Welcome to Knoxville, Tennessee — the heart of the Smoky Mountains! Known for its Southern charm, this city is bustling with great food, lively music, and of course, plenty of amazing bars. Whether you’re new to the city, a longtime resident, or just passing through, you won’t want to miss out on Knoxville’s best pubs. In this blog post, we’re going to take a look at some of the best pub crawls in Knoxville. From the Old City to Market Square, we’ve got all the details you need to have the ultimate night out with your friends. So if you’re ready to experience Knoxville’s nightlife at its finest, grab a drink and let’s get started!
The 1 Best Pub Crawls in Knoxville
The 1 Best Pub Crawls in Knoxville
1. Knoxville: Pigeon Forge Wine and Moonshine Tour with Tasting
Embark on a wine and moonshine tour in picturesque Pigeon Forge, located just 30 miles outside of Knoxville. Learn about Tennessee’s rich history of liquor production as you visit two wineries and two distilleries. Sample locally-crafted wines and personalized guided tastings, and explore the unbelievable flavors of moonshine. With a knowledgeable driver and admission to each establishment included, this fun and educational adventure into the Smoky Mountains is suitable for all experience levels.
Frequently Asked Questions About the City of Knoxville
If you are planning a trip to Knoxville, Tennessee, you may have some questions about the city. To help you out, we have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions by tourists about Knoxville.
1. What is the best time to visit Knoxville?
The best time to visit Knoxville is during the months of April to November. The weather during these months is generally pleasant, and there are plenty of outdoor activities to do. However, if you are looking for a less expensive and less crowded time to visit, you can plan your trip during the winter months.
2. What are the must-see attractions in Knoxville?
Knoxville has many attractions that are worth seeing, such as:
- World’s Fair Park: This park was the site of the 1982 World’s Fair and is now a popular destination for tourists and locals.
- University of Tennessee: The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee is located in Knoxville, and visitors can take a tour of the campus.
- Market Square: This vibrant square is the heart of Knoxville’s downtown area and is home to many shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Tennessee Theatre: This historic theater hosts concerts, live performances, and movies.
- Knoxville Zoo: The city’s zoo is home to over 800 animals and is a popular attraction for families.
3. What is the best way to get around Knoxville?
The best way to get around Knoxville is by car. While the city does have public transportation (including buses and trolleys), it is not as extensive as in some other cities. You can also get around by bike or on foot, especially in the downtown area.
4. What local food should I try while in Knoxville?
Knoxville has a variety of food options, but some local dishes you should try include:
- Hot chicken: This spicy fried chicken is a Tennessee staple and can be found at many restaurants in Knoxville.
- Barbecue: The city has many barbecue joints, serving up smoked meats and classic sides like baked beans and coleslaw.
- Biscuits: The South is known for its biscuits, and Knoxville is no exception. Look for a breakfast joint serving up biscuits and gravy.
- Moon pies: These chocolate-covered marshmallow treats are a Southern favorite and can be found in many Knoxville shops.
5. Are there any outdoor activities to do in Knoxville?
Yes! Knoxville is surrounded by nature, and there are many outdoor activities to do, including:
- Hiking: There are many hiking trails in and around Knoxville, including the Appalachian Trail and the Smoky Mountains.
- Water activities: The Tennessee River runs through Knoxville, and visitors can enjoy activities like kayaking, fishing, and stand-up paddleboarding.
- Cycling: Knoxville has a growing network of bike lanes and trails, and visitors can rent bikes to explore the city and its surroundings.
- Parks: Knoxville has many parks, including Ijams Nature Center, which offers hiking trails and outdoor activities.
6. What is the nightlife like in Knoxville?
Knoxville has a vibrant nightlife scene with many bars, music venues, and clubs. Some popular areas to explore include Downtown Knoxville, Old City, and Market Square.
7. What is the weather like in Knoxville?
Knoxville has a humid subtropical climate, with hot, humid summers and cool winters. The average high temperature in the summer is around 85°F, and the average low temperature in the winter is around 30°F.
8. Where can I stay in Knoxville?
Knoxville has a variety of accommodations to choose from, ranging from budget-friendly hotels to luxury resorts. Some popular areas to stay in include Downtown Knoxville and the University of Tennessee area.
9. What is the best way to get to Knoxville?
Knoxville has its own airport, McGhee Tyson Airport, which is located about 20 minutes from downtown. You can also drive to Knoxville using major highways, including I-40 and I-75.
