Welcome to Salt Lake City, Utah, the state capital and home to a plethora of amazing attractions and things to do. Whether you’re a history buff, outdoor enthusiast, foodie or art lover, Salt Lake City has something to offer everyone. In this post, we’re going to explore some of the best attractions and activities that you won’t want to miss during your visit. So grab a pen, take notes, and get ready for an unforgettable adventure in this beautiful city.
The 2 Best Day Trips in Salt Lake City
- Yellowstone and Tetons National Parks in Depth 4 Days
- Salt Lake City Tour and Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performance
The 2 Best Day Trips in Salt Lake City
1. Yellowstone and Tetons National Parks in Depth 4 Days
Discover the natural beauty of Yellowstone and Grand Tetons national parks with this immersive 4-day tour. Led by an expert and entertaining local guide, you’ll have the opportunity to explore some of the best hiking trails in both parks, witness breathtaking wildlife sightings, and camp inside Grand Teton national park.
On day one, we’ll explore Grand Tetons National Park, where you’ll witness the majestic Grand Tetons Mountain Range and its surrounding landscape. Take a stroll to Inspiration Point, enjoy a picnic while gazing at the stunning Jenny Lake, and spot some local wildlife such as moose or grizzly bears.
Day two will take us to Yellowstone National Park, where you’ll be in awe of the first-ever national park in the world. Experience the Yellowstone Canyon, witness the Old Faithful, and marvel at the Grand Prismatic Pool. We’ll also explore the different geysers throughout both the North and South areas of the park.
Experience these highlights with a great group of up to 14 guests, with the option to upgrade to a fully private tour for your group of 5. Don’t let this opportunity to witness the natural beauty of these national parks pass you by.
2. Salt Lake City Tour and Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performance
Enjoy an evening performance by the renowned Mormon Tabernacle Choir on this tour of Salt Lake City, Utah. Start with a sightseeing bus tour of the city’s popular landmarks and sites, including the Utah State Capitol building, This is the Place Heritage Park, and the Temple Square complex. Then witness an intimate evening rehearsal on Thursday or a full concert on Sunday by the 360-member all-volunteer Tabernacle Choir, which boasts Grammy and Emmy awards. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to hear this amazing musical and cultural experience. Gratuities for professional guides are recommended at 18-22%. The meeting point is Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown, 215 W S Temple Salt Lake City UT 84101 USA, 15 minutes prior to the tour’s scheduled start.
Frequently Asked Questions About Salt Lake CitySalt Lake City is one of the most prominent destinations for tourists from all over the world. Located in Utah, Salt Lake City is home to many attractions that cater to travelers’ interests. It has incredible architectural buildings, world-class museums, stunning natural landscapes, and much more. And like every other traveler, before visiting this beautiful city, you might have some questions regarding your stay, the food, culture, and much more. In this blog post, we will cover the most frequently asked questions about Salt Lake City.
1. What is the best time of year to visit Salt Lake City?The best time to visit Salt Lake City is during the fall and spring seasons when the weather is mild and comfortable. September to November is the ideal time for visiting Salt Lake City as the foliage starts to turn, creating a picturesque scene throughout the city. Additionally, the spring season from March to May is an excellent time to visit to witness the beautiful blossoms and mild weather. However, Salt Lake City is beautiful throughout the year, and you can visit anytime you like.
2. What is the weather like in Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City has four distinct seasons with hot summers and cold winters. The summer season from June to August is usually warm, with temperatures ranging from 70 to 90°F. The winters from December to February are cold and snowy, with temperatures ranging from 20 to 40°F. If you plan on visiting Salt Lake City in the winter, don’t forget to bring warm clothes as temperatures can sometimes drop below freezing.
3. How do I get around Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City is a well-connected city with excellent transportation options such as buses, trains, light rails, taxis, and even bike rentals. If you are looking for a cost-effective option, using the Utah Transit Authority’s public transit system is your best bet. You can take a bus, train or light rail to many destinations in and around Salt Lake City. Taxis and ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are also readily available.
4. What are some of the must-visit attractions in Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City has plenty of attractions to keep visitors entertained throughout their stay. Some of the must-visit attractions include:
4.1 Temple SquareTemple Square is the most visited attraction in Salt Lake City, welcoming over three million visitors every year. The square is home to the Salt Lake Temple, the Tabernacle, and other significant buildings. It is also the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
4.2 Utah State CapitolLocated on a hill overlooking the city, the Utah State Capitol is a beautiful Renaissance-style building that serves as the state legislative branch. The building’s architecture is stunning, and the view from the top is breathtaking.
4.3 Natural History Museum of UtahThe Natural History Museum of Utah is a must-visit attraction for anyone interested in the history and nature of Utah. The museum has exhibits on Utah’s geology, anthropology, and biology, and much more.
4.4 Red Butte Garden and ArboretumRed Butte Garden and Arboretum is a beautiful botanical garden located on the University of Utah campus. The garden features a wide variety of plant species, including native Utah plants and trees from all over the world.
