Welcome to Santa Monica, a coastal city known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant culture, and countless attractions. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, there is no shortage of things to do in this Southern California hotspot. Santa Monica is home to world-famous landmarks and entertainment options, from the iconic Santa Monica Pier to the bustling Third Street Promenade. With so much to see and experience, it can be difficult to know where to start. In this post, we’ll guide you through the best attractions and things to do in Santa Monica, ensuring that you make the most of your time in this beautiful city.
The 3 Best Fun Activities For Adults In Santa Monica
- La Tour Golden 6 Hollywood
- Santa Monica Private Tour by Electric Bike
- Santa Monica and Venice Beach Segway Tour
The 3 Best Fun Activities For Adults In Santa Monica
1. La Tour Golden 6 Hollywood
During your visit to Los Angeles, take the opportunity to see some of the city’s most famous attractions with a private half-day driving tour. This customizable tour takes all the guesswork out of exploring the city, allowing you to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.
Your journey starts with the pickup from your preferred address in a luxurious, air-conditioned vehicle, equipped with Wi-Fi charging ports and even a Big Screen Smart TV/Apple TV. From here, your driver will take you to some of Hollywood’s most iconic landmarks, including the Hollywood Sign, Downtown LA, the Griffith Observatory, and Rodeo Drive. With this tour, you’ll have the chance to see all of the top attractions in just half a day!
Not only is this tour ideal for travelers who only have a limited amount of time in Los Angeles, but it’s also customizable to suit your interests and preferences. Whether you want to visit the city’s legendary beaches or iconic restaurants, your itinerary can be tailored to make the most out of your time in LA.
Bottled water will be provided during your trip, making sure that you stay hydrated, making this trip the most comfortable and luxurious as you get to experience the beauty of Los Angeles. So book your private tour today, and get ready for a relaxing exploration of LA’s best attractions!
2. Santa Monica Private Tour by Electric Bike
Explore the vibrant coastal city of Santa Monica on a private tour by electric bike. Your guide will lead you along the city’s palm-lined streets, past top attractions including the Santa Monica Pier, and to the bustling Venice Oceanfront Walk with its street art and skate park. The tour also highlights the serene Venice canals and Muscle Beach. Enjoy the laid-back culture and classic scenery of this iconic beach town on a convenient and eco-friendly electric bike. Bottled water and a professional guide are included in the tour, as well as the use of a helmet. Don’t forget to tip your guide if you enjoyed the tour! Meet at the designated meeting point for pickup.
3. Santa Monica and Venice Beach Segway Tour
Explore the beautiful outdoor environment of Santa Monica and Venice Beach during this Segway tour in Los Angeles. Cover lots of ground as you zip along to the many attractions of these two coastal areas including Santa Monica Pier, the Venice Boardwalk, and Muscle Beach. Along the way, hear insightful commentary from your guide about the area’s history and culture. Your Segway excursion also includes a brief orientation, safety equipment, and snacks and beverages. The tour includes a 30-minute Segway orientation, use of Segway and safety equipment (helmet), as well as bottles of water and small snacks. Additionally, gratuities are included but hotel pickup and drop-off are not. You have the option of choosing a morning or afternoon departure. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to explore some of the top area sights of Santa Monica and Venice Beach, and learn about the history and culture of these vibrant areas from your guide.
The Ultimate Guide to Santa Monica: Answering Tourists’ Most Frequently Asked QuestionsAre you planning a trip to Santa Monica but have lots of questions? Well, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about Santa Monica and answered them thoroughly. Let’s dive in!
1. What is Santa Monica known for?Santa Monica is a beachfront city located in western Los Angeles County, California. It’s well-known for its stunning beaches, Santa Monica Pier, and world-class shopping and dining options. Santa Monica is also a hub for outdoor activities, such as surfing, biking, hiking, and yoga.
2. What’s the best time to visit Santa Monica?The best time to visit Santa Monica is between March and May or September and November. The temperatures are mild, and the crowds are smaller compared to the peak season (June through August). Although, if you’re looking for a more festive atmosphere, visit Santa Monica during the summer months when the pier hosts events like Twilight Concerts and a summer movie drive-in.
3. How do I get to Santa Monica?The closest airport to Santa Monica is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). From there, you can take a taxi or rideshare, or rent a car to get to Santa Monica. If you’re driving, take the I-10 freeway west and exit at 4th street. Additionally, if you’re traveling from downtown or Hollywood, you can take the Metro Expo Line, which stops at several locations in Santa Monica.
4. What are the best beaches in Santa Monica?Santa Monica is known for its long stretch of beautiful sandy beaches. The most popular ones include Santa Monica State Beach, Will Rogers State Beach, and Venice Beach. If you’re looking for a spot to sunbathe, hang out with friends, and play beach volleyball or paddleball, Santa Monica State Beach is the perfect spot for you.
5. What is there to do at the Santa Monica Pier?The Santa Monica Pier is a must-visit destination when in Santa Monica. It’s home to several attractions, including an amusement park with a Ferris wheel, a carousel, and a roller coaster. There are also several souvenir shops, restaurants, and bars. Lastly, don’t forget to take a stroll down the Pier and enjoy the stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
6. What’s the best way to get around Santa Monica?One of the best ways to get around Santa Monica is by bike. You can rent a bike from one of the several vendors located around the city, and take a ride along the famous Santa Monica bike trail. In addition, there’s a free shuttle service called the Big Blue Bus that operates throughout the city, and the Metro Expo Line provides access to downtown Los Angeles.
7. What are some of the best restaurants in Santa Monica?Santa Monica has a reputation for being a foodie’s paradise. There are countless restaurants to choose from, ranging from upscale fine dining to food trucks. Here are some of our top picks:- Rustic Canyon
– The Lobster
– Tar & Roses
– Huckleberry Cafe
8. What are some popular shopping destinations in Santa Monica?Santa Monica is famous for its shopping options. From high-end designer brands to vintage shops, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of the most popular shopping destinations:- Third Street Promenade
– Santa Monica Place
– Montana Avenue
– Abbot Kinney Boulevard
– Main Street
9. What outdoor activities can I do in Santa Monica?Santa Monica has plenty of outdoor activities to offer. Whether you want to go for a hike or hit the beach, here are some of our top picks:- Will Rogers State Historic Park
– Los Liones Trail
– Point Dume State Beach
– Topanga State Park
– Santa Monica Stairs
10. Where are some accommodations in Santa Monica?Santa Monica offers a variety of accommodations that cater to different budgets and preferences. Here are some of our favorites:- Shutters on the Beach
– The Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows
– Hotel Casa del Mar
– Shore Hotel
– The Georgian Hotel