Nestled on Australia’s East Coast, Brisbane is an incredibly diverse city with something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, or indulging in world-class cuisine, this vibrant city has plenty to offer. If you’re planning a trip to Brisbane, it can be challenging to decide which attractions and activities to prioritize, given the sheer number of options available. In this post, we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide to the best things to see and do in Brisbane, so you can make the most of your trip and create unforgettable memories.
The 9 Best Fun Family Activities Brisbane
- Express Segway Tour of Brisbane
- From Brisbane Australia Zoo Transfer and Entry Ticket
- Mount Tamborine Wine Tour With Gourmet Lunch
- Brisbane True Crime Tour
- Brisbane Harley Rides
- Brisbane Afternoon River Sightseeing Cruise
- Brisbane Sightseeing River Cruise With Morning Tea
- Springbrook and Tamborine Rainforest Full Day Tour
- From Brisbane Rainforest and Glow Worm Tour
The 9 Best Fun Family Activities Brisbane
1. Express Segway Tour of Brisbane
Explore the best of Brisbane on an exciting 1 hour and 30 minute Segway tour. With a small group, cruise around on an i2 Segway, the sports car of all segways, and discover breathtaking routes of the city. Your friendly local guide will show you iconic sights such as Kurilpa Bridge, South Bank Parklands, and the Goodwill Bridge, and share stories and insights about Brisbane’s history, culture, and landmarks. After 30 minutes of training, you’ll be ready to hop on the Segway and zoom past the wildlife, birds, and beautiful gardens of the city. This tour covers 12 km and is perfect for those who want to enjoy a personal experience with a small group tour. All safety equipment is provided and a full safety briefing is given before departure. Come see the best of Brisbane on this unforgettable Segway tour!
2. From Brisbane Australia Zoo Transfer and Entry Ticket
Enjoy a hassle-free day exploring the world-renowned Australia Zoo with this convenient transfer and entry ticket from Brisbane. Hop aboard an air-conditioned vehicle and learn all about this iconic attraction from your knowledgeable driver on the way there. Once you arrive, immerse yourself in the zoo’s interactive exhibits and exciting attractions at your own pace. Take in mesmerizing species from around the globe and witness fascinating live shows like Wildlife Warriors and the wildlife hospital. With approximately 6 hours to explore, there’s plenty of time to catch all the highlights, including daily animal shows featuring saltwater crocodiles and more. Don’t miss your chance to discover why Australia Zoo is the most interactive zoo in the world.
3. Mount Tamborine Wine Tour With Gourmet Lunch
Discover the boutique wineries of Mount Tamborine on a full-day wine tour with gourmet lunch. Start the excursion with pickup from Brisbane or Gold Coast and head to some of South East Queensland’s renowned wineries for a guided tasting of award-winning wines. After the wine tastings, relish a delicious 2-course lunch at a scenic location in the mountains. If time allows, stop to sample locally made liqueurs, spirits, cheese and fudge. The tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off, 2-course lunch, 4 guided tastings, and additional snacks and drinks. Note that this tour is not suitable for pregnant women. Indulge in a day of sightseeing and wine tasting in the picturesque Mount Tamborine.
4. Brisbane True Crime Tour
Uncover Brisbane’s macabre criminal past on this 1.5-hour True Crime Tour, as you walk through one of Australia’s oldest settlements. With an expert local guide leading the way, you’ll visit the locations of infamous crime scenes, uncover hidden mysteries of the streets around you, and enjoy great photo and sightseeing opportunities along the way. Learn interesting facts about the city’s dark and crime-ridden history, as you amble through some of Brisbane’s hidden alleyways and nooks. This tour is perfect for those who love true crime stories and want to explore the fascinating criminal past hidden beneath the streets of historic Brisbane. Hotel pickup and drop-off are included, along with an expert guide, while food and drinks are not. Join this Brisbane True Crime Tour and see if you can piece the facts together for yourself.
5. Brisbane Harley Rides
Explore beyond the heart of Brisbane and get an adrenaline rush during a Brisbane Harley Ride. This private tour takes you through the city and countryside on the back of a powerful Harley Davidson motorcycle. Admire the Botanical Gardens, Suncorp Stadium, and reach the summit of Mount Coot-tha for dazzling panoramic views. The ride includes a mix of freeways and winding roads for a thrilling experience. Helmets and jackets are provided, but please note that there is no storage for large backpacks or handbags. The tour is available for anyone at least 8 years old and meets at The Ship Inn Hotel, located near the Southbank railway station and the Mater Hospital bus station. Join this tour with a company that has over 31 years of experience providing high-quality motorcycle adventures.