10. What is the cost of living in Knoxville?
Knoxville is known for being an affordable city, with a cost of living that is lower than the national average. You can find budget-friendly restaurants, accommodations, and entertainment options throughout the city.
Knoxville is a great destination for visitors who are looking to explore the beauty of Tennessee, enjoy outdoor activities, and experience Southern hospitality. By knowing the answers to these frequently asked questions, you will be well-prepared for your trip to Knoxville.
How to Spend Your Time as a Tourist in KnoxvilleIf you’re planning a trip to Knoxville, Tennessee, you’re in for a treat. This vibrant city in the heart of the Eastern United States is full of things to see and do. To help you make the most of your time in Knoxville, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide with clear step-by-step instructions. Here’s how to spend your time as a tourist in Knoxville:
Step 1: Explore the Great OutdoorsOne of the best things about Knoxville is its access to natural beauty. The city is nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, which means there are plenty of opportunities for outdoor adventures. Here are some ideas:
1. Visit Ijams Nature CenterIjams Nature Center is located just a few minutes from downtown Knoxville, but it feels like a world away. This 315-acre nature preserve is filled with hiking trails, biking trails, and wildlife. Make sure to stop by the visitor’s center to get a trail map and learn more about the area.
2. Hike in the Great Smoky MountainsIf you’re up for a bit of a drive, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is just an hour away from Knoxville. This park is one of the most popular in the country and for good reason. There are more than 800 miles of hiking trails, including several that lead to waterfalls and spectacular vistas.
3. Go Whitewater Rafting on the Ocoee RiverIf you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, head to the Ocoee River for a day of whitewater rafting. This river, located about an hour southeast of Knoxville, is one of the best in the Southeast for rafting. There are several outfitters in the area that offer guided trips.
Step 2: Experience the Local CultureKnoxville has a rich history and culture that is worth exploring. Here are some ideas for immersing yourself in the local scene:
1. Visit the Knoxville Museum of ArtThe Knoxville Museum of Art is a must-visit for anyone interested in art and culture. The museum has a diverse collection of works from local and regional artists, as well as more well-known artists. Check their website for current exhibitions.
2. Stroll through Market SquareMarket Square is the heart of downtown Knoxville, and it’s always buzzing with activity. On Wednesdays and Saturdays, there’s a farmers’ market where you can find fresh produce and unique crafts. The rest of the week, you can shop at some of Knoxville’s best independent boutiques or grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants.
3. Attend a Knoxville Symphony Orchestra ConcertThe Knoxville Symphony Orchestra is one of the best in the region, and attending a concert is a great way to experience the city’s culture. Check their website for upcoming events.
Step 3: Indulge in Southern CuisineNo trip to Knoxville would be complete without trying some of the city’s famous Southern cuisine. Here are some must-eat foods and restaurants:
1. Hot Chicken at Chandler’s DeliChandler’s Deli is a local favorite, known for their spicy hot chicken. They serve it up with all the classic Southern sides, like mac and cheese and collard greens.
2. Barbecue at Sweet P’s BBQSweet P’s BBQ is an award-winning barbecue joint that has been featured on the Food Network. They smoke their meats for hours over hickory wood, and the results are mouth-watering.
3. Brunch at Tupelo Honey CafeTupelo Honey Cafe is a Southern-inspired brunch spot that’s perfect for a lazy weekend morning. Try their famous sweet potato pancakes or the shrimp and grits.
Step 4: Relax and UnwindAfter all the exploring and eating, it’s important to take some time to relax and unwind. Here are some ideas for unwinding in Knoxville:
1. Take a Walk in World’s Fair ParkWorld’s Fair Park is a beautiful green space in the middle of downtown Knoxville. It was the site of the 1982 World’s Fair and has since been transformed into a lovely park. Take a walk around the lake or sit and relax in one of the many benches.
2. Visit the Knoxville Botanical Garden and ArboretumThe Knoxville Botanical Garden and Arboretum is a peaceful oasis in the middle of the city. Stroll through the gardens and admire the flowers and plants, or take a guided tour to learn more.
3. Get a Massage at Spa VisageSpa Visage is a luxurious spa in Knoxville that offers a range of massages and treatments. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage or a facial.
Book Your Tour NowKnoxville is a wonderful city with something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in outdoor adventures, local culture, Southern cuisine, or just relaxing, Knoxville has it all. By following our step-by-step guide, you can make the most of your time in this great city.
Table of Contents