Sweimah, a small coastal town located on the eastern shore of the Dead Sea, is a must-visit destination for anyone planning a trip to Jordan. This tranquil resort town is known for its stunning natural beauty, serene environment, and numerous attractions that suit every type of traveler. Whether you’re seeking an adventurous outdoor experience, a calming retreat, or a cultural immersion, Sweimah has something to offer. In this blog post, we’ll take a deep dive into the best attractions and things to do in Sweimah to help you plan a memorable trip. So buckle up and get ready to explore the hidden gems of Sweimah!
The 3 Best Family Things to Do in Sweimah
- One Day Tour to Jerash and Ajlon from the Dead Sea
- Private Tour Petra and Wadi Rum Day Trip from Dead Sea
- Private Six Hours Tour Amman With Lunc from Dead Sea
The 3 Best Family Things to Do in Sweimah
1. One Day Tour to Jerash and Ajlon from the Dead Sea
Enjoy a full day of historic sightseeing on this private tour of Jerash and Ajloun Castle from Dead Sea hotels. Avoid the hassle of public transportation and travel with ease in an air-conditioned vehicle equipped with WiFi. Visit ancient Roman ruins, drive through scenic hillsides, and take in sweeping views from the medieval fortifications of Ajloun Castle. This private tour ensures personalized service and includes bottled water and an English-speaking driver. Please note that meals, admission fees, a local guide at the site, personal expenses, and gratuities are not included. Pickup is available at any area in Dead Sea at 9:00 AM. Book in advance for a convenient and stress-free day trip.
2. Private Tour Petra and Wadi Rum Day Trip from Dead Sea
Discover two of Jordan’s most celebrated attractions on this full-day excursion to Petra and Wadi Rum from Dead Sea. Begin by exploring the ancient city of Petra, a rock-carved city with royal tombs and the iconic Treasury building. Then, embark on a 4X4 tour of Wadi Rum and access remote stretches of desert. Your tour includes a tasty lunch buffet, door-to-door vehicle transfers, and a 2-hour tour of Petra with a local guide. Alcoholic drinks are available to purchase and gratuities are not included. Pick up is available at Ma’in Hot Springs hotel. Book now for an in-depth introduction to two top historical and natural attractions in Jordan.
3. Private Six Hours Tour Amman With Lunc from Dead Sea
See the sights of Amman on this private six hours tour from Dead Sea. This tour will take you to Amman, the capital city of Jordan, where you can explore the rich culture and history of the city. You will visit the famous Al Bukaria Souk, where you can shop for gold and spices. The trip also includes a visit to the Citadel, which offers a breathtaking view of the Old City of Amman.
Your private transfer will be in a new air-conditioned vehicle and an English-speaking driver will be with you throughout the tour. Hotel pick up and drop off at the Dead Sea is included, as well as all types of meals and beverages, unless you opt for the lunch package. Gratuity for the driver guide and horse boy is also included, but offered as a recommendation.
This private tour is the perfect way to explore Amman from Dead Sea, allowing you to see the top sights of the capital city. With hotel pick up and drop off provided, you can relax and enjoy the journey without any hassle.
The Ultimate Guide to Sweimah for Tourists: Frequently Asked Questions AnsweredIf you are planning a trip to the city of Sweimah, Jordan, you’ll probably have many questions about what to expect, what to do, and where to go. Sweimah is a beautiful city known for its hot springs, rich history, and stunning scenery, nestled on the eastern edge of the Dead Sea. In this guide, we’ll answer the most frequently asked questions about Sweimah to help make your trip planning easier.
1. Where is Sweimah?Sweimah is located on the eastern coast of the Dead Sea in Jordan, approximately 60 km southeast of Amman, the capital city of Jordan. The city itself is situated at an altitude of 394 meters below sea level.
2. What is the best time to visit Sweimah?The best time to visit Sweimah is during the spring or autumn when temperatures are more moderate, and the weather is mild. Summers in Sweimah can be extremely hot, with temperatures regularly exceeding 40°C. If you are planning to visit in the summer, be sure to stay hydrated and avoid going outside during the hottest parts of the day.
3. Are there any historical sites to visit in Sweimah?Sweimah is home to several historical sites, including the Herod the Great’s Palace, Qumran Caves, and the Baptism Site (Bethany Beyond the Jordan), where Jesus is believed to have been baptized by John the Baptist. These sites offer a glimpse into the ancient history of the region and are a must-visit for anyone interested in the area’s biblical past.
4. What are the best outdoor activities to do in Sweimah?Sweimah is known for its beautiful natural scenery, and there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. Some of the most popular activities include hiking in the Mujib Nature Reserve, bird-watching in the Azraq Wetland Reserve, and swimming or floating in the Dead Sea. The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth, and its high salt content makes it easy for visitors to float on its surface.