6. Brisbane Afternoon River Sightseeing Cruise
Discover the beauty of Brisbane on an exciting river sightseeing cruise. Enjoy a 1.5-hour boat tour and explore the highlights of the city with the company of a knowledgeable local guide. Listen to informative commentary about the history and future of Brisbane while taking in breathtaking views of popular attractions such as New Farm Park and the Story Bridge. Snap photos of the stunning scenery along the way and take home a souvenir map to commemorate your experience. With onboard commentary, this tour is perfect for anyone looking to learn more about Brisbane’s culture and landmarks. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable city cruise!
7. Brisbane Sightseeing River Cruise With Morning Tea
Experience the beauty of Brisbane’s River with a morning tea cruise. This 1.5-hour guided tour on the MV Neptune offers informative commentary about the history and future of Brisbane while passing iconic sights such as the Kangaroo Point Cliffs, the city center, and the Story Bridge. Board the Neptune at the City Botanic Gardens River Pontoons and enjoy a cost-effective river tour with fantastic photo opportunities. The tour is available year-round and is ideal for both locals and visitors. Don’t miss out on this relaxing and informative way to see Brisbane’s distinctive river scene. The tour includes morning tea and is perfect for anyone looking for a unique and enjoyable way to explore the city.
8. Springbrook and Tamborine Rainforest Full Day Tour
Discover the stunning beauty of Springbrook and Tamborine Rainforest on a full-day tour. Travel to Tamborine National Park in an air-conditioned bus to marvel at the beauty of Mt Tamborine. Take a stroll on the Gallery Walk and walk high above the rainforest canopy on a cantilever steel bridge. Become an adventurer and visit Glow Worms through manmade caves. Witness the elusive lace monitor, inquisitive bush turkeys, cheeky kookaburra, beautiful white cockatoos and the noisy whip birds who are always calling out to each other. You may even get to meet a few alpacas along the way. Enjoy the diverse wildlife of South East Queensland on this tour.
9. From Brisbane Rainforest and Glow Worm Tour
On this full-day tour from Brisbane, explore the rainforests of Springbrook and Tamborine national parks. Enjoy a walk through the pristine rainforests of a World Heritage Site, visit the Gallery Walk arts and craft district, and see beautiful waterfalls and rock pools. Spot forest wildlife including the shy pademelons, brush turkeys, goanna, and water dragons. See the unique natural bridge with a waterfall plunging into the cave below. Take a guided tour of the award-winning Cedar Creek glow worm caves and finish the day with a rainforest walk to Curtis Falls. A 50-minute drive from the central business district, this tour is a great way to explore Brisbane’s natural beauty.
The Most Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists About BrisbaneBrisbane, the cosmopolitan capital of Queensland, is a city that offers a blend of modern and traditional Australia. It is full of life and offers visitors numerous attractions that can cater to the needs of all types of tourists.Tourists often have a lot of questions about the city, and in this blog post, we will try to answer some of the most frequently asked ones.
1. When is the best time to visit Brisbane?Brisbane is located in the subtropical climate zone with a lot of sunshine throughout the year. However, the best time to visit Brisbane is from March to May in autumn, and from September to November in spring. During these seasons, the weather is pleasant, and the tourist crowds are less.
2. What are the must-visit tourist attractions in Brisbane?Brisbane has a variety of tourist attractions that can cater to different interests. Some of the top-rated tourist attractions in Brisbane are:
• Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the oldest and largest koala sanctuary in the world, housing over 130 koalas. Visitors can cuddle the koalas and take photos with them, along with seeing other native Australian wildlife like kangaroos and wombats.
• South Bank Parklands
South Bank Parklands is a must-visit for tourists, offering a range of activities including swimming at the Streets Beach, visiting the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, watching a movie in the open cinema, and exploring the scenic gardens.
• Story Bridge Adventure Climb
For those who love adventure activities, the Story Bridge Adventure Climb is a perfect choice. It offers a breathtaking climb to the top of the famous Story Bridge, offering panoramic views of Brisbane.
• Brisbane Botanic Gardens
Brisbane Botanic Gardens is a beautiful parkland featuring a vast collection of rare plants and flowers. Visitors can take a guided tour to learn about the flora and fauna of the park.
3. What is the best mode of transportation to get around Brisbane?Brisbane has a well-connected public transport system that includes buses, trains, and ferries. The best way to get around Brisbane is by using the TransLink smart card, which can be used to travel on all public transport services. Visitors can also rent bicycles and explore the city on their own.
4. What are the best areas to stay in Brisbane?Brisbane has a range of accommodation options that can cater to the needs of all types of visitors. Some of the best areas to stay in Brisbane are:
• Central Business District (CBD)
CBD is the heart of Brisbane and the most popular area to stay in Brisbane for tourists. It offers a range of accommodation options, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly hostels, along with numerous restaurants and cafes.
• South Bank
South Bank is another popular area to stay in Brisbane, offering a range of accommodation options and easy access to the South Bank Parklands.
