Welcome to St Petersburg, a city of rich culture, history, and breathtaking architecture. Known as the cultural capital of Russia, St Petersburg has been attracting tourists from all over the world for centuries. With its stunning palaces, museums, and historical landmarks, there’s a wealth of things to see and do in this fascinating city. But with so much on offer, it can be hard to know where to begin. In this post, we’ll take you on a tour of some of the best attractions and things to do in St Petersburg, so you can make the most of your visit to this amazing city. Let’s get started!
The 3 Best Fun Activities For Adults In St Petersburg
- 2 Hour Guided Segway Tour
- Amazing Helicopter Tour of Treasure Island Johns Pass Don Cesar Resort and Bay
- Jungle Prada Site Tour
The 3 Best Fun Activities For Adults In St Petersburg
1. 2 Hour Guided Segway Tour
Discover the best of St. Petersburg with a 2-hour guided Segway tour of downtown. With morning, afternoon, and evening start times available, it’s easy to fit this well-rounded excursion into your schedule. After a brief training session, follow your guide to top attractions like the Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Vinoy Park Hotel, and more. Along the way, enjoy ample opportunities to take photos and ask questions while gaining insider suggestions on what to see and do. The tour includes the Segway rental, a 2-hour guided tour, and gratuity for the tour guide. Meals are not included. The meeting point is located at Hops2.0, 225 2nd Ave N, St. Petersburg FL 33701 USA. Parking is available on the street or at the public metered hourly parking lot at 231 2nd Ave N. Don’t miss out on this exciting and convenient way to explore St. Petersburg!
2. Amazing Helicopter Tour of Treasure Island Johns Pass Don Cesar Resort and Bay
Experience St. Petersburg from a new and exciting perspective by booking a private helicopter tour. This personalized tour offers an exclusive opportunity to fly over the stunning coastline of Treasure Island and see John’s Pass and the famed beachfront Don CeSar Resort from a bird’s eye view. Your knowledgeable pilot will point out key sites and provide information about each, giving you a truly immersive experience. This private tour includes an air-conditioned vehicle and gratuities, and ends back at the meeting point located at 540 1st St S in St. Petersburg, Florida. Note that there is a weight limit of 299 lbs per passenger and confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to see St. Petersburg in a whole new way.
3. Jungle Prada Site Tour
Discover the Jungle Prada Site in St. Petersburg and uncover the rich Native American history through a guided tour of the archaeological site. Led by a historian, learn about the Tocobaga tribe who lived there 900 years ago and the Spanish conquistadors who arrived in the area in the 16th century. Marvel at the artifacts from the ruins displayed in the onsite museum and climb to the top of a well-preserved Native American mound. With a small group, you’ll get more personal attention from your guide. Choose from morning or afternoon tours, and enjoy the convenience of onsite parking and transportation to and from the attraction. Don’t miss this chance to explore the lush property and learn about the fascinating history of the region.
Frequently Asked Questions About St. PetersburgSt. Petersburg is a beautiful city located in Northwestern Russia, on the Baltic Sea. It is an important cultural and economic center of Russia, known for its stunning architecture, rich history, and vibrant cultural scene. If you are planning a trip to St. Petersburg, you might have some questions about the city. This post aims to answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists.
1. What is the best time to visit St. Petersburg?The best time to visit St. Petersburg is during the summer months, from June to August, when the weather is warm and sunny, and the days are long. This is the peak tourist season, so expect crowds and higher prices. If you are on a budget, you might consider visiting in the shoulder season, from May to September, when the weather is still pleasant but the crowds have thinned out.
2. What are the must-visit attractions in St. Petersburg?St. Petersburg is home to numerous attractions that are worth a visit. Some of the top attractions include:
- The Hermitage Museum
- The Winter Palace
- The Peterhof Palace and Gardens
- The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- The St. Isaac’s Cathedral
- The State Russian Museum
- The Mariinsky Theatre
3. What is the Hermitage Museum, and how much time should I spend there?The Hermitage Museum is one of the largest and most impressive museums in the world. It is located in the Winter Palace, which was the residence of the Russian tsars. The museum houses over three million works of art and artifacts, including paintings, sculptures, and historical objects.You should plan to spend at least half a day in the Hermitage Museum, but you could easily spend a whole day or more if you are a serious art lover. The museum is open every day except Mondays, and the best time to visit is in the morning when it is less crowded.
4. How do I get around in St. Petersburg?St. Petersburg has an extensive public transportation system that includes metro, buses, trams, trolleybuses, and marshrutkas (small minibusses). The metro is the fastest and most convenient way to get around, with five lines and over 70 stations.If you prefer to travel by taxi, make sure to use an official taxi service, such as Yandex Taxi or Uber. Avoid hailing taxis on the street, as they might overcharge you.
5. What is the food like in St. Petersburg?St. Petersburg offers a diverse culinary scene, with plenty of restaurants, cafes, and street food vendors. Russian cuisine is hearty and flavorful, with lots of meat, fish, vegetables, and grains.Some popular dishes to try in St. Petersburg include:
- Borscht (beet soup)
- Pelmeni (meat dumplings)
- Blini (thin pancakes)
- Kotleti (meat meatballs)
- Smoked salmon