If you’re planning a trip to Cancun, you’re in for a treat! This vibrant city is renowned for its stunning beaches, lively nightlife, and of course, its delicious food and drinks. Whether you’re a seasoned foodie or simply looking to explore the local cuisine, there’s no shortage of options in Cancun. One of the best ways to experience the flavors of the region is by taking a food and drink tour. In this post, we’ll be sharing some of the best tours available in Cancun, from tequila tastings to street food crawls. So pack your appetite and let’s dive in!
The 2 Best Food & Drink Tours in Cancun
- The Best Night Show on Chichen Itza Lunch Transportation Cenote Valladolid
- The Most Extreme Sppedboat Tour in Cancun Snack Snorkel Bilingual Guide
The 2 Best Food & Drink Tours in Cancun
1. The Best Night Show on Chichen Itza Lunch Transportation Cenote Valladolid
This day trip is perfect for those who want to see the best of northern Yucatan in a short amount of time. The tour includes a visit to Valladolid, where you can explore one of the region’s oldest villages and tour a tequila museum. You’ll also have the opportunity to swim in a cenote and see the *Night of Kukulkan* light and sound show at Chichen Itza, where you’ll learn about the city’s history and the Maya civilization. The hassle-free round-trip transportation from Cancun includes lunch, admission to the cenote and Mayan Village Hubiku, and air-conditioned transportation. Don’t forget to bring extra cash for drinks at the restaurant and for taxes on professional or GoPro cameras at Chichen Itza. Vest lives and lockers are also provided at the cenote for your convenience. The tour starts at 10:30 AM and offers pickup points for various hotels.
2. The Most Extreme Sppedboat Tour in Cancun Snack Snorkel Bilingual Guide
Race through the mangrove labyrinths around Cancun at the wheel of your very own speedboat on this Caribbean adrenaline adventure known as The Most Extreme Sppedboat Tour in Cancun Snack Snorkel Bilingual Guide. The tour takes you to Punta Nizuc where you’ll get to snorkel amid underwater sculptures and impressive marine life while using provided snorkeling equipment and life jacket. You can choose between single or shared boat options, where shared boats are suitable for two adults, one adult and two children, or two adults and one child. The tour package includes bottled water, but towels are not provided, so make sure to bring your own. Upgrade to add round-trip transfers which will allow you to plan your day more efficiently and enjoy more activities. After the tour, you’ll have access to lockers and showers at the tour base to freshen up before your next adventure. The tour also includes Marine Life Conservation Fee of $15 USD per person, but photos and videos will come at additional cost. With plenty of departure slots available, this tour is perfect for anyone who wants to add some excitement to their Caribbean vacation.
Most Frequently Asked Questions by Tourists about CancunCancun is one of the top tourist destinations in Mexico, attracting millions of visitors each year. With its white sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, natural wonders, and rich culture, Cancun has something for everyone. However, there are a lot of questions and uncertainty around traveling to Cancun. In this article, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about Cancun.
1. What is the Best Time to Visit Cancun?The best time to visit Cancun is from December to April. This is the dry season in Cancun with plenty of sunshine and comfortable temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the high 80s. The rainy season is from May to October, and it can get extremely hot and humid during this time. However, visiting Cancun during the rainy season can be a great way to save some money since prices tend to be lower.
2. What is the Currency Used in Cancun?The official currency of Mexico is the Mexican Peso (MXN). However, most tourist areas in Cancun accept US dollars as well. Keep in mind that if you pay with US dollars, you may receive change in Mexican pesos, and the exchange rate might not be favorable. It’s recommended to exchange some money to Mexican pesos to have on hand for local shops and restaurants that don’t accept US dollars.
3. How Safe is Cancun?Cancun is generally considered a safe destination to visit. However, like any other tourist destination, there are some precautions you should take to ensure your safety. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash and valuables, don’t walk alone at night, and be cautious when taking taxis. Stick to tourist areas like the Hotel Zone and avoid venturing into areas you are not familiar with.
4. What are the Must-Visit Attractions in Cancun?Cancun has a vast array of attractions and activities to choose from, but some of the must-visit attractions include:
- The Mayan Ruins of Tulum
- Chichen Itza – One of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Isla Mujeres – A small island known for its beaches and snorkeling
- Xcaret Park – A natural eco-park with swimming lagoons, caves, and a coral reef aquarium
- Cenotes – Underground caves filled with crystal-clear water
5. What Types of Food Should I Try in Cancun?Mexican cuisine is a mix of Spanish and indigenous flavors and spices, and Cancun has no shortages of delicious food. Here are some of the must-try foods in Cancun:
- Tacos – Often made with pulled pork or chicken, topped with cilantro, onions, and salsa
- Ceviche – A seafood dish made with fresh fish, lime juice, onions, and tomatoes
- Tamales – Filled with either meat or cheese and wrapped in a corn husk
- Guacamole – Made with fresh avocado, onions, tomatoes, and lime juice
- Mexican Street Corn – Grilled corn on the cob smothered in mayonnaise, cheese, and spices
6. What Beaches Should I Visit in Cancun?Cancun is famous for its stunning beaches. Some of the top beaches to visit in Cancun include:
- Playa Delfines – A popular beach with turquoise water and soft sand
- Playa Tortugas – A family-friendly beach with calm water and fun water activities
- Playa Norte – Located on Isla Mujeres, a small island off the coast of Cancun. Quiet and peaceful with crystal-clear water
- Playa Chac Mool – A long stretch of beach with plenty of space to relax and sunbathe
7. What Should I Wear in Cancun?Cancun has a tropical climate, so lightweight and breathable clothing are recommended. Loose-fitting clothing is also recommended to help keep cool in the heat. Pack plenty of swimwear, sunscreen, hats, and sandals. If you’re planning to visit any religious sites or cultural attractions, avoid wearing shorts or revealing clothing out of respect.
