas, a campsite, and a restaurant.
iv. Trek to Mount MeruMount Meru is Africa’s fifth-highest mountain situated in the Arusha National Park. This breathtaking mountain offers trekkers and hikers an unforgettable experience, including breathtaking scenic views of the Tanzanian landscape, wildlife, and diverse vegetation.
5. Where should I stay in Arusha?Arusha has numerous accommodation options that cater to all budgets, from luxury lodges to backpacker hostels. Some of the top-rated hotels in Arusha include The African Tulip, Four Points by Sheraton, and Mount Meru Hotel.
6. What are some of the local dishes in Arusha?Tanzanian cuisine features a variety of spicy and flavorful dishes. Some of the local delicacies to try while in Arusha include:
i. UgaliUgali is Tanzania’s national dish made from cornmeal and is often served with different sauces, such as meat stews or vegetable curries.
ii. Nyama ChomaNyama Choma is roasted meat, which is usually served with kachumbari (a fresh tomato, onion, and chili salad) and ugali.
iii. ChapatiChapati is a flatbread made from wheat flour, which is often served as an accompaniment to stews.
7. How safe is Arusha?Arusha is a relatively safe city for tourists. However, like any other city, there are areas to avoid, such as the low-income neighborhoods. It’s also advisable to take precautions while exploring the city, such as not walking alone at night and keeping your valuables safe.
8. What language is spoken in Arusha?The official language of Tanzania is Kiswahili, which most people in Arusha speak. However, you will also find that many locals speak English, especially in the tourist hotspots.
9. What is the currency used in Arusha?The official currency in Tanzania is the Tanzanian shilling (TZS). Visitors can exchange foreign currency at most banks and foreign exchange bureaus.
10. Are there any festivals in Arusha?Arusha is a vibrant city with various cultural and music festivals throughout the year. Some of the notable festivals to look out for include the Kilimanjaro Marathon, the Kilifair, and the Fadhila Marathon.
Book Your Tour NowArusha is a beautiful city, rich in culture, history, and natural beauty. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s landmarks, trekking in the mountains, or wildlife spotting, there are plenty of exciting things to do and see in Arusha. With this FAQ guide, you’re now well-equipped to make informed decisions and explore this beautiful city to the fullest.
How to spend your time as a tourist in ArushaArusha is a beautiful city located in the northern part of Tanzania, and it is known as the gateway to Tanzania’s wildlife parks, including the famous Serengeti National Park. Arusha is also surrounded by several mountains, which makes the city an excellent destination for adventurous tourists. If you’re planning to visit Arusha soon, here are some things to do and places to visit to make the most of your trip.
1. Visit Arusha National ParkArusha National Park is one of the most beautiful parks in Tanzania. It’s located just a few kilometres from the city center, and it’s perfect for a one day trip. The park is home to several species of animals, including giraffes, elephants, buffaloes, and zebras. You can also see several species of birds, including the African fish eagle, the Augur buzzard, and the Hartlaub’s turaco. You can take a guided walking or driving tour of the park.
2. Climb Mount KilimanjaroIf you’re an adventurous person, then climbing Mount Kilimanjaro should be on your bucket list. Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest peak in Africa and is located just a few hours from Arusha. You can book a guided tour that will take you through one of the many hiking trails to the summit of the mountain. It’s advisable to take at least a week to climb the mountain to help you acclimatize to the high altitude.
3. Visit the Maasai MarketIf you’re interested in buying souvenirs or learning more about Maasai culture, then the Maasai Market is the perfect place to visit. The market is held every day in Arusha and is full of vendors selling traditional handicrafts, clothing, and jewelry. You can also learn about the Maasai people’s way of life, including their traditional dress, diet, and customs. Don’t forget to haggle for the best price!
4. Go on a coffee tourTanzania is known for producing some of the best coffee in the world, and Arusha is home to several coffee estates. You can book a guided tour of one of the estates to learn more about the coffee production process, from harvesting the beans to roasting them. You can also sample some of the best coffee in Tanzania.
5. Take a trip to Lake DulutiLake Duluti is a beautiful crater lake located just a few kilometers from Arusha. It’s a perfect place to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing. You can take a boat ride on the lake, go fishing, or go for a nature walk around the lake’s perimeter. You can also hire a guide to take you to nearby waterfalls.
6. Visit the Ngurdoto CraterNgurdoto Crater is another popular destination for tourists visiting Arusha. The crater is located within Arusha National Park and is home to several species of animals, including buffaloes, monkeys, and zebras. The crater is also a perfect place for hiking and bird watching. You can take a guided tour of the crater, or you can explore it on your own.
Book Your Tour NowArusha is a great destination for tourists looking for adventure, natural beauty, and culture. Whether you’re climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, going on a coffee tour, or visiting one of the many national parks or markets, there’s something for everyone in Arusha. With this guide, you can plan your itinerary and make the most of your trip to Arusha.
Table of Contents