• Fortitude Valley
Fortitude Valley is a trendy and vibrant area that offers a range of nightlife options, making it ideal for young travelers looking for a vibrant experience.
5. What are the best places to shop in Brisbane?Brisbane has a range of shopping options that can cater to different needs. Some of the best places to shop in Brisbane are:
• Queen Street Mall
Queen Street Mall is a pedestrian shopping street located in the heart of the CBD. It offers a range of international and Australian brands, along with numerous eateries and cafes.
• Westfield Chermside
Westfield Chermside is one of the largest shopping centers in Brisbane, offering a range of local and international brands, along with numerous food and entertainment options.
• James Street
James Street is a trendy and vibrant street located in Fortitude Valley. It offers a range of boutique stores, along with numerous cafes and restaurants.
6. What are some local dishes to try in Brisbane?Brisbane has a range of local dishes that can cater to different tastes. Some of the local dishes to try in Brisbane are:
• Moreton Bay bugs
Moreton Bay bugs are a type of local seafood that is popular in Brisbane. They are a type of lobster that is usually grilled, steamed or barbecued.
• Avo smash
Avo smash is a popular breakfast dish in Brisbane, made with avocado, feta cheese, and sourdough bread.
• Tim Tams
Tim Tams are a popular Australian chocolate biscuit that is a must-try for all visitors.In conclusion, Brisbane is a city that has a lot to offer to tourists. Visitors often have a lot of questions about the city, and in this blog post, we have answered some of the most frequently asked ones. By following this guide, visitors can plan their trip and make the most out of their visit to Brisbane.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Brisbane: A Comprehensive GuideBrisbane, the third-largest city in Australia, is home to many beautiful sights and attractions. If you’re planning a visit to Brisbane, there is a lot to see and do, and you may not know where to begin. In this guide, we’ll provide you with a list of the best things to do in Brisbane that will make your trip worthwhile. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s rich history, relaxing by the water or indulging in delicious food, we’ve got you covered.
1. Visit the South Bank Cultural precinctThe South Bank Cultural precinct is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Brisbane, and for a good reason. It’s home to many attractions, including the Queensland Museum, the Queensland Art Gallery, and the Gallery of Modern Art. You can spend an entire day wandering through the galleries and museums, enjoying the art and learning more about the city’s history. Afterward, you can take a stroll through the South Bank Parklands, which is full of beautiful flowers and trees.
2. Take a trip to the Lone Pine Koala SanctuaryThe Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is one of the best places to visit in Brisbane, particularly for families. It’s the world’s first and largest koala sanctuary, where you can see and hold koalas, as well as feed kangaroos and other Australian animals. You can also learn more about the conservation efforts that protect these animals and their natural habitats.
3. Climb the Story BridgeIf you’re looking for a thrilling adventure in Brisbane, then climbing the Story Bridge is a must-do activity. The climb offers breathtaking views of the city from the top of the bridge. You’ll also learn more about the bridge’s history and design from your expert guide. It’s a great way to get your adrenaline pumping while seeing the city from a unique perspective.
4. Explore the City Botanic GardensThe City Botanic Gardens is a beautiful green oasis in the heart of Brisbane. You can take a leisurely stroll through the gardens, enjoy a picnic with friends or relax by the lake. The gardens are home to a vast array of plant species, including tropical plants, bamboo, and fig trees. The best part is that admission is free, making it a great budget-friendly option.
5. Visit the Queensland Performing Arts CentreThe Queensland Performing Arts Centre is a world-class performance venue that attracts some of the best talents in the world. You can catch a show, ranging from musical theater to classical music, here. You’ll feel the energy of the performances and be amazed by the state-of-the-art facilities.
6. Dine at Eat Street NorthshoreFor foodies, visiting Eat Street Northshore is an absolute must. This bustling market is a food lover’s paradise, packed with dozens of food stalls, trucks, and vendors. You can taste an array of cuisines, ranging from street food to gourmet options. It’s a perfect place to explore new food experiences, hang out with friends and enjoy a vibrant atmosphere.
7. Take a day trip to Moreton IslandMoreton Island is a short ferry ride from Brisbane, and it’s well worth the trip. The island is home to breathtaking beaches, crystal-clear waters, and plenty of water activities, such as snorkeling, kayaking, and paddleboarding. You can also spend some time exploring the island’s sand dunes, which are a popular destination for four-wheel-driving enthusiasts.
Book Your Tour NowBrisbane is a vibrant and dynamic city that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for travelers. From exploring cultural sites to indulging in delicious food and drinks, Brisbane has something for everyone. By following this guide, you’ll be able to plan your trip and make the most of your time in this beautiful city. Don’t forget to use sunscreen, wear comfortable shoes, and have a great time!
Table of Contents