5. What are some of the best places to dine in Salt Lake City?Salt Lake City has plenty of excellent restaurants that cater to every taste bud, dietary preference, and budget. Some of the top restaurants in Salt Lake City include:
5.1 The Copper OnionThe Copper Onion is located in downtown Salt Lake City, serving contemporary American cuisine. They offer an extensive list of dishes made from scratch using locally sourced ingredients.
5.2 TakashiTakashi is a sushi restaurant located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, offering fresh and delicious sushi dishes made by expert chefs.
5.3 Whiskey StreetWhiskey Street is a popular bar and restaurant located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. They offer an extensive selection of whiskey, beer, and wine, along with delicious comfort food.
6. Is Salt Lake City a family-friendly destination?Yes, Salt Lake City is an excellent destination for families. The city has plenty of attractions that cater to children, such as the Hogle Zoo, Discovery Gateway, and Clark Planetarium. Additionally, there are many outdoor activities such as skiing, snowboarding, biking, and hiking that families can enjoy together.In conclusion, Salt Lake City is a beautiful destination that offers something for everyone. The city’s architecture, natural beauty, and culture are sure to keep visitors entertained throughout their stay. Ensure you visit the right spots and restaurants, along with enjoying the right season, as these would greatly impact your experience. With this guide, we hope we have answered some of the most frequently asked questions about Salt Lake City and provided some helpful tips for your next visit.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in Salt Lake CitySalt Lake City, Utah, is a beautiful and historical city. There are plenty of things to do while visiting, ranging from outdoor activities to cultural events. Here are some suggestions on how to spend your time as a tourist in Salt Lake City.
1. Visit Temple SquareTemple Square is the most popular attraction in Salt Lake City. It is the headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and contains three of the church’s iconic buildings: the Salt Lake Temple, the Tabernacle, and the Assembly Hall. Visitors can take free tours of the square and learn about the history and significance of the buildings.
2. Explore the Great Salt LakeThe Great Salt Lake is the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere. It is located just west of Salt Lake City and offers a unique opportunity for visitors to explore the salt flats and enjoy outdoor activities, such as kayaking and paddleboarding. The lake is also home to a diverse ecosystem of birds and other wildlife.
3. Take a Skiing TripSalt Lake City is known for its world-class ski resorts, including Alta Ski Area, Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort, and Park City Mountain Resort. These resorts offer a range of ski and snowboarding activities for visitors of all levels. The resorts are located within an hour’s drive of Salt Lake City.
4. Visit the Natural History Museum of UtahThe Natural History Museum of Utah is a fascinating attraction for visitors of all ages. The museum is located on the campus of the University of Utah and features exhibits on the natural history and culture of the region. Visitors can explore dinosaur skeletons, learn about the geology of the area, and even participate in hands-on science experiments.
5. Enjoy the Performing ArtsSalt Lake City is home to several world-class performing arts venues, including the Eccles Theater, the Capitol Theatre, and the Abravanel Hall. Visitors can enjoy performances by the Utah Symphony Orchestra, Ballet West, and other local and international acts. There are also several smaller theaters and performance spaces throughout the city.
6. Go Hiking in the Wasatch MountainsThe Wasatch Mountains are a beautiful range located just east of Salt Lake City. They offer a range of hiking trails for visitors of all skill levels, from easy walks to strenuous hikes to ridge-top treks. The mountains also offer stunning scenery and opportunities for wildlife viewing.
7. Visit City Creek CenterCity Creek Center is a modern shopping mall located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. It features a range of high-end and budget-friendly stores, as well as a variety of restaurants and cafes. The mall is also home to a retractable roof and a creek running through the middle of the shopping center.
8. Tour the State Capitol BuildingThe Utah State Capitol Building is a beautiful and iconic building located in the center of Salt Lake City. Visitors can take free tours of the building and learn about the history and significance of Utah’s government. The building also features stunning architecture and artwork, including a stained-glass dome and murals by local artists.
9. Visit the Utah Museum of Fine ArtsThe Utah Museum of Fine Arts is located on the campus of the University of Utah and features a range of exhibits on art and culture from around the world. The museum’s collection includes works by local and international artists, ranging from ancient artifacts to modern paintings and sculptures.
10. Attend a Sporting EventSalt Lake City is home to several professional sports teams, including the Utah Jazz (basketball), Real Salt Lake (soccer), and the Salt Lake Bees (baseball). Visitors can attend games throughout the year and cheer on the local teams. The city also hosts several major sporting events each year, such as the Sundance Film Festival and the Tour of Utah cycling race.
Book Your Tour NowSalt Lake City is a vibrant city with plenty of things to do for visitors of all ages and interests. Whether you are interested in exploring the great outdoors or learning about the area’s history and culture, there is something for everyone in Salt Lake City. Be sure to visit some of these top attractions and enjoy your time in this beautiful city.
Table of Contents