8. How Can I Get Around in Cancun?The most popular way to get around in Cancun is by taxi. However, if you’re looking to save some money, you could also use public transportation. The public buses are inexpensive and run throughout Cancun and the surrounding areas. Rental cars are also an option but are more expensive and require an international driver’s license. If you’re staying in the Hotel Zone, walking or biking is another option.
How to spend your time as a tourist in CancunCancun, a coastal city on the Yucatan Peninsula, is touted as one of the most popular vacation destinations in Mexico. The city teems with visitors throughout the year, thanks to its picturesque beaches, warm weather, and Americanized atmosphere. There are countless things to do in Cancun, making it the perfect destination for everyone from families with small children to groups of friends on a wild adventure. In this article, we will cover an array of exciting activities, recommendations to get the most out of your trip, and tips and tricks to help you navigate the city like a pro.
1. Explore Cancun’s beachesCancun is famous for its white sandy beaches, crystal-clear turquoise water, and year-round warm weather. You can explore the beaches of Cancun using various modes of transportation like a car, bike, or on foot. Some of the famous beaches of Cancun include:
1.1 Playa DelfinesPlaya Delfines is regarded as one of Cancun’s most beautiful beaches. It is most famous for its large-scale El Angel sculpture located on the beach that is emblematic of Cancun. This beach is also very popular among surfers and bodyboarders.
1.2 Playa TortugasPlaya Tortugas is a favorite among tourists because of its calm waters and beautiful white sand. This beach is perfect for families with children since the water is shallow and there are plenty of lounge umbrellas available to rent. There are also many water sports activities available for those looking for a more thrilling experience.
2. Take a day trip to Isla MujeresIsla Mujeres, a small island located a short boat ride from Cancun, is a must-visit spot for tourists. The island’s stunning beaches, natural beauty and laid-back lifestyle make it the perfect place for a day trip. You can reach Isla Mujeres by taking a ferry from Cancun, which is both affordable and convenient.
2.1 Visit Garrafon Natural Reef ParkGarrafon Natural Reef Park, located on the southern tip of Isla Mujeres, is one of the island’s most popular attractions. The park offers many activities like snorkeling, zip-lining, kayaking, and swimming with dolphins. You can also rent a bicycle to explore the beautiful surroundings.
2.2 Appreciate the beauty of Punta SurPunta Sur, located on the southern end of Isla Mujeres, is home to a picturesque landscape and thriving wildlife. This stunning natural reserve boasts of Mayan Ruins, a lighthouse, and a sculpture park, making it the perfect place for a day of exploration.
3. Visit the ancient ruins of Chichen ItzaChichen Itza, one of the world’s most iconic archaeological sites, is a must-visit place if you’re into history and ancient culture. This ancient Mayan city dates back to the 9th century AD and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The site offers various attractions,
3.1 The great ballcourtThe great ballcourt is the most massive ballcourt in the Mayan world. The court measures 168 meters long and 70 meters wide, and it was here that the ancient Mayans played their ceremonial game of sacrifice.
3.2 Kukulkan PyramidKukulkan Pyramid, also known as the Temple of Kukulkan, is the most famous building at Chichen Itza. The pyramid is a testament to the Mayan’s advanced astronomy skills as it has 365 steps, one for each day of the year.
4. Go scuba diving in the reef system of CancunCancun boasts of having the second-largest coral reef system in the world. This makes it the perfect destination for scuba diving enthusiasts. There are various diving tours available, from beginner-level diving for novices to night diving for the more experienced. No matter what level you’re at, Cancun has a diving experience to cater to everyone’s needs.
4.1 Dive at the Underwater Museum of ArtThe Underwater Museum of Art is an excellent destination for scuba diving enthusiasts. It is a unique museum with over 500 sculptures submerged under the water’s surface, making it one of the largest underwater sculptures of its kind. The museum is a collaborative effort between various artists and conservationists aimed at raising awareness of coral reef conservation.
5. Visit the Xcaret Eco-Archaeological ParkXcaret Eco-Archaeological Park is an excellent day trip destination for tourists who want to experience the wonders of nature while learning about ancient Mayan culture. The park offers a variety of attractions,
5.1 Underground rivers and natural poolsThe park is home to several natural pools and underground rivers that visitors can swim and snorkel in. These rivers and pools are formed by the region’s natural water filtration system and are considered crystal-clear.
5.2 Experiencing an authentic Mayan ritualXcaret Eco-Archaeological Park also conducts an authentic Mayan ceremony that visitors can partake in. The ceremony is performed by traditional Mayan priests and includes songs, dances, and offerings to Mayan gods.
6. Explore the culinary scene of CancunCancun’s culinary scene is a testament to its multicultural society. The city teems with restaurants that cater to all types of cuisines, from traditional Mexican to international dishes. Some of the most famous restaurants in Cancun include:
6.1 La DestileriaLa Destileria is a restaurant that specializes in traditional Mexican cuisine. The restaurant is famous for its tequila bar, where visitors can sample some of the best tequila in Mexico.
6.2 Puerto MaderoPuerto Madero is a restaurant that serves Argentinean cuisine. It has a beautiful seaside location and offers some of the best grilled meats in the city.
ConclusionThere’s no shortage of fun activities and interesting sights in Cancun. Whether you’re looking to explore ancient Mayan culture, scuba dive in the world’s second-largest coral reef, or relax on some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, Cancun has something for everyone. With this guide, you’ll have everything you need to make your trip to Cancun a memorable one.
Table of Contents