Welcome to Moorea, the island paradise that will take your breath away with its stunning natural beauty and endless activities to do. Situated in French Polynesia, Moorea is ideal for both thrill-seekers and peace lovers. From pristine beaches with crystal clear waters to majestic mountains covered with lush greenery, Moorea offers a wide array of landscapes to explore. With so many choices, it can be overwhelming to decide which attractions and activities to prioritize. That’s why we’ve curated the ultimate guide to the best attractions and things to do in Moorea. Let’s discover this tropical haven together!
The 2 Best City Walking Tours in Moorea
The 2 Best City Walking Tours in Moorea
1. 4 Hours of Pure Fun in 4×4 Discovering Moorea and Its History
Venture beyond Moorea’s resorts on this half-day tour and get a first-hand look at all the island’s top sights. With expert narration throughout, this tour guarantees a hassle-free way to see some of Moorea’s most beautiful and off the beaten path viewpoints like Magic Mountain and Belvedere Lookout, visit ancient marae (Polynesian temples) and pineapple fields, and even tour an island distillery. You will be driven in a 4×4 by a professional guide who will take you to the hidden corners of the island, while you enjoy the breathtaking views of Cook’s Bay and Opunohu Bay from elevated lookouts. This tour also includes food tasting and hassle-free round-trip transport from Moorea hotels or the cruise port. You can head directly to your preferred meeting point or request a pickup at designated locations. This activity ends back at the meeting point.
2. Moorea Island Tour
Explore the beautiful island of Moorea with a guided island tour designed for cruise-ship visitors. This tour takes you to the main points of interest in the area, including the Belvedere lookout point with breathtaking views and the pineapple plantation. You’ll travel in an air-conditioned coach with a professional guide leading the way. Both morning and afternoon departures are available, and port pick-ups and drop-offs are included. The tour includes a local guide, a professional guide, an air-conditioned vehicle, food and drinks, gratuities, and the option to purchase a DVD. Pickup is available at the tender pier where the tour company has an office. It’s important to note that the tour is not wheelchair accessible. Don’t miss out on seeing many of Moorea’s top attractions in just a few hours with this island tour.
Everything You Need to Know About Moorea: A Tourist’s GuideMoorea is a breathtaking island located in the South Pacific’s French Polynesia, approximately 17 km west of Tahiti. It is known for its spectacular scenery, crystal clear waters, and vibrant marine life. Moorea is often considered one of the most beautiful islands in the world and is a popular destination among honeymooners, adventure travelers, and nature enthusiasts alike. If you’re planning a trip to Moorea, here are some frequently asked questions that you might find helpful.
1. What’s the most popular time of year to visit Moorea?Moorea remains warm and humid year-round, with average temperatures ranging from 75°F to 85°F. However, the most preferred time to visit is during the dry season, which lasts from May to October. During this time, the weather is typically sunny and dry, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, and snorkeling. Keep in mind that this is also the peak season, so prices tend to be higher, and it’s essential to make your reservations in advance.
2. What’s the best way to get to Moorea?The easiest way to get to Moorea is by taking a short ferry ride from the nearby island of Tahiti, where most international flights to French Polynesia land. Alternatively, you can take a domestic flight from Papeete, Tahiti’s capital city, to Moorea’s airport. Several airlines offer daily flights to Moorea.
3. What are the must-visit tourist attractions in Moorea?Moorea has some stunning natural attractions that you won’t want to miss, including:
a) Moorea LagoonariumLocated on Motu Ahi, the Lagoonarium is a floating aquarium that features an array of marine life indigenous to French Polynesia. Visitors can get up close and personal with rays, sharks, turtles, and a variety of fish in the natural habitat.
b) Belvedere LookoutBelvedere Lookout is one of the island’s most stunning viewpoints, offering panoramic views of the lush green valleys, blue lagoon, and rugged mountain peaks. It’s a perfect spot for snapping some great photos.
c) Tiki Village Cultural CenterThis cultural village is designed to showcase the unique Polynesian culture and traditions. Visitors can experience Tahitian drumming and dancing performances, watch a black pearl demonstration, wander through a reconstructed ancient village, and sample local cuisine.
