Denver is a city full of surprises that never fail to amaze its visitors. From its picturesque outdoors to its thriving cultural scene, Denver has something for everyone. If you’re planning a trip to the Mile High City, you’re in for a treat – this post will take you on a tour of the best attractions and things to do in Denver that will make your trip unforgettable. Whether you’re an art enthusiast, a foodie or an outdoor adventurer, Denver has plenty of exciting experiences to offer. So sit back, relax, and let’s dive into the vibrant world of Denver tourism!
The 5 Best Cool Things to Do in Denver
- Foothills of the Rockies
- Foothills Mountain Tour
- Denver Citypassr Save Up to 40 on Top Attractions
- Denver Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park Ticket
- Rocky Mountain National Park Driving Audio Tour App
The 5 Best Cool Things to Do in Denver
1. Foothills of the Rockies
Explore the foothills of the Rockies on this small-group tour departing from Denver Union Station. Let a professional guide do the driving on mountain byways while you take in the stunning views. Visit Golden’s historic downtown and sample local brews or shop for souvenirs. Spot buffalo roaming along the highway and enjoy great views from the top of Lookout Mountain. Snacks and bottled water are included. Small-group sizes ensure personalized attention from your guide. Hotel pickup and drop-off provided. Gratuities are recommended. Don’t miss this chance to escape the city for a few hours and see the best of the foothills.
2. Foothills Mountain Tour
Explore the scenic beauty of Colorado’s Wild West history with the Foothills Mountain Tour, a half-day tour of the Rocky Mountain foothills from Denver. Discover the renowned natural amphitheater at Red Rocks, catch sight of America’s last wild buffalo herd grazing in the foothills, and bask in panoramic views of Denver and the Front Range from atop Lookout Mountain. Pay tribute to one of the great showmen of the early West at the Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave. This tour offers an ideal way to explore the Rocky Mountain foothills when you’re short on time. With a small-group limit of 14 people, you’re assured a personalized experience. Bottled water and lunch are included, but gratuities are not. The tour starts with a pickup from Union Station at 10 AM and you’ll meet outside Hopdoddy Burger Bar located outside the Main Entrance on Wynkoop Street.
3. Denver Citypassr Save Up to 40 on Top Attractions
Enjoy your Denver visit to the fullest with the Denver CityPASS® that allows you to save up to 43% on combined admission to 3, 4 or 5 of Denver’s top attractions. With instant delivery of mobile tickets, you can take up to 7 days to visit each attraction while enjoying discounted rates on any additional purchases.
Explore the Downtown Aquarium, discover the wonders of nature at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, or find joy in the urban oasis at the Denver Botanical gardens. The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, The Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum, The Denver Art Museum, and The History Colorado Center are some of the other popular attractions to choose from.
Choose a prepaid one-time admission to the attractions that interest you the most and experience the best things to do in Denver with Denver CityPASS®.
4. Denver Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park Ticket
Located in the heart of Denver, Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park is the place to be for thrill-seekers and families alike. With over 130 years of fun, this Colorado park combines a world-class theme park and water park for an unforgettable experience. From award-winning water slides, like the Tube Top, to adrenaline-pumping coasters, such as the Mind Eraser and Boomerang, there’s something for everyone. Take in scenic views of Denver and the Rocky Mountains as you plummet 200 feet on the Tower of Doom, or swing at 17-stories tall on Star Flyer. The park also offers exciting events, entertainment, games, and arcades, as well as special events like Fright Fest. Your one-day ticket includes access to all attractions, as well as XLR8R bungee jumping and Sling Shot attractions. Food, drinks, and parking are also included, making for a stress-free day of fun. Please note that this tour is not suitable for people under 3 ft 9 in (120 cm). Don’t miss out on the fun at Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park.
