Columbus, the capital of Ohio, is a vibrant city that offers a diversity of attractions and activities for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, a foodie, or an art enthusiast, there’s something for everyone in this lively and welcoming city. From top-rated museums and art galleries to stunning parks and gardens, from delicious local cuisine to exciting festivals and events, Columbus has it all. In this post, we’ll give you a comprehensive guide to the best attractions and things to do in Columbus, so you can plan your next visit to this wonderful city with ease.
The 2 Best Activities in Columbus
The 2 Best Activities in Columbus
1. Columbus Attractions Pass
Looking for the best way to discover Columbus? Take advantage of the Columbus Attractions Pass, an all-in-one ticket to some of the city’s most amazing highlights. This pass provides you with admission and transportation to four of Columbus’ most sought-after attractions, including the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, the Columbus Museum of Art, the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, and the National Veterans Memorial and Museum.
Start your journey by visiting the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, where you can come face-to-face with polar bears and arctic foxes. You will surely be amazed by this incredible experience. Next, step into the stunning glass artworks of the Chihuly Collection at the Franklin Park Conservatory and unleash your artistic side. The Columbus Museum of Art will then welcome you with a treasure trove of transformative and enthralling artworks of all kinds, perfect for both the history buffs and the art enthusiasts alike. Finally, immerse yourself in the history of America’s veterans at the National Veterans Memorial and Museum.
Your ticket includes not only admission to all four attractions but also transportation to and from each location. Bring your appetite too, as the Columbus Attractions Pass also includes food and drinks. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity and be sure to grab your Columbus Attractions Pass today!
2. Legolandr Discovery Center Columbus
Discover the many LEGO attractions at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Columbus. Blast skeletons on the Kingdom Quest ride, hop aboard a royal chariot to save the princess, and see famous LEGO characters on the big screen at the 4D LEGO Cinema.
Take flight on the Merlin’s Apprentice ride where families control an enchanted cart to conjure the sorcerer’s spell and soar into the sky. Explore MINILAND, a Columbus cityscape made entirely out of LEGO Bricks — over 1.5 million to be exact.
Build friendship in LEGO Friends Heartlake City and create new colorful additions to add to their growing town. Get a selfie with millions and millions of LEGO bricks as your backdrop. With so many interactive activities to choose from, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Columbus is the ultimate indoor LEGO playground for all ages.
Frequently Asked Questions About ColumbusColumbus is the capital city of Ohio and the 14th largest city in the United States. It is a vibrant city with a rich history, diverse culture, world-class attractions, and plenty of opportunities for fun and relaxation. As a tourist, you might have several questions about Columbus, from the best time to visit the city to the top things to do and see. In this blog post, we’ll answer the most frequently asked questions about Columbus to help you plan your trip and make the most out of your visit.
1. When is the best time to visit Columbus?Columbus has a humid continental climate, which means that it experiences all four seasons – cold winters, mild springs, hot summers, and cool falls. The best time to visit Columbus depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re interested in outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, and swimming, the best time to visit would be from May to October when the weather is warm and pleasant. If you’re interested in cultural events and festivals, the best time to visit would be from June to September when the city hosts several events and festivals.
2. What are the top attractions in Columbus?Columbus has several great attractions that cater to all interests and ages. Some of the top attractions in the city include:
• Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
This 88-acre park features gardens, art installations, exhibitions, and special events. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
• Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
This world-renowned zoo features over 9,000 animals from 800 species. It’s a great place for families and animal lovers.
• Center of Science and Industry (COSI)
This interactive science museum features over 300 hands-on exhibits, live shows, and a planetarium. It’s a great place for kids and adults.
• Ohio Statehouse
This historic building serves as the seat of Ohio’s government. It’s a great place to learn about Ohio’s history and government.
3. Where should I stay in Columbus?Columbus has several great neighborhoods to stay in, depending on your budget and preferences. Some of the best neighborhoods to stay in include:
• Downtown Columbus
This area is great for those who want to be close to the city’s attractions, nightlife, and restaurants.
• German Village
This historic neighborhood features charming brick houses, cobblestone streets, and great restaurants and bars.
• Short North Arts District
This trendy neighborhood features art galleries, boutiques, and restaurants. It’s a great place for those who want to experience Columbus’s arts and culture scene.
4. What are the best restaurants in Columbus?Columbus has a thriving food scene with several great restaurants that cater to all tastes and budgets. Some of the best restaurants in the city include:
• The Thurman Cafe
This iconic restaurant is famous for its “Thurmanator” burger, a massive burger with two 12-ounce patties, bacon, and all the fixings.
• Northstar Cafe
This health-conscious restaurant specializes in organic and locally sourced food. It’s a great place for those who want to eat healthy.
• Schmidt’s Sausage Haus und Restaurant
This German restaurant features authentic German cuisine, such as sausages, schnitzel, and beer.
5. What are the best shopping destinations in Columbus?Columbus has several great shopping destinations that cater to all tastes and budgets. Some of the best shopping destinations in the city include:
• Easton Town Center
This outdoor shopping center features over 240 shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
• Short North Arts District
This trendy neighborhood features art galleries, boutiques, and specialty shops.
• Polaris Fashion Place
This indoor shopping mall features over 150 retailers, restaurants, and entertainment options.