4. Are there any adventurous activities in Moorea?Yes, Moorea has a lot of adventurous activities that you can enjoy. Here are some of the most thrilling activities:
a) Shark and Ray FeedingThis is one of the most popular activities in Moorea. You can get up close and personal with blacktip reef sharks and stingrays while snorkeling in the lagoon.
b) ATV ToursIf you’re up for a wild ride, you can rent an ATV and explore Moorea’s rugged terrain. From lush valleys to mountain peaks, there’s a lot to discover.
c) Scuba DivingMoorea has some of the best dive sites in the world, with crystal clear waters that provide excellent visibility. You can explore colorful coral reefs, swim alongside dolphins and turtles, and discover some of the unique marine life of French Polynesia.
5. What are the best beaches in Moorea?Moorea has some of the most picture-perfect beaches in the world. Here are some of the best ones that you should visit:
a) Temae BeachThis gorgeous beach is located on the north coast of Moorea, offering breathtaking views of the island of Tahiti. With crystal clear waters and soft white sand, it’s a perfect spot for swimming, sunbathing, and snorkeling.
b) Tiahura BeachTiahura Beach is a secluded beach located on the western coast of Moorea. It’s an excellent spot for sunbathing, surfing, and snorkeling.
c) Maitai BeachMaitai Beach is a beautiful and peaceful beach located in Cook’s Bay. With calm waters and majestic scenery, it’s the perfect spot for relaxation and unwinding.In conclusion, Moorea is an incredible destination that has something to offer for everyone. Whether you want to relax on the beach, explore the island’s natural beauty, or indulge in thrilling adventure activities, Moorea has it all. Use this guide as a starting point to plan your trip and make the most of your vacation in paradise.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in MooreaMoorea, French Polynesia’s hidden gem, is a peaceful island surrounded by crystal-clear water, coconut palm trees, and an enchanting vibe. The island attracts tourists from all over the world, who come to discover and explore the island’s treasures. In this post, we offer a comprehensive guide on how to make the most of your stay in Moorea.
1. Go for a Swim in the LagoonMoorea’s most popular activity is swimming in the lagoon. The water is warm, crystal-clear, and welcoming. There are plenty of beaches to choose from, and some of them offer privacy and seclusion. A few of the best beaches for swimming are:
- Tiahura Beach
- Temae Beach
- Maharepa Beach
2. SnorkelingMoorea’s lagoon is home to diverse and vibrant aquatic life, making it the perfect place for snorkeling. The water is so clear that you can see the colorful coral, tropical fish, and stingrays swimming by. Some of the best snorkeling spots in Moorea are:
- Opunohu Bay
- Temae Beach
3. Explore the Island by Car or ScooterRenting a car or scooter is one of the best ways to explore Moorea. It’s affordable and convenient, and it allows you to discover hidden gems and breathtaking sceneries at your own pace. A few places you must visit are:
- Belvedere Lookout
- Cook’s Bay
- Mount Tohivea
4. Take a HikeMoorea’s volcanic mountains offer fantastic hiking opportunities for all levels of fitness. The trails provide awe-inspiring views of the island’s beauty, and you might even spot some of the endemic species that call this place their home. Here are some of the best hikes in Moorea:
- Three Coconuts Trail
- Mount Rotui
- The Magic Mountain
5. Visit the Tiki Village Cultural CenterThe Tiki Village Cultural Center is a must-visit when in Moorea. It’s an authentic Polynesian experience that showcases the island’s cultural heritage through music, dance, and traditional customs. Some of the activities you can enjoy at the Tiki Village Cultural Center are:
- Fire Dancing Show
- Tahitian Dancing Show
- Traditional Cooking Demonstration
6. Whale WatchingBetween July and October, humpback whales come to Moorea’s waters to mate and give birth. It’s an extraordinary sight to see these majestic creatures breach and play in the ocean. There are several tour operators that offer whale watching tours, and you can even swim with the whales if you’re brave enough.
7. DivingMoorea is a world-renowned diving destination, with its pristine waters, rich marine life, and shipwrecks dating back to World War II. There are several diving centers on the island that offer diving courses and tours for all levels of experience.
Book Your Tour NowMoorea is a beautiful and peaceful island that offers numerous activities and experiences for all types of travelers. Whether you’re looking for an adventure, relaxation, or cultural immersion, Moorea has something to offer. We hope this guide helps you plan your trip to Moorea and makes the most of your stay on the island.
Table of Contents