5. Rocky Mountain National Park Driving Audio Tour App
Explore the natural beauty and rich history of Rocky Mountain National Park with a convenient audio tour app. With offline capabilities and a live GPS, the app will guide you through hiking trails and viewpoints while providing fascinating information about the Ute tribe and the history of the region. With just one tour purchase per car, you can enjoy excellent value and hassle-free exploration. Don’t miss out on the hidden gems of this stunning park!
Frequently Asked Questions About Denver: Everything You Need to KnowDenver, Colorado is one of the most exciting cities in the United States to visit. Known for its beautiful scenery, outdoor recreation, craft beer, and excellent quality of life, it’s easy to see why so many people want to come here. If you’re planning a trip to the Mile High City, you might have some questions about things like weather, transportation, tourist attractions, and more. In this blog post, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about Denver.
1. What’s the Weather Like in Denver?Denver’s weather is often unpredictable and can change quickly. It’s known for its sunny days, low humidity, and mild temperatures. Summers are warm, with average temperatures in the 80s, while winters can be cold with temperatures in the 30s and 40s. However, it’s always good to be prepared for sudden changes in temperature, so make sure you bring layers and check the forecast before heading out.
2. How Do I Get Around Denver?Denver has a variety of transportation options, including buses, light rails, and taxis. The main public transportation provider is the Regional Transportation District (RTD), which serves the greater Denver area. If you prefer to drive, there are plenty of car rental companies available at the airport and around the city. You can also use ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft.
3. What Are the Must-See Tourist Attractions in Denver?Denver has plenty of attractions to offer, whether you’re interested in history, art, nature, or sports. Some of the most popular tourist attractions include:
- The Denver Art Museum
- The Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- The Colorado State Capitol
- The Denver Botanic Gardens
- The Denver Zoo
- The Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre
- The Colorado Rockies ballpark
4. Where Should I Stay in Denver?Denver has plenty of accommodation options, from luxurious hotels to budget-friendly hostels. Some of the best areas to stay in include:
- Downtown Denver: If you want to be in the heart of the city and near all the major tourist attractions, downtown Denver is the place to be.
- Cherry Creek: This upscale neighborhood is known for its high-end shopping and dining options.
- Capitol Hill: This historic neighborhood is home to many museums, galleries, and theaters.
5. What Are Some of the Best Restaurants in Denver?Denver has a thriving food scene, with plenty of restaurants serving up delicious cuisine. Some of the most popular options include:
- Mercantile Dining & Provision: This farm-to-table restaurant in the Union Station neighborhood offers a menu of seasonal, locally-sourced dishes.
- El Five: This Mediterranean tapas restaurant in the LoHi neighborhood has stunning views of the city skyline.
- Linger: This former mortuary turned restaurant serves up eclectic international cuisine with a focus on small plates.
6. What Are Some Fun Outdoor Activities to Do in Denver?Denver is known for its outdoor recreation, with plenty of opportunities for hiking, skiing, rafting, and more. Some of the best outdoor activities in Denver include:
- Hiking in the Rocky Mountains
- Skiing at one of the many ski resorts in the area
- White-water rafting down the Arkansas River
- Biking or walking along the Cherry Creek Trail
7. What’s the Best Time of Year to Visit Denver?The best time to visit Denver largely depends on what you want to do while you’re here. If you’re interested in skiing or other winter activities, the best time to visit is between December and February. If you’re looking to explore Denver’s outdoor activities during the warmer months, May through September is a great time to visit. However, keep in mind that these are also the busiest and most expensive times to visit.