5. What is the local cuisine in Sweimah?Jordan is known for its delicious cuisine, and Sweimah is no exception. Some of the local specialties include mansaf, a traditional Jordanian meal made with lamb and served with rice and yoghurt, and mutabbal, a roasted eggplant dip. Be sure to try some local sweets as well, such as kunafa or baklava.
6. What is the dress code in Sweimah?Jordan is a conservative country, and visitors are expected to dress modestly. This means covering shoulders, knees, and midriff in public places. However, at resorts and beaches, you can wear beachwear such as swimsuits.
7. What is the official language spoken in Sweimah?The official language of Jordan is Arabic, but English is widely spoken and understood in Sweimah, especially in tourist areas.
8. What is the currency used in Sweimah?The currency used in Jordan is the Jordanian Dinar (JOD). Most hotels, restaurants, and shops accept credit cards, but it’s always a good idea to carry a small amount of cash for smaller purchases.
9. Is Sweimah safe to visit?Sweimah is considered a safe city for tourists to visit. However, it’s always a good idea to take basic safety precautions, such as being aware of your surroundings, avoiding dark or isolated areas at night, and not flashing valuables.
10. Can I drink alcohol in Sweimah?Alcohol is legal in Jordan and is available for purchase at licensed bars and hotels. However, it’s not widely consumed in Sweimah, which is a conservative city, and it’s important to respect local customs and traditions.In conclusion, Sweimah is a beautiful, historic, and unique city worth a visit for anyone traveling to Jordan. With its hot springs, stunning scenery, and fascinating history, Sweimah is a perfect destination for those looking to explore the beauty and culture of Jordan. We hope this guide has answered some of your most pressing questions and helped you plan your trip.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in SweimahIf you’re looking for a destination that offers beautiful beaches, rich culture, and breathtaking natural landscapes, then Sweimah should be at the top of your list. This Jordanian city is rich in history and has plenty to offer its visitors. Here is a guide on how to spend your time as a tourist in Sweimah.
1. Visit the Dead SeaOne of the main reasons tourists visit Sweimah is to experience the Dead Sea. Known for its high salt concentration, people come from all over the world to float effortlessly in its water. It’s said that the minerals in the water have therapeutic properties too, so make sure to slather yourself in mud before you head into the water.
How to Get ThereThe Dead Sea is only a 10-minute drive from Sweimah. You can hire a taxi or rent a car. There are also organized tours that offer transportation and a guide.
2. Explore the Ma’in Hot SpringsIf you’re looking for another natural attraction, be sure to visit the Ma’in Hot Springs. These natural hot waterfalls are located in the heart of a mountainscape and are a perfect spot to relax and soak in the mineral-rich hot water. There are also plush hotels that offer luxurious spa treatments using the hot springs’ water.
How to Get ThereMa’in Hot Springs is located around 30 minutes away from Sweimah. The easiest way to get there is by hiring a taxi.
3. Visit the Baptism SiteThe Baptism Site is another popular attraction that tourists visit when they are in Sweimah. This is the spot where it is believed Jesus Christ was baptized. You can have a guided tour and learn more about the beliefs surrounding the site.
How to Get ThereThe Dead Sea is only a 15-minute drive from Sweimah. You can hire a taxi or rent a car. There are also organized tours that offer transportation and a guide.
4. Tour Mount NeboMount Nebo is where it is said that Moses got his first glimpse of the Promised Land in the Bible. Here you can find a stunning memorial church that contains ancient mosaics, including one depicting the early map of the Holy Land. The view from Mount Nebo is spectacular and worth the trip.
How to Get ThereMt Nebo is situated around 45 minutes away from Sweimah. You can hire a taxi or rent a car. Organized tours are also available.
5. Explore Wadi MujibWadi Mujib is a must-visit for adventure seekers. This is the lowest nature reserve in the world and offers adventure activities like hiking, canyoneering, and kayaking. If you’re looking for a thrill-seeking adventure, this is the place to go.
How to Get ThereWadi Mujib is around a 40-minute drive from Sweimah. You can hire a taxi or rent a car.
6. Relax at the Sweimah BeachAfter exploring all the tourist attractions, take some time to relax at the Sweimah Beach. The beach is known for its crystal blue waters, soft sand, and breathtaking sunset views. It’s the perfect spot to unwind and soak up the sun.
How to Get ThereThe Sweimah Beach is located within the city, and it’s easily accessible by foot, car or taxi.
Book Your Tour NowSweimah is a city that has something to offer for everyone. Whether you’re a history buff, adventure junkie, or just looking to relax, Sweimah has got you covered. Be sure to visit these tourist attractions and make the most of your trip.
Table of Contents