8. Is Denver Safe for Tourists?Overall, Denver is a safe city for tourists. However, like any city, there are certain areas that are safer than others. It’s always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and avoid areas that might be deemed unsafe, especially at night. Take the same precautions you would in any other city to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
9. What Are Some Other Attractions Near Denver?If you’re looking to explore the area outside of Denver, there are plenty of other attractions to visit. Some of the best options include:
- The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs
- The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park
- The Great Sand Dunes National Park
- The Rocky Mountain National Park
- The Royal Gorge Bridge in Canon City
10. What Are Some Unique Things to Do in Denver?If you’re looking to do something a little more off-the-beaten-path, here are some unique things to do in Denver:
- Visit the International Church of Cannabis, a church where marijuana is part of the sacrament
- Take a ghost tour of the historic Capitol Hill neighborhood
- Explore the Denver Microbrew Tour, which takes you to some of the city’s best craft breweries
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver, which showcases modern art from around the world
Final ThoughtsDenver is an amazing city with plenty to offer tourists. Whether you’re interested in outdoor activities, history, art, or food, you’ll find something to love here. By answering these frequently asked questions, we hope to make your trip planning a little bit easier. Remember to pack for any weather, be aware of your surroundings, and have a great time exploring all that Denver has to offer.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in DenverDenver, also known as the Mile-High City, is a beautiful destination for tourists. It is recognized for its booming craft beer industry, stunning mountain views, and outdoor activities. If you’re planning a trip to Denver, here are some suggestions on how to spend your time.
1. Visit the Red Rocks AmphitheatreRed Rocks Amphitheatre is a stunning outdoor venue that holds 9,500 people. It’s made up of naturally formed red rocks and has been around since 1906. Today, it’s home to concerts, events, and more. Even if there isn’t an event happening, it’s still worth visiting. You can take a hike through the park, climb the rocks, or simply admire the view.
2. Explore the Denver Art MuseumThe Denver Art Museum is one of the largest galleries in the West. The museum has more than 70,000 works of art in its collection, including works by indigenous artists of the American West. You can enjoy the gallery’s permanent exhibits or check out the traveling exhibitions.
3. Get a Taste of Denver’s Craft Beer SceneDenver has one of the most impressive craft beer scenes in the country. There are more than 70 breweries in the city, each with their own unique take on beer. Some of the best breweries include Great Divide Brewing Company, Epic Brewing Company, and River North Brewery. Taking a brewery tour is a must-do activity for beer lovers.
4. Take a Walk in Washington ParkWashington Park is a beautiful green space in Denver with two lakes and multiple gardens. The park is a great place to have a picnic or simply relax. You can also rent bikes or paddle boats at the park.
5. Visit the Denver Botanic GardensOne of Denver’s top attractions is the Botanic Gardens. It’s home to many plants from around the world and is divided into many different gardens, including Japanese, Alpine, and Rose. If you like plants, this is a must-visit attraction.
6. Take a Trip to Rocky Mountain National ParkRocky Mountain National Park is a beautiful destination about two hours north of Denver. It’s home to mountain vistas, alpine lakes, and wildlife such as elk and bighorn sheep. You can take a scenic drive through the park or hike one of the many trails.
7. Catch a Game at Coors FieldCoors Field is home to the Colorado Rockies, Denver’s Major League Baseball team. Baseball season is from April to September, and catching a game is a fun way to spend an afternoon or evening. The stadium has great views of the mountains and downtown Denver.
8. Visit the Colorado State CapitolDenver’s Colorado State Capitol building is a beautiful example of neoclassical architecture. The building is home to the governor’s office, as well as the legislative and judicial branches of state government. Visitors can take a guided tour of the building.
9. Explore LoDoLoDo, short for Lower Downtown, is Denver’s historic district. The area is full of beautiful historic buildings and is home to many restaurants, bars, and shops. Take a walk down Larimer Street or check out Union Station, one of Denver’s oldest historic buildings.
10. Take a Ride on the Denver Light RailThe Denver Light Rail is a great way to explore the city. The rail system has multiple lines that connect to different parts of Denver, including downtown and the airport. It’s a fun and easy way to get around and see the city.
Book Your Tour NowDenver is a great destination for tourists. Whether you’re interested in outdoor activities, art, beer, or history, there’s something for everyone. The above ten suggestions are just a few examples of what Denver has to offer. With its stunning views and friendly locals, you’re sure to have a great trip.
